Profile for Kevin Pepper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 110

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Pepper "JedeyeNite" RSS Feed (Elkmont, AL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Remington Products R5 Lithium Power Series Rotary Shaver
Remington Products R5 Lithium Power Series Rotary Shaver
Price: $49.97
3 used & new from $49.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Electric Razor Ever!!, June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Some razors lose power quickly, and some don't pack much power. Those items would not be something I would use to describe this fantastic razor. First of all, it's cobalt blue (my fave color). So it earns points for that right out of the box. One thing that makes this razor awesome is that it has a lithium battery, which holds a charge longer than others. Unlike other razors, this one seems to be packing some power under the hood by not slowing down in certain areas. This razor handles easily, and provides a close and smooth shave. Two thumbs up!!!

Colgate Optic White Whiteseal Mouthwash, Icy Fresh Mint, 8 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by Always Open
Price: $19.83
8 used & new from $19.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Minty Fresh as Hoped For, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think Colgate might be better to market this as a "whitening agent" not as a mouthwash. When I think of mouthwash, I think of a liquid that I swish around after I've rinsed from brushing as a final step in my oral hygiene. This product doesn't really work well with "swishing" as I normally do with mouthwash. I found that by following my regular routine, this began to foam up to the point I had to spit out some of it, which left me feeling a little like a rabid dog. It also did not leave me with the minty fresh feeling I get with my usual mouthwash. I did find that by just doing a couple of swished was sufficient to activate the foaming effect, which does get in between hard to reach places as advertised. I think it would be good if Colgate would remarker this as part of a whitening regimen. I did notice that after a few weeks of use, it did seem that my teeth were a tad brighter. Bottom Line: Good as a whitening agent, not so good as a mouthwash.

Me and My Big Mouse
Me and My Big Mouse
by Ethan Long
Price: $10.19
36 used & new from $9.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book Teaches a Great Lesson, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Me and My Big Mouse (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a teacher, I see things like this happen all the time. Two friends are very close, but one friend starts to get a little overwhelmed when the other becomes to "clingy". This book approaches this serious problem from a humorous perspective. This would be a great book to read aloud to my class. It also serves as a good lesson that you should never completely write off a true friend. Kids today need to understand that true friends stick together through thick and thin, but they should also be willing to give each other some space from time to time. Kids will LOOOOOOVE this book!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars SMOOTH Shave!!!, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used the Gillette Fusion battery operated razor for the past few years. I've been very happy with it, so I didn't expect much from the new Proglide. The first thing I noticed about this new razor is that it has a good weight to it. I was surprised that with my old razor having a battery in it that it would be as heavy, if not a little heavier. That weight does help in making it feel comfortable in your had as you shave. The movement of the Proglide head does help when shaving contours around neck and face. Now for the big surprise. The final shave was actually smoother than my old vibrating razor ever accomplished. The really good thing is that the package of replacement heads I had just bought will also fit this razor!! Yaaaay!

Hercules [Blu-ray]
Hercules [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Barbara Barrie
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray Trumps the Old DVD!!!, June 7, 2014
This review is from: Hercules [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a review of the 2014 Blu Ray of Hercules. While Hercules never seemed to catch on like some of the other Disney titles, it still remains one of my favorite Disney titles. Maybe it's the dark version of Hades' Underworld, which is absolutely gorgeous in HD. Once Hercules is resigned to Earth, you really get to see the difference between the old DVD and this new HD version. The colors are absolutely brilliant, and the sound is better than I've heard before. One of the things I love about this movie is the stylistic animation which looks better than ever now with detail I've never seen before. Unlike the new Tarzan blu ray, Hercules does not have a lot of extras. What you see on the cover is all you get on this one: a 10 min. making of, Ricky Martin music video, and a sing along. Even though you don't get a lot of extra features on this title, this is still a worthy addition to your Disney library. The upgrade in video and audio alone are worth an upgrade from the old lackluster DVD.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 9:51 AM PDT

Tarzan [Blu-ray]
Tarzan [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Tony Goldwyn
Price: $19.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarzan is Much More Than the Cover Describes, June 7, 2014
This review is from: Tarzan [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
One of the benefits of belonging to the Disney Movie Club, is the ability to get movies before their intended release dates. I just got Tarzan blu ray in the mail this morning, and I wasn't expecting more than the movie and the few paltry extras listed on the packaging. Well imagine my surprise when I popped the disc in and found that it apparently includes all of the material from the long out of print 2 DVD set from years ago!! Someone can check me on this, as I no longer own that set, but this seems to be everything I remember. With this blu ray release you get an improved picture with beautiful colors and clear animation lines, a robust DTS 5.1 soundtrack, and all of these extras.

Classic Bonus Features:
* Deleted Scenes approx. 10 min.
* Backstage Disney
- History and Development approx. 8 min.
- Characters of Tarzan
Creating Tarzan approx. 4 min.
Animating Tarzan approx. 7 min.
Creating Jane And Porter approx. 3 min.
Creating Kala & Kerchak approx. 3 min.
Creating Terk & Tantor approx. 3 min.
Creating Clayton approx. 3 min.
- Animation Production
Deep Canvass Process approx. 3 min.
Deep Canvass Demonstration approx. 5 min.
Production Progression Demonstration approx. 5 min.
Intercontinental Filmmaking approx. 2 min.
- Story and Editorial
Building the Story approx. 3 min.
Storyboard to Film Comparison approx. 3 min.
- Publicity
3 trailers approx. 6 min. total
- DisneyPedia: Living in the Jungle approx. 6 min.
- Audio Commentary: Directors Chris Buck & Kevin Lima and Producer Bonnie Arnold
* Music & More
- The Making of the Music approx. 3 min.
- Tarzan Goes International approx. 2 min.
- You'll Be In My Heart music video Phil Collins
- Strangers Like Me music video Phil Collins
- Strangers Lime Me music video Everlife
- Trashin the Camp studio session Phil Collins & 'N Sync
- Phil Collins song demo with intro by Chris Montan

That's a little over 1 1/2 hours of extras (not including commentary track) that are NOT mentioned on the cover.
If you have enjoyed this in the DVD form for the last few years, you owe it to yourself to grab this new HD title from the Disney Vault.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 5:32 PM PDT

Whiteboard
Whiteboard
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App for Students with Kindle HD, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Whiteboard (App)
I started letting students bring their own devices to my classroom about two years ago. I wrote an Acceptable Use Policy for my classroom, and I had several who have been using their own devices. This is an app I suggested to those who own a Kindle or other Android device. My fourth graders have loved using this app. My main use for this in the classroom is as a means of practicing math. Not only does it save paper, but the students are much more eager to work their problems out using the White Board app than using pencil and paper.

DC America SES902, Sequoia Porch Swing, Hardwood Finish
DC America SES902, Sequoia Porch Swing, Hardwood Finish
Price: $88.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Swing + Book + Iced Tea = Perfect Summer Activity, June 5, 2014
My favorite thing to do in the Alabama heat of summer is to sit in my front porch swing and read. Unfortunately, apparently the squirrels around my property must have been crossed with beavers because they attached and ATE my old swing. After trying everything I could find to keep this from happening, the damage got so bad that I finally decided to trash the old swing and get a new one.

This swing was easy to assemble, and within an hour, I had it assembled and hanging on my front porch. It sits very comfortably, and with all of the bolts tightened well, it has a solid feel to it. The best thing about it is that it's been hanging for over a month now, and it has not had ONE squirrel attack. Now I can get busy with my reading list for the summer. I would greatly recommend this swing to anyone.

The River of Souls
The River of Souls
by Robert McCammon
Price: $20.19
47 used & new from $16.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best in the Series, but Still a Great Tale, May 10, 2014
This review is from: The River of Souls (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been a fan of McCammon since his early days spent in the horror genre. After remaining in retirement for many years, he broke the long dry spell with the publication of Speaks the Nightbird. Without even knowing what the book was about, I preordered it as soon as I heard that RRM was returning to the publishing world. I had been lucky enough to join a group for lunch with McCammon for a library fundraiser in Huntsville, AL many years ago. At that time, he was breaking out of the horror genre, and was about to publish Gone South. He also mentioned at the time that he was looking at writing a historical fiction novel, which seemed intriguing. Unfortunately, it wasn't long after that when he took a leave from the publishing world. I was quite surprised at Nightbird, and was immediately drawn into the historical setting of the story. Even though the setting was different from any of his other novels, it was a refreshing change. After Queen of Bedlam, I was hooked on this franchise.

While I have loved the other four titles in the Corbett series, I have to say this one was a little bit of a let down. The story gets off to a bit of a slow start, but then starts to pick up after a series of events leads him up the River of Souls. McCammon excels at creating scenes with a dark and mysterious mood. The mood I had while reading about the events along this river reminded me of the feeling I got from reading Boy's Life (I believe his best) where you meet the "witch", and then there is the scene in Gone South where the characters escape into the swamp. All of this have a feeling of impending doom about them and a little touch of creepiness. Since this book is only half the size of most of the others in the series, this one does come off feeling like more of a volume 4.5 in the series instead of a 5. That should not detract anyone who has followed this series from picking up this title. It's still a great book and a perfect summer read. It will leave you begging for the sixth entry in this series. If you haven't read some of his earlier work, I would strongly suggest reading the titles I mentioned earlier. With this one being a shorter read, that leaves you more time to get into some of his others.

Lipton K-Cup Packs, Classic Unsweetened ICED Tea, 24 Count
Lipton K-Cup Packs, Classic Unsweetened ICED Tea, 24 Count
Price: $19.81
6 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Delightful Sweet Tea, May 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My experience with my Keurig since getting it about two years ago has been hit and miss in the coffee department. After some trial and error, I have found some brands that seem consistently good, while others are just downright nasty. It was with some trepidation that I approached a tea in K-cup. With low expectations, I filled a glass with ice, put a couple teaspoons of sugar over the ice, and then proceeded to brew my first glass of tea from my Keurig. One sip, and aaaahhhhhhh!! The perfect glass of sweet iced tea. I did have to add a couple of extra cubes to chill it, but using the ice in the brewing process actually works vey well. This has now become a staple in my K-cup collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11