Profile for Sandra Bricker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandra Bricker "Sandie 129" RSS Feed (Tampa, FL United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Before the Class Reunion (short): Prequel to the Class Reunion series
Before the Class Reunion (short): Prequel to the Class Reunion series
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was such fun! After reading the Class Reunion series, November 4, 2014
This was such fun! After reading the Class Reunion series, I really thought this was a creative and innovative idea for the author to release a prequel. I hope she does more with these characters. How about a FAMILY reunion or two?

What a Girl Needs: An Ashley Stockingdale Novel
What a Girl Needs: An Ashley Stockingdale Novel
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love Kristin Billerbeck's books, November 4, 2014
I really love Kristin Billerbeck's books. One of the things I love most is that you never really know what to expect. This one was no exception. I loved the early Ashley books, but Ashley 2.0 is grown-up "this is the real world" fiction with the expectation of the romance formula stripped away to bring readers a simply entertaining read. Like a reunion, sometimes when you catch up with old friends, the years in between will show. My old friend Ashley shows the signs of her experience since I saw her last. She's more just-like-me than I'd realized.

Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose
Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Written from a Christian World Perspective - So Refreshing!, January 14, 2014
I pre-ordered this book for my Kindle because I really love Candace Bure, and once I started reading it I immediately remembered why she's so high on my radar. I am a Christian woman and I try to live my own life by Biblical standards (and often fail miserably). Candace writes a thoughtful book filled with insights and charm. Her writing voice speaks to my heart. "I'm just an ordinary woman trying to live my life from a Christian world perspective, just like you." We couldn't be more different, Candace and I. And yet we couldn't be more similar either.

I found it genuinely interesting that Candace's stance about marriage in this book stirred up such controversy among women. But what really impacted me was her response to that controversy. She is solid in her beliefs, she doesn't push them on the world around her, but she unabashedly shares them without apology or regret. She's consistent in that. Love her, hate her, agree or disagree with her, I feel like you'll always get an honest answer out of her. If it doesn't bless your heart, so be it. That's okay. But let me tell you that when it DOES bless your heart, you'll remember and be moved.

I highly recommend this book to the haters as well as the fans. There's a lot of inspiration here. She gets you and what you're going through. I'm not a mom, but juggling priorities and life's purpose isn't a challenge confined to moms. It's universal, and Candace approaches it with a tender heart and a unique perspective.

The Call
The Call
Price: $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars CedarCreek NEVER MISSES, October 13, 2013
This review is from: The Call (MP3 Music)
Okay. It's my church, so of course I was going to listen. But the worship band from CedarCreek just never seems to miss digging deep into me and bringing up the praise. I'm so proud and excited to see them finally putting it out there for everyone to share. Their passion for the things of God is contagious. Catch it!

Last Chance for Justice: A Bloomfield Novel
Last Chance for Justice: A Bloomfield Novel
by Kathi Macias
Price: $13.35
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomfield SHINES!, June 18, 2013
I really loved this installment of the Bloomfield series. It's not always easy to combine quirky with an engaging plot, but this book has it all. I'm a Kathi Macias fan anyway, but this one really jumped out at me. I finished it last night and woke up this morning thinking about the characters and how they fit into the Bloomfield life. It's a fun read that will warm your heart.

Pretty Is as Pretty Does: Class Reunion Series - Book 1
Pretty Is as Pretty Does: Class Reunion Series - Book 1
by Debby Mayne
Price: $13.42
59 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars And Pretty DOES!, June 12, 2013
I like Debby Mayne books. She has always told a clean, entertaining story that kept me turning pages. This book, however, is different from anything she's written before. It's not romance, it's women's fiction, and it's by far the best of them for Mayne. Told from varying perspectives, Pretty Is As Pretty Does takes the tone of a Breakfast Club for the next generation. Anyone who has ever attended a class reunion and knows the angst and expectations and surprises that go with them will LOVE this read. You won't want to put it down. And the good news? There are more to follow in this series. I can't wait to catch up to these characters again. And if you love it like I did, you'll want to hit Debby Mayne's blog and read the prequel stories she published there.

Harvest of Rubies
Harvest of Rubies
by Tessa Afshar
Price: $11.30
52 used & new from $3.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique storytelling and wonderful author voice, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Harvest of Rubies (Paperback)
I really loved this book. It's not my usual genre, so that made it all the more special when it touched my heart the way it did. I couldn't put it down. I'd never read this author before, but the buzz on the book was so good that I had to see for myself. I'm so glad I did. The storytelling is really unique, and the author's voice creates an inviting walk through familiar and yet illuminating and provocative pages. I would highly recommend this to anyone who dances on the borderline of enjoying this type of book. This one will take you right over the edge!

DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven Book 1)
DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is really good writing!, March 6, 2013
This isn't my usual genre, but something about the summary drew my attention while cruising for something new to read, and I decided to give it a try.

The writer's grasp of the genre really stands out, and the writing itself is just captivating. I really enjoyed taking this adventure, and I won't miss future books by this author.

Broken Things: A woman comes face to face with the haunting memories of her past - and the man she once loved (Photographs and Memories Series)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Andrea Boeshaar, January 21, 2013
I've read most of Andrea Boeshaar's books, but Broken Things is a favorite of mine. They say, "You can't go home again," but Allie (the heroine of the book) proves that you CAN. It's not always easy facing what you left behind, and she learns that while teaching the reader a thing or two in the process. If you've ever been broken -- or if you've broken someone else along the way -- Broken Things will be an emotional and heart-wrenching read that you won't soon forget.

Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll, 1.6 oz. bars, 5-Count Box (Pack of 2)
Offered by The Eclectic Shopper
Price: $21.30
8 used & new from $13.58

1.0 out of 5 stars How old ARE these things???, December 29, 2012
I'm a big fan of this particular product; however, this last order was petrified. I couldn't even bite through them. I didn't think I needed to stipulate FRESH when requesting a certain product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3