Profile for Harry C. Riley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Harry C. Riley RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Thief
Thief
Price: $14.99
103 used & new from $7.49

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have listened to YOU ALL!!!!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Thief (Video Game)
I love the old Thief! If I had not played the last theif on the xbox 360 I would never have known how sorry this game was. Many of you have said it better but here is my spill. The plot sucked, the freedom of movement sucked. The way the game was hiped up I thought the freedom would be better than assassins creed, but it played like an intendo game. The multiplayer is useless. IF the producer wanted to make a half way decent Thief game all they would have had to do is upgrade and improve the the last version of Theif.

So I will say it, this is a total waste of money, do not buy allow to die!

The New Rules of Lifting for Abs: A Myth-Busting Fitness Plan for Men and Women who Want a Strong Core and a Pain- Free Back
by Lou Schuler
Price: $14.35
58 used & new from $6.34

2.0 out of 5 stars This Book Could have been Better, March 19, 2013
I will start with what I liked about the book. The Book was well put together and it looked good. It really appeared to be worth the money. I read the book from the front to the back and I have to admit the author was honest and I really like his writing style.

My issue is not with the book itself it is really about the information. For a book of this price and caliber, in this day and age, the authors could have done better in doing and presenting the scientific research to support the claims laid out through out the book. For example the information presented concerning pushups and sit-ups, the author hinted at what other excercise books stated and then supported that with statements like "a lot of health experts say or do". What I am basically trying to say is a lot of the information contained in this book offers misconception about excercise that is unsupported. I believe with a little more scientific research and input form the "scientific" community this book could have been the best book on the market hands down.

I believe a lot of the reviewers here did not read the book straight through.

Uriel's Machine: Uncovering the Secrets of Stonehenge, Noah's Flood and the Dawn of Civilization
by Robert Lomas
65 used & new from $1.00

2.0 out of 5 stars White Supremacy?, February 14, 2013
I have generally enjoyed Robert Lomas books. I have to admit this has to be the boldest attempt an author to paint ancient Egyptian white. This book reminds me of the turn of the centuary archeologist who would say "nothing originated out of Africa, it must have been the Greeks who gave them their knowledge". But even worst the Druids giving someone knowledge to build civilization? To even suggest that anything British or European are the twelve tribes of Israel are the founders of ancient civilization is a cruel, insensitive joke.

I give it an extra star for it being a good read.

Carpentry & Building Construction, Student Text
Carpentry & Building Construction, Student Text
by Mark Feirer
Price: $99.32
40 used & new from $43.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Text book, October 11, 2011
This Text book on construction was very good. I actually bought it to supplement the text book used in a course I am taking and I found it to explain difficult concepts better (like steel construction). I recomend this to any one needing a good text book on construction.

Boy's Gabardine Lace-up Shoe (Size 4/White)
Boy's Gabardine Lace-up Shoe (Size 4/White)
Offered by Christening Day
Price: $16.89
2 used & new from $16.89

1.0 out of 5 stars This shoe, October 11, 2011
This shoe was good for the price. But it promotes over pronation and affects the natural development of my child's feet.

The Unofficial United Methodist Handbook
The Unofficial United Methodist Handbook
by F. Belton Jr. Joiner
23 used & new from $10.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, October 11, 2011
I enjoyed this read and thought it to be very infromative of the United Methodist Church. Yes! I also enjoyed the author's humor. I reccomend this book to any one seeking information on the United Methodist Church.

Critical Thinkers for Islamic Reform
Critical Thinkers for Islamic Reform
by Edip Yüksel
Price: $15.84
37 used & new from $7.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the book, October 11, 2011
This book did a good job in presenting his view of Islam and the Holy Quran. The author has a view much like my owneven though our backgrounds are defferent. I would like to see a place where more of us share our opinion, a place where we could share our thoughts and worship together.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 12:17 AM PDT

Carpentry 5th Edition
Carpentry 5th Edition
by Leonard Koel
28 used & new from $74.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Carpentry book, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Carpentry 5th Edition (Hardcover)
Many have said it better than me that is why I bought this book. This is one of the best book to have. It is easy to read and has very good technical information. Illustrations are great!

Hand Tools: Their Ways and Workings
Hand Tools: Their Ways and Workings
by Aldren Auld Watson
Price: $19.13
79 used & new from $13.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Understanding, October 11, 2011
If you are a new woodworker and you need a clear understanding of tools and what they are used for, than this book is for you.
There were a lot of things I thought I knew about wood working tools and things I thought could not be done without the use of machines. This book will give you the information you need to stock your new woodshop with the neccessary tools and use every tool to its full potential. A good book to have.

I have to add I can not wait for the author to come out with a version with color photos and more technical pictures.

Happy Birthday From Sesame Street
Happy Birthday From Sesame Street
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I am tired of this CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, October 4, 2011
I have listened to this CD everyday for the last year! My children demand this CD gets play in the car. Your kids will get hooked so beware!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5