Profile for G. Bainer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Bainer RSS Feed (Laurel, MD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TiVo Roamio HD Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player (TCD846500)
TiVo Roamio HD Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player (TCD846500)
Price: $149.00
22 used & new from $140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry I didn't get a Tivo much earlier!, December 14, 2014
When my Comcast DVR died, I went to Comcast to get another one, and came home with a refurbished DVR, that did not even work...I had read and heard about Tivo, and had had it with the Comcast refurbished stuff, so I went and got a Roamio.

Best thing I have spent money on in a long, long time! I would have, and should have done this a lot sooner! I love everything about the Tivo Roamio, and it was not even that expensive.

About the only problem I have now, is finding enough time to watch all my recordings! I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to replace the junkie rental DVR's from the cable company. It's one heck of an improvement over those, that is for sure!

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Price: $399.00
261 used & new from $349.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new PS4!, April 9, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
Sony did not disappoint with the newest console...I love pretty much everything about it, but if one thing stands out, it's the major improvement of the controller. It is a vast improvement on the Dual Shock 3. The light is a bit weird, but I understand it has a purpose, as it can be used something like the PS move controller in some applications. Otherwise, the controller is pretty much perfect.

The console itself is amazing, looks sleek, it's powerful, and quiet. The next gen games look great, and they will just get better as the developers gain more experience with the new system.

Sure, it could use some more games, and features (I'd like to see 3D Blu-ray, for example), but such is the price of being an early adopter, have to be patient. But I think it's fun to "grow" with the console, and it's upcoming updates, and features, improvements, etc...

The only other thing I'll add is, based on previous history/consoles, Sony tends to make the highest quality hardware on the first
versions, which is why I wanted to get in early. Think about the first (fat) PS3, compared to the latest version...same thing with the PSP, and now, the PS Vita. In all those cases, the original consoles were traditionally the best built, then, in later versions, Sony tends to cut build costs (and quality, in my opinion).

KAYSCASE Slim Soft Gel Smart Cover Compatible Back Cover Case for iPad Mini/iPad Mini Retina Display 2013 ( Frost Clear)
Offered by Kay's Technology
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Was Looking For!, January 23, 2013
This case for iPad mini was almost exactly what I was looking for, the only reason it's not perfect for my use is the cutout for the smart cover, which I don't have, or intend to use.

All I wanted in a case was that it be TPU, clear, light, have good grip, and well fitting. This case does all that very well. And, the price is certainly right.

The case is made of TPU, the kind of silicone that is extremely grippy (even though it's very smooth, non-textured) for a nice one-handed grip, feels secure in one hand, since the grip of the TPU Is very good.

I don't know about the fit with a smart cover, that seems to be an issue with the early ones, so you may want to investigate that further.

The case is nearly 100% clear, so you still get the great good looks of the iPad Mini and the Apple logo on the back.

If your needs are like mine, I would highly recommend this cover, I am very satisfied with it for my use!

Alan Simpson's Windows XP Bible
Alan Simpson's Windows XP Bible
by Alan Simpson
92 used & new from $0.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference for the XP User, January 23, 2013
I found this book to be a great help in repairing older PC's at work. I switched to Windows 7 a couple of years ago, and needed a refresher on the company's older XP machines.

This book helped a lot, lots of great info and tips on the older Microsoft O.S.

Not to mention I got a used copy, sure saved a ton that way as well!

HIghly recommended to get info on older PC's running XP!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement Back!, January 23, 2013
This battery door/back is outstanding quality, OEM in fact. FIt is perfect, and the look is exactly like the original AT&T back except for no AT&T logo, which I think is much cleaner (although to AT&T's credit, their small logo on the Note 2 is much better than Verizon's horrible logo on the home button!

HIghly recommended, I bought it so I could set my OEM AT&T back aside, for better resale value later on (will have a brand new back cover when resold).

Fits the AT&T version of Note 2 fine, even though the description is for the N7100.

Belkin Grip Vue Case for Apple iPad 1 (Clear)
Belkin Grip Vue Case for Apple iPad 1 (Clear)
Offered by On The House
Price: $6.99
26 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great original iPad case, with one exception..., May 14, 2011
I love this case, it's my second one...

They fit great, offer really nice protection to the back of the iPad, and still allow complete access to all the controls. But, the main reason I bought the second one was twofold; number one, I think Belkin will probably stop production of these once the iPad 2 is in good supply, and number 2, my original one is turning yellow, as others have found out.

The yellowing is not a super big issue, but it kinda ruins the point of having a nice, clear case. When new, you can hardly even tell the iPad is in any kind of case, it fits and looks that great.

It is also very "grippy" and makes the iPad much less likely to slip out of your hand. I like the look of the iPad without a case, but the aluminum back would surely get scratched on surfaces you set it down on.

So I wanted to get another before I can't get new ones any more. This new one is nice and clear, and looks great. Seems like it takes about a year for them to fade/turn colors.

If it were not for the color change/fade, I'd definitely give it a 5 star rating.

I hope Belkin continues to make this case, but somehow I doubt it. Might want to grab them while they are still available if you think you'd like one.

The price and shipping from Amazon's supplier were great, got it in 2 days, perfect condition.

Stant 12027 Radiator Cooling System Tester Adapter
Stant 12027 Radiator Cooling System Tester Adapter
Price: $19.39
36 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter for the price, February 23, 2011
I was sort of hesitant to purchase this, as it will be used professionally in a shop, and most of the stant adapters are much more expensive and robust, but so far this has worked out very well.

It gets occasional use on a variety of cooling systems, and has worked quite well.

It's a bit diffent than the chrome/metal variety that have a fixed sealing system, this has more of a floating insert, that is a bit awkward at first. Once you get it down though, it's pretty easy to use and does a great job, considering it costs about 1/3 what the heavy duty old style metal Stant adapters do.

Overall, I would highly recommend it for the occasional user. I would be careful to check the application though, it seems some have found that it does not fit their vehicle.

Sunex 3358 3/8-Inch Drive Standard Metric Socket Impact Set, 13-Piece
Sunex 3358 3/8-Inch Drive Standard Metric Socket Impact Set, 13-Piece
Price: $27.25
19 used & new from $21.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set, would buy another!, February 23, 2011
I wasn't sure about the quality of these sockets, as I had heard very little about the Sunex brand.

However, I have been very happy with them, they seem to be very high quality, and the size markings are very easy to read, and seem very durable.

They have stood up to anything I have put to them, impact wrenches and all, and no problems.

I would buy them all over again!

Pro Grade 8 Piece Hex Shank Magnetic Power Nut Setters Metric
Pro Grade 8 Piece Hex Shank Magnetic Power Nut Setters Metric
Offered by eToolscity
Price: $10.98
10 used & new from $6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely exceeded my expectations, February 23, 2011
I didn't expect a whole lot from these by looking at the pictures, and the price.

I have been very pleasantly surprised however, as these have proven to be not only very useful, but also very durable as well.

I work in an auto shop, and the 10mm especially has seen very heavy useage, and is holding up just great.

Highly recommeded for the price. The magnetic inserts are plenty strong, and have not worked loose or fallen out.

Overall, I would definitely buy these again!

DEWALT DC800KL 36-Volt 1/2-inch Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Wrench Kit with NANO Technology
Price: $514.37
11 used & new from $429.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to expectations, not automotive oriented, February 23, 2011
I really wanted to like this impact, and keep it for daily use in an auto shop environment....but it just didn't work out.

Number one was it does not seem to have the advertised torque capacity, I use Accutorq torque sticks on auto lug nuts, and this would not even get them torqued to 80 ft.lbs, where as my pneumatic

1/2 inch impact had no problems, was very disappointed with the power output, especially considering it's specs and being a 36 volt LiIon powered device.

Next deal breaker for me, and it may not be for some, is the socket retaining pin...it's a spring loaded PIN, which positively locks in the hole on an impact socket...you don't have to worry about the socket flying off, that is for sure...but in order to remove the socket, you have to manually depress the pin with a small screwdriver, punch, etc....not too good for changing sockets around in the middle of a complex job.

Lastly, I just plain did not care for the rocker style forward/backward power switch...and switch is the word...no varible speed here, it's either on or off....another less than ideal situation for automotive work.

I think this impact is more geared towards the construction trade, and if that is what you are using it for, it may very well be great. I just did not find it very appropriate for my application.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2013 11:21 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3