Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for L. D'orlaque > Reviews

Browse

L. D'orlaque's Profile

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. D'orlaque RSS Feed (Bellaire, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Star Wars Episode 7 The Force Awakens Character Pint Glass Sets - 16oz (Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma)
Offered by Knextion Inc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic printing wrapped around glass, not etched onto glass ..., January 24, 2016
Plastic printing wrapped around glass, not etched onto glass. Frays upon first use. Dishwasher would mean death of design. So, your well-meaning family cannot assist with dishes.

Adonit Jot Script 2 - Evernote Edition Fine Point Precision Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPhone
Offered by Adonit USA
Price: $54.99
53 used & new from $30.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stylus, December 29, 2015
Not the easiest setup, but once I got this connected, I love it. My handwriting is typically horrible and the fact that this is a multitude neater and I can reread my notes easily. No lag when I practiced for speed writing. It works in Notes app. It works in Penultimate and even Evernote itself. I attached my first try of the app as a screenshot, but it definitely curbed the iPad Pro fever and I'm falling in love again with my Air 2. I will update once I've used this as my sole writing instrument all week.

The main problems I anticipated based on popular review was lag and illegible handwriting. For penultimate app, I had to indicate my hand position and turn off multitasking gestures. First few hours in, but my handwriting looks better with every try. It syncs to Evernote which is a huge function for me.

I had to restart my iPad, disable Bluetooth, enable Bluetooth, turn on stylus, open app, a few times before a connection was established. Once established, it's been a dream. And reconnecting doesn't require the same bizarre dance. Aside from setup, 5-star product, able contender for those interested in this due to launch of Apple pencil.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, White
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, White
Price: $107.99
8 used & new from $107.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Syncs with My Fitness Pal and easy set-up, October 25, 2013
The good: easy setup, clean user face, accurate, measures body weight, recognizes user, you can add up to eight users, syncs with fitbit flex, awesome online support groups, and various fitness apps. I bought it as part of an ecosystem of products. First the scale and activity tracker and awaiting what comes next.

The bad: not always pleased with the number on the scale, but this is user error.

I bought this because of the amazing components. There are many smart scales to choose, but within this family of products is a reliable activity tracker and new products coming soon. I didn't choose the withings scale because it has a harder setup, I'm accustomed to plug and play. The withings activity tracker was not as appealing to me. The products are on par with one another, but user experience favors the fitbit aria.

Updated to add that a few years later, the scale is done. The screen prompts remain active all day until the battery drains. So, I change the battery every three days. I contacted support who only suggested making sure not to use this on a carpeted surface (we have hard tile) and verify that the batteries were installed properly. Failing that, the support agent had no assistance. There is no Fitbit repair facility or if there is one, it was not offered to me. So, my scale sitts near trash recaptcle awaiting the nerve to discard. Nice scale aesthetically and to maintain Fitbit relationship, but buy any extended warrenty offered...I've never had a scale malfunction and to pay the price I paid a few years ago without any technician available. I didn't want a free replacement only a place to get this thing serviced. Shopping for a new smart scale now and I will consider warranty and support in my purchase.

Calculus, Hybrid (with Enhanced WebAssign Homework and eBook LOE Printed Access Card for Multi Term Math and Science)
by Ron Larson
40 used & new from $29.89

5.0 out of 5 stars If Your Instructor Uses WebAssign For Homework, This Version Is It!!, September 5, 2013
I ordered this book even though the course syllabus indicated that the hard cover book was the one needed for the course. I considered the fact that my instructor used WebAssign for homework which would be an additional seventy-five to one hundred dollars without the hard cover book OR this option. The difference between this hybrid option and the hard cover option is:
1. Price Hardcover is at least one hundred dollars more at the time of writing
2. Softcover hybrid does not included chapter exercises at the end of the book which makes sense if the instructor uses WebAssign online instead of chapter exercises.
3. Softcover hybrid comes with the life of edition Enhanced WebAssign access which includes homework and full e-book and runs for one hundred dollars by itself. So, it's like getting the book for free.
4. Did I mention that this book is soft cover?
5. Same identical textbook otherwise aside from page numbers differences resulting from the lack of chapter exercises at the end of book.

What I buy this book if not for WebAssign access? Yes, I would buy it used if I didn't need access chapter exercises. The book fully explains difficult concepts and is useful for Calculus I, II, and III.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 7:29 PM PST

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
20 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy internet user for gaming, two Macs, two PC's, and a variety of other wi-fi enabled products, March 7, 2013
Another satisfied Apple purchase. The set up was super fast, I tried to complicate it more than it required. Simply hard connect everything that you want to use with ethernet cable, then plug in the airport. If you use an Apple computer, go to Airport Utility so that you can set passwords and username. Seconds later, you're ready to go! We're getting the most speed out of our internet than we've seen in a long while. This is the best router and it's worth the money because it not only works, it takes the pain out of set-up. I had buggy service with the generic router that came with the internet service, my husband and sons play WOW so lagging would have been a major issue.

For PC installation, seek out the Apple wi-fi connection once you've connected all of your devices as stated above. Once you find it, it should prompt you through all of the same steps as with an Apple computer. My husband connected an HP desktop and a Qosmio laptop and were connected just as fast as my Macs.

The only con I noticed is that the book describes the different colors of the power light and defines blinking amber light as a problem with the connection and steady amber light as the system updating itself. Green as shown in the picture is the desired color. Well, the amber light blinks during successful setup as well, but the manual contradicts itself. In one instance, it mentions that the blinking amber light is concerning and calls for troubleshooting that involves disconnecting wires and recycling the modem. In another section, it indicates that blinking amber is a part of proper setup. The confusion caused a minor delay, but otherwise we were able to get the show on the road. If you have Airport Utility installed on your computer, I would directly refer to that after connecting all of your hard-wired devices. The setup via Airport Utility is easier than following along in the manual. AirPort Utility is available for PC and is included in most Macs.

The Walking Dead [Download]
The Walking Dead [Download]

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware For Snow Leopard Only, December 30, 2012
I have the game on my iPhone and iPad, love playing it. Tried to download it on my Mountain Lioned iMac and MBP, it's a no-go. If you still have Snow Leopard as we near 2013, then you will enjoy this game. The choice you make in Episode One is crucial to the outcome of the game, but otherwise it's a change your dialogue more than a change your fate type game, but I enjoyed playing it on my iOS 6 devices. I give it four stars because it was addicting enough to make me play a few different ways to see if the outcomes changed, but the outcomes are scripted...so the game has a specific direction that you will follow regardless of choices you make.

The Unborn
The Unborn
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot, September 23, 2012
This review is from: The Unborn (Amazon Video)
I've not come to expect Oscar-worthy performances in the horror/thriller genre, but it kept me engaged. This isn't an obvious remake of any Asian horror movie, but I'm a fan of that particular genre and was quite pleased with this movie. It's creepy and is not the typical scary movie. I'm not going to spoil the movie, but this one is for you if you like movies like, "A Tale of Two Sisters," "Premonition (Asian horror not Sandra Bullock)," One Missed Call (original Asian version).

Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey - 22 oz
Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey - 22 oz
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: $11.70
14 used & new from $8.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes OK, but wasn't crystallized., September 11, 2012
Maybe I have a bad batch, but this one wasn't crystallized or solid. The flavor blend was fine. I prefer raw manuka honey, but I've had some great experiences with other types of raw honey and tried this one based on rave reviews. If you prefer a solid honey, again it may be a bad batch for me, but this one was only slightly less runny than processed honey. Maybe this is normal, I haven't tried this brand before. It was opaque which is a good thing, but the texture wasn't what I hoped. The flavor was just ok. It was not impressed, but on a good note...this means I won't devour the entire jar in a week as normal. I usually find any and every excuse to dip into a jar of honey.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 7:04 PM PST

Soul Mates
Soul Mates
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It took about two episodes, but I Love This Show!!, September 9, 2012
Great guy humor that women can appreciate. Very cleverly written about real-life situations even in complex themes. Easy to follow along as it's so funny. A great comedy with a chemistry fueled team.

American Government: Roots and Reform, 2011 Texas Edition (6th Edition)
American Government: Roots and Reform, 2011 Texas Edition (6th Edition)
by Karen O'Connor
59 used & new from $0.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great text & same book for two courses, Govt I. and Govt 2., August 14, 2012
Detailed and written in a clear language that helps you understand important concepts in one read.
The best thing about this text is if you plan properly this text is used for both part one and part two of the intro to government courses. So, it saves money if you plan your courses around instructors who use the same text as the one you have. I've noticed that some teachers use different books, but I actually checked the instructor's posted syllabus to be sure this book is the one that is used.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6