Profile for D. Turkmen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Turkmen RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
Price: $28.22
7 used & new from $22.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Every car owner should have one, March 19, 2014
You will never know when your tires will need air. Sure, you can drive to the nearest gas station with your half-flat tire, find a good spot, get some change from the cashier, put some money in, rush around your car to use the inaccurate equipment before the pump timer cuts your air with an evil laugh.

Or, you can simply use this machine at home. Once you plug this in your car's 12V socket, the screen will turn on. At this point it's a pretty good pressure measurement tool. You can change the pressure units by pressing the "M" button. Does it show below the recommended amount? No problem. Adjust the target pressure with + and - buttons, and hit the power button. It will pump it, it will reach the target, it will pump a little bit more, and stop after about 10 seconds. It pumps half KPI extra so that when the little air escapes when you unplug the hose, you end up with the perfect pressure. Best of all, the target pressure is memorized by the machine. It is truly a plug-and-play machine, and very easy to use. I have inflated 10 tires so far. The only annoyance I have is that it rumbles and moves around on a smooth surface when the pump is operational, so I rather hold it in my hand. But, I would rather do that than having to carry a heavy pump around. At this price, it's a very good product.

Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite for Canon Nikon Sony Panasonic Olympus Fujifilm Pentax Sigma Minolta Leica and Other SLR Digital SLR Film SLR Cameras and Digital Cameras with single-contact Hot Shoe
Price: $37.95
21 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Sony NEX-6, March 17, 2014
So I needed a small home studio setup on a budget. Since TTL flashes for Sony are expensive, and the choices were very limited, I opted in for a manual flash. All the recommendations I heard were for Yongnuo 560 II, which I almost ordered until I saw the reviews for this product.

This flash has smaller guide number than Y560, but in my case not a big deal since my subjects are very close to the light and the camera. Its cost is almost half of Yongnuo 560, so I bought 2 of these guys. It comes with a small stand (if you are not attaching to a long stand), and a soft carrying bag. It has a built-in diffuser you can pull out in front of the flash, and a white reflector just above the flash. It uses standard hot shoe, which NEX-6 supports, and gets fired fine in M mode.

The tricky part was however, using two of those in slave mode. In S1 mode, these flashes would fire as soon as the popup flash goes off. My photos, however were darker (as if the flash was flooding darkness instead of light!). It turns out NEX-6 uses a pre-flash which causes these flashes to trigger prematurely and messing up the exposure. One solution would be turning off the pre-flash, but NEX-6 doesn't offer this option. Therefore these flashes has to be used in S2 mode, which ignores the pre-flash.

Long story in short: I learned that the best way to test an external flash is to shoot the flash itself. If you are not seeing a bright flash going off in your picture, then the timing of the flash is off (probably time to change the mode).

The flashes are fine, and pretty powerful for my purpose. I think it's a great deal for this price.

ORICO 6518SUS3 Tool Free USB 3.0 & eSATA 2.5 " & 3.5 "SATA Hard Disk Drive Docking Station External Enclosure for 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch HDD - Black
Offered by Bingo Deal
Price: $29.99
11 used & new from $16.41

5.0 out of 5 stars backup option over eSata or USB, February 22, 2014
After upgrading my harddrive, I needed to use my old one as a backup disk. This cradle fits your SATA harddrive easily, and turns it into a external disk. It comes both with USB and eSATA cable. eSATA works great with its fast transfer rate. If you have a blue USB 3.0 port on your computer this will also achieve fast speeds. I only have USB 2.0, so it falls back to slower USB speeds, which is not too bad but not very ideal for backing up gigabytes of data. If you don't have eSata port on your computer get the USB-only version which is $10 less.

Pumie Toilet Bowl Ring Remover #TBR-6
Pumie Toilet Bowl Ring Remover #TBR-6
Offered by evVive Home
Price: $8.78
28 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, February 15, 2014
We have tried bleach, lemon juice, vinegar, and numerous other cleaning products to get rid of the rings in the toilet bowl. This product is the only one that worked. It did not scratch the bowl. I am guessing each one can be used for about 5-10 times.

Mini Plastic Tasting Spoons And Ice Cream Spoons (Pack with 100 spoons)
Mini Plastic Tasting Spoons And Ice Cream Spoons (Pack with 100 spoons)
Offered by 2dayShip
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars one per jar, February 15, 2014
Great for condiments in small jars. We just leave one of these in the jar and forget about it. These will last for a long time.

Black 30Pin Female To Micro Usb 5P Data Charge Adapter Cable 10Cm for iPad iPhone
Offered by Hidream(8-18 days from China with Tracking)
Price: $4.45
2 used & new from $4.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Converted my car charger, February 3, 2014
I have a car charger with retracting charging cable for older iphones. I did not want to throw it away, so I converted it to a micro USB charger using this converter cable. Now it charges my Nexus 4 fine. I do not know if data part works, no way for me to try. The micro USB end is little thick, it barely fits with the Body Glove cover on. Even though the item was shipped from China, it came fairly quick. It's a decent purchase.

20-Pack Non-OEM Inkjet Combo for PGI-220 CLI-221 Canon Pixma Canon iP3600 iP4600 iP4700 MP560 MP620 MP640 MX860 MP980 ink inkjet cartridges-4BK/4BK/4C/4M/4Y
Offered by MPC Direct
Price: $5.21
33 used & new from $5.21

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 13, 2013
The main reason I bought a Canon printer was to use 3rd party inks like these. Unlike Epson and HP I have never ran into problems with compatible ink cartridges, and they saved me ton of money. I normally buy my inks form Print Country, but I wanted to give this bulk ink package a try since the price was slightly better. My review is based on the comparison of the two. The version I always get from Print Country was individually boxed. This version comes in a bag, just like pictured - all 20 cartridges in one big bag. They are individually wrapped of course, but there is no box. If it saves tress and money, why not. If you need to store each cartridge in their box, then you will need to find another solution. The cartridges' physical quality also seems little bit on the "rushed" side when I put the two of them together. You can see the tiny plastic artifacts, which of course has no effect on the print quality. Other than that, both cartridges look identical. Installation was easy, no recognition issues what so ever. I printed a pattern test, and it came out good. I sometimes print photos at highest quality, and while the boxed ink did a good job with that, I haven't had a chance to print one with these inks. I will update as soon as I do.

Now, I do not know how long will this ink last, I am hoping as long as the boxed one I was using. And I am also hoping its shelf life is long enough to keep them around for a while. Otherwise it wouldn't be much saving.

Anker® 25W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger Travel Power Adapter for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8); Nexus and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $25.99
5 used & new from $17.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Good travel size, charges HP Touchpad. One charger to rule them all!, December 13, 2013
Whenever we travel we bring about 4-5 USB chargers with us for our tablets, phones, and cameras. It's really a pain to carry and manage them. After I lost my HP TouchPad charger during our last trip, I had to look for a better solution. This Anker charger packs everything I need: 5 USB plugs in varying Amp - all in one place. Now I will just need to take one charger with me (and bunch of USB cables *sigh*). It comes with a power cable, not a built-in plug so you can extend it however you want. You can charge the HP Touchpad on USB ports labeled as "iPad", which your Touchpad may complain about not being the official charger. Nexus 4 phone charges OK on "Android" port. Overall it's a well-built, good-looking charger. Use it on your desk, or take it with you on your travels.

Hey, That's My Fish!
Hey, That's My Fish!
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic conversion!, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Hey, That's My Fish! (App)
This is a fantastic conversion of the board game with the same name. The real board game is fun with friends, but it's not as fast to set it up. This digital version lets you play with up to 4 players with any number of human/AI in the mix. Great sound and animation. A must-have.

Blokish
Blokish

4.0 out of 5 stars Great conversion. Must have, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Blokish (App)
Blokus on the go! Great conversion. The only downside is, it is either 4-player or 1-player. You cannot assign AI to any number of players basically.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4