Profile for Robert Stone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 292

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Stone RSS Feed (Midwest / Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
iHome Stereo FM Clock Radio with Lightning Dock for iPhone and iPod, iPL8BN
iHome Stereo FM Clock Radio with Lightning Dock for iPhone and iPod, iPL8BN
Price: $60.24
39 used & new from $52.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Clock Radio, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this item as my wife's clock radio has been in the process of dying for a while and this was a great opportunity to get one that actually works and that she can use to charge her iPhone 5. Instead, she decided to use it in a work area as a means of playing her favorite music while she works on things. It is working well for that though as others have noted you must remove the iPhone from the case before it fits. I may try the "mod" another poster mentioned and if that is easy I'll return to update this review.

Overall, recommended

JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black)
JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black)
Offered by Robert`s Fojjer
Price: Click here to see our price
64 used & new from $7.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones / Low Cost, July 21, 2014
We bought 2 of these for the kids to use along with a double DVD player for car trips and they work great - in fact they work so well that my son has taken to using them regularly with his computer. Even with that very regular use for 2-3 months now, we have had no problems.

Overall, highly recommended.

Moshi Stanza Duo (2-in-1 Dual Stylus and Pen) for Touchscreen Devices, Silver
Moshi Stanza Duo (2-in-1 Dual Stylus and Pen) for Touchscreen Devices, Silver
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Stylus, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are occasions when a stylus is helpful while using an iPad and I picked this up for those times. It is well made and balanced and feels good in the hand. Thinking it worked the same as another stylus I have I pulled it to open up the pen part - and it came apart (you TWIST it for the pen) - anyway, put it back together and took a little more time to look at it closely. Like most guys I never look at the directions - much to my wife's consternation. The stylus works well and does not seem too soft to me, similar to others I have used.

Overall recommended, one star detracted for cost over thirty dollars at present which is more than I've paid for similar units in the past.

DUB U1319 Tire Shine - 19 oz.
DUB U1319 Tire Shine - 19 oz.
Price: $6.47
2 used & new from $6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Like Wet-Look Wheels, This Is For You!, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let me first say I am the furthest thing from an expert on this type of product! I'm afraid I can't compare to other products as I have not used them. I selected it for fun to try on my new car (my trusty old car died after 17 years). It does a nice job on the new tires and makes them look wet. I started on the low setting and had to go around 2-3 times to adequately treat them. I switched to medium setting and just once around seemed to work for me.

Overall, Recommended

Swingline Standard Stapler, Eco Version, 15 Sheets, Black (S7054501)
Swingline Standard Stapler, Eco Version, 15 Sheets, Black (S7054501)
Price: $7.99
48 used & new from $3.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine Light Duty Stapler, July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our stapler was always disappearing - we have 2 kids - so seeing this available was a chance to just maybe get our main stapler to stay by the phone where we try to keep it. This is clearly an economy model - very low price - and as expected it is made of plastic and does not feel very solid compared to business class staplers. But, from the kid's perspective mainly just stapling a few sheets of paper together it works great.

Overall, recommended for light duty / stapling homework assignments, etc.

Panasonic BK-3MCCA4BA eneloop AA New 2100 Cycle Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 4 Pack
Price: $14.40
29 used & new from $9.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Batteries. Buy lots, you won't regret it., July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although I just received these I can post a very detailed review as I've been using Eneloop batteries for years and just used the vine offer to pick up some more. I think I have around 30 of them now. They are GREAT. Far better than any other rechargeable batteries as they hold the charge well. Other batteries work fine BUT lose their charge over a couple weeks. These work great and hold charge for months. I use them in high current applications such as flashes (I am a camera nut and that was the first thing I used them for) - and now I've got them in the keyboards / mice for our computers and flashlights, the list goes on. My first set I think was from 2011 or 2012. I marked them with the date with a sharpie to keep them organized thinking I would need to "retire" them but so far they all seem to be working very well.

Overall, highly recommended

Ecospiral LED TP120-10/BR30/DIM 10 watt (65 watt equivalent) 685 lumens Dimmable LED Floodlight, warm white
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Working Well, A Bit Brighter Than Standard Bulb, July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very happy to see one of these available as I've been considering making the move to LED for some time now. I installed this in our "most used" light which we leave on overnight for some lighting in the kitchen / downstairs in case a late-night snack or drink is needed by anyone. The light is very bright - a bit brighter than a standard bulb to my eye. The light is NOT blue, in fact just a bit toward the warm end "yellow" look in terms of white balance. The instant on feature is great compared to compact florescent which we have used in the past. Since it has only been installed in the last few weeks as of the posting date of this review I can't speak to its longevity. I will post an addendum to this review if it fails anytime in the next year or two (yes, I'll remember to do it!) so if you are reading this without an addendum it is still working great.

Overall, highly recommended.

Allen Sports Aluminum Folding 1-Bike Rack
Allen Sports Aluminum Folding 1-Bike Rack
Price: $58.76
14 used & new from $37.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited Use Carrier, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I saw this on Amazon Vine I grabbed it thinking that I could use it to easily transport my bike with my new car. After 17 years, my old one bit the dust. Unfortunately, I later found out that it does not fit my vehicle - but luckily my wife's car is on the list of cars this does fit. After playing around with it, however, I am not comfortable using it with an adult bike on her car. As others have said, the means of attaching it will no doubt rub paint off at several locations given any longer distance drive and for full size bikes it does not seem to offer enough security (if it feels a bit loose even before starting you know that the vibration of driving is going to compromise it further). I do plan to try it with a children's bike at some point (I didn't think to do that - credit another reviewer) and I may well post a followup review after that. Even if I try that, it will only be for very short distances and I definitely won't be leaving my neighborhood via the road with the speed bumps! My wife's car is 10 years old so even if the paint gets damaged a bit she won't mind - but please don't tell her I said that! It is a compact carrier and would perhaps serve as an "emergency backup" bike carrier that could be stowed easily in a trunk. For those potential uses, I'll still give it a (generous I think) 3 stars.

AmazonBasics USB Powered Computer Speakers (A100)
AmazonBasics USB Powered Computer Speakers (A100)
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built and Powerful, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is nice on campouts to have a "back up" system in case of rain which consists of movies for the kids and that is where speakers like this come in. I'm impressed with these speakers and considering the cost how can you go wrong? They are solidly built and provide WAY more punch than the speakers built into a laptop. Granted, they don't have great bass but given the small size that is to be expected and for me does not lower their rating. The frustration free packaging is another plus.

Overall, recommended.

Circulon Genesis Stainless Steel Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
Circulon Genesis Stainless Steel Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
Price: $149.95
8 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Set Especially for the $$, June 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice starter (or replacement "starting over!") set of cookware with a nice variety of sizes. We will likely give this set to our daughter when she goes off to college in a few years. On testing it the pieces are solid and well made and we have not had any problems with uneven cooking or issues with the non-stick surface. It is nice that metal utensils are now allowed to be used - but old habits die hard and I have not tried metal ones yet at this point.

Overall, highly recommended cookware set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20