Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for bfg625 > Reviews

Browse

bfg625's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bfg625 RSS Feed

Kershaw 1985ST RJI Serrated Folding SpeedSafe Knife
Kershaw 1985ST RJI Serrated Folding SpeedSafe Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for someone else, April 17, 2014
There was a colleague who saw mine and wanted one, so I got one for him and he loves it. It is also his first knife (my second out of 7), and mine still looks like new. The biggest complaint I have for this thing is that it is so comfortable for me to hold, when I tried to use it for a dining knife (Dining hall knives suck), I was cutting at a piece of chicken when I friend came up to me and said hi, so I turned around to say hi back when I heard a "clink" turns out that I had cut through a chicken bone about the same thickness of my thumb (it wasn't soft or anything either as I tried to bite it just to see if I was imagining things). The only reason the bite test was intentional as opposed to accidental is because I looked at what made the clinking noise and noticed the bone I just cut through. So, this is indeed a very sharp knife that will last you a while. Though... Fair warning! IT IS MADE IN CHINA, I mention this because I noticed a large number of comments saying about how it isn't made in the US. But, if you don't care for that kind of thing, IT WILL last you a while.

Two Halcyon 1200 mAH Lithium Ion Replacement Battery and Charger Kit for Nikon EN-EL19 and Nikon Coolpix S100, S3100, S4100
Offered by eBuyKing
Price: $16.82
3 used & new from $16.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries... THEY WORK!!!, April 17, 2014
These work and are good for the money. They are supposed to last a little longer than the stock batteries, but I have not had these long enough to confirm this. They fit the camera well and don't look terrible (if you get these for looks, you're wrong). I haven't had these long enough to back how long they will last, but as of now, I am running off of the same battery from a month ago. I used it to do a half hour's worth of recording every week for the time I've owned it. As for the charger, just look at the battery and match the strips to the pieces of metal sticking out of the charger (I wrote/typed that because I saw many reviews/comments that said how confusing it was and that it needed instructions). Only real gripe is how the charger has a "bay" a little too big for the battery, but seeing as to how this is supposed to charge many different batteries, it is merely nit-picking.

IMAGE® Professional Digital Turntable Stylus Force Scale Gauge High Precise Jewellery Scale 0.01 g
Offered by My Needle Store USA
Price: $34.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, unless you have a older turntable/record player, November 20, 2013
The scale is great, though it maxes out at five grams. So if you have a older style turntable (that has a heavier tracking weight) then you might not be able to use this for getting the amount of pressure it is putting down since it exceeds five grams. Also puts decimals out to 2 places for grams, 3 for oz (max .180), 3 for ozt (max .160), 4 for TL (max .1335), and 2 for ct (max 25.45). So it is good for other things besides measuring the tracking pressure of a turntable (record player).

Chromo Inc.® Android 4.0 4GB 1.2GHz 1GB DDR3 Ram 4GB Rom1080p HDMI Output 3D Games WiFi Front Camera 10.1" Super Slim Tablet PC MID 1050

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected for price., January 13, 2013
So, I had been looking around for a while now and wanted something that looked similar to an iPad but with a ethernet port because hotels in other countries don't offer wifi. (This was a present for my mom and she travels quite a bit) I looked everywhere and I felt like everytime I waited for about a day, the item I wanted would go out of stock.

I finally settled on this one, although I had originally wanted
(they went out of stock and I kinda needed this ASAP)

When I bought mine, it didn't have any reviews, although in the middle of the shipping process, a one star review popped up. Naturally, I was worried to death. Would it be like that for me? Would I have to return it?

The shipping arrived a day late, but that was ok. The seller did send it off within a day as promised, although the post office kept my package in Brooklyn, NY for quite the while.

First thing I want to say is that the button with the square inside actually sticks out, and doesn't naturally sink in like with the iPad.
NOTE: The button doesn't take you to the home screen like with the iPad, it just goes back so it actually only has the same function as the back button on the bottom left control panel.

Second thing is that it looks pretty nice. The design is pretty sleek and the battery life is pretty bad. The light that indicates that it was done charging stayed the same color the whole time so that was a big downer.

For sturdiness, the was a little problem with the screen. It's not really glass. It's more of a plastic and it was popping out a bit. I just popped it right back in and there wasn't a problem after that.

The touchscreen is not that great and often scrolls way too little or way too much when browsing. You have to press a little harder than normal to get a nice control of it but even then...

As far as speed, it's slow but you can't compare it with the iPad as it was less than half the price.

I returned it in the end because my mother thought it was a bit too slow but the charging light was the game changer. Extra star for quick and nice service.

Honestly, it isn't too bad for $150. A lot of the tablets out there are at least $250 with this screen size. This also runs Google Playstore so that's definitely a big plus.

iGadgitz Dual Tone Red Durable Crystal gel Skin (Thermoplastic Polyurethane TPU) Case Cover for HTC Explorer Android Smartphone Cell Phone + Screen Protector

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, durable case. Lock button hard to push though., July 25, 2012
Got this case for my HTC Explorer... Fit well, although it is a little big of a hassle to put on, but no big deal.

Overall, it's a pretty good case, but I have two complaints.
1) The case itself is a different shade than in the picture. It's more a bright cherry red, not the darker red you see in the picture. I am okay with any shade of red, but be warned!
2) Another thing is that with the case, it is extremely hard to push the lock/unlock button in the top right hand corner. I have dealt with this is digging my fingernail into the button. My dad has the same phone as me and he finds it a bit difficult...

$7 for a case and a screen protector isn't too bad... 3 1/2 stars overall.
BUT BE WARNED ABOUT THE BUTTON!

Juggling Balls - Small - With Instructions
Juggling Balls - Small - With Instructions
Offered by Monkey Outpost
Price: $4.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for $4!!!, July 25, 2012
I read a couple of the reviews saying that these are relatively small... I thought, "Oh, perfect for my small hands!" Although when I received them, them seemed pretty big to me. Not overly big, just average I guess. Bigger than I expected, but I'm still able to juggle perfectly fine with them.

I am a beginner so I have been tossing, throwing, and dropping these a lot in these past couple of days so I can say they're pretty durable. They've even been sat on a couple of times.

The only thing I have to complain about is the weird odor they come with. When you first use them, the stench sticks on your hands, although it comes off easily with soap and water. After few days, you can hardly smell it on the balls, and it doesn't leave a trace on your hands.

Overall, very satisfied with the fast shipping and extremely cheap prices.

Where's the Remote? Key Finder, Wireless Keyfinder RF Transmitter item, Locator, Wallet, Pet, Cell phone
Offered by Where's the Remote?
Price: $23.95
3 used & new from $12.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase I ever made!!! AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!, May 13, 2012
This thing is awesome. Being a blondie, I didn't even notice that it was called, "Where's the Remote" because I was only going to use this for my keys. I have two sets of keys so I wanted to use it one each. However, this comes with one for your keys and one for your remote. I didn't even realize it until it came even though it showed in the picture and in the description. I know. Not very smart.

HOWEVER, I contacted their customer service via email and she actually called me. In person. Just to see if I still needed assistance. I've never had that happen. She even offered to send me a new black receiver for my keys since the blue one is already for keys. FOR FREE!

I don't think I've ever been happier with a product. The product works perfectly, although it took me a little while to take off the battery cover for the blue one. The only thing with that is that the company sent me an email describing how to take it off and I never got it. Just take a small paper clip and stick it in to pry it off. Make sure you're trying to take off the part that doesn't have the logo on it though. It should pop off pretty easily.

Also, another great thing is that you get extra batteries! It also batteries inside, hence the "extra".

Would MOST DEFINITELY buy from the seller again.

Polaroid Floating Wrist Strap Red for Underwater Waterproof Cameras/ Camcorders Housings
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $6.99
6 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product..., December 19, 2011
Well I bought this from Video Camera Center and it got here pretty fast. When I got it, I opened it up and it was a little defected. The buoyancy of the floating part, the red, it pretty good... But my strap was separated from it. You could easily see this in the water and I immediately contacted customer service and they sent me a new one. I didn't even have to send back the old one! Also- for anyone as blond as me, you take the loop part and put that in, and you can detach the little stubby part you see at the immediate end of the loop. One other thing- I gave this to my teen and she's a little skinny so even when the adjuster part is at the very closest to the red- it is still a little bit loose. Then again, that's not it's real main purpose. Anyways, worth it for only $7. Thank you!

Olympus  TG-310  Tough 14 MP Digital Camera , 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom (28mm), 2.7" LCD (Red) (Old Model)
Olympus TG-310 Tough 14 MP Digital Camera , 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom (28mm), 2.7" LCD (Red) (Old Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the price, December 14, 2011
This is a great camera! I tested it out and it works underwater. I just got this but all of the modes and stuff make up for the picture quality. Although the picture quality is OK(around 10-ish megapixels if you ask me) it's enough for it's original purpose, to go underwater(take abuse, etc.) and still be able to take pictures. I am bringing this awesome little camera to the cruise in which I am going on in a few weeks and I know all of my friends will be jealous. The great part about this camera is that the charger works on USB so I can charge it with my phone, and my iPod Touch(I bought adapters for all of these). The video is OK, and the pictures are pretty good. The flash is nice and bright and all of the settings(ISO and exposure and more)certainly help. Although it's not the best camera in the world and doesn't take the best pictures or videos in the world they are still good enough to crop and print out for a nice clear picture and this is SO WORTH it for the price considering some of the "better cameras" are over $250. The buttons are OK because most of them click so you know you've pushed them and they are all pretty responsive. I WAS a LITTLE worried about the zoom because those don't click but they are still very responsive. NOTE: They work a little better on mine if you push a little toward the middle of the zoom panel.
Also, the zoom is only 3.6X but that is enough for me because I will pretty much only be using this is for it's main purpose, the take pictures underwater. The screen size is pretty good, considering it is such a minute camera.
Overall, great camera for the price as I have said a few times already in this review. Hope this helped future buyers out there.
Thanks for your time,
Jasmine

Cbus Wireless Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors / Films for Apple iPod Touch 4 / 4G / 4th Gen
Offered by Digital4All (Ships from USA)
Price: $2.95
2 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Greaet Deal. Super fast shipping!!!, September 8, 2011
These work great! The holes don't exactly line up perfect but they work just fine for me. They even came a day early in an envelope which I'm fine with since they're so small. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 1 cloth. They work great with my new case because one I put one on, I just snap the case right over it and no corners come up and their are hardly any bubbles. At first when you put it on it may have a couple big ones but you can smoothen then out really easy. Overall, it's totally worth it since they are so cheap. Would buy again. :D