Profile for Robert Stone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 330

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Stone RSS Feed (Midwest / Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dorman HVAC Blower Motor Resistor 973-027
Dorman HVAC Blower Motor Resistor 973-027
Offered by New Parts Warehouse
Price: $41.68
45 used & new from $35.62

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS in Town and Country 2005, March 20, 2015
I bought another item identified by the Amazon as blower motor resistor for Town and Country 2005 - and it did not fit / different connectors! Maybe that other item would work for the rear blower but I needed replacement for the forward unit. THIS ONE WORKS FOR THE FORWARD BLOWER motor resistor. The replacement was easy - remove the glove box and then two screws, pop off two connectors and place them on the replacement unit. The aluminum projections are different shape than the original equipment but don't worry about that.

BTW the symptoms usually seen when this unit is not working include either no activity of the forward blower fan (this is what we experienced) or inability to change settings from full blast blowing. I followed a YouTube video and did check voltages coming and going to the old unit but even though I detected 12-13 V I took a chance that the motor resistor was the problem (about a $40 gamble) and replacement of this unit solved the problem.

Overall - Highly recommended / I'll return to modify this review if the unit fails in the future.

Nexus Player from Google by ASUS
Nexus Player from Google by ASUS
Price: $94.42
28 used & new from $73.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple TV it Ain't, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I must admit up front that I like Apple products - so take the rest of this review with that freely admitted bias in mind. I got this device for free from the Vine program in lieu of getting a second Apple TV for our basement TV. This device especially given the price point certainly has some limitations. Setup is not as easy as an identically-priced Apple TV and requires pairing of the controller. You must log in with a Google account - no way to use the device without that. I was not able to find out the device's MAC address for my wireless security - I had to deactivate that security feature on my network, allow this unit to log in, and then use the software from my Airport Express to find the MAC address, write it down, and then add it back in as an allowed device. A bit of a pain.

There are a lot of movies and TV shows to peruse and add to your Wish List. You can also select to rent or buy some titles.

I started out going to YouTube and after 2 minutes it crashed. I could access other apps but the YouTube app was DOA. There was no way from software to restart the device so I had to resort to unplugging it. A minute later (after re-start involving the spinning Google balls) and things were working again. I watched several YouTube videos without further incident.

I have used it to log in to NetFlix and it works well for that.

Overall, not a bad device but price point is very high for what you get.

Annex Quad Lock Bike Mount Kit for iPhone 6 - Black
Annex Quad Lock Bike Mount Kit for iPhone 6 - Black
Price: $69.95
6 used & new from $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive-Locking iPhone 6 Bike Mount, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had bike mounts for prior iPhones and of was very happy that this item became available now that I have an iPhone 6. As we just ended the deep freeze here in the midwest I have not had a chance to get out on the bike with it but with a lot of experience with prior mounts I can say this one is a keeper. Prior systems I've had (notably Wahoo) worked fine and locked in the phone securely. This one goes the extra mile in that - a very clever rotation / snap system with a part moving in sort of as a double lock. Very difficult to describe (obviously!) but it appears this will keep the phone extra secure. Don't want to create any iPhone6 paperweights!

As I plan to ride a lot this season, I'll post an update should there be any unexpected problems.

Overall, highly recommended.

LA Linen™ 58-Inch Wide Cotton Muslin fabric By 20 Yards Roll, Natural Color.
LA Linen™ 58-Inch Wide Cotton Muslin fabric By 20 Yards Roll, Natural Color.
Offered by LA Linen
Price: $53.96
6 used & new from $46.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Muslin for "Broadway Flats", March 14, 2015
This item was purchased (2 orders) and used to make Broadway "flats" for a production of Beauty and the Beast. The Muslin is of high quality and worked well. It was strong and did not rip during "sizing" and was easy to paint. We had enough to make eight 4x8 foot double sided flats.

Overall, highly recommended - also must mention quick shipping from this great seller.

Herbal Essences  Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Shampoo, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Shampoo, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.99
3 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shampoo, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With a family of 4 we go through a lot of shampoo and so seeing this item come available on the Vine was a welcome thing. We've used this brand before and this version did not disappoint. I actually usually use Head and Shoulders but for a change it is nice to use something different and this shampoo smells good and cleans well.

Overall, highly recommended.

TP-LINK UH700 7-Port USB 3.0 Hub, 5Gbps Transfer Rate with 12V/2.5A Power Adapter, 1-Meter USB 3.0 Cable, Plug and Play
Price: $29.99
48 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, March 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the sort of thing that if you plug it in and it works fine, that's about all there is to say! I was pleased that this became available since I'm always running out of USB ports and it was time to upgrade to USB 3.0. It is a powered hub which is good for allowing charging of devices and it is has a slim and attractive design. I am using it with an iMac and it works as expected / plug and play. Transfer speeds seem very fast. I have no complaints.

Overall, recommended with good price point.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Heat Resistant to 425 Degrees, Everyday Kitchen Basic  Pot Holder, Set of 2, Nautical Blue
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Heat Resistant to 425 Degrees, Everyday Kitchen Basic Pot Holder, Set of 2, Nautical Blue
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Basic Pot Holders, January 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One thing I know in the kitchen (my wife would agree likely only the one thing!) is that you can't have too many potholders. These serve their purpose well. They are attractive looking (especially compared to some singed ones we have) and though a bit still I suspect they will loosen up after washing. There is a bit of a neoprene smell on initially opening up the package but it faded quickly even without washing. I have not tried them out to the full rated 425 degrees and will post back if there is any issue there.

Overall, recommended / no complaints.

Braven LUX Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - Gold
Braven LUX Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - Gold
Price: $99.86
2 used & new from $99.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Speaker, Easy Pairing, January 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This arrived today and I'm writing an enthusiastic review as it works great. Pairing was easy to do (you do have to look at the directions) and the sound is great. Much better than another bluetooth speaker I got a while back and this one is wireless / does not have to be plugged in. Being able to pause the music from the speaker is a plus and it doubling as a phone charger is a nice touch. The design is elegant and attractive. I am using it with a gold iPhone 6 - so even the color matches!

Pros:
Nice design
Good sound
Easy pairing
Phone charger
Water resistant

Cons:
None noted at this point

Overall, highly recommended.

iPhone 6 Battery Case, ZuZo Slim External Protective iPhone 6 Battery Case - W/ LIFETIME WARRANTY - iPhone 6 4.7" Battery Case with Built-in Kickstand - Lightning Connector Input / Output [Updated 2015 Version] (Black)
Offered by ZuZo
Price: $28.95
7 used & new from $21.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Charger Case, a Few Drawbacks, January 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always used a charger case for iPhones in the past as iPhone batteries have always been the weakest link of the system. I was therefore pleasantly surprised with the iPhone 6 - for me at least the battery lasts all day. With the amount of use which would have taken my iPhone 5 down to around 30%, my iPhone 6 only goes down to 70%! So, the battery case has been less of a need for me this time so I had not bought one. I was very pleased that this case became available on the Vine program since I do have an upcoming campout where long battery life will come in handy!

This is a very nice case. The surface is rubberized and seems easy to hold. The kickstand is okay and might come in handy at some point though it is very difficult to pop into position. The weight of the case is toward the bottom of the phone and extends the phone in that direction. It is not much more bulky than a typical case without a battery.

Pros:
Does not add much bulk to phone.
Significant extension of battery life.
You choose when case charges battery.
Lightning connector on outside of case. (this is a big plus - you don't have to have 2 types of cables for charging)

Cons:
Very bright LEDs when case is powering phone. Could use electrical tape to cover then or just shield with a finger if using the phone, otherwise distracting.
Like other charger cases I have owned there is decrease in cell signal getting to the phone - unfortunately this means my cell signal does not reach my phone in my home always so I won't leave this case on full time.

Overall, recommended.

SABRE RED Stop Strap Pepper Spray - Police Strength - Deactivation Technology with Black Key Case
Price: $18.66
26 used & new from $15.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, hope to never use it!, January 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this not for personal protection but for use in an emergency against bears as the information indicates that this strength would be effective for that. The unit is well made with an intuitive flip-up cap over the trigger button.

I sprayed myself with a couple of quick bursts just to try it out and it works great! I can hardly see as I type this. OK, honestly there is no way to really check this product out but I promise to return to update this review in the unfortunate event that I do actually use it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20