Profile for Vynny > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 972

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vynny "Vynrod" RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Offered by Girly Giggles Toy Shop LLC
Price: $64.00
6 used & new from $47.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tick tick ping!, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very compact was my first thought upon opening this toaster oven... Old school retro was my second.

And that's what you get here - a fairly no frills toaster oven which, whilst it works well, is not going to replace your actual oven for most cooking purposes. What it does do is broil, bake and heat smaller foods like toast, bagels and very small pizzas extremely effectively. I mention the small pizzas aspect because whilst this unit boasts accommodating a 9" pizza (which is in itself already small) it's really stretching that claim. An 8" or less, or one of those French bread pizzas cut into two would be more realistic.

Controls are simple - temp, type and duration and it uses the very mechanical tick tick ping dial which reminded me of my first microwave. No complex electronics here just functional rheostats and that's in reality no bad thing.

The core heating element I believe is a continuous loop on both top and bottom and so baking is fairly uniform but depending on the food, whether it's frozen and its size you may need to manually rotate it occasionally. I've tried cheesy French bread toast, bagels and so on and have been more than pleased with the result.

As I said, it's not going to replace your stove, it's not even going to replace your toaster. But if you fancy anything grilled quickly with a bit of browning on top then this is a great choice. I do wish it was a little bigger but that's a small complaint. Looks good, very ease to clean, small in size, actually works and at the time of writing is priced well - can't go wrong.

Bolse® 5W Portable Mini Bluetooth v4.0 Wireless Speaker (One Large 45MM 5W Driver), 10 Hour Playtime, Home Speakers, Wireless Cell Phone Car Speakerphones, Computer Speakers, For iPhone, iPad, Tablet, PC, Smartphones
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, September 26, 2014
I've been sent several Bluetooth speakers for an unbiased opinion over the last year or so and most of them get relegated to my unused electronics drawer after testing them out. This one, supplied to me for review by Bolse, however has become my new favorite and one I'll be using again and again.

Everything from the sleek design to the ease of pairing down to the fantastic sound says this device is a cut above the rest. After unpacking you'll find a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable for direct input, a USB recharging cable and the speaker itself which is about the size of a large whiskey glass. It's very very glossy and the gleaming metal feels cold on your hands which frankly brings me to my only complaint and that it gets covered in my greasy fingerprints in seconds. Small petty complaint but hey I have to be honest. It has a weight too - flimsy this is not. There's an on/off slider switch underneath along with forward, rewind and play also on the bottom of the unit presumably put there to keep the simplicity of the look. Invariably you'll be using your phone or tablet to control the music choice but it's nice to have manual control on the speaker too. On the front is a bright blue led indicating connection or incoming call etc.

After pairing with my ipad, which required no passwords or hassle I was immediately listening to stunning sounds from YouTube. But the test came with the music player and some of my more rocking tunes and I'm happy to report it sounded amazing. I don't mean it sounded amazing coming from such a small speaker, I mean it simply sounded great and had a loudness that totally takes you by surprise. No distortion even at full whack and the controls underneath worked with both apple music player and amazon's player.

Everything about this little thing works- it looks great, sounds amazing and set up was hassle free. Five star sounds from a five star product.

BELL 22-1-70310-9 Gray Foose Boulevard Seat Cover - Pair
BELL 22-1-70310-9 Gray Foose Boulevard Seat Cover - Pair
Price: $20.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh, not good at all, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Radically unimpressed with this set. The product picture implied to me a sturdy strong material that would emulate an expensive seat when installed. The reality is it's thin see-through nylon with a felt like center. I tried to put it on the seats of my Chrysler 300 but due to several factors - the seat belt position, the seat controls etc - it just didn't fit well.

After wrangling it on as best I could it looked exactly as you might imagine it would; cheap and tacky. I realize the current price on amazon may change by the time you read my review and perhaps at a much lower cost I would be more forgiving, but at three figures I expected more from the Foose name and received much, much less.

If you have a terribly damaged seat that has no controls then at a push this may cover it. But my advice is to seek a different solution because this isn't it.

Epson WorkForce WF-2650 All-In-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Price: $116.77

4.0 out of 5 stars All-in-one hole in one!, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received the Epson WF 2650 from Amazon Vine and it's probably the fourth printer I've had from them and about the seventh Epson I own. Now my personal favorite is the Epson Artisan 810; this is by far the best Epson I have used and does everything extremely well from its automated disc printing tray to its amazing color touch screen.

Of course there's a lot of functionality there that you may not need. Editing pictures on the printer before print out, printing on blank DVD/CD discs and a variety of other features that the 2650 leaves out. The biggest loss is a nice color touchscreen - this has a basic monochrome LCD that's completely functional but totally underwhelming. Worth noting that the 2660 has identical feature set of this printer with the added bonus of Ethernet, NFC and a nice color screen.

Is that worth the extra cash? I don't think so. NFC printing is only useful if your device has NFC which your PC won't have and probably neither will your laptop. Your phone might but then you may as well use wifi printing which, on this printer and ever other epson I've tried, works 100% once set up. Ethernet may be important if you're running a VPN I guess.

So Epson have stripped out features that some may say are unnecessary and what you're left with is a hardcore all-in-one that does the basics and does it extremely well.

Set up was a breeze and since I already have EpsonPrint on my ipad I was printing wirelessly in minutes. This particular printer claims laser quality prints and speeds, and that's fair on the quality although it's tough to beat the speed of a high end laser printer. You will not be disappointed by the quality here regardless of speed though - it's of the highest and I can understand Epson's boasting.

Of course it has a fax and scanner as well as double sided printing and a rather hefty paper tray that holds 150 blank sheets - a good amount indeed. Feeding the paper in is via the tray at the front which has become standard on epson's but I hark back to the days when the sheets were feed upright at the back as you could visually see when you are running low on paper. Small petty complaint I think. Scanning and faxing which I'll admit I haven't done a lot of seems on par in terms of speed and quality with most other printers at this price point.

So a great printer at a reasonable price. Do look into the model(s) above and see if the extra twenty or so is worth the added features. If you don't care about the mono screen and want a workhorse that does it all reliably then this is your man.

George Foreman GR1036BTR 5-Minute Burger Grill
George Foreman GR1036BTR 5-Minute Burger Grill
Price: $29.12
6 used & new from $29.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Teenie tiny grill, September 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first George Foreman grill and when I opened the box I was surprised at how tiny this thing is. Don't get me wrong, I like that - I only have a small kitchen and I'd hate for it to be resigned to the back of some cabinet never to see the light of day. Given its size I'm more than happy to leave it out on display permanently.

What you have here is a sandwich maker in the guise of a grill and really I'm not complaining. But don't expect grilled, smokey semi-burnt grilled meat. Whilst it will sear thanks to the ridges on the cooking plate, it's still cooking by hot metal, not flame.

The results speak for themselves though. Hot well done burgers in less than five minutes. I think defrosting the patties for a while cuts down the cooking time and you have to keep an eye on things as there's no programmable timers here just a light to indicate the plates are ready. The bun plate warms up and toast your bread without steaming them and making them soggy. The fat drips into the unattached plastic tray.

Clean up is made a little more difficult by the device not having removable plates but it's not insurmountable. I understand that larger models have removable plates but given this item's size I understand why it's probably not needed. Oh and the power cord is woefully short too so keep that in mind depending of where you intend to use this.

So there you have it, a great tiny grill that does the business.

Power White Deep Stain Eraser Toothpaste 4 Oz.
Power White Deep Stain Eraser Toothpaste 4 Oz.
Offered by harborlight
Price: $12.50
10 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars White teeth!, September 22, 2014
I know this is silly but every time I pick up the tube I read it as 'white power'. Did I buy racist toothpaste?

Anyway, more seriously I do like this product. It's a no fuss product that works and my teeth were visibly whiter (albeit only slightly) after only a week or so use. Don't expect the level of whiteness you get with teeth whitening systems but depending on your teeth you should notice some change after several days.

There's no minty taste here, it's a very neutral but not unpleasant flavor and you can feel substance in it presumably the acting agent that whitens your teeth.

I'm still on the same tube I bought two months ago so it lasts even given the relatively small size of it. If I had one complaint it's the somewhat high price and so I'm docking a star.

But this is a good toothpaste that works without gimmicks.

PUC Wireless MIDI Connection for iOS Devices
PUC Wireless MIDI Connection for iOS Devices
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly hockey sticks! It works!, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not really sure why some folks are knocking this down for being MIDI as the name is PUC Wireless MIDI! I can understand frustration if your keyboard or device only has USB but that's not this item's fault. Any and all professional and semi-professional gear will have MIDI-out and that's what this is for.

I was surprised that this was a little larger than expected hence the name PUC(k) I suppose. I connected it to my Korg M50 and paired it with my Ipad 3. Within moments I was playing the instruments in Garage Band. There's a free download for MIDI but this device works flawlessly with coreMIDI as well.

Software such as the aforementioned GB was designed with touch screen in mind so you won't have the level of control over individual instruments as you do when touching the screen but that's to be expected. I was very pleased to have a such a simple device to allow my keyboard set up to talk to my tablet, and will be using my ipad in my sound system from now on.

Ultimately, if you want to do away with wires and various connectors then this is the best wireless solution for getting your MIDI equipment to talk to your ioS device. Compact, hassle free and does what it says on the box. A little pricey in my opinion but worth it if you want to break the leash and get MIDI into your ipad etc with ease.

Nivea For Men Active3 Body Wash for Body, Hair & Shave, 16.9-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Price: $11.91
21 used & new from $11.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Body, shampoo and.... Shave?, September 21, 2014
Excellent three in one. When I picked it up though I was expecting the usual three - body wash, shampoo and conditioner but this one has body, shampoo and shave. Unusual.

The soap lathers up and smells great. It left my body clean and my hair was cleaner and fuller than just using my regular shampoo. I haven't tried shaving with it yet as I have a big beard which I'm happy to report also felt clean and smooth and healthy.

So it doesn't need the conditioner part. I can see why this is a #1 best seller here Amazon and will definitely be buying more. Top stuff.

PetSafe Train N Praise Potty Training Dog System
PetSafe Train N Praise Potty Training Dog System
Price: $88.07
6 used & new from $88.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Automatic treats!, September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This system will not train your dog for you. It won't make them go outside when they need to go and will therefore not stop them peeing inside. In fact the entire purpose of this system is for YOU to train your dog and according to the literature supplied this training takes between two and four+ weeks.

So why does it work, and why five stars if it doesn't actually do the training. Well I rescue Maltese and Bichon Friese and occasionally Maltipoos and they just have a tendency to go where ever they choose, often going outside for number two but anywhere in the house for number one. Since many of the dogs I get are older, traumatized or sick my traditional method of being stern and gently forceful simply doesn't work.

And I guess if they're going to go inside I'd rather they went on a pee pad. It's the lesser of two evils.

The system comprises of three elements - location, action and reward. Your little ones need to go to a location (pee pad), need to perform an action (pee!) and then they get a reward (small treat of your choice). At first you should hand the treat out manually rather than use the dispenser, although one particular smarty of mine thought that just sitting on the pad and looking at the box was sufficient. Nice try!

After lots of encouragement and positive vibes (never admonish for mistakes, only award with love for success) you can introduce the mechanical aspect. How long this takes will vary but in my case it was around a week.

The pee pads supplied actually have a circuit going through them and using the attached clip it will detect moisture and dispense a treat (slightly noisily) in an automated fashion.

This is where this system shines. As I said it's not so much a training tool as it is a reminder, especially when you're out at work or away for the day. Doggy wants a treat? Pee on the pad then. They get it, it works and I'm extremely happy.

Ultimately, it's as effective as the amount of time you put in. Technically it's a home run, and if you're willing to do your bit then your little one will know totally what to do whether you're in the vicinity or not. Once imprinted in their tiny noggins your life will be so much easier and your house less peed on! Very impressed.

Glade Solid Air Freshener, Pure Vanilla Joy, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Glade Solid Air Freshener, Pure Vanilla Joy, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by sunshine.sales
Price: $17.45
8 used & new from $7.97

1.0 out of 5 stars What the... Ew., September 9, 2014
I came here to write my review on glade's Pure Vanilla Joy sir freshener. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother reviewing an item like this, I mean it's a gel air freshener it smells nice then disappears. Not a lot to it.

But this one smells. Not in a good way, a bad way. So I am glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so. It's hard to describe the smell exactly but if I had to I would say it's a spicy musk that belongs in a tramp's pocket. It certainly doesn't belong in your home and there's no pure vanilla or indeed joy.

Failure on the behalf on glade here and for that and its fairly hefty price it gets one star.

Pure one star joy.