Profile for TravelMod > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 161

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TravelMod RSS Feed (New York, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Gladware Family Size - 3 Pack
Gladware Family Size - 3 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need, January 18, 2015
This review is from: Gladware Family Size - 3 Pack
Perfect size for storing and transporting large family or potluck-sized amounts of food. Can't find this size in my area supermarkets, so willing to pay the premium.

Fringe Dog Lovers 10oz Mugs (Chihuahua)
Fringe Dog Lovers 10oz Mugs (Chihuahua)
Offered by BenTheMonkey
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a mug, people, January 18, 2015
It looks and acts just like a mug with a chihuahua on it.

WD My Passport Portable External Hard Drive Storage, 2TB
WD My Passport Portable External Hard Drive Storage, 2TB
Price: $84.00
44 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I was worried but this got set up and working like a charm, January 18, 2015
I bought it to replace a G Drive Mini, which would occasionally disappear from my device list, and I'd have to restart the Mac and the external drive any number of times until they found each other again.

My Passport was incredibly easy to set up with my older Mac. Screens popped up as soon as I connected the My Passport to my Mac's USB port--I only have a 2.0 port by the way, but the drive is apparently also compatible with a 3.0. It does not require an additional electrical power source, so the only wire is between this device and the computer.
I clicked and dragged as the popup screen told me to. I did the status checks it offered me. Then I went up to the top of my Mac's screen to the ribbon that shows the Time Machine icon, and right clicked, to see Open Time Machine Preferences. Once in there, I made sure the Time Machine switch was in the On position, and then I chose the new My Passport as my preferred backup device. There were a few minutes of "checking capacity" and then the backup started on its own. Edit--April 2015, still seamlessly working, wish I'd purchased this sooner than I did.

Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Foot Cream with Shea Butter, 4 Ounce
Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Foot Cream with Shea Butter, 4 Ounce
Price: $5.98
12 used & new from $5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes care of my sole, January 12, 2015
To quote another reviewer:" I've tried various other foot lotions/creams, and this one is by far the best." Couldn't agree more. My previous favorite was Eucerin foot cream, but this is a better product. Does an outstanding job of softening and moisturizing the soles of the embarrassingly dry and scaly soles of my feet. Made for feet--the best body and hand creams in the world couldn't fix my problem. I had complete success within one week of using. I did help the process along initially by soaking my feet in an Epsom salt solution, and then using the Microplane "Colossal Pedicure Rasp" (available on Amazon) to remove some of the outer layer of dry skin. But since then, my maintenance plan has been by using this foot cream only, and the cream, too, is Colossal, in my book. It's possible the Microplane wasn't necessary in the first place. Absorbs quickly!

Canon PIXMA Color Photo Printer MG5520, Black
Canon PIXMA Color Photo Printer MG5520, Black
Offered by Better Choice Online
Price: $79.85
63 used & new from $50.00

4.0 out of 5 stars What a relief--easy set up!, December 29, 2014
I am using 4 stars because I've only had this device installed for a few days. I haven't used all the features, and I can't speak to longevity. I will speak to the set up for now. The instructional CD that came with the printer would not play on my Mac, so I used online videos on the Canon site. The videos are slow-moving (good), and there are separate videos for unpacking the printer, plugging it in, and installing the ink cartridges-- and then another one for setting up wifi.. The printer quickly found my wifi router, and the printer and my Mac found each other as well. I was sure I wouldn't be able to set this up by myself, but I did, so the instructions must be excellent because I'm not tech hardware-savvy. I've printed a couple of test pages, and all seems fine.After some time passes, I'll probably upgrade the rating to 5 stars.

Domino Brown Sugar Easy Pourable Light Brown 10 Oz (3 Pack)
Domino Brown Sugar Easy Pourable Light Brown 10 Oz (3 Pack)
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $12.60
7 used & new from $11.11

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know why "brownulated" has become so difficult to ..., October 28, 2014
I don't know why "brownulated" has become so difficult to find in supermarkets--I used to see it everywhere. This version is way too expensive for such small containers, but I went for convenience.

STERILITE CORP. 03968604 Ultra Seal 4 pc. Bowl Set
STERILITE CORP. 03968604 Ultra Seal 4 pc. Bowl Set
Offered by Geroy's
Price: $19.24
5 used & new from $19.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and roomy, for feeding a crowd, October 5, 2014
the covers have tight seals with "clamps" which make these great for transporting food.

Reusable Reinforced Handle Grocery Tote Bag Large 10 Pack - Brown
Reusable Reinforced Handle Grocery Tote Bag Large 10 Pack - Brown
Offered by Simply Green Solutions
Price: $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, practical, sturdy, and environmentally-friendly, October 5, 2014
I was looking for paper shopping bags to use as gift bags, and I came across these. They are less-expensive than paper shopping bags, sturdier, roomy, have an insert to keep the bottom flat, come in a choice of colors, are reusable, and so are environmentally-friendly. My guests loved them. I will definitely order these again.

Oregon Fruit Pitted Red Tart Cherries in Water, 14.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 8)
Oregon Fruit Pitted Red Tart Cherries in Water, 14.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 8)
Price: $27.36
14 used & new from $27.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one step down from the fresh fruit, and much easier!, October 5, 2014
I used these for the first time to make an easy cherry topping. With sugar, cornstarch, and a squeeze of lemon juice to add freshness (a bit of almond extract is another option), these make a perfect cherry topping or filling, and not the oversweet and gluey pie filling that comes in a can. I highly recommend this product for those who pride themselves on their baked treats.

Wilton Cake Release
Wilton Cake Release
Price: $6.39
21 used & new from $2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars to quote another reviewer, this stuff is magic!, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Wilton Cake Release (Kitchen)
I won't say it can always replace lining the pan with parchment if the recipe recommends that, but in two cases so far (a quick bread and a cake) I was able to skip the parchment, and the cake/loaf popped right out. I like this better than Baker's Joy, which always looked unappetizingly gloppy to me. This also doesn't leave the flour residue on the bottom of the cake, as I get with greasing and flouring on my own. You don't have the spray going everywhere--it's contained. I squeezed a little into the pan (easy to add a bit more if needed), and used a wadded up piece of paper towel to spread it into the nooks and crannies of the pan, and to remove any excess.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17