Profile for H. Jonathan K. Park > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Jonathan K. Park RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Offered by Brainstorm LLC
Price: Click here to see our price
44 used & new from $151.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wifi thermostat!, September 17, 2014
Works great. Installation was relatively simple having read the enclosed instructions and watching a few YouTube videos on installation. Since my existing thermostat was also a Honeywell, the old thermostat wiring placement was almost identical to the Honeywell Wifi thermostat. So I lucked out. After I made all the necessary wiring connections and then turning back on the power switch to my AC I was disappointed when the Honeywell stated "waiting for device" under STATUS (located in bottom left side of the home screen) for what I thought was a long time. I thought I did something wrong with the wiring connections. But about 10 minutes later the Honeywell apparently connected with my AC and the cool air started to flow. This delay in connecting was a surprise to me because with my old non-wifi Honeywell thermostat, the cool air would flow almost instantly after installing. This is a very minor detail so I'm still giving this 5 stars. After setting up the wifi in the Honeywell to my home network, I then downloaded the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort app to my iPhone and I was able to control my Honeywell thermostat remotely.

PRO's:
1] Relatively easy installation after reading the instructions and watching a few YouTube videos on installation. Took about 10-15 minutes for making the wiring connection and then another 10 minutes for the Honeywell to connect to my home's AC unit.
2] User friendly user interface. Very logical on-screen menu, very intuitive. Not all electronic companies are good at this. Good job Honeywell!
3] Beautiful and elegant looking. Very modern appearance. You can choose from a list of different screen backgrounds to match with your wall color.
4] Honeywell's mobile app allows you to control your thermostat remotely (even when you're not at home). So on a hot day you can turn on your AC ahead of time before coming home. Who likes coming home and feel like you stepped into an oven?

CON:
1] Other than the Honeywell taking about 10 minutes to "detect" my AC unit (which is a very minor issue), can't think of much.

Please be advised that you must have a "C" wire for your Honeywell wifi thermostat to work. The "C" wire provides electricity for the Honeywell to work. If you don't have one, then visit the Honeywell website for an alternate way. Or just go to YouTube and watch a video on how to troubleshoot this.

Great Northern Premium Quality Ice Cub Shaved Ice Machine Commercial Ice Shaver
Great Northern Premium Quality Ice Cub Shaved Ice Machine Commercial Ice Shaver
Price: $202.47
17 used & new from $172.10

5.0 out of 5 stars This makes TRUE, TRUE shaved ice!, August 30, 2014
Yes folks, it really is that good! Like others have stated before me, this thing is the real deal. I've tried the $25 Hamilton Beach and Hawaiian Shaved Ice machines. Those machines are fine if you're looking for traditional snow cones that turn ice into ice particles/pellets/pebbles that crunch in your mouth. But if you want smooth, melt in your mouth without any crunching ice.....then you need a true ice shaving machine. This is machine will do just that. You're going to have to pay the extra bucks for this. But its well worth it.

PRO's:
1] True, true shaved ice!
2] Comes 90% already assembled. The rest takes only 5-10 minutes to assemble

CON's:
1] This thing is bigger than it appears on Amazon. Its about 27 inches tall. So if you set it on your kitchen counter it will be the same height as someone who's 5 foot 5 inches tall
2] Heavy. My wife cannot lift this thing. The box says it weighs 54 pounds.
3] Somewhat dangerous to operate. There are sharp metal spike that dig into the ice block that you need to be careful of. I've already cut my hand once on the metal blade on the bottom plate. Others have noted that when this thing spins the ice, ice can fly outwards and hit someone. This hasn't happened to me......yet. But I can totally see this happening. Needless to say, kids should not be operating this without an adult.

Foscam FI9821W  V2 Megapixel HD 1280 x 720p H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter (White)
Foscam FI9821W V2 Megapixel HD 1280 x 720p H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter (White)
Price: $91.04
39 used & new from $70.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I want to love it, but the difficult set-up and software is not helping me!, August 30, 2014
Installing this is a pain in the arse! The directions included in the Foscam has lots of room for improvement. Like others have already stated before me, you MUST download the Foscam plug-in the first chance you get. Otherwise, this whole thing will NOT work! Also, not all web browsers will work with the Foscam. For example, I can't view (let alone install) my Foscam using Chrome. But I can view it with Safari. Also, the directions gloss over the whole Port Forwarding process. (Port Forwarding will enable you to view your Foscam on your smartphone when you're not at home.....which is one of the main reasons why you got this device). Advice: go to Youtube and look up how to set up Port Forwarding on your home router. Warning, if you have little to no experience in setting up a home network then you're in for a surprise. This is not going to be easy for a beginner. Finally, after doing all the necessary set up and installation, I still cannot activate the motion-sensing + video recording or snap-shot taking when motion is detected. Its very frustrating. Otherwise, I can view, pan left-right/up-down, view in pitch black darkness.....all just fine. A friend of mine got a Dropcam and when I asked him how he figured out how to set up Port Forwarding, he said "What's Port Forwarding? I just plugged it in and connected it to my home wifi. That's it." That's when I knew I should have gotten a Dropcam.

1] Good image quality
2] Able to pan left, right, up, down all from my smartphone
3] Viewable even in pitch darkness
4] Viewable from your smartphone anywhere
5] Able to listen and transmit audio (speak to people you're watching....kinda creepy)
6] No monthly service fee

CON's:
1] Installation is very challenging to someone not versed in home network set up
2] Installation is very challenging to someone not versed in home network set up
3] Installation is very challenging to someone not versed in home network set up
4] The included directions need a lot of improvement......like a lot!
5] Despite following the directions to the letter and even watching Youtube tutorials, I still can't get the motion-sensing function to work. Maybe I have a lemon or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Nevertheless, I believe a home product like this should be designed so that non networking specialist can install and operate. This should be plug-and-play. I shouldn't have to resort to looking up 3rd party how-to-install Foscam video tutorials on Youtube. Keep working on it Foscam!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2014 12:26 AM PDT

Tachikara TP20 Dual-Action Inflation Pump
Tachikara TP20 Dual-Action Inflation Pump
Price: $6.99
8 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great! Smart buy!, July 31, 2014
Finally a small, portable, inexpensive air pump that can pump air on both swings of the pump (meaning it pumps air when you push in, AND when you pull). Why didn't they think of this sooner?

Danze D455158SS Parma Single Handle Pre-Rinse Faucet, Stainless Steel
Danze D455158SS Parma Single Handle Pre-Rinse Faucet, Stainless Steel
Offered by Coastal Supply
Price: $253.59
33 used & new from $208.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT include water supply hose!, July 31, 2014
You must buy separately the water supply hoses for this. I realize that not all homes have the same size water supply lines (ie. 1/2 inch, 3/8 inch). That's how I rationalize why Danze didn't include hoses in its faucet. But Danze, please.....pretend to try a little and include a set of hoses in the box in the chance that the buyer's home utilizes that size. That would have been helpful. For me, I had to make a run to the local hardware store in the middle of my installation process when I realized I needed water supply hoses (The old faucet that I was replacing had hoses but wouldn't fit the Danze faucet)

Otherwise, installation was pretty typical for a kitchen faucet installation. Took about 1.5 hours from start to finish.....would have been less if I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store for the water hoses. No more difficult than the 5-6 other times I did this in the kitchen. For those of you embarking on your first kitchen faucet installation, then prepare yourself for a lot of irritation/frustration and frequents thoughts of "why didn't I hire a plumber to do this?!". You have to lie down under the sink with the bottom edge of your kitchen cabinet digging into the middle of your back (imagine a guillotine knife cutting you in half). Your arms are raised upwards the whole time you're doing this, fingers and wrists contorting trying to go around the sink bottom so that you can reach the ends of the copper pipes (nice job Danze, by the way, for using copper!). I had to take some Advil and do some carpal tunnel exercises afterwards. Upon completion, I find that its well constructed and looks beautiful. The reason for only 4 stars is that it didn't include water supply hoses and installation could have been a little easier (although you can say the same with all other kitchen faucets)

Frasier Season 7

Offered by YoKool
Price: $26.23
52 used & new from $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap imitation Kirkland bags!, July 25, 2014
Like others have already commented before me, these are NOT the kitchen bags that you can get at Costco. The quality is significantly downgraded from the ones from Costco. These bags do not have the reinforced "web" mesh embedded into the plastic that the ones from Costco have. The red handles don't have the "Kirkland" branding either. These bags tear much easier than the ones from Costco. Furthermore, these bags do not come in a roll (like toilet paper roll) like they do from Costco. Instead, these bags come folded. Still functions as a kitchen bag should. Just not the quality I was expecting from this brand. Cheap, cheap, cheap imitation Kirkland bags!

Lutron MRF2-600MTHW-WH Maestro Wireless 600-Watt Multi-Location Dimmer with Controller and Wallplate, White
Price: $83.16
10 used & new from $73.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our bedroom, July 25, 2014
Works perfectly in our bedroom! Originally I wanted to install a WeMo switch so that we can control our bedroom light with our smartphone. However, this Lutron Maestro Wireless dimmer is even better since it can be operated by a remote control rather than having to open our phone, find the WeMo app, open the app, and then turn off/on the light. Also, the WeMo does not dim the light. The Lutron remote does dim the light.

Intermatic EI600WC Decorator Digital In-Wall 7-Day Astronaumic Timer, White
Intermatic EI600WC Decorator Digital In-Wall 7-Day Astronaumic Timer, White
Price: $44.96
8 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for front porch light that doesn't have a neutral wire, July 25, 2014
Works perfectly for my mother's front porch light that doesn't have a neutral wire. If you've been searching for an automatic/timer light switch for a light that doesn't have a neutral wire, then this is it. As far as I know, other makers like Lutron, Leviton, WeMo and the like, all require a neutral wire for the switch. This Intermatic one does not. Now my mother's front porch light will turn on automatically when the sun sets and then turn off when the sun rises. This is from the Astronaumic Timer function of this switch. Exactly what my mother needs in her home!

Remember Those Who Gave Their Lives Ribbon Magnet
Remember Those Who Gave Their Lives Ribbon Magnet
Offered by Magnet America
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice car magnet!, July 25, 2014
As a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom in the US Army, I wear this proudly on my car. Never forget!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5