Profile for D. Turkmen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Turkmen RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ionic 2014 Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 10-Inch Case with Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case (White/Red)
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $61.99
4 used & new from $19.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard + case combo that will turn your Samsung tablet into a Surface-like hybrid., December 11, 2014
A tablet case with a Bluetooth keyboard for under $30? I had to reread the description to make sure it does come with a keyboard. Yes, it does! This (almost) turns your Samsung Tab into a hybrid like MS surface.

Pros:
- The keyboard pairs easily
- The keyboard has all the essential keys for Android (search, back, home, list open apps, show/hide virtual keyboard, microphone)
- The keyboard is easy to remove if needed (magnetic attachment)
- Good fit, nice finish
- It closes fine, without screen touching the keys
- It comes with a micro USB cable (to charge the keyboard) - but we just use Samsung charger/cable

Cons:
- Bad closing mechanism. You have to put a flap through a loop, which is not very easy. I wish they used magnets or Velcro.
- Part of the frame that holds the screen covers very tiny portion of the screen on the bottom when looked at from certain angle. Not a big deal.

T-fal GC702D OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill, 1800-watt, Silver
T-fal GC702D OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill, 1800-watt, Silver
Offered by BARGAIN BUDDY
Price: $179.99
24 used & new from $175.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional & consistent = Replacing my mini Foreman Grill, December 10, 2014
I have been looking for a panini press/multi-purpose grill for a while now. While the good ones are expensive, cheap ones have the most common issues: removable plates not staying in place, and inconsistent heating element.

I have never heard of this grill until last week when I saw it in Goodwill. Usually it's a red flag to see an item in a thrift store since the donated items tend to be the least favorites in our households. Was something wrong with it? Was it not doing a good job? It got good reviews here so I ended up buying it.

I had no user manuals so I had to learn how to use it. First thing I noticed, if you start grilling without waiting for the first pre-heat beep, it goes into manual mode. Then I would have to watch the grill because it won't tell me how things are going. My first try was a grilled cheese sandwich, and some soy sausage patties (I am a vegetarian). Sausage patties got nice grill marks, while the limited juice remained in the patties (soy meat is dryer than animal meat). My only complaint would be not all the patties were touching the top plate equally. If you are covering/pressing when cooking with it the top plate touches the items towards the bottom first. You either have to press it by hand just to give enough pressure so the top plate touches everything, or place the thicker items towards the top.

On my second try I decided to make a panini, but this time I waited for the pre-heating phase. After the beep, I put the sandwich in, and started waiting. I was very skeptical about the whole sensor thing. After all, it is supposed to sense how much the items are cooked based on how much the top plate moved. I guess it's doable, but it would be hard without knowing how much melting ingredients (like cheese) I put in. The light turned yellow (or green?) and it beeped. I took the sandwich out. It was toasted perfectly. Unlike my older tiny Foreman grill, which puts a black line in the center of my sandwich, this grill seems to heat the plates much more consistently. Also the amount of cooking was just perfect. Cheese melted, other ingredients got warm without overcooking.

Other things I have tried:

- Toasting steamed Chinese buns: I used Manual mode, let the top plate pressed naturally after it was pre-heated. In a minute the buns got nice grill marks, and also a pleasant crunch.
- Grilling peppers: I grilled some green and red bell peppers, with top plate down. They are charred nicely, and the smell was very pleasant.

It looks durable, and the fact that I bought it used in a Goodwill thrift store tells you something about how durable it can be. Removable plates can go in the dishwasher, something we all should do once in a while to get rid of the nasty stuff. I cannot comment on the price since I paid only a minuscule amount in comparison. But I do know that it's a good grill, even for vegetarians like me, and so far it's working flawlessly. I will update if I come across any issues.

KitchCo Silicone Heat Resistant BBQ and Cooking Gloves - Directly Manage Hot Food - Orange
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $27.00
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the kitchen and for the BBQ, August 21, 2014
If you are dealing with anything hot, this is the tool you need. Unlike big oven mitts, you can move your fingers and grab things little easier. Used both when grilling and baking - no complaints.

Update: Beware, don't use it in hot environments for too long. Unlike when using oven mitts you can feel the heat, and your hands can sweat or even burn inside the gloves. It's OK to deal with hot surfaces briefly, but don't keep your hands in hot too long. So the claim "more protection than oven mitts" isn't 100% true (my thicker mitts are more protective than these gloves). They are still good, but know their limitations. As soon as you feel the heat in your hands, you know it's time to cool the gloves off. This is based on my experience with woking on high heat. Wok conducts the heat all around, and between these gloves vs thick mitts I choose the mitts.

Weber Premium Cover for Charcoal Grills
Weber Premium Cover for Charcoal Grills
Offered by Dynamic deals
Price: $33.19
18 used & new from $26.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly to Weber Performer Silver, August 21, 2014
We have tropical climate here. Wind, sun, and rain are part of life all year around (no snow). Even though some people say Weber will take natural abuse, I don't want to leave that to chance. It has been only 2 weeks, so far it still looks brand new. Good material, good stitching, no fading or hardening or any kind of deterioration (cracks). It's perfect cut for the Performer Silver (one with the folding tray). The only complaint is putting it on can be hard sometimes since it is cut to fit perfectly.

Dell XPS X8700-3127BLK Desktop
Dell XPS X8700-3127BLK Desktop
Offered by Techno Intelligence
Price: $1,029.00
5 used & new from $876.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, especially for photo editing, August 13, 2014
Combined with Dell IPS monitor (S2340M) this is a killer machine for photo editing. We use Lightroom 5 with Nik collection. We can edit multiple RAW images at once. Effect previews show much faster. Runs very quiet. Its GPU (nVidia) is also supported by some applications such as Nik for faster processing. We've looked all the computer deals around, and at Costco. There are many Dell XPS 8700 configurations, but we couldn't find a Dell computer with these specs at this price ($899) as of July 2014 (i7 4770 CPU / 16GB RAM / 2TB Disk / GTX 650 Ti GPU)

Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
Price: $25.45
12 used & new from $19.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Every car owner should have one, March 19, 2014
You will never know when your tires will need air. Sure, you can drive to the nearest gas station with your half-flat tire, find a good spot, get some change from the cashier, put some money in, rush around your car to use the inaccurate equipment before the pump timer cuts your air with an evil laugh.

Or, you can simply use this machine at home. Once you plug this in your car's 12V socket, the screen will turn on. At this point it's a pretty good pressure measurement tool. You can change the pressure units by pressing the "M" button. Does it show below the recommended amount? No problem. Adjust the target pressure with + and - buttons, and hit the power button. It will pump it, it will reach the target, it will pump a little bit more, and stop after about 10 seconds. It pumps half KPI extra so that when the little air escapes when you unplug the hose, you end up with the perfect pressure. Best of all, the target pressure is memorized by the machine. It is truly a plug-and-play machine, and very easy to use. I have inflated 10 tires so far. The only annoyance I have is that it rumbles and moves around on a smooth surface when the pump is operational, so I rather hold it in my hand. But, I would rather do that than having to carry a heavy pump around. At this price, it's a very good product.

Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite for Canon Nikon Sony Panasonic Olympus Fujifilm Pentax Sigma Minolta Leica and Other SLR Digital SLR Film SLR Cameras and Digital Cameras with single-contact Hot Shoe
Price: $35.27
28 used & new from $27.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Sony NEX-6, March 17, 2014
So I needed a small home studio setup on a budget. Since TTL flashes for Sony are expensive, and the choices were very limited, I opted in for a manual flash. All the recommendations I heard were for Yongnuo 560 II, which I almost ordered until I saw the reviews for this product.

This flash has smaller guide number than Y560, but in my case not a big deal since my subjects are very close to the light and the camera. Its cost is almost half of Yongnuo 560, so I bought 2 of these guys. It comes with a small stand (if you are not attaching to a long stand), and a soft carrying bag. It has a built-in diffuser you can pull out in front of the flash, and a white reflector just above the flash. It uses standard hot shoe, which NEX-6 supports, and gets fired fine in M mode.

The tricky part was however, using two of those in slave mode. In S1 mode, these flashes would fire as soon as the popup flash goes off. My photos, however were darker (as if the flash was flooding darkness instead of light!). It turns out NEX-6 uses a pre-flash which causes these flashes to trigger prematurely and messing up the exposure. One solution would be turning off the pre-flash, but NEX-6 doesn't offer this option. Therefore these flashes has to be used in S2 mode, which ignores the pre-flash.

Long story in short: I learned that the best way to test an external flash is to shoot the flash itself. If you are not seeing a bright flash going off in your picture, then the timing of the flash is off (probably time to change the mode).

The flashes are fine, and pretty powerful for my purpose. I think it's a great deal for this price.

ORICO 6518SUS3 Tool Free USB 3.0 & eSATA 2.5 " & 3.5 "SATA Hard Disk Drive Docking Station External Enclosure for 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch HDD - Black
Offered by ORICO Technology Co.,Ltd
Price: $79.99
6 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars backup option over eSata or USB, February 22, 2014
After upgrading my harddrive, I needed to use my old one as a backup disk. This cradle fits your SATA harddrive easily, and turns it into a external disk. It comes both with USB and eSATA cable. eSATA works great with its fast transfer rate. If you have a blue USB 3.0 port on your computer this will also achieve fast speeds. I only have USB 2.0, so it falls back to slower USB speeds, which is not too bad but not very ideal for backing up gigabytes of data. If you don't have eSata port on your computer get the USB-only version which is $10 less.

Pumie Toilet Bowl Ring Remover #TBR-6
Pumie Toilet Bowl Ring Remover #TBR-6
Price: $8.74
26 used & new from $7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, February 15, 2014
We have tried bleach, lemon juice, vinegar, and numerous other cleaning products to get rid of the rings in the toilet bowl. This product is the only one that worked. It did not scratch the bowl. I am guessing each one can be used for about 5-10 times.

Mini Plastic Tasting Spoons And Ice Cream Spoons (Pack with 100 spoons)
Mini Plastic Tasting Spoons And Ice Cream Spoons (Pack with 100 spoons)
Offered by A World Of Deals
Price: $7.43
3 used & new from $7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars one per jar, February 15, 2014
Great for condiments in small jars. We just leave one of these in the jar and forget about it. These will last for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4