Profile for DAVID OTOOLE > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DAVID OTOOLE RSS Feed (Chicago)

When The Bough Breaks (The Empire's Corps Book 3)
When The Bough Breaks (The Empire's Corps Book 3)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, August 30, 2014
I don't normally review books but this series has really kept me interested and engaged. It grabs your attention and keeps it. Beware you may find yourself putting things off just to continue reading.

Turing Evolved
Turing Evolved

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as Gibson or any one else in the genre, September 29, 2013
This review is from: Turing Evolved (Kindle Edition)
After a brief foray into other genres (vampires and other supernatural fiction) I returned to my favorite genre with this book. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how easily this book captured my attention and held it throughout the book. I have been reading Sci-Fi/Fantasy in all its forms from Asimov and McCaffery to Drake and Stephenson. I will leave it to others to discuss plot line and flow etc. I will just say in my 45 years of reading I tend to rate a book on how much I enjoyed it as anything else. and all I can say about this one is 3:00am is too late for me to be still awake reading.

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $11.85
981 used & new from $0.01

1,376 of 1,605 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The detractors of this book wanted a fairytale, September 13, 2010
To start I am a 47 year old Veteran.
I have read a lot of the bad reviews for this last book and I see a theme running through them all. They didn't get their fairytale ending and the people they liked didn't end up the way they wanted. Well If you are looking for a fairytale read Harry Potter. If you want a realistic book on how war really is and how people will sacrifice themselves to save their country, then this is for you.
The love triangle between the three main characters resolves itself in the best way that I could see possible. The way each one would react to the horrors of war were obvious from book one. I don't want to include spoilers so Ill just say, read this with an expectation of a realistic portrayal of the characters and how the war would change them. The ending on a personal level, is not necessarily a happy one, but it is a realistic one. From a "Big Picture" perspective I think it was a happy ending. To expect that all of the main characters could live "Happily Ever After" after surviving what happened in all three books is unrealistic.
Comment Comments (88) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2014 6:55 PM PST