Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Robert Stone > Reviews

Browse

Robert Stone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 367

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Stone RSS Feed (Midwest / Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin Apple Watch Valet Charge Dock and Stand with Integrated Magnetic Charger and 4-Foot Cable for Apple Watch - Retail Packaging - Silver
Price: $89.99
3 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Well Made Stand, February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice stand, a bit pricy. I got this "free" in the Vine program - which actually now means that I'll pay taxes on it as income (so really I'll pay 30% which is not bad). At the 30% price I would rate it 5 stars but as always I mentally assume that I paid full price for review purposes.

The unit is well made and heavy (in a good way). It holds the watch well and actually does not look like it is as elevated as the picture - which I find is a good thing. The charger unit is incorporated into the unit (you don't have to use the one that came with the watch) which is nice. The cord is pretty short, however and no charger brick is included (but I've got plenty of those already).

Overall, recommended especially if the cost is not a concern.

South Main Hardware 848108 11 Inch Cable Ties, Black 100-Pack, 75-Lb Test, Medium
Price: $10.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Cable Ties, February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
"Write a 20 word (or more) review on cable ties" - sounds like a tough assignment but now that I'm counting the words up, I'm done! Seriously, these work fine and as I got them from the vine program they were "free" but for purposes of review I assume I paid for them. You can never have too many cable ties - I find more uses for them every year (likely as my stuff falls apart!)

South Main Hardware 848100 4 Inch Cable Ties, Black 100-Pack, 18-Lb Test, Small
South Main Hardware 848100 4 Inch Cable Ties, Black 100-Pack, 18-Lb Test, Small
Price: $6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable Ties Work (not much else to say), February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

*NEW* OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR Series iPhone 6/6s Case - Retail Packaging - ROASTED CRYSTAL (CLEAR/ROASTED TAN)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case / good for Gold iPhone, January 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very nice case for the iPhone 6 (or 6S) which goes well with the gold color of my iPhone. The case arrived as I headed out for a trip and I popped it on easily of course ignoring the instructions. It provides nice "bumper" protection for the edges of the phone. I have fortunately not dropped the phone with the case in place but from the feel of it I think my phone is well protected.

Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Fax
Price: $399.99
4 used & new from $399.99

2.0 out of 5 stars OK Printer, Challenging Setup (due to poor software); OFTEN DROPS network, December 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Keep in mind as you read "Vine" reviews that the products are no longer free - they are taxed as ordinary income so product is really about 70% discounted but certainly not free. Although as I've reviewed Vine stuff over the years I've tried to put myself in the mindset of paying full price - paying 30% helps in that compared to actually free!

Printer setup is something that I've done a lot of recently with successful easy setup of another Epson printer a couple weeks ago - that one I got specifically to print CD and DVD labels on some Christmas presents. So, I am very familiar with setup and this one was not as easy. Part of that was the potentially very messy ink loading (which will hopefully pay off with significant savings). But most of it was poorly written software, at least the Mac version. I spent about an hour trying to set up the Wi-Fi. Each attempt was several minutes and according to the setup software it was never successful. I followed all their recommended troubleshooting steps and in the end in exasperation disconnected from USB resigned to typing in my too-long password character by character on the tiny screen on the printer. Much to my surprise, the Wi-Fi settings had taken (probably the first time) and the printer was ready for use. So, if you get this and use temporary USB setup disconnect it and check to see if setup did work even if the software tells you otherwise.

At this point I'd say I'm not too impressed. Maybe huge ink savings will prompt me to return and up my rating from 3 to 4 stars but I doubt I'd go higher than that after the challenging setup experience.

UPDATE 2-7-16: Returning to remove a star - only 2 left now. This thing often drops from my network and although it appears available and that it prints it does not. When it comes back online (seemingly randomly) it does not print what was in the queue. I am very close to chucking it and re-installing by prior printer. And now, with the fact that Vine participants pay tax on items as income (designated value of $150) I find I actually will pay fifty bucks for this POS next time I pay taxes. Not pleased.

Mr & Mrs T Original Bloody Mary Mix, 5.5 fl oz cans (Pack of 4)
Mr & Mrs T Original Bloody Mary Mix, 5.5 fl oz cans (Pack of 4)
Price: $6.76
5 used & new from $6.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mix, December 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got these to be consumed by my in-laws and they report that the product tastes great / makes a good Bloody Mary. I will take their word for it - and this product is recommended!

Intermatic IW600K Astronomic Digital In-Wall Timer
Intermatic IW600K Astronomic Digital In-Wall Timer
Price: $25.91
9 used & new from $12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Switch, December 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Finally a chance to review this item which I got for reduced cost with Vine program. It is important that although product is "free" Vine reviewers actually now pay ~30% of cost of items as they are taxed as ordinary income.

Anyway, I had wanted to get a timer switch like this for a long time for our front lights which we do leave on at night - they are full cutoff fixtures so we don't contribute to light pollution - and now that our Christmas lights will be off installing it makes sense. Installation was easy following the directions - I would recommend confirming with a meter which is the "hot" and which is the wire going to the fixture as it seemed obvious to me from where the wires were coming into the box but of course I initially hooked it up wrong! Other than that the toughest part was packing all the wires into the box and modifying the face plate to accommodate the large face of this switch

Programming is straightforward and we'll likely use the dusk to dawn setting. We have replaced our outside lights with LED lights to save energy - using those make an excellent addition to this switch.

Hot Wheels RC Terrain Twister, Red
Hot Wheels RC Terrain Twister, Red
Offered by Top Shelf Buyers Group
Price: $86.00
40 used & new from $50.19

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT in water, OK on land, October 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review was prepared with the help of my 10 year old son and is a review of a free (well not free but 70% off as now taxed) product - as always I get into the mindset of having paid the full current price.

We were not greatly impressed with this unit on floors in our home due to the difficulty in controlling it and going straight on hard surfaces as other reviewers have noted. So, we held off on reviewing it until we had a chance to use in water and we finally got a chance to take it to a park today and test it out. We were very impressed with its ability to move in water and I'd recommend you think of it as an RC boat with some land capabilities - in that way it will not disappoint. We used it for about 20 minutes and then stopped to be sure it did not run out of battery out in the water (since we had no boat to retrieve it)! My son gave it a rating of "3.75 stars" so I'll round up to 4.

Etekcity® Composite 3 RCA video AV S-video CVBS to HDMI Converter,S-video R/L Audio to HDMI 720P / 1080P HD Upscaler DVD CD HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly - Zelda (Link) and Mario Have Never Looked Better!, September 6, 2015
As is likely the case with most of you reading these reviews, I bought this to allow me and my 2 kids to play a couple old consoles on our new HDTV. In our case we had a Nintendo 64 and NES to set up. I got it along with a couple cables for S-Video and the combination works perfectly. Setup was easy. Now, on to modify an old Atari (adding component output jacks) to make our system complete!

Sabrent High Definition 5x1 HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p (ST-HDMI)
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $35.00
43 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Unit DOA, Great Customer Service, Replacement Works Great!, September 3, 2015
I got this 3 months ago in preparation to allow playing of several old consoles with a flat screen, finally getting around to setting it up for the kids today. I got converters to create HDMI signals which individually work great plugged into the TV for an old Nintendo 64 and a NES. However, the unit I got is DOA (likely a returned product from one of the may people who have reported it failing). I systematically cleared all the cables I am using and all work fine. I then tried passing through signal from a blu-ray player and no dice there either. Of course, I should have tried it before today - the "return window" closes after 30 days and so I am likely out of luck. I'll try support from the manufacturer and if they replace it with a working unit I will increase my rating.

Update 9-8-15: My original title for this review was "Total Fail" with one star written with more than a little frustration as I had missed the return window and thought I was out of luck. Well, enter Sorbent customer service. They were friendly and extremely prompt responding initially over a weekend even. I opened a ticket on their system and now after the holiday weekend I got a notice that they have mailed me a new unit which I suspect will work fine. I am bumping my review up to 3 stars for now and I would not be surprised if I'm soon returning to increase it further.

Update 9-11-15: For the first time ever I'm changing a 1 star review to a 5 star review. My first unit was DOA (which would normally max my review out at 4 stars) but when I reported the issue the helpful Sabrent customer service rep (thanks, Manuel!) were all over it and mailed me a new one which works great. I now highly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20