Profile for Vynny > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 906

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vynny "Vynrod" RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TP-LINK TL-WR842ND N300 Multi-function Wireless Router, 2.4GHz, 802.11n/g/b, 1 USB port, 2 detachable antennas, VPN, 4 SSIDs
Price: $27.74
32 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, December 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're looking at this item then you're probably in the market for a router with fairly barebones features and most likely thinking about the super low price.

And yes, this is a low-cost device that omits functionality such as 5Ghz dual band or AC protocols but it performs admirably regardless. Set up is done in seconds without the need to physically connect up to your computer and if you've never set up a wireless router before then you'll have no problem here. One of the pluses of limited features is increased simplicity I guess.

The dual antennas offer a nice spread of signal reach and assuming your house is around 2000 square feet then you should find internet access all around the household.

Simple to set up, this is a perfectly fine well-made option for those looking for the basics at a great price. TP-Link is fast becoming one of my favorite router and USB dongle brands due their quality products.

Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter, 12-Inch
Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter, 12-Inch
Price: $399.99
4 used & new from $399.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beast of scrap booking machine, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay let's have some honesty out of the gate - I'm unfamiliar with digital cutters and so my perspective is one new to the game. I did have the great help of my better half who has owned a Cricut in the past and so not only helped me weave my way through the set up but also offered insight into whether this machine is worth the premium price-point it comes at.

And I'll start with a sum up - this tank-like cutter is fantastic! I had to make room for it as you need a good amount of workspace around it beyond its own footprint and then I installed the software and aligned it and so on (well my helper did that part but it didn't look complicated). The software is similar to crude photoshop and allows for spline-based drawing and making a silhouette was easy as pie.,you get thousands of preset graphics and there's many more on the web. You won't be short on content that's for sure.

The first time I cut a stencil out I felt like a scrap booking god! It's so simple and the machine works just like an old XY plotter. The act of actually making a creation is super simple once your set up ducks are in a row and apparently this LED beast not only looks so much cooler than the Cricut it was quieter and somewhat quicker too.

Within minutes we were producing what I consider commercial quality stencils, stickers etc and I could totally see a mom n pop business being able to make money by selling the finished products. A roll of five foot by 12, perfect for this machine, is about $9 - if you were making stickers for a football team or similar you would make that back with a couple of sales.

Of course this machine does so much more including rhinestone templates apparently. I honestly haven't gotten into the full use of the machine but am loving playing with it. Imagine a giant hairy biker getting excited over such things - when you see that then you know it's a good system!

Although this apparently is a little more pricey than an equivalent Cricut I have been informed it is very much superior. The build quality is top notch, set up was easy (although I think it helps if you used this sort if machine before) and the results speak for themselves. If you're shopping for one of these then THIS is the one you should buy.

I cannot recommend this digital cutter highly enough - five digitally cut out stars!

Mondaynoon" Elegant Lady" Swarovski Elements Women's Rope Bangle Crystal Bracelet (Colorful Blue)
Offered by Mondaynoon
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bracelet, December 19, 2014
I was sent a couple of items from the makers of this jewelry in return for honest reviews and I have been amazed by both.

I was expecting something cheap because well it IS cheap! But really I should be saying its inexpensive because it looks like it cost much more than it did. The green/blue stone glimmers and the strap/loop combo adds some flair and exotic flavor. It's dainty but not small and should fit any woman's wrist and is very well made.

Does it scream expensive? Does it look precious? No. But it does look gorgeous and it's something you can give a loved one without spending the earth. Give it to your young daughter and not worry too much if she loses it.

Amazing looking item, insanely low price. Comes in a presentation box with felt pouch too. Recommended - five stars.

Mondaynoon Swarovski Elements Crystal Pendant Necklace for Women forever love (white + gold)
Offered by Mondaynoon
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks belie the price, December 19, 2014
I was offered this little item by the makers in return for an honest review and frankly I wasn't expecting much just going by the low price point currently. Of course I would take into account the fact that it's inexpensive but even then if I'm to be honest I have to report my findings and if it looked bad or cruddy I would say so.

And well - this is a really nice little pendant. It doesn't look cheap, certainly looks more expensive than the amazon price and anyone would be glad to receive this as a stocking stuffer this Christmas.

Sure it's not "real" in the sense that it's not precious metal and possibly in time it will show signs of wear thus giving away the metallurgic content. But for the price it's a steal and one I'm frankly amazed and thrilled with. I gave it to my better half for her birthday and she loved it.

So if you want to give a little jeweled heart pendant and you don't want to spend the earth then this is it - a five star item.

Artaste 59069 Hand-Hammered Finish Chef's Knife Set, 6.5-Inch and 8-Inch
Artaste 59069 Hand-Hammered Finish Chef's Knife Set, 6.5-Inch and 8-Inch
Offered by New Star Foodservice Inc
Price: $45.95
4 used & new from $43.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice knives!, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I see the reviews for these knives offer a mixed bag of responses with seemingly those used to high-end culinary knives marking them down a bit more than the layman.

Well I'm definitely a layman but know good knives when I see then and that these are. Single chunks of carbon stainless steel offer no hassle cleaning and the design is very eye-catching. Also pleasing is the sort of insane over the top packaging -a see through brief case with cut out foam makes this a great presentation gift that gives a great out of the box experience.

So yes I don't really now if these cut the muster so to speak over more expensive premium ones, but I think they look awesome, are priced right and do exactly what they say for a realtively low cost.

Whether you're treating yourself this holiday season or getting them as a present I think you'll be happy with he packaging and the contents. Five sharp pointy stars.

Incipio Journal Cover for Kindle Voyage, Black
Incipio Journal Cover for Kindle Voyage, Black
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $26.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Protection but little else., December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Amazon has a range of products called "Amazon Basics" and these can be anything from USB cables to power supplies and more. Two things of note about Amazon Basics line of products - one, they work really well and two, they're insanely cheap.

Whilst this case isn't part of their cheapo Basics line it still fails at both points above. Don't get me wrong - this is a nice cover with a solid feel and offers genuine protection with slightly bulky stylish looks. But the auto wake has not been manufactured in the case and it's just too darn pricey at the time of writing.

I like the firmness which the case grips the Voyage and although it adds heft it's not Otterbox levels of tank-like over engineered protection. I've no doubt this would stop a damaging fall and also protect your reader in a bag or purse.

I just can't get past the wake up/sleep omission and the lofty price. This isn't leather but comes with a leather sticker shock. 40% cheaper and this would get five stars. As it stands just three I'm afraid.

Petrainer 330 Yards Remote 4 in 1 LCD Rechargeable and Waterproof Pet Dog Training Collar with 100lvs Shock and Vibration for 2 Dogs
Offered by IPets
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, safe, December 10, 2014
I was sent the Petrainer 330 by the manufacturer in return for an honest review. I get sent many items and so this one went into my stuff-to-review queue and I intended to get it forthwith time permitting. I wish I had tried a few days earlier instead of putting it off in favor of other products.

You see we had a smallish bulldog that would get out accidentally and go hunting in the acres of woods behind us. I was always worried he would get caught in the many traps the farmers have back there or hit by a car. We don't have a fence on this property as it's a farmhouse and not really conducive to having one. So when he escaped it was always a worry but he'd inevitably come back when his tummy rumbled. Sadly the last time he got out would be last time I'd see him alive. Yes he was hit by a car.

After grieving and feeling extremely guilty (still am) I had the opportunity of a rescue which I couldn't turn down and so upon having the new chap the very first thing we did was to put the Petrainer on him and we went out. He's youngish and everything is new an exciting so everything needs exploring and "marking". But there's a limit to where he can go and I wanted ingrain that in his little doggy brain. And when shouts of 'no' and 'come' failed I set off the vibration using the remote. It definitely rattled him and after a few days of instruction and the occasional vibration he seemed to be getting the message.

Naturally I kind of knew that the first time he'd see a critter he'd be off. It's in his nature and to be expected and anticipated. I actually wanted it to happen in a sort of controlled environment so went out with him a lot - we had already staked a basic perimeter in his excitable noggin and so I waited to see what he would do. Well upon eyeballing a small groundhog (I think that's what it was - it was out of there before I got a good look) he went running. I shouted to no avail, then when he crossed the boundary I hit vibrate and again he was still a blur. So I shocked him.

He stopped dead in his tracks, no yelping or apparent distress just confused and still looking around. I shouted to come and he did.

I'm happy to report that I've only shocked him one other time and now confidently let him out with minimal supervision. In time I think he will be able to go out without anyone present.

The Petrainer is waterproof and totally works 100% offering a relatively pain free safe training system. I'm not a fan of using such devices usually, but given my recent experience and knowing the potential outcome I think this a great and effective alternative to invisible fences or indeed real fences. The product is excellent value for money and is well made and simple to use.

So if you have a pet that just gets out then do look into this item. I feel terrible over what happened to me and wished I'd looked into it myself earlier.

Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Offered by MP4NATION
Price: $19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brainwavz, December 9, 2014
Brainwavz supply some of the best headphones around at an unheard of low price and so it's nice to have a stand to hang them when not in use. So when the manufacturer asked if I would like to try their Zirconia crystal clear stand in return for an honest review I jumped at it.

The design is surprisingly prosaic and dare I say uneventful but that's its charm I think. It's heavier than I was expecting and due to the small base I thought would topple over easily. Happy to report that's not the case and due in part to its simplistic design your phones sit proudly and safely on top of a stand that looks the business without being too over the top.

Whether you own Brainwavz headphones or not this is aesthetically and functionally superb and comes in at a great price. Show off your awesome cans with is great stand.

Brainwavz ProAlpha In-Ear Headphones
Brainwavz ProAlpha In-Ear Headphones
Offered by MP4NATION
Price: $44.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Boooom bbbbassss!, December 9, 2014
Brainwavz have been kind enough to supply me with several of their in-ear headphones in return for my honest opinion and here we have the ProAlphas.

I think Brainwavz got it right when they say these lean heavy on the bass as they do, but that doesn't mean their dynamic range is limited. From bass through treble we have a great set of comfortable ear cans and the sound that they output is incredible, so much so that sometimes you forget you're wearing tiny speakers in your ear and instead feel transformed into the music space beyond.

Personally I enjoy watching movies on my iPad and using these for stereo sound. They are so perfect for action based films as each explosion, gun shot and revving engine comes through like you're in an IMAX theater.

They come with the usual Brainwavz staple extras - several sizes of ear buds, hard carry case, shirt clip, tangle free cables etc. and they're good for just about any audio but they especially rock the house when used with bassy sounds be it hard rock music or the latest Transformers movie.

If you're still using the ones that came with your ipod/iPhone or droid phone then drop what you're doing and order these right now. You don't know what you're missing as these blow OEM earbuds out of the water. Great headphones.

Far Cry 4 - Xbox 360
Far Cry 4 - Xbox 360
Offered by M-X-C Tech
Price: $54.99
36 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Honey badger!!, December 8, 2014
This review is from: Far Cry 4 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I've been a fan of the Far Cry series since the days of malaria and never ending spawning checkpoints and if you too remember those days and even liked them then you'll absolutely love Far Cry 4.

I'm almost going to go as far as to say that this is very nearly a perfect game of its genre. Free roaming in FC is an absolute joy, levelling up is complicated but logical, story missions compliment the locale and are varied and the balance between difficulty and fun is superbly well done.

FC game staples are still in place; radio towers, fortresses, checkpoint Charlies, loot chests, secret caves but all have been improved way beyond my expectations. Every element from the animals to the weapons has a purpose. Need bait? Kill an animal and get some meat... But its skin can also be crafted into a bigger wallet. Now use that bait to attract more animals to stealthily kill or distract enemies then loot the enemies of cash to put in your larger wallet and then buy better weapons which makes killing animals easier. It's an insanely complex loop but oh so simple. You never feel like you're stuck or it's too hard. The designers have crafted an insane sandbox, one where you can enjoy the elements of the game without frustration. The landscape is used to aid the player, not hinder it. When you approach a town where you have to deal with the various bad guys there's almost always a vantage point so you can scope out the area and plan your attack. Then you can go in as you choose - loud and proud or silent but deadly.

There's so much to do I can't fit it in this review. To get 100% in this game would take a minimum of fifty hours I would say, maybe longer. The story is lengthy but not tedious, the missions (whether main story or side missions) are mostly brilliant and I just love it.

Sure there's a couple of small issues - the Shangri La sections and the acid trip missions with the stoners up at your camp are terribly annoying and pointless, and I didn't like the multiple choice given for missions (choose one side or another) as it's unlikely I'd ever start the game over again to see what the choices affected. But really I'm looking for something to complain about. And with FC 4 it's tough to find anything concrete.

This game is the Asian Skyrim and that's the highest honor I can give it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20