Profile for Real Name > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Real Name RSS Feed (los angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Lemonade Cookbook: Southern California Comfort Food from L.A.'s Favorite Modern Cafeteria
by JoAnn Cianciulli
Price: $22.87
62 used & new from $16.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy on the Oil, March 31, 2015
I eat at Lemonade about once a month. Although I love the eclectic choice of vegetables I've always thought all the food is coated with too much oil. Now I see I was right. While it looks healthy, all that oil is a downgrade. Is that much oil is really necessary to taste good? I do love the sugar-free lemonade and I had hoped they would have a recipe in this book. I don't see it listed. Does anyone know if it is in the book?

Cat's Eye
Cat's Eye
by Margaret Atwood
291 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Atwood., February 17, 2015
This review is from: Cat's Eye (Hardcover)
I've read most of Atwood's books. I realize The Handmaidens Tale is important, but Cat's Eye is my favorite Atwood. And in my top 5 books of all time.

The Book of Tofu & Miso
The Book of Tofu & Miso
by William Shurtleff
84 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, February 23, 2014
5 stars solid. Two books combined and my page numbers are perfect so I don't know what that 2 star reviewer is talking about. So much information that I doubt exists anywhere else or will ever exist anywhere else. And on top of the info, beautiful hand-drawn illustrations. Bravo William Shurtleff and Akiko Aoyagi

Three Bowl Cookbook
Three Bowl Cookbook
by David Scott
67 used & new from $0.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Little for vegans, February 9, 2014
This review is from: Three Bowl Cookbook (Hardcover)
I didn't expect a pure vegan book, but was disappointed that most recipes included milk or butter. It does include some vegetable without dairy. And for me too many ingredients in the dishes...I wanted a simple cooking book. The hardback book itself is attractive.

Lowepro LP36423-PWW Flipside Sport 15L AW (Galaxy Blue/Light Grey)
Lowepro LP36423-PWW Flipside Sport 15L AW (Galaxy Blue/Light Grey)
Offered by Murphy's Camera
Price: $117.99
37 used & new from $73.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, January 23, 2014
Carried several lenses, a GH3, & other items on a trip to Ecuador. Really stuffed it and it was still comfortable. Didn't use the flip part, seemed easier to just remove. But I like the security of "on the back" zipper.

Columbia Women's Insect Blocker Hybrid Mesh Jacket, White, Medium
Columbia Women's Insect Blocker Hybrid Mesh Jacket, White, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecuador in October, January 23, 2014
Used this on a trip to the Amazon, cloud forest, and Galapagos in Ecuador in October. It was perfect. I used it everyday.

Fieldbook of the Birds of Ecuador including the Galapagos Islands
Fieldbook of the Birds of Ecuador including the Galapagos Islands
by Miles McMullan

4.0 out of 5 stars Please make an e-book, September 3, 2013
Good book but when will bird field guide writers/publishers start offering e-books so they are TRULY portable field guides. It seems no one is doing this and I don't understand. Please consider it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 8:13 AM PDT

Brunton Macroscope Single Scope
Brunton Macroscope Single Scope
3 used & new from $239.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with glasses. Quick focus., May 4, 2013
Almost better with glasses than without. Quicker focus than binoculars...birds don't get away. Perfect for backyard birding and more. You can see close-up birds and ones farther away as well.

Photographer's Guide to the Sony DSC-RX100
Photographer's Guide to the Sony DSC-RX100
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars needs icon explanations, March 30, 2013
Into a few chapters now. I wish the author had included a page that explains all the many icons that appear on the screen. They appear. They blink. And finding out the meaning takes time. I did find a page from Sony on them, but I wish it were in the book. If he could have at least show these when discussing the item, i.e. when he talks about the wind sound control, he could have shown the wind icon. Occasionally he shows a photo of the screen, but not clear about each icon. Screen icons can frustrate. A single page of icons keys goes a long way for troubleshooting.

Gardman BA04820A Yellow Flip Top Thistle Feeder Mesh Bag, 4" Wide x 12" High
Gardman BA04820A Yellow Flip Top Thistle Feeder Mesh Bag, 4" Wide x 12" High
Price: $9.79
2 used & new from $9.59

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT over 2-feet tall as listed, February 27, 2013
I ordered this and received the product with the same item number listed of Gardman BA04820. The item is only 11 inches in length so if you want a long one don't order this. The one I received was also yellow like the photos, not green, as this listing states. Hopefully Amazon will remove the incorrect listing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4