Profile for L. J. Anderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. J. Anderson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Star Trek: The Original Series: The More Things Change
Star Trek: The Original Series: The More Things Change
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Change - Review of The More Things Change, June 29, 2014
Read this in less than a day and enjoyed it immensely. It's a nice change to read a pro story where the main character is not Kirk, Spock, or McCoy, and a story where Chapel is not pining after Spock. Good job, Scott!

Star Trek: The Original Series: No Time Like the Past
Star Trek: The Original Series: No Time Like the Past
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Had a hard time putting this down...., February 27, 2014
I bought this book on February 25, and had it finished in a couple of days. Only reason that I didn't finish it sooner was because I had to go to work, sleep, etc. :-)

Crossovers can sometimes feel forced. This one felt very natural to me -- the mark of good writing!

Northern Soul - A Jack Stone Thriller (Jack Stone Thrillers Book 3)
Northern Soul - A Jack Stone Thriller (Jack Stone Thrillers Book 3)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, January 23, 2014
I also received the book free -- but I truly enjoyed it. Sometimes, with mysteries and thrillers, I could see the ending coming long before it comes, but not in this case! Highly recommended.

Lovely Shadows
Lovely Shadows

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing!, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Lovely Shadows (Kindle Edition)
She was profiled in my hometown newspaper, so I thought I would try her book. It's very intriguing and a great read!

Star Trek: The Complete Unauthorized History
Star Trek: The Complete Unauthorized History
by Robert Greenberger
Price: $27.09
71 used & new from $9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Star Trek Fan, November 17, 2012
I knew that this book was coming for a long time and could hardly wait for it to come out. And my wait was quite worth it. Star Trek: The Complete Unauthorized History was fascinating (pun not intended) for the average Trek fan like me. While I had already heard some of the stories, there were plenty more that I had never heard, and confirmed what I had suspected: Mr. Roddenberry was a man with a great idea, but he also had his down side and was hard to deal with, especially if your idea ran counter to his.

And I loved the pictures -- I had never dreamed that there were so many different toys and other collectables. I wished I had collected some of those when I was a kid.

Recommended for the Trek fans and anyone who wants to know about show business and the story of a franchise.

Legend of the Beemen
Legend of the Beemen
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, August 8, 2012
I can't add anything to the reviews already posted -- except that the story was too short! I do agree I would've liked to have seen the story started a little earlier in the charactor's history.

The Traitor's Heir (Traitor's Moon)
The Traitor's Heir (Traitor's Moon)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, June 3, 2012
Traitor's Heir (Traitor's Moon) is a great read. I hope the next book will be released soon! I recommend this book.

Mind Secrets (An Urban Fantasy Novel)
Mind Secrets (An Urban Fantasy Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, May 19, 2012
A young man wakes up in a non-descript white hall, not even knowing his own name, only that he needs to run and get away from this strange place. He's soon on the run and homeless, until he finds teens with secrets of their own, which, in turn, allows him to learn his own frightening heritage.

"Mind Secrets" starts off strong and doesn't let up. Recommended.

Aztlan: The Last Sun
Aztlan: The Last Sun
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Alternate History, April 7, 2012
Aztlan is an intriguing look at an alternate history of the Americas. In some ways, the America of Atztlan is very familiar, but just when I got comfortable with the idea, events happened to highlight that Maxtla Colhua lives in a very different world than ours. A very good story from a master story-teller!

The Thirteenth Sacrifice: A Witch Hunt Novel
The Thirteenth Sacrifice: A Witch Hunt Novel
by Debbie Viguié
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me stay up until midnight!, April 6, 2012
I can't add much to the previous reviews, but it's been a long time since I've stayed up until midnight reading a book. It's a page turner with a great twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2