Profile for Fred Flintstone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 105

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fred Flintstone RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
EZ Flex Book Light SILVER
EZ Flex Book Light SILVER
Offered by Colonial Medical Assisted Devices
Price: $6.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last, don't bother., August 4, 2014
I bought one of these lights at a local electronic store (not Amazon). It worked fine for several months, about the life of 3 battery changes. After that length of time, the LED bulb got too dim to be usable within a few moment of turning the light on. It is now effectively worthless. Any claims that these LED bulbs last forever are not to be believed. This is just another scam. I'm just sick of buying LED lights that are advertised to last forever, but crap out after a few months of use. I would gladly pay much more for a light that would really last forever.

Finum Brewing Basket, medium , black
Finum Brewing Basket, medium , black
Price: $8.95
10 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy reliable strainer, July 6, 2014
This is a very sturdy reliable strainer. I've used it repeatedly over a period of months. It's easy to wash, and easy to use. I recommend it to anyone who prefers a strainer for their tea.

Under The Dome, Season 2
Under The Dome, Season 2

3.0 out of 5 stars S2:E1 not what it could have been - just a bit too over the top., July 6, 2014
This was written just moments after watching episode 1 of season 2...
(spoiler alert)

The episode has continuity issues. It also managed to kill off one or two people we all really liked in the first episode of S2. The last one, seems to be a shocking end to S2:E1 - unless that was really just some kind of mortal wound, and not just there for shock effect. Please. We don't need Texas Chain Saw Massacre here.

So I'm kind of hoping the Dome brings them back somehow...

Stephen King does a quick cameo, asking for coffee. Nice touch. Pity that he writes books better than directs videos.

One too many times we have seen a series that manages to do itself in, by becoming just a bit too weird, or a bit too discontinuous, or a bit too out there. I'm really hoping Dome doesn't do this to itself. This series had just the right amount of everything when it ended season 1. If it gets too far out into Whackyland in season 2, then expect a quick demise to this series.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2014 3:13 AM PDT

Apple iPod nano 8 GB Blue (6th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod nano 8 GB Blue (6th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by New Open Box
Price: $149.99
31 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a very rugged, useful item, well worth the price, June 15, 2014
People seem to love or hate Apple. I've purchased a handful of i-devices, and I have found them to be well made, sturdy, and designed with lots of thought in mind as to their intended use. There are a lot of things that are thrown together and don't last. Apple iPods are built to last you years. This 6th gen Nano is still going strong, I use it nearly every day at work, and I have very few complaints about it. My son has the newest Nano and his is equally well built.

I think my only complaint would have been about that old style dock connector - and I have mixed feelings about the design change. But on the other hand, the newer lightning connectors seem to be sturdier than the older 30-pin docks, so I guess that was a necessary change. Still, these devices get 5 stars from me. Well done, Apple.

Bodum Replacement Filter Mesh for 4. 6, or 8 Cup French Press
Bodum Replacement Filter Mesh for 4. 6, or 8 Cup French Press
Offered by MJH SALES
Price: $8.99
5 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, June 15, 2014
This is a nice replacement filter for the Bodum french press. It is well made, and lasts a good long while.

Aja
Aja
Price: $4.99
130 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars This is still an epic recording, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Aja (Audio CD)
I think I've purchased this album four times now: first on vinyl, then on high definition vinyl, then on the original CD, and finally on the re-issued CD. It sounds as good as it ever has, especially with modern high definition headphone audio gear. This is a landmark album. Highly recommended.

Blazing Saddles (30th Anniversary Special Edition)
Blazing Saddles (30th Anniversary Special Edition)
DVD ~ Gene Wilder
Price: $4.85
31 used & new from $0.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious but politically incorrect, June 15, 2014
I had watched this movie decades ago, and remember thinking it was funny. That was a really long time ago. I saw the movie for a very low price and decided to buy the DVD. I plugged it in and started watching, and then ... I remembered just how overtly racist this movie was. Well, to be fair, Mel Brooks was making fun of racism, in an era when many people in our society were still learning how not to be racist. But wow, if you were not aware of the history and intent behind this movie, and just saw it playing somewhere, one might be greatly offended by it.

On the other hand, I guess you can view this now 40-year-old movie and realize just how far we have come as a society. It is not funny like it used to be (parts are honestly shocking). But parts of it can still be entertaining, if you remember that this was written to make fun of racist views.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2014 12:20 PM PDT

Rothco Urban Explorer Black Canvas Shoulder Bag
Rothco Urban Explorer Black Canvas Shoulder Bag
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $17.49
16 used & new from $17.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag but out of the package, there's an odd smell, June 15, 2014
This is a very nice bag. It's well constructed, has a ton of pockets, and is perfect for a general purpose bag to cart things around with you. The only really odd thing was, the way it smelled when it came out of the package. I can't quite place the smell, but it was odd. You need to let it air out for a good while, and/or wash it first before using it. Aside from that, it's a nice bag.

Meteora
Meteora
Price: $6.99
157 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better the second time around, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Meteora (Audio CD)
Ok, I'm biased. I began liking Linkin Park around 2007, and Meteora is absolutely their best effort (in my opinion). I bought some of this music from that "other" major music retailer, which came in digital format. Years later I got better audio gear and decided I needed this CD. The loss-less audio on the CD is an improvement over the online download. Clearly, the original recording is not what it could have been (I'm not sure why, but the low end frequencies of this recording are lacking). So if you've got an old online-only version of this album, and want something a bit better, then you must get the CD.

Hybrid Theory
Hybrid Theory
Price: $5.00
352 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have especially if on sale, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Hybrid Theory (Audio CD)
I just re-purchased Meteora and spotted Hybrid Theory on sale for $5 bucks. That's just a no-brainer. Grab this recording before they change their minds and put the price back up where it was!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11