ARRAY(0x9bf1103c)

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

imaidiot RSS Feed

Nikon EN-EL3a Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack for D50, D70, D70s, and D100
3 used & new from $17.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery Never Held a Charge, June 6, 2012
This battery is crap, and never held a charge. Do not buy from this company. I now have to find another battery. I thought it was my charger, so I bought a new charger.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2012 9:03 AM PDT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Teeny Tiny, June 5, 2010
Make sure you pay close attention to the size of this. It is overly expensive for the size. It may be hand carved or whatever, but it is not worth the price. It should be something sold at the dollar store.

The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity
The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity
by WM. Paul Young
Price: $15.00
3217 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Christian book that starts with a lie, so what is in between?, July 31, 2009
First of all, I would like to say that I go to church each week, and this was my first 'Christian' novel. I have never been interested in one so kept my fiction mostly religion free. There was such a big hoobla about this book, so I decided to pick it up. I read the author's introduction, which told what inspired him to write the book; a dear friend told him this, so he put it into words for him. Then you get into the actual novel:

Warning: Spoiler Alert **********

So the guys daughter gets kidnapped, and he finds a shack then meets god. That is pretty much it. If all of the 'god' stuff was taken away you would be left with 30 pages of book. I think the author must have just watched the Adam Sandler Movie 'Click' prior to writing this, because the story is basically the same. Guy goes to shack, passes out, wakes up to god, then in the end wakes up in an empty shack again.

********

I think most people would be better off just picking up a bible than reading this. The book throws out questionable theology and in the end all you are left with is a lie that makes you feel like you bought into one of those pyramid schemes and found out about it. Why do I say it is all a lie?

***Spoiler that everyone should know before reading the book***
The intro to the book goes on for 10 pages about how the author knows the main character in the book, and gives you background into his life. This being a 'Christian' book, I assumed that what is in the main novel would be fiction, but the intro, if the author is talking about a supposed real person, that it would be truthful...boy was I wrong. The character is made up, the one the author spends 10 pages convincing you is real. You go through the book thinking, 'what a nice story', then the afterward tells you that he just made it all up. I felt like I was tricked. You would think a 'Christian' novel wouldn't try to convince you something was real if it wasn't. So once I read this I instantly hated the entire book. If I wouldn't have been led to believe the character was real, I may have liked the book more. Plus, how much cursing needs to be in a 'Christian' novel?
***

From now on I will stick to non-religious fiction novels, and when I want to read about God, I will pick up my Bible.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2009 4:29 PM PDT

The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set
The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set
by Jonathan Stroud
21 used & new from $30.96

1.0 out of 5 stars How is this kids reading?, July 13, 2009
I read these thinking they would be something like the harry potter series, or some fantasy story, but this is straight up devil worship. They get in a friggin star, do a seance, then call demons to do magic for them that come from hell. This was garbage reading, and even if you look past the demons, the story isn't that great as well.

Edit: Say what you will, try to offend me by calling me an idiot, my review stands, I did not like these books. If you think these books are 'the best books ever' then you should read a few more books. This is my opinion and it is my review of the books.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 2:16 PM PST