Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Kevin Pepper > Reviews

Browse

Kevin Pepper's Profile

Customer Reviews: 131

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Pepper "JedeyeNite" RSS Feed (Elkmont, AL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt - #1 Breathable Industrial Strength Lumbar Posture Support Belt - Relieves Lower Back Pain Naturally for Men and Women (3XL)
Offered by mismoso
Price: $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Chronic Pain, February 11, 2016
I have scoliosis, and have suffered from chronic back pain for years. I started wearing a small back support a couple of years ago, but it was narrow and didn't provide the support. I saw this one on Amazon and thought I would try it. Once I figured out how to properly strap it, I felt immediate relief. I was afraid it would be uncomfortable when sitting, but that is not the case at all. I don't like to take meds for my pain, so this works perfectly for me. Whether you suffer chronic back pain, or maybe you just need a little support, this is a great product.

The X Files: Complete Seasons 1-9 [Blu-ray]
The X Files: Complete Seasons 1-9 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ David Duchovny
Offered by Washington Blvd Sales
Price: $179.31
62 used & new from $130.20

5.0 out of 5 stars The X Files Look and Sound Extraordinary!!!, December 9, 2015
I was a fan of the X Files from the original airing of the first season. The mixture of sic-fi, horror, myth, and mystery really grabbed my attention, and I was a fan until the end of this groundbreaking series. If you are a fan of the original broadcast of this series, you may be thinking that the transfer to widescreen format from the original full screen may be a problem. I was quite amazed at how crisp and clear the new widescreen transfers are with lots of detail and bright colors. While I have not watched the entire set on Blu ray, what I have seen is truly amazing. I really wasn't expecting to see the detail and crispness of the image. The sound is also a huge improvement over the DVD counterpoint. With all of the extras from the previous editions present here, this is a no brainer for any true fan of the series. You are not likely to ever see or hear this series in better quality than this blu ray edition.

The Legacy [Blu-ray]
The Legacy [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Katharine Ross
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $18.59
19 used & new from $15.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Scream Factory Provides a GREAT edition of this Classic Horror Film, November 5, 2015
This review is from: The Legacy [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
When this movie first came out, I was in Jr. high, and was not allowed to go to R rated movies. So, I had to satisfy my curiosity about this movie by reading the tie-in book. The first time I actually got to see it was when it was shown on network TV, and I loved it. Before this release, I had not seen this film in MANY years. I am so thankful for Scream Factory who sees the importance in making these forgotten films look and sound their best. They have done a great job with The Legacy!! The picture is the best I've ever seen it, but then again, I had only previously seen it on TV. With great sound and a clear picture, this is probably the best this film has looked since it was first released. While the bonus items are not numerous, they are quite good, and to be honest, I'm just glad to have a good quality copy of this classic horror film to enjoy whenever I want.

Sony S5200 2D/3D Blu Ray and DVD Player with Wifi, US and EU Connectors, and 6ft HDMI Cable (Bundle)
Offered by MULTISYSTEM-ELECTRONICS
Price: $179.00
6 used & new from $109.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME Region Free Player, August 15, 2015
This blu ray player is AWESOME!!! It plays 3D blu rays, but most of all, it allows me to watch discs that were outside my viewing experience because of the region they were released in. Since I received my player, I have been able to order DVD's and Blu-rays from other regions that are not available in the US. This player is priced so that I could afford to finally allow myself to see these films that before I was unable to view. don't let its small size fool you. While this player may be small, it packs a big punch as a player of media from all over the world. I am so happy that I chose to order this.

Star Wars: A New Hope (Limited Edition Steel Book) [Blu-ray]
Star Wars: A New Hope (Limited Edition Steel Book) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Alec Guinness
Price: $14.32
50 used & new from $6.15

1.0 out of 5 stars The Force is NOT with This One, August 15, 2015
I was excited to hear that Disney was now in control of the Star Wars franchise, because I felt they would FINALLY release a remastered original version of the original trilogy. So disappointing to find that their first grab is simply a repackaging of the horrible versions Lucan released years ago.

Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection [Blu-ray]
Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Richard Hatch
Offered by twilightmedia
Price: $85.55
27 used & new from $77.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlestar Galactica as Never Seen Before., May 14, 2015
Battlestar Galactica is a throwback to my childhood. I was glued to our black and white TV every week to watch a series unlike any other series that had been on air before. When I first of the the rebirth of the series a few years ago, I was very skeptical with the changes I had heard of. As it turned out, the new BG turned out to be a fantastic series. I wondered when the original classic series would be released on Blu-ray. Well....here it is. And you have two versions to pick from: the remastered widescreen edition, or the Definitive Edition with BOTH widescreen and original full frame version, PLUS the original theatrical version of the pilot.

When I first heard they were remastering this to fit current widescreen TV's, I have to admit I was intrigued. But I also had fond memories of the original format, so I chose to purchase the Definitive Edition for an extra $20. So......is it worth the extra expense??? Before I answer that, let me start with the packaging. The outer slipcase is quite nice. It's a sturdy cardboard with a metallic look to the outer artwork. The lettering of the title is raised, and the cylon head is slightly raised from the surface. The reflective nature of the artwork is really nice to look at. Inside the box are 5 hard shell blu-ray cases. One for the original series in widescreen, one of the same in full frame, one of the 1980 series in widescreen, and one of the same in full frame, and finally one with the single disc of the theatrical release of the pilot episode.

Now let's get to what's on the discs. The first one I watched was the remastered widescreen version. Right off from the title screen I thought that something looked....off. It wasn't the crisp image I was expecting. I immediately thought of the glorious remastered version of Space 1999 (see my Amazon review of that classic set), and how fantastic it looks on blu-ray. With BG being a newer show, I expected similar results. There is noticeable scratches and scuffs that pop across the screen, and the colors look somewhat washed out. There is also a lack of crispness that you would expect from high definition. I wasn't sure if it was due to the zoom in that was necessary to create a widescreen image from the original full screen element. To check that out, I popped in the same episode from the full frame set. As soon as the titles came on, there was a noticeable difference. The starry backgrounds have a much nicer blackness to them with the stars popping off the background. There is also no denying that the special effects look much better on the full frame versions. One thing that was very noticeable in the widescreen was the "matting" around the ships as they travel around the screen. When you watch the full frame version, it is just not that evident. The effects are much clearer, and the colors are much more crisp in the full frame versions. Another very noticeable difference is the skin tones. In the widescreen versions, there is a waxy look to the skin, but in the full frame versions, the skin tones are much more natural. One final thing I have to point out is that in the cropping of the original format, you really do lose a lot of screen information.

While I was so excited about the widescreen version, after viewing it, I am surprised that I prefer the original full frame episodes. The sound quality on them seem to be identical, but there is no way you could watch both and not realize that the widescreen version is inferior to the full frame. If you're a true BG fan, do yourself a favor and spend the extra few dollars to get the original series in the best looking version I have ever seen it, the full frame version. It is truly the most ideal way to see this fantastic series in high definition.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2015 6:28 PM PDT

Christine
Christine
12 used & new from $13.04

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY Christine on Blu Ray at a Great Price, May 12, 2015
This review is from: Christine (Blu-ray)
After being so disappointed that I missed the opportunity to get Christine on blu-ray when Twilight Time released it in a limited edition last year. With the price tag at about $170 for that version now, I just can't pay that much for it. I was so surprised to run across this edition from Germany. I got it in the mail today, and boy was I surprised. This is a Region Free release, and plays perfectly on my PS4. Now what was I surprised at???? The $17 price tag??? no I was surprised to find that this release is actually much better than the Twilight Time release. The picture is a big improvement over the DVD release, and the sound is incredible for such an old movie. Now for what I was surprised at. All of the special features from the previous DVD release are included on this blu-ray. That includes the commentary, deleted scenes, and three featurettes that total almost an hour. So the bottom line is, if you missed the Twilight Time release, do NOT pay the outrageous price for it. Grab this German version for a small fraction of that inflated price. I also managed to receive it from Germany within 2 weeks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2015 1:17 PM PDT

Noah
Noah
DVD
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This Film Should Have Been Left on the Ark., May 8, 2015
This review is from: Noah (Amazon Video)
First of all, I have to admit that the story of Noah was my favorite Bible story as a child, and still remains at the top. The story as told in the Bible is one that is a great story of redemption and the determination of Noah to fulfill his destiny. The story that I was familiar with ends with Noah and his family leaving the ark and moving out into a new world to replenish the Earth. While I wasn't expecting a completely faithful retelling of this great story, I did hope that the heart of the story would still be there. There are some gaps in the biblical tale that leave room for some dramatic material to flesh out the story. As the film started, I was looking forward to the depiction of the actual flood, but it was difficult to stay with it long enough to reach that point. I trudged through this laborious movie that completely ripped the heart out of this fantastic tale and doesn't leave anything at all for me to care about. Noah himself is not even a likable character in this film. Even if I remove my disappointments over all of the changes made to the biblical tale, this is just a HORRIBLE movie.

Book of the Dead (TombQuest, Book 1)
Book of the Dead (TombQuest, Book 1)
by Michael Northrop
Price: $8.53
210 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginning to New Series, January 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always been interested in ancient Egypt, so the setting of this book drew me in immediately. The book opens with a dark ceremony by a secret society. It then jumps right to the main Character, Alex who is a young boy with a serious medical condition. His mom works at a museum, and is currently working on an Egyptian section. Alex's mother decides to use the Book of the Dead to bring her son back to life, and unknown to her brings some Dead Walkers back to life in the process. In the Beta for the online game that goes along with this book, you can build some build some levels and let your friends try to find hidden items and fight off some ghouls. Kids who like MineCraft will probably love this game. A great way to get kids into reading just for the fun of it.

Escape from the Lizzarks (Nnewts)
Escape from the Lizzarks (Nnewts)
by Doug TenNapel
Price: $17.88
38 used & new from $3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars The Birth of a New Hero, January 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Little Herk has lost everything when his village was attacked. He has been the brunt of jokes of his friends because of his tiny legs. His dream is to get legs strong enough to leave the safety of water and begin to walk on land. During the invasion of his village, he escapes and then begins a fantastic journey through a world he's never seen before. This was a fun book to read, and serves as a great beginning to a promising series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14