Profile for Thomas Edward Hofmann > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas Edward Hofmann "Tom Hofmann" RSS Feed (Lexington, KY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Far From Home: The Complete First Series (Far From Home 1-12) (Far From Home Box set)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A new low, May 13, 2015
The only good thing I can say is "good marketing" since a whole lot of us wasted 99 cents for this load of excrement. To put this writing on a par with B rated movies is way too generous.
I seriously doubt that this author is actually an adult. He/she has an incredibly immature imagination and clearly no life-experience based concept of leadership. A much more appropriate title would be something like Star-ship Sorority.
The critical reviewers that rate this higher than low-grade garbage are definitely not credible and I just can't see how this could possibly be on a top 100 list unless it's the worst list.
Definitely waste the 99 cents so will have a new low to compare other writing to.

Apocalyptic Planet: A Field Guide to the Future of the Earth
Apocalyptic Planet: A Field Guide to the Future of the Earth
by Craig Childs
Price: $11.34
65 used & new from $6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, buckle-up!, May 21, 2014
Just the best non-fiction story I ever read. It's not all "doom and gloom", just a realistic look. I don't want to spoil it so I'll just say this is a great adventure so incredibly well written.
Craig Childs is a mix of Anthony Bourdain and Indiana Jones and if I were 30 years younger... I'd want to be Craig when I grow up.

Sudoku:  Blank Worksheet Book 200 Page: Two Blank Sudoku Grids Per Page (Daniel Simms Sudoku Solutions) (Volume 4)
Sudoku: Blank Worksheet Book 200 Page: Two Blank Sudoku Grids Per Page (Daniel Simms Sudoku Solutions) (Volume 4)
by Daniel Simms
Price: $11.40
4 used & new from $11.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, May 21, 2014
Look, draw a grid on a piece of paper and take it to Staples. Print 200 copies and you have something more useful than this book. The grids are too small to be useful at all.
Turned right around and sent it back.

Sudoku:  Solution Set Worksheet Book: For working on harder Sudoku Puzzles (Volume 2)
Sudoku: Solution Set Worksheet Book: For working on harder Sudoku Puzzles (Volume 2)
by Daniel Simms
Price: $12.00
2 used & new from $5.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Colossal Misrepresentation, May 21, 2014
What you find inside, on each page, is the same really, really, really basic description of how to work the most fundamental beginners puzzle. So you get a one page book repeated 200 times. A very remedial one page book.
I guess it has some value if you need to be reminded 200 times how to count to nine.
And the grids on every-other page are so small it would be useless for solving harder puzzles with some of the advanced tools.
Do not be fooled by this character: just another con, save your money.

National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Night Sky (National Audubon Society Field Guides)
by NATIONAL AUDUBON SOCIETY
Edition: Turtleback
Price: $17.21
205 used & new from $0.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Out-of-Date, March 28, 2014
Had an earlier version and thought it was great; learned a lot including how to tell what planet I was viewing. The planet longitude chart ran out and it would have been worth the money for it alone. Was very disappointed to find my new version only went from 2008 to 2015. (This is 2014)
Sent it back.

Evil Machines
Evil Machines
by Terry Jones
31 used & new from $1.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Hit or miss?, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Evil Machines (Paperback)
It was okay, but couldn't recommend it to a friend. I had just read 'Star Ship Titanic' where Terry Jones teamed up with Douglas Adams so I thought it might be that good. The other is probably the best Douglas Adams story I read so I had higher expectations for Terry Jones. It seemed to drag on to a predictable conclusion and it just wasn't all that clever or funny.

Heading Toward Omega: In Search of the Meaning of the Near-Death Experience
Heading Toward Omega: In Search of the Meaning of the Near-Death Experience
by Kenneth Ring
39 used & new from $0.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Required text, September 19, 2013
Maybe I rate this higher than I should, but for anyone serious about studying NDE it should be required reading. Mind numbing raw data after data throughout, but at least it is combined with solid, credible interpretation. Of course I'm not a very fast reader and don't digest the data very quickly. It does provide rationale for the conclusions.

Near-Death Experiences as Evidence for the Existence of God and Heaven: A Brief Introduction in Plain Language
by J. Steve Miller
Price: $9.95
38 used & new from $8.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, September 19, 2013
The religious spin is usually a "turn-off" for me, but considering all the books I've read on the subject this one is a "liked it." I had to consider this author's unique perspective and allow for all of us to interpret our experiences through cultural filters.

I don't know which is worse: finding little credibility in the author's writing or so much 'mind-numbing' research data that it puts me to sleep. But this is an interesting, believable account.

The Year's Best Science Fiction: Thirtieth Annual Collection
The Year's Best Science Fiction: Thirtieth Annual Collection
by Indrapramit Das
Price: $16.40
59 used & new from $2.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, September 18, 2013
I really liked this one. Some really strange, weird stuff and just what I like: not predictable, imaginative and mostly down right interesting. Far better than the Arthur C. Clark collection of "one note", predictable, descriptions of imaginary scenery.
Some hit, some miss. This is a hit for me.

ASR Tactical Kevlar Survival Cord Rope (25 feet)
ASR Tactical Kevlar Survival Cord Rope (25 feet)
Offered by Deals Only Web Store
Price: $6.85
4 used & new from $1.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Picture, September 18, 2013
I suppose you can call it cord, but thread would be a more accurate description. If you want 25' of Kevlar thread, this is it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3