Profile for Tetsu Uma > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 130

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tetsu Uma "The 'Iron Horse'" RSS Feed (Illinois Native in Manassas Park, VA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Toyota Tsusho 4TTO18174 8.5-watt LED Light Bulb
Toyota Tsusho 4TTO18174 8.5-watt LED Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent LED Bulb for Downward Facing Fixtures, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking to try an LED bulb in a light fixture hanging over our kitchen island and the Toyota Tsusho 8.5-watt LED Light Bulb did not disappoint. Like all LED bulbs, it is instant-on; unlike CFL bulbs. I found the color of the light provided by the Toyota Tsusho bulb to be indistinguishable from soft white incandescent bulbs and good CFLs and better than some cheap LED bulbs. I know the description says 480 lumens but the brightness seemed comparable to a 60w incandescent bulb. YMMV on that one but that's my observation as it's used in a four bulb fixture. In over a year of use, I've had not problems.

I would like to note that this is a DIRECTIONAL bulb and won't work well in a lamp. The instruction pictographs even indicate this is for downward projecting fixtures.

The Toyota Tsusho 8.5-watt LED light bulb has given me good service thus far and I recommend it.

Belkin Essential 023 Case for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation, 2 Pack (Blacktop/Clear)
Offered by SteelCityGame
Price: $3.51
16 used & new from $2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soft Case for 4th Gen iPod Touch, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got the Belkin Essential case to replace a two-piece hard case and I am quite satisfied. The fit is exceptional and all the holes align with the connector, headphone jack, and photo lens. The soft rubber makes the case easy to install and to remove and gives good grip as well. It also provides a degree of protection from drops and scratches . The only negatives are minor; the rubber sometimes gets dusty and because it is so grippy, it is hard to slide into the electronics pocket on my briefcase. See, I told you they were minor. I suppose that if you really abused it, the rubber would tear but mine is still going strong after more than a year. Oh, and did you notice the price?

My Belkin Essential case continues to give me great service and if you are not looking for a hard case, I recommend it.

Amzer AMZ95216 TPU Hybrid Skin Fit Case Cover for Sony Xperia J ST26i  - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging
Amzer AMZ95216 TPU Hybrid Skin Fit Case Cover for Sony Xperia J ST26i - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging
Price: $6.03
5 used & new from $5.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection for Your Xperia Phone, November 6, 2013
It fits all right but it is a little rigid which causes problems with using the buttons on the side. It does protect the phone so overall it does a good job.

Amico Suction Cup Fixed Wide Angle Rear View Blind Spot Parking Mirror for Car
Amico Suction Cup Fixed Wide Angle Rear View Blind Spot Parking Mirror for Car
Offered by uxcell
Price: $8.27

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible - Don't Waste Your Money!, July 14, 2013
I am terribly disappointed with this blind spot mirror. The rubber on the suction cup is rough and doesn't stay attached. What's worse, the mounting arm vibrates terribly and you can't see anything. It is basically useless. I wish I could give it zero stars.

Avery Ready Index Table of Contents Dividers, 5-Tab, Multi-Color, 6 Sets (11187)
Price: $9.18
39 used & new from $3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Dividers - Really Make a Presentation Pop!, March 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Avery Ready Index Table of Contents Dividers are an easy way to add an extra level of sophistication to a report or presentation. The inkjet or LASER printer compatible table of contents page has colored segments with corresponding tabbed sheets for each section. The tabs are plastic coated so they do not get folded over and seem durable. The colors really stand out and make finding the individual sections easy. The only thing I would want is the ability to add my own words to the tabs, rather than just having numbers.

As someone who reads a lot of reports and presentations, I recommend Avery Ready Index Table of Contents Dividers for students and those in a professional environment. These make your work easier to read and make your work more presentable.

PB Crave Peanut Butter, Razzle Dazzle Premium, 16 Ounce
PB Crave Peanut Butter, Razzle Dazzle Premium, 16 Ounce
Price: $8.98
5 used & new from $8.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Taste Overload, March 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love peanut butter and have been a peanut butter aficionado for more than 40 years, all my life really. So much so that I thought peanut butter was a food group. When I saw PB Crave Razzle Dazzle Peanut Butter with the honey, dark chocolate, white cocoa butter drops, and raspberry flavors, I thought, "This I must try." I mean, I like honey, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and raspberry. What would be the results of combining them?

My impressions: I noticed immediatly upon opening that it hadn't separated like some of the other all natural peanut butters which was nice. The other thing noticed the first time I tried it that PB Crave Razzle Dazzle Peanut Butter is really thick. This is not spreadable in the out-of-the-jar form. You kind of have to just lump it on and mash it out. As for taste, it has a good but not sweet peanut butter flavor I associate with "craft" style peanut butter. The raspberry and the dark chocolate really stood out. I didn't get the white cocoa butter very much and the honey was kind of like a solid foundation. The raspberry flavor has a stick-to-your-mouth quality. Even 15-20 minutes after finishing, I could still taste the raspberry in my mouth. It was really good on fresh toast so it would melt together.

Overall, I liked PB Crave Razzle Dazzle Peanut Butter and may buy it again as a change of pace. What I am wondering now is, "How would it be to make peanut butter cookies with this?"

iHome iHM78 Rechargeable Mini Speakers (Translucent Gunmetal Gray)
iHome iHM78 Rechargeable Mini Speakers (Translucent Gunmetal Gray)
Offered by GEMSTOP
Price: $21.99
32 used & new from $17.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound for the Size and Price, January 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I saw the iHome iHM78 Rechargeable Mini Speakers and I admit, I was skeptical at first. Then I tried them and they have pretty good sound for their size and price. Each speaker unit has a spring inside that increases the volume of the enclosure which, as I understand it, give more bass. When not in use, they spring is compressed and the top and bottom portions lock together. Then, the two individual speaker are held together magnetically at the bottom. Together, the two speakers are less than 3.5" tall and about 2" in diameter for compact storage in the included cloth storage bag. The included cable provides both a USB connection for recharging and a 3.5mm plug that goes into the headphone jack on your music player. (Note - the USB mini B plug provides both power and sound to the left [master] speaker. Don't lose the cord or you won't be able to use the speakers.) There is no AC in and they can only be recharged via USB. The only real downside to these speakers is that they are not magnetically shielded. I don't know how big a deal that is with flat screen monitors but as a computer user going back to the Apple 2e days, I was always told to keep magnets away from computer equipment. Maybe not a problem but something to be aware of.

For the price and considering the small size, these are pretty good speakers. The are compact, easy to carry with you, and they give good sound. Recommended.

Higgins & Burke Tea, Green, 20-Count (Pack of 6)
Higgins & Burke Tea, Green, 20-Count (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good, Light Green Tea, January 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I found the Higgins & Burke Green Tea to be a nice, light green tea. Ingrendents include green tea, lemon grass, lemon balm herb, and verbena leaves. When I make green tea, I tend to let it steep too long in too hot water but even so, I found the flavor to be smooth. I didn't find the lemon grass flaver in this product to be overpowering but rather just giving a hint of something more. While I only tried this as hot tea, I bet it would make excellent iced green tea. Next, I will have to get my wife, who is Japanese, to weigh in on the taste.

I enjoyed Higgins & Burke Green Tea and recommend it.

Panasonic ES-SL41-S 3 Blade Men's Electric Razor Wet/Dry with Pop-up Trimmer, Silver
Price: $53.48
40 used & new from $47.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shaver for Use in the Shower, January 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like to shave in the shower. The hot water and steam helps get your beard soft and standing up. When I shave with a blade, it's in the shower with some lathered soap and I get a great shave. The thing is, I ususally shave with a rotary electric. Now, with the Panasonic ES-SL41-S electric shaver, I can bring electric shave convenience into the shower. When I first tried the unit dry and harkening back to my days using a Remington foil shaver, I didn't think it gave me a close shave but since it is wet/dry, I decided to give it a try in the shower. The nice thing about using a wet/dry electric shaver in the shower is that you can use your regular soap or gel so I lathered up and gave the ES-SL41-S another try. When I tried it wet, it felt like it wasn't cutting as close as my rotary electric but when I got out of the shower, it felt like I had a nice, close shave. That's when I realized that my beard had been standing up when I was in the shower and after the shower, it laid down and felt smooth.

PRO
Good shave wet or in the shower
Unit comes with a nice storage/recharging stand
Easy clean up
Basic pop up trimmer for beards or sideburns

Now for the down side. It still didn't feel like it shaved as close as my rotary electric.

CON
Did not shave as close as my rotary
Doesn't work as well dry as it does wet

Overall, I like this unit. I continue to use it from time to time and recommend it to people who like to shave wet or in the shower but want the convenience (and no nicks) of an electric.

Panasonic ER-GN25VP Ladies Discrete Hair Trimmer
Panasonic ER-GN25VP Ladies Discrete Hair Trimmer
Price: $21.99
20 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Trimmer, November 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Panasonic ER-GN25VP Beauty Line Ladies Precision Facial Hair Trimmer is a powerful yet gentle rotary trimmer that allows you get fine hairs. The unit is about the size of a large pen and uses one AAA battery. I personally use the Panasonic ER-GN30-K facial hair trimmer that uses an AA battery and was worried about the power of the ER-GN25VP but found that it even cut my coarse hair without pulling. After my initial testing, I turned the unit over to my wife and she loves it for the ease of use and gentle trimming. She even showed it to women in her church group and now they want one as well. Clean up is simple, just take the cutter out and rinse it off.

Overall, the Panasonic ER-GN25VP Beauty Line Ladies Precision Facial Hair Trimmer is a great trimmer, gentle enough for the ladies but strong enough to cut mens' coarse facial hair. I recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13