Profile for Vynny > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 974

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vynny "Vynrod" RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Glade Solid Air Freshener, Pure Vanilla Joy, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Glade Solid Air Freshener, Pure Vanilla Joy, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by S.C. Goods
Price: $17.45
9 used & new from $7.97

1.0 out of 5 stars What the... Ew., September 9, 2014
I came here to write my review on glade's Pure Vanilla Joy sir freshener. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother reviewing an item like this, I mean it's a gel air freshener it smells nice then disappears. Not a lot to it.

But this one smells. Not in a good way, a bad way. So I am glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so. It's hard to describe the smell exactly but if I had to I would say it's a spicy musk that belongs in a tramp's pocket. It certainly doesn't belong in your home and there's no pure vanilla or indeed joy.

Failure on the behalf on glade here and for that and its fairly hefty price it gets one star.

Pure one star joy.

EcoSeb DD322EA-SIMPLE Desiccant Dehumidifier, 21-Pint, White
EcoSeb DD322EA-SIMPLE Desiccant Dehumidifier, 21-Pint, White
Price: $279.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bit of kit., September 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second desiccant dehumidifier I've got for my 40' RV. The first one was much smaller with no controls aside from on/off and whilst it did the job it was actually fatter than this unit and clearly not as effective. It died after about a year of continuous use.

I wasn't sure I needed a 21 pint one for the trailer, but I have to say I'm glad I got it. 21 pints is the maximum this will pull out of the air in a twenty four our period and not the amount of water it holds. Almost all dehumidifiers use this method of showing how powerful the unit is. It actually holds about eight pints which is still a lot.

Unpacking is as simple as removing it from the box using the easy carry handles and ripping off the two pieces of tape holding the reservoir tank in place. It is a big unit though so do check the dimensions in case it's too large for the place you intend to put it, but it's sleek in terms of depth so could sit almost anywhere without getting in the way. There's even mounting screw holes on the back but I recommend using dry wall anchors or find at least one stud as this will be heavy when full of water! The only thing you need to decide is whether you want it on full or half power using a switch setting and then set the rotary as to how low you'd like the humidity. There's no humidity percentage indicator which is a shame so I put the dial at about 2/3rds and left it go do its thing.

After about an hour I went to check on it and was surprised to full warm air coming out of the directional vent, I mean it was quite toasty which is great in winter, not so great in summer. But that's simply laws of thermodynamics and condensation - small price to pay for effective dehumidifying.

Two days later it was full and switched itself off and lit up a very obvious red LED. I slid the tray out and was shocked at how heavy it was... And to think all that's in the air - amazing. The handy carry handle allowed easy draining then back in the tray went.

You can also permanently hook up a drain using the supplied line of hose but I'm okay with emptying it as needed for now.

So, insanely effective, good looking and super, super quiet on half setting. Brilliant piece of equipment recommended for living quarters due to its small size and silence. If you live in a humid climate you need this.

BOOMco. Whipblast Blaster
BOOMco. Whipblast Blaster
Price: $11.32
28 used & new from $8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerfs upgraded!, September 3, 2014
This review is from: BOOMco. Whipblast Blaster (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This unique gun is a hefty chunk of change and won't be confused with other lighter toys of its ilk such as those made by Nerf. It cocks in an insanely cool way that leaves you feeling like a cross between a gunslinging cowboy and some cyborg from the future. The cocking mechanism must be responsible for the power as this baby shoots and shoots hard. I would recommend you try it out before handing it over to your little ones as you may be surprised by its power.

The darts themselves (you get four) stick to the designated target but not much else which I guess prevents them getting stuck to the ceiling and you can actually aim somewhat so there's definite skill here.

In a nutshell I think this toy is a great alternative to the nerd range and whilst it's not quite as child safe it's much better than a BB gun or airsoft. If your child is bored with nerfs and wants an upgrade then this is a great choice.

I do wish they supplied more darts but this is a small complaint. Excellent little shooter.

APC Back-UPS Connect BGE70M, 120V, Network Backup
APC Back-UPS Connect BGE70M, 120V, Network Backup
Price: $49.99
42 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange device, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay this is a bit of a strange one. Three two pronged non grounded outlets give your Wall warts and cellphone some juice for short outages. But why non grounded? I have a feeling it's almost an idiot proofing to stop some folks plugging up space heaters or microwave ovens or something during power loss.

So you're limited to predominately DC based equipment - routers (well some routers), cable modems, cellphone chargers and so on. Low drawing stuff. Of course if you're using it to juice your router then what's juicing your PC? This unit can't, and even if you're running a laptop it still can't back up up that either as 99% of laptop PSUs have three pronged plugs. I also wonder why they didn't add a couple of USB ports just for convenience.

Having said that it does what it says and powers low-powered equipment adequately. It's a big item at nearly a foot long and 6 pounds so don't expect something subtle.

So I'm torn. It's really, really well priced at the time of writing, and does do what it's supposed to albeit without any frills such as computer connectivity, But for some more cash you could have a 'proper' UPS with grounded outlets etc which I think in the long run would prove much more useful.

So four stars mainly because of the price and the APC name, but do consider other options before placing down your cash.

Allen Sports 3W Aluminum Light Set, Silver
Allen Sports 3W Aluminum Light Set, Silver
Price: $38.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and great, August 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This almost perfect lighting set is marred by one tiny issue but if you're in the market for front and back lights then this surprisingly heavy duty combo will fit the bill nicely even given that caveat.

You see, despite the lights being compact, extremely well made and fit virtually anywhere, I just can't forgive the need for CR2032 batts for the rear. With this level of brightness you know you're going to go through a lot of them, and whilst technically not massively expensive, it's just such a shame to take form over function.

In my opinion Allen should have made the housing bigger and sacrificed looks and utilized a readily available rechargeable size such as triple or double A.

Having said, that these are extremely bright, falling somewhere around 'you see me' over 'I see the road', and they are so easy to attach in most cases.

So a five star product with one off for the limited battery needs. I still love the kit though. Just pop a couple of spare CR2032s in your bag before you leave if you're coming back at night.

Camco 41189 TST Orange Drop-Ins Holding Tank Treatment - 15 pack
Camco 41189 TST Orange Drop-Ins Holding Tank Treatment - 15 pack
Price: $13.40
30 used & new from $10.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Orangy boom for your RV, August 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Camco's holding tank treatments for about a year now in my 39' Layton RV with great results.

But recently I've been residing in the RV as work in being done on my property so I'm really giving the treatments a run for their money. This is the first time I've seen these orange drop in bags and they differ from what I'm used to using, not only in color but also in aroma and contents. The usual treatment I put in my black tank is Camco's blue bags and they contain a liquid with a somewhat chemical smell, but these orange bags seem to have beads in them and have a very distinct citrus smell.

To test it I dropped a bag into the toilet but didn't flush it. As expected the bag broke down in seconds and released the beads which then dissolved leaving an pool of orange smelling water.

Anyone who has spent time in an RV during these hot summer months will recognize the odor of a non-treated black holding tank. Happy to report that for very little outlay in terms of cash you can completely eliminate this dodgy smell as well as aid breaking down the matter and paper in your tank.

As with the original bags I was using, these orangy beauties worked one hundred percent and the bonus of a non-chemical smell is just the icing on the toilet cake. Very pleased.

Bloco Toys Ogre and Monsters Building Kit
Bloco Toys Ogre and Monsters Building Kit
Price: $29.23
4 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Big scary monsters!, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Awesome and large this kit caught me off guard. I was expecting small soft foam small pieces but the supplied 280 or so bits can make sturdy monsters a foot or more tall! The elements pop out and snap together easily and my two girls aged seven and nine got building right away, completely ignoring the intended monster design instead choosing to free-form an impromptu animal that was far scarier than the one they were meant to build.

They had a great time adding arms where legs should be and so on. I love the freedom and ease of use, plus they're firm but not hard plastic so less chance of getting hurt or having the pieces swallowed.

The finished animals remind me of the old flat cut out cardboard people of old that I used to make, all held together with split pins so you could pose you character or make them dance. When I used to make these 2D people and animals I didn't really think of it as brain excersizes...

And yet that's what Bloco is - a great toy that allows lots of freedom and the ability to play with the creation when done and when little ones are having a great time learning without knowing they're learning then it's a win/win.

Very impressed and will be picking up more kits forthwith. Value for money and kid safe.

Epson WorkForce DS-40 Portable Wireless Document Scanner, Sheet-Fed & Mobile / Portable for PC & MAC,  WIFi (B11B225201)
Epson WorkForce DS-40 Portable Wireless Document Scanner, Sheet-Fed & Mobile / Portable for PC & MAC, WIFi (B11B225201)
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and tiny, August 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was recently sent the considerably more expensive HP ScanJet 3000s2 document scanner on Amazon vine and it was everything you might expect for the price and did the job perfectly.

Now let's get the obvious out of the way; the Workforce DS-40 can't compare to the 3000s2 for features or speed but then it's not designed to. There's a specific user who needs this scanner and it's someone one the road. Be it at college, to and from work or a true work nomad, lugging the 3000s2 around would be crazy so this DS-40 fits the bill perfectly.

It's a comparatively tiny unit that's wireless and battery powered (4 double AAs supplied), although you can opt for a power block too and it can also be juiced via powered USB. If you intend to use a laptop do check that it can offer enough power to run this device though as earlier lappies don't necessarily output the needed five volts of electricity through USB when not plugged into an outlet.

Another thing to note is this is not a duplex scanner meaning it will only scan a single side. In most cases this probably isn't a deal breaker but you would have to manually flip your paper over if you need both sides. Scanning a document at 600 dpi takes about twenty five seconds so factor your time if you have a lot of double-sided scanning to do.

Several software packages are supplied for various platforms and their quality varies from bloated clunky junk to great useful stuff, as seems common with all Epson products. The scanner is twain compliant and so you can't complain about the supplied apps, just use your favorite scanning program as preferred. You can also scan to cellphone and cloud based services with a single press of a button and that's definitely a big plus.

As others have noted, this is a single page feeder scanner indicating that your document should be fairly crease free and flat. You can't scan a book, or even book pages unless you rip them out nor can you scan thick documents or set the unit up to feed multiple pages. It's strictly a simple one side of one page scanner.

This item, in conjunction with the software, isn't perfect. It's not the quickest or the cheapest scanner but it does do everything that is claimed, it does it adequately and it bears the relatively good name of Epson.

If you're a business road warrior then get it. At 1.1 pounds it's light enough to just throw in your bag and just never know when scanning a document on the go would be essential. I like it and can definitely see it being used a lot as I travel.

OXA Universal Car Charger Adapter with Dual USB Ports Supports 12V or 24V Systems for iPad, iPhone, Samsung, Android Devices, Tablets, GPS and More (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright blue LED -love it, August 7, 2014
Oxa make great battery back ups for your cellphone and tablets as well as car chargers and more.

This stylish (and it really is) cellphone/tablet car charger is compact and well made. When you make the connection a super bright blue chevron light appears to tell you the device is hooked up ready to go. You won't miss this light when it switches on, believe me.

There's two USB connectors built in, one offering 1.2 amps for cellphones and another gives 2.4 amps for tablets and phablets. My phone charges at the same rate that my official samsung charger offers and my phone doesn't complain that charging is slow due to using a third party charger which is excellent.

My only caveat is Oxa are now offering a similar dual USB charger with an increase in amps up to 4.2 - handy if you want to charge two tablets at once.

Great price, well made item and super bright blue LED. Can't go wrong with this one.

CLEAR Men Scalp and Hair Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Deep Clean Hydration, 12.9 Ounce
Price: $4.48
4 used & new from $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars No dandruff here!, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a man with fairly long hair I'm pleased to say that I don't suffer from dandruff too much, and yet I often purchase anti-dandruff shampoo. Are the two correlated? Is the "head and shoulders" ad campaign of yesteryear accurate? (Head and Shoulders.. But you don't have dandruff!)

Well I'm always on the lookout for alternate anti dandruff shampoos and so I chose Clear's Scalp and Anti Dandruff shampoo. Often though there's a chemical smell and my hair is lackluster and flat. Happy to report no such issue with this one and my hair looks about as healthy as it can attached to a hairy biker who doesn't normally care about such beautification.

There's not a lot else to add. It feels good, smells good and the results speak for themselves. Five stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20