Profile for Btbluesky > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Btbluesky RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Sans Digital Multiplier Storage Enclosure (ST-SAN-TR8M6G)
Sans Digital Multiplier Storage Enclosure (ST-SAN-TR8M6G)
Price: $366.63
6 used & new from $329.20

1.0 out of 5 stars site is down., May 24, 2014
Its May 24th 2:40pm PST. After putting the raid in and setting up the unit. my computer refused to boot with unit on. so I make sure its down and reboot into windows, and try installing driver. Went to their website,driver and new bios download links doesn't work.
If a hardware company cannot even keep a static website up and running (a $20 hosting + a MIS college intern would suffice), it put doubts about their product for me.
now I cannot do anything but wait
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 1:43 PM PDT

Hygrometer Thermometer Quiet Wall Clock - 12-inch Round Reddish Pink
Hygrometer Thermometer Quiet Wall Clock - 12-inch Round Reddish Pink
Offered by JustNile
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap cheap cheap, and not the price, February 14, 2014
I got a different style Hygrometer Thermometer clock from this seller. Reason I get this was because of the phrase "ultra silent" since I really cannot stand the ticking sound.
Package comes in with chinese writing all over a filmsy paper box. Picked it up, it's the lightest cheap plastic all over, very low quality everywhere. I put in the AA, the clock started clicking loudly, and yet, the second hand is stuck.
Frankly this product needs to be gone. A loud clock that don't keep time...talk about the most useless item ever.

Slim Cigarette Filters
Slim Cigarette Filters
Offered by Venturi
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for 7.5mm Dunhill fine cut, January 12, 2014
After looking for sometime, I found the dunhill fine cut to be great tasting. Just a bit stronger than I'd want to, plus its non standard, slimmer kind of cigarette. This fit perfectly.
The included filter, 1 or 2 of them have some misaligned defects and whatnot, but for this price, it's a no-brainer, will get it when run out.

TRENDnet 500 Mbps Powerline Ethernet AV Adapter Kit TPL-401E2K (White)
TRENDnet 500 Mbps Powerline Ethernet AV Adapter Kit TPL-401E2K (White)
Price: $99.73
3 used & new from $69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Adapter hangs when there is high traffic, October 21, 2013
I have been using this set for over 1 year. And like others, initially it works great. The speed (in my house's circuit) is great, and distance is a non-issue. Problem happens when I started setting up a nightly backup job. Whenever the backup job has a large backup sync, and the traffic between the two adapter max out for an extended period of time. The adapter hands on either or both side.
All the light goes solid, no activities. The side that don't connect to the router, cannot access network at all. Have to unplug and plug it back in, and then it works.
Imagine if you have to do that every morning after a nightly job. Unacceptable.
I very much doubt it's still in warranty, so I'll be looking for another solution/brand.

Swiss Watch International 21 MM Bone Genuine Ostrich Strap 21OS05M
Swiss Watch International 21 MM Bone Genuine Ostrich Strap 21OS05M
Price: $42.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's as advertise...., August 20, 2013
I received exactly as shown, the color and everything seems fine. except to my own mistake. This color of strap makes my watch looks like a girly watch instead of a dressy one.
I have since ordered the much darker color one from the same company, at a discount at other website.
also, this strap is 21mm X18mm, the buckle end is 18mm. product description failed to mentioned that. (I just took a chance to order it, hoping its 18mm, it is)

Panasonic VIERA TC-L47E50 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV
Panasonic VIERA TC-L47E50 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 things:IPS Picture quality, and Motion Picture Setting..., April 22, 2012
As a programmer and a gamer, I have my share of expensive monitors (just ask my wife!). And the regular LCD TV never satisfy my quality standard; colors are either too cartonish, black is not black, and white is tinted blue. So I have only used plasma as TV. It's warm, have rich real color, it's perfect for movie night, there is no argument there.

So for my second TV, which in my study and music room, I want to try something else, since I keep hearing the LED LCD are the bomb nowaday (even most of them still do not look as life like as good plasma to me), the energy usage is low, thin and light. So I try my first LED LCD with this model after researching the latest 2012 models within my "2nd tv" price range.

Sales person kept pushing LG (got magic wand, apps, thin bezel.....), but for me, IPS is the magic word. For people who do not know what it is just google "IPS panel", if no time, just know this, IPS is supposedly the best panel you can get as LCD panel (I believe all big Apple monitors are IPS, no exception), color is more vivid and the view angle should be a perfect 178.

Got the baby home, set it up, hook up to my 15TB home server w/ HDMI, play some 1080p clips. Wow, it's so clear and real looking, this is some great monitor/TV I told myself. Flipped to the movies folder, open Avatar, wow, so this is 120hz, looking real smooth, real clear.

IN FACT, it's so real and clear, I double check my refresh rate (at 60hz from source) all the codecs. The images looks like a pre-rendered animation, totally flawless. But after the first 5 minutes, it feels kind of weird to me as the movie somehow look much smoother, but "cheaper" at the same time. Then I remember the stuff I heard....soap opera effect.

I never consider my eyes to be sensitive in any case (if anything, years of looking at multi 27" monitor should have desensitized me...), so whenever I heard SOE, I'd just brush it off as some people's sensitive eyes. IT'S NOT, it's very much noticeable to anyone, albeit some people just don't care about it when watching movies in the first place. In 300, all the grains are gone! Now it's really looking like animation, watching them fighting the monsters.

By now, 2 hours after I unpacked it, I'm panicking and start looking at all the menu items. After much google, some site suggested to use Game mode, so the TV wouldn't add additional frames by itself to smooth out the frames. BINGO, the movies are looking absolutely stunning, got the good colors, no bleeding, black is pretty black (not as black as the best plasma...but blacker than most mid price monitors out there, which is a tall order for this size and price). So I open up some calibration graphic test for monitor and tune it abit, I'm pretty much set -- happy.

BTW I have not try any apps in there, but I tested the iphone app remote, works great.

So to sum it up, if you just want picture quality with a good price in a LED LCD, not gimmicks like 3D, apps, hair thin bezel, this is it.

Make sure you understand the usage of GAME MODE, tune the brightness/contrast/color to watch movie, and use all the other ones for TV, personal videos, then it's good. OTOH, if the SOE do not bother you, doesn't matter then. The color and contrast will win you over in no time.

Edit:
Thanks to helpful reply, the setting to turn off the SOE is under Advance Picture->Motion Picture Setting. Good stuff.
Comment Comments (79) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 1:33 AM PST

Cables Unlimited AUD-6000 Universal AC/DC Power Adapter (Black)
Cables Unlimited AUD-6000 Universal AC/DC Power Adapter (Black)
Offered by Wholesale Cables
Price: $14.50
6 used & new from $9.45

1.0 out of 5 stars It dies in 4 days., August 30, 2011
Have it plugged in to a devices that's using the 9v battery plug overnight. In the morning, the device is fine, the adapter is dead.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars nicout vs magic 25, August 8, 2011
This filter works okay, however the quality is abit less than magic 25 (google it), I have used both, and even though it has 6 holes vs 4 for magic25, I feel like the construction is not as good as m25. It does have higher flow, but doesn't capture as much tar as the m25 (as least to my non scientific observation).
And some of the filters the yellow plastic piece inside are not align correctly, rendering it non effective.
I'll be sticking with magic 25 from now on.

Super Talent Pico-C Nickel 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive STU32GPCN
Super Talent Pico-C Nickel 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive STU32GPCN
Offered by LLYtech
Price: $22.99
15 used & new from $21.00

1.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of useless junk, March 28, 2011
I don't normally write review. But this time I'm morally obligated to do so.

As a programmer, I need a good keychain drive. I'm transferring files right this moment as I type with a brand new 32GB pico. "130kB/sec write"....what a joke. This piece of junk is so slow, I blame myself getting tricked by the physical size. What good is a small USB thumb drive, if you have to wait for 30 mins for transfer some files. My regular size USB drive is hitting 12-15mb write speed.
I urge you to reconsider if this is your choice, because I think strapping floppy disks on pigeons would be fast than this drive.

And please don't ask if I have set it up correctly whatnot....Using the latest windows 7 x64. Tested both with linux, to the dismal result. Tried with diff cluster format size as well, same result, NEVER go above 1MB write speed.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2011 11:05 PM PDT

Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter for Windows, Multiple Monitors up to 2048x1152 / 1920x1200 Each (DisplayLink DL-195 Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $49.95
5 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as advertised!, January 19, 2011
Ususally these type of product don't really work as advertised. This time it works great. Got my laptop with 2 more LCD on Win 7 x64, no problem with the driver (from displaylink chipset manufacturer website directly). No hassle, conn and work!. If I even need to, I'd get couple more just to link them all up for show, but right now I already got more space then I need.

Page: 1 | 2