Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Reviewer Guy > Reviews

Browse

Reviewer Guy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviewer Guy RSS Feed

Tetherball
Tetherball
DVD ~ Ron Jeremy
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Low Budget Film!!!, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Tetherball (DVD)
Art is a very subjective thing, but I also like movies that make good on their promises. This film features a great story (well great for a booze and boobs comedy!), I personally love underdog stories, and they definitely pulled this one off.

Forewarning before buying this... if you don't like Low-Budget Films, then this movie won't be for you. But if you do like low budget films... then you are in for a treat!

Ron Jeremy quite possibly had his best NON-ADULT performance in this film... I always hate films where the Homosexual Character plays it OVERLY FLAMBOYANT, Ron played it very cool, calm, and CREEPY. You couldn't ask for a better villain.

Dustin Diamond has about 8-10 minutes of screen time in the movie. He plays the "Down-on-his-luck" Trainer in this film... and I must say, KUDOS. I don't want to give too much away, but he STILL HAS IT. Very funny performance, in a way that most people aren't used to seeing him.

Last but not least, I enjoyed the acting from the four lead characters in the film. They had perfect chemistry and pulled off the Juvenile Jokes with CLASS... I can definitely see them being in bigger films down the road, as they reminded me of a young Broken Lizard.

Overall, if you like scantily clad ladies, Nut Slapping Humor, reminiscent memories of playing Tetherball... then you are going to want to see this film!

The Black Dahlia (Widescreen Edition)
The Black Dahlia (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Josh Hartnett
Price: $9.35
258 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A Well Created/Beautifully Shot "MISS", December 31, 2011
So, I have been reading up on the Black Dahlia... I'm 23 years old and until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of what had happened to Elizabeth Short. I've been watching all of the documentaries and reading a lot of the literature. I just read "The Black Dahlia" (the book written by James Ellroy) and I have to say, that the book is wonderful, but it wasn't the right version of the Elizabeth Short Theory to be translated into a film. And also... the Black Dahlia is more of a back drop to the story as opposed to the MAIN STORY. It would be like Christopher Nolan making a Batman Movie... and focusing a majority of the film about ALFRED.

Aside from the story not being upto par with the information about the Black Dahlia... with what they did with the movie... THEY HIT THE MARK. Josh Hartnett and Aaron Eckert both gave some of their BEST PERFORMANCES in this film. The set design and photography were Academy Award Worthy (in fact despite the fact that this film was an F+ Failure, it was nominated for an Academy Award).

If you have no interest in the Black Dahlia Case and just like Time Period Films, then I would highly recommend this film... on the other hand if you know everything there is to know about Elizabeth Short and know that the only two plausible killer's are either "George Hodel" or "Walter Bailey"... then you might wanna watch this for the cinematography.

I WILL SAY, that if it wasn't for the lack of authenticity... I would have given this film 5 stars NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2012 2:31 PM PDT

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: The Closed Guard (Book of Knowledge)
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: The Closed Guard (Book of Knowledge)
by Erich Krauss
55 used & new from $30.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A Whole New World..., October 2, 2011
So, I can honestly say that I have a great BJJ Instructor who has done a great job at teaching me the basics... but while I was reading this book, I felt as though I was learning a NEW VERSION of the closed guard. The amount of detail that goes into each technique is insane!!! Each technique is presented step by step, with full colored pictures. Whether you are a newb or a seasoned grappler, you NEED to get this book to refine your game.

Produce Your Own Damn Movie! (Your Own Damn Film School {Series})
Produce Your Own Damn Movie! (Your Own Damn Film School {Series})
by Lloyd Kaufman
Price: $19.95
30 used & new from $9.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE..., February 19, 2011
As someone who has PRODUCED HIS OWN DAMN MOVIE... You will not find any words truer about film producing, then the words that Lloyd Kaufman brings you in this book. On top of being informative, without sugar coating anything, it is quite possibly one of the funniest books that I have ever read. Whether you're a veteran producer or if you have never been on a set, YOU WILL GET SOMETHING OUT OF THIS BOOK.

Behind the Bell
Behind the Bell
by Dustin Diamond
56 used & new from $0.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Bad Read, January 26, 2011
This review is from: Behind the Bell (Hardcover)
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dustin on the set of a movie. When I met him, he was actually a really cool guy that was very polite to everyone in the cast/crew. I wasn't a major "Saved by the Bell" fan, but I did watch the series whenever there wasn't anything else on, someone from the crew however was a die hard fan, and started asking Dustin random SBTB questions, but Dustin just simply said (politely), "Read the book." It's been about four months since we've been on set, so I was browsing around Amazon and I came across the book for $1.98 and I figured WHY NOT.

First off, before I say anything else, THIS BOOK IS FOR THE EVERYMAN NOT THE GRAMMER NAZI. You do not need a Masters Degree in English to see that this book obviously didn't have an Editor... where most people are turned off by this book, I feel kind of like I'm reading something written by a REAL PERSON...

The book is very informative, you get to hear a lot of untold stories about behind the scenes, it gives you a lot of information as to the work that really goes into creating a 30 minute TV SHOW, and THERE IS SOME TRASH TALK, but I didn't find it nearly as offensive as some of the other reviewers.

Another this is, you get to learn the human side of Dustin Diamond (AKA Samuel "Screech" Powers), stories about him driving an hour and a half from Orange County to Los Angeles, stories of the other cast members being mean to him, and stories of SLEAZY "FRIENDS" and one very interesting story about a near FATAL ENCOUNTER WITH A STALKER.

DISAPPOINTING SPOILERS-

Zach and Screech weren't really friends :(

A lot of this book is speculation... educated speculation as in (it's more then likely true, but a lot of things are left to the imagination.)

The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook
The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook
by Mark Steven Bosko
Price: $31.24
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, January 23, 2011
As an independent film maker, I have read through dozens of books pertaining to film marketing/distribution, and this one ranks in the top 3. This book REALISTICALLY guides you through the endeavors of marketing while in the world of independent films. Through the book it teaches you how to find a distributor and the best ways to pitch your film to them and it also shows you how to distribute the film yourself. What I like most that in the back of the book it features a list of INDEPENDENT FILM FRIENDLY distribution companies that you can contact after reading the book.

ONLY DOWNSIDE OF THE BOOK, its about 10 years old and still mentions VHS and mentions the internet as a NEW MEDIA... don't let that discourage you from getting it, it will still give you a wealth of information.