Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for solidrock > Reviews

Browse

solidrock's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

solidrock RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Best of Flying Burrito Brothers
The Best of Flying Burrito Brothers
Price: $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This album title is flat out false advertising., May 3, 2016
First and foremost: this is NOT the best of the flying burrito brothers. It is not "The best of" any incarnation of FBB.

The first/classic/most famous incarnation of this band had nothing to do with this music.
The second incarnation didn't really have much to do with this music either.

This *IS* a collection of demos from the 1979-1980 era of songs that wound up on the early 80's releases by the Burrito Brothers. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I assure you that this isn't for you. If you do know what I'm talking about then I'll explain why it gets two stars instead of one: The Hearts on the Line versions of some of these songs had the contributions of sole original members Sneaky Pete turned way down in the mix. In many of these demo versions you can actually hear Sneaky's steel guitar soaring over the songs as you would be used to on any other FBB release. This release is really only for those interested in the long and winding story of the band following Gram Parsons' dismissal 9 years prior to its recording. It serves as the missing link between the rather tight touring lineup on Live In Tokyo and the pop country drivel on Hearts on the Line.

Best Of Burrito Brothers
Best Of Burrito Brothers
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Click literally any other Burrito brothers link that may be on your screen right now., April 19, 2016
I'm far from one of the people who dismisses any "non Gram" Burrito Brothers output but this is some pretty mediocre stuff. It's decent enough pop-country from the early 80's but you have to really try to find any of the traces of the Flying Burrito Brothers that the people recording this music must have felt to warrant not putting it out under a different name. Sole original member, Sneaky Pete, is turned down so low in the mix that he's hard to spot a lot of the times and there isn't any of the effects on his steel guitar that is sort of what makes the burritos "The Burritos" in my opinion.

If you're a collector or just curious then give it a listen. You're better off with literally any other era of the band or its various spinoffs, though.

Born On Fire
Born On Fire
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it would be impossible to pick a favorite Ike Reilly album but I could at least say ..., July 24, 2015
This review is from: Born On Fire (MP3 Music)
I think it would be impossible to pick a favorite Ike Reilly album but I could at least say that this one is just as good as all of the other ones. A lot of standout tracks: A Job Like That, Hangin Around, Notes from Denver International Airport and the closing track Paradise Lane. If you're reading this it means you're considering buying it-- No way you'll be disappointed.

Ghost Notes
Ghost Notes
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Right where they left off., July 24, 2015
This review is from: Ghost Notes (MP3 Music)
Not much to say that hasn't been said in countless articles and other reviews-- This group has its original members and have given us an album every bit as good as their other albums. A lot of "reunion" albums fail to rekindle the old magic but this doesn't sound like a reunion album. It just sounds like they took a seriously long time to put out a followup to Eight Arms To Hold You.

There's a decent mix of both Nina and Louise on vocals, so no matter which one is your favorite (anyone who is honest has a favorite) you will be satisfied. Both have their voices in tact just like they did in their 20's.

One thing nobody ever mentions is Jim Shapiro. His solid but never boring style is all over this record. He doesn't get enough credit for their sound.

The Museum of Broken Relationships
The Museum of Broken Relationships
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hatchets buried, axes exhumed!, July 19, 2014
So glad to have them back! This song and their other new song "It's Holy" are must-have tracks for any VS fans.

40/29 News - news, weather
40/29 News - news, weather
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on BlackBerry, February 12, 2014
This review is from: 40/29 News - news, weather (App)
Using this on my BlackBerry z10 and it works great. They should just go ahead and submit it to BlackBerry World for easier access to it.

Close Encounters of the West Coast
Close Encounters of the West Coast

5.0 out of 5 stars Best live album by any incarnation, February 12, 2014
While this is far from a legit lineup of the FBB, it is by far their best live album. The performance is good and it is recorded well. I'd rather listen to this than the rather awful sounding live albums with Gram Parsons.

Plugable UD-3900 USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station with Dual Video Outputs for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, & XP (HDMI and DVI / VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports, 20W Power Adapter)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $94.95
37 used & new from $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Surface Pro, February 12, 2014
I needed a solution for my Surface Pro. I wanted to be able to use my two big monitors at work. I had to buy an additional HDRM to DVI cable to make it work but it works flawlessly. After reading some of the reviews I was afraid it would appear to delay or lag but that is not the case. It works exactly as intended. I'm not sure how it would do if I tried running a high end game but at the same time, I don't really do that type of thing on my surface anyway. It will play videos fine though.

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse (H3S-00003)
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse (H3S-00003)
Price: $19.99
149 used & new from $8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars This mouse is is awesome, October 4, 2013
I read a couple bad reviews and a couple good reviews about this when I bought mine but I rolled the dice and got one since I needed one and it wasn't that expensive. The bad reviews were dead wrong. One said the battery life was bad. I use mine every day at work and I am still on the original battery. I've had mine for over a month so I don't know what kind of expectations they had. I thought I was going to be changing them once a week. I get free batteries at work so I didn't really care but still. I read the connectivity was bad. I will admit every once in a while it will do this thing where it disconnects and I have to fiddle with it to make it work again. But I won't claim that it's any more hassle than every other electronic device ever. Some people are just whiny. I've also connected it to my BlackBerry Playbook and a Bluetooth dongle I have on my HTPC and both work fine.

The whole reason I'm writing this review is I'm returning to amazon to buy two more of these, one to keep at work, one to keep in the living room for the HTPC, and one for my home PC. Read the good reviews. Ignore the bad ones.

Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Microphone (Black) - Retail Packaging
Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Microphone (Black) - Retail Packaging
Offered by Telecom Factory
Price: $21.79
31 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love these!, June 18, 2013
I got these to replace my Motorola S9HD which stopped being able to charge because the charging port came loose. They sounded ok but got really uncomfortable after about an hour.

These sound phenomenal and comfortable enough to wear or hours on end. I was worried that a few reviews said that they didn't go well if you have a larger head. I think mine is bigger than average and it fits fine. I wear them primarily in an office environment so I don't know how well they do outside. But call clarity is good on them.

I have it paired with my BlackBerry Z10 and it controls the music perfectly. Pushing the call button loads the Z10's voice control so I can do roughly anything on my phone using this headset. I cannot recommend it enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3