Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Robert Stone > Reviews

Browse

Robert Stone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 373

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Stone RSS Feed (Midwest / Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Cleaning, Washing, Drying, Ultra Absorbent, Lattice Microfiber Dishcloth 12x12" (Set of 6) - Eggplant
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal / Nice Towels, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You can never have too many microfiber cloths as they come in so handy for so many things. Which is why when these came available in the Vine program I picked them up. Please note I got this as a reduced cost product - Vine stuff used to be free but now costs about 25-30% as it is taxed as income. I always write reviews from the standpoint of having paid full price.

These work well and I have no complaints. One of the main things about microfiber cloths is how long they hold up - and the 30 day requirement for posting a review is not really adequate to judge that so I do promise to return to this review and modify it if they become frayed after a few washings or develop any other issues. At this point, I don't anticipate any.

Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Offered by AmericaCameras
Price: $105.85
6 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal / Nice Lens / Buy at Own Risk (in terms of warranty), April 21, 2016
I purchased this as a lens for my old Canon T2i camera which had been in a drawer for a couple years since I moved up to the full frame 5D mark III. Keep in mind this lens will work only for APC / cropped cameras and will not work on a full frame camera such as a 5D or 6D. Of course, if you have a 5D or 6D you are likely already "addicted" to the L-glass which works so well with them.

I am delighted that my daughter is getting into photography and she could not do much with just the T2i body! Anyway, this deal seemed too good to be true and it is in one way. Item is a white box / gray market item and does not come with warranty card. That said, at less than 1/2 the usual price for this lens if we have to replace it and buy another one we'll still be ahead!

The lens itself is typical kit lens, works well and is super silent with the "STM" designation, good for video. Mount is plastic which is not optimal but this is the type of lens which is left on the camera anyway. I would not recommend it if you intend to swap out to a telephoto or super wide angle lens frequently. Basically this is a good starter lens for a great price.

Slive-4U (Green) A Self-Powered Charger, NOAA Weather Radio, Emergency Smart Phone Charger, Rechargeable Flashlight, AM/FM Radio and Siren all in one portable device for regular use and survival kit
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Multi-Function Device, a Bit Pricy, March 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This item was received via the Vine program - essentially at deep discount since Vine members now pay tax on the item as ordinary income, so about 75% off. At that price it would get 5 stars but when I rate items I pretend to have paid full price which is currently just south of sixty dollars.

The unit is smaller than I thought (a good thing) and made of brightly colored plastic. It feels inexpensive but not cheap. As others have said, be sure to follow directions to hook up the battery so it will work. The crank handle works well but has a tight radius and gets tiresome pretty quickly. The radio including weather radio work fine and remind me of many old radios I have had over the years. The direct tuning nature no doubt is less expensive to make than a digital tuner but more importantly uses less energy.

As I got this to put in an emergency bag it fits the bill perfectly and will likely not see much use other than on campouts to check weather or as an emergency source of power for a cell phone (which is a very nice feature indeed).

Overall, recommended but a bit pricy.

Zmodo Pivot - 360° Rotating 1080p HD Wireless Camera and Smart Home Hub
Zmodo Pivot - 360° Rotating 1080p HD Wireless Camera and Smart Home Hub
Price: $149.50
3 used & new from $149.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Call It "Spirit" or "Opportunity" - Well Maybe "Viking Lander" Would Be More Appropriate - But Definitely Call It Great!, March 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
(Received as "free" product taxed as income so basically 70% off, reviewed as if paid full price)

So I knew out of the box (with very nice "Apple-Like" packaging) this would be either a 1 or 5 star product with little in between as when I set it up we were just about on our way out the door for spring break a week ago - either it would work perfectly right away or I'd be writing a "frustrated" review. Set-up was a breeze even with the need to input my long password for WiFi access - accomplished on my cell phone after downloading the free app. I was able to link to it right away and the camera gives a nice wide-angle high resolution view. I was then prompted to update firmware (for higher security, apparently) and that took a couple minutes but was without incident.

Then, the fun referred to in my title began. If you have seen "The Martian" or follow NASA you will know what I am referring to. Controlling this thing is sort of like getting the opportunity (no pun intended) to control a NASA camera at a distant location. Since it is not a rover (idea for Pivot version 2??) it is more like a lander with a high-resolution camera - like the Viking. It is fun to control it and setup of preferences is intuitive. The illusion was broken a bit since views are of my kitchen / front entry way rather than Chryse Planitia, however. I'll update my review with any issues though none are anticipated.

Overall, highly recommended!

Super Soft Light Weight, 100% Brushed Microfiber, Standard, White with Cloud Embroidery 2-Piece Pillowcase Set
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, March 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you have kids there is always plenty of laundry and extra pillowcases are great to have - so when these became available I picked them up as a Vine product - not really free as the value is taxed as income but basically 75% off.

Anyway, I had not really looked at them until today when my wife told me to definitely give them 5 stars - very soft and easy to wash without need for ironing (though we usually don't iron pillowcases anyway!) The bottom line is that we will now likely be getting some sheets from the same manufacturer since they are so nice. So, get these with caution as you may find they make your existing sheets "look bad"!

Quilted Northern Ultra Soft and Strong Toilet Paper, 12 Family Rolls Bath Tissue

5.0 out of 5 stars Haiku Review, March 6, 2016
Buy Quilted Northern
Soft and white to clean you right
Rolls of smooth softness

Wow, after all that I thought the review would be done but I've got to get to 20 words minimum. NOW I'm done. Tough to come up with a review on TP. Seriously, we've used this for years and when some "free" came up on the vine it was a no brainer. Weird getting TP in the mail, though.

Belkin Valet Charge Dock and Stand with 4-Foot Charging Cable for Apple Watch
Belkin Valet Charge Dock and Stand with 4-Foot Charging Cable for Apple Watch
Price: $69.99
9 used & new from $59.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Well Made Stand, February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice stand, a bit pricy. I got this "free" in the Vine program - which actually now means that I'll pay taxes on it as income (so really I'll pay 30% which is not bad). At the 30% price I would rate it 5 stars but as always I mentally assume that I paid full price for review purposes.

The unit is well made and heavy (in a good way). It holds the watch well and actually does not look like it is as elevated as the picture - which I find is a good thing. The charger unit is incorporated into the unit (you don't have to use the one that came with the watch) which is nice. The cord is pretty short, however and no charger brick is included (but I've got plenty of those already).

Overall, recommended especially if the cost is not a concern.

South Main Hardware 848108 100-Pack 11 Inch Cable Ties, Black 100-Pack, 75-Lb Test, Medium, Black Uv
Price: $10.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Cable Ties, February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
"Write a 20 word (or more) review on cable ties" - sounds like a tough assignment but now that I'm counting the words up, I'm done! Seriously, these work fine and as I got them from the vine program they were "free" but for purposes of review I assume I paid for them. You can never have too many cable ties - I find more uses for them every year (likely as my stuff falls apart!)

South Main Hardware 848100 100-Pack 4 Inch Cable Ties, Black 100-Pack, 18-Lb Test, Small, Black Uv
Price: $5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable Ties Work (not much else to say), February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

*NEW* OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR SERIES Case for iPhone 6/6s (4.7" Version) - Retail Packaging - ROASTED CRYSTAL (CLEAR/ROASTED TAN)
Offered by 6ave
Price: $39.90
5 used & new from $28.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case / good for Gold iPhone, January 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very nice case for the iPhone 6 (or 6S) which goes well with the gold color of my iPhone. The case arrived as I headed out for a trip and I popped it on easily of course ignoring the instructions. It provides nice "bumper" protection for the edges of the phone. I have fortunately not dropped the phone with the case in place but from the feel of it I think my phone is well protected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20