Profile for Robert Stone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 324

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Stone RSS Feed (Midwest / Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Heat Resistant to 425 Degrees, Everyday Kitchen Basic  Pot Holder, Set of 2, Nautical Blue
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Heat Resistant to 425 Degrees, Everyday Kitchen Basic Pot Holder, Set of 2, Nautical Blue
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Basic Pot Holders, January 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One thing I know in the kitchen (my wife would agree likely only the one thing!) is that you can't have too many potholders. These serve their purpose well. They are attractive looking (especially compared to some singed ones we have) and though a bit still I suspect they will loosen up after washing. There is a bit of a neoprene smell on initially opening up the package but it faded quickly even without washing. I have not tried them out to the full rated 425 degrees and will post back if there is any issue there.

Overall, recommended / no complaints.

Braven LUX Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - Gold
Braven LUX Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - Gold
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Speaker, Easy Pairing, January 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This arrived today and I'm writing an enthusiastic review as it works great. Pairing was easy to do (you do have to look at the directions) and the sound is great. Much better than another bluetooth speaker I got a while back and this one is wireless / does not have to be plugged in. Being able to pause the music from the speaker is a plus and it doubling as a phone charger is a nice touch. The design is elegant and attractive. I am using it with a gold iPhone 6 - so even the color matches!

Pros:
Nice design
Good sound
Easy pairing
Phone charger
Water resistant

Cons:
None noted at this point

Overall, highly recommended.

iPhone 6 Battery Case, ZuZo Slim External Protective iPhone 6 Battery Case - W/ LIFETIME WARRANTY - iPhone 6 4.7" Battery Case with Built-in Kickstand - Lightning Connector Input / Output [Updated 2015 Version] (Black)
Offered by ZuZo
Price: $24.95
7 used & new from $19.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Charger Case, a Few Drawbacks, January 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always used a charger case for iPhones in the past as iPhone batteries have always been the weakest link of the system. I was therefore pleasantly surprised with the iPhone 6 - for me at least the battery lasts all day. With the amount of use which would have taken my iPhone 5 down to around 30%, my iPhone 6 only goes down to 70%! So, the battery case has been less of a need for me this time so I had not bought one. I was very pleased that this case became available on the Vine program since I do have an upcoming campout where long battery life will come in handy!

This is a very nice case. The surface is rubberized and seems easy to hold. The kickstand is okay and might come in handy at some point though it is very difficult to pop into position. The weight of the case is toward the bottom of the phone and extends the phone in that direction. It is not much more bulky than a typical case without a battery.

Pros:
Does not add much bulk to phone.
Significant extension of battery life.
You choose when case charges battery.
Lightning connector on outside of case. (this is a big plus - you don't have to have 2 types of cables for charging)

Cons:
Very bright LEDs when case is powering phone. Could use electrical tape to cover then or just shield with a finger if using the phone, otherwise distracting.
Like other charger cases I have owned there is decrease in cell signal getting to the phone - unfortunately this means my cell signal does not reach my phone in my home always so I won't leave this case on full time.

Overall, recommended.

SABRE RED Stop Strap Pepper Spray - Police Strength - Deactivation Technology with Black Key Case
Price: $18.66
26 used & new from $15.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, hope to never use it!, January 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this not for personal protection but for use in an emergency against bears as the information indicates that this strength would be effective for that. The unit is well made with an intuitive flip-up cap over the trigger button.

I sprayed myself with a couple of quick bursts just to try it out and it works great! I can hardly see as I type this. OK, honestly there is no way to really check this product out but I promise to return to update this review in the unfortunate event that I do actually use it!

USA Rawhide Beefhide Bone - 5 in
USA Rawhide Beefhide Bone - 5 in
Offered by etopso
Price: $6.88
7 used & new from $2.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for big dogs despite picture on package, January 11, 2015
We have 2 Golden Retrievers - one is 55 pounds, the other 65. I'll admit that I looked at the package which shows a Golden and (my bad) did not even notice the designated size of this product - only 5 inches lengthwise. At least for our dogs, that is much too small as they both would be at risk for simply trying to swallow the thing! Your dogs (even Goldens) may well be different but these were too small for us to keep. I gave them to a friend wiho has a large breed dog BUT his dog eats much more gingerly. These are labeled 100% American so they should be safe.

Overall, recommended for medium and small dogs only.

Dove go fresh Revitalize Bar 4oz, 8 Bars
Dove go fresh Revitalize Bar 4oz, 8 Bars
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice scent, non-drying, January 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I tried this free sample out and we were impressed. Dove has always been a good brand when it comes to non-drying soaps (it was recommended by name by the dermatologists who I worked with in medical school years ago) and that reputation is well deserved. It is an especially good choice with the recent below 20 below zero wind chill factor - which is obviously very drying for skin even with good protection from gloves and jackets. The scent is pretty strong but fades quickly and for us smelled like citrus fruit / not at all disagreeable.

Overall, recommended product.

Rapesco Porpoise Classic Plier Stapler, 40 Sheet Capacity, Chrome (R81000A3)
Rapesco Porpoise Classic Plier Stapler, 40 Sheet Capacity, Chrome (R81000A3)
Offered by True Distribution, Inc.
Price: $25.00
5 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stapler - Well Constructed - 40+ Sheet Capacity, January 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great product, well designed and built to last with all-metal construction. It is built like things were years ago with thicker-than-needed steel and has an appropriate heft. Naturally, after reading that it has a 40 sheet capacity I decided to see for myself. I took a piece of high-quality paper (20 bond or more if I recall) and folded it repeatedly. Staples went through 32 sheets with no problems. I then cut and separated pieces to get to 40 sheets - still no problem. I then tried 52 sheets and it still worked (though the staple itself was not quite long enough for the job - it held together but there was a sharp staple nub present).

Anyway, though I have only had this a few days I think I can say with confidence that it will last a long time and I would highly recommend this if you need a well-made stapler for big jobs.

ZUME GAMES Flying Dizk, Green
ZUME GAMES Flying Dizk, Green
Offered by FOGDOG
Price: $10.49
5 used & new from $10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Flying Disk (What's a Dizk?), December 31, 2014
This review is from: Zume Games Dizk (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an interesting item. It is much heavier than most frisbees and does require a bit of a heft to throw it. It is also much thicker than a typical disk. I understand it floats which is certainly a benefit (though I have not tried out this feature). It seems be sturdy in construction and I will return to update this review if it falls apart. If you buy this knowing the above facts, you will not be disappointed. If you instead expect a more typical frisbee, you may not be happy.

Overall recommended with limitations.

Philips Sonicare HX9181/10 Flexcare Platinum with UV Sanitizer
Philips Sonicare HX9181/10 Flexcare Platinum with UV Sanitizer
Price: $189.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well / Typical Sonicare, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been a Sonicare fan for many years; using them has helped me avoid additional gum surgery - a procedure which I would not wish on anyone! Anyway, the units need to be replaced periodically and when this came available on Vine the timing was perfect. The product comes with a single head which is different than the prior types I have used and appear to be more expensive to replace. No surprise there.

The unit is more slim than my prior one and with head attached is slightly longer. It comes with a nice case which looks like it will be perfect for travel. There are two charger stations - one a charger pad alone the other a charger pad attached to the UV Sanitizer.

Using the unit is the same as previous Sonicare units I have had, one button operation but with multiple modes now. There are 3 levels of power available and alternate cleaning modes which are supposed to enhance tooth whiteness and gum health. To be honest, after trying all modes I think this is a bit of a gimmick and I plan to leave it on the default mode. The UV sanitizer is an interesting addition but likely not worth using it except perhaps for someone with an active gum infection. I do also wonder if the UV light might cause the bristles to break down more quickly. I may use that feature perhaps weekly at most just because it is there.

Overall, a nicely designed unit which is an evolutionary change from prior Sonicare products and is recommended. I thought about docking a star for the gimmicky stuff and increased cost of replacement heads but the inclusion of a non-UV charge station (which saves space on the counter!) won the star back for me.

Perfect Fitness IQ Band
Perfect Fitness IQ Band
Price: $57.47
3 used & new from $21.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, easy pairing, awkward attachment, December 7, 2014
This review is from: Perfect Fitness IQ Band (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am new to fitness bands so I don't have a frame of reference to compare with Fitbit or Fuelband or any other alternatives. That said, this item seems to work fairly well. Although the directions indicate the first thing to do is turn it on, like most devices charging it first was needed before it would respond. Pairing to an iPhone 6 was quick and painless. Setting device up required input of an email (something I always hate to do) - I used the email I usually use for that and didn't see an increase in spam (at least not yet). The device is tough to secure to the wrist / quite an awkward setup but once on it is comfortable and activation of the display is simple and results in information which is easy to read.

As above, I don't have a frame of reference to compare for accurate to a similar device though the iPhone's Health app can provide a comparison. On that during my test day so far per the iPhone I walked 5932 steps for 2.4 miles while on the IQ band the same was counted at just 4586 steps for 2.33 miles - and my phone was not always in my pocket. I don't know which is accurate but there is a significant difference there. Shaking the device does not seem to trick it into adding steps.

As this device is a dedicated fitness device I'll give it the benefit of the doubt (over the iPhone) but it would be helpful if someone out there with a known true standardized band would do a side by side comparison.

Overall, seems to work well but jury is out on the accuracy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20