Profile for Bill Cashell > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 660

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Cashell "Author of The Emotional Diet" RSS Feed (Omaha, Nebraska)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Kona French Press #1 Premium Coffee Maker & Tea Press-Thick Thermal Shock Resistant 34oz Glass *FREE Bonus Screen Limited Time Offer-Easy Clean 3 Piece Stainless Steel Parts-Best Espresso Maker Gift Perfect for All Coffee Lovers by Idylc Homes ✔Buy With Confidence 100% RISK FREE GUARANTEE
Offered by Idylc Homes
Price: $29.89
4 used & new from $26.89

5.0 out of 5 stars No Longer a Skeptic - This really Works, July 27, 2014
I love my coffee in the morning, but I have never really cared for latte, espresso or other variations of coffee. I like mine plain and black, but I usually add hot water to mine because strong coffee can seem a bit acidic.

I had heard of coffee presses making better coffee, but this was the first time I had tried one. It is a bit like brewing tea, because you let the coffee steep in the water for several moments to get the full flavor from it. Then you slowly press the filter down until the grounds are trapped below it and you can pour the coffee into your cup.

I’ll admit I was a bit skeptical that this would really make much difference in the taste, but I was convinced after I tried it. The first thing I noticed was the color and texture of the coffee. It was not as dark as usual, even though the suggested amount of coffee was more than I usually use in my drip maker. I decided to taste it before adding hot water, thinking it would be a bit too acidic for my taste. What a surprise! It was the smoothest coffee I have tasted. All that flavor without the bitterness.

The carafe is very well constructed and quite attractive. It is also easy to clean, which is a necessity for me. One thing I would suggest to keep the flavor smooth is to use filtered water to remove the chlorine. I heated it in the microwave and it worked perfectly. The instructions suggested coarse coffee. I used my regular ground coffee and it was much better than my drip maker. I’m looking forward to using freshly ground coffee next.

Bottom line: Easy to use, easy to clean and just as fast as my drip maker. This is definitely changing the way I make my morning brew. Two thumbs up for the Kona French Press.

Manifest Moment to Moment: 8 Principles to Create the Life You Truly Desire
Manifest Moment to Moment: 8 Principles to Create the Life You Truly Desire
by Carrol McLaughlin
Price: $11.55
37 used & new from $8.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book - Wish it was longer., July 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first saw the title of this book, I had to ask myself, "Do we really need another book in manifesting our dreams?" It seems there have been a plethora of books on this topic since the release of "The Secret". I have always been a fan of Louise Hay, and I noticed it is published by Hay House, so that gave it more credibility to me.

The authors are credible as well. Tejpal holds masters degrees in business and psychology, while Dr. Carrol McLaughlin is a professor at the University of Arizona.

Rather than rehash the law of attraction, they have put together 8 principles for learning to harness the power of manifesting. Each principle has a separate chapter. Here are the principles wit a brief description and comment.

1. You Have a Unique Soul Mission. This is about identifying what really makes you happy and why you are in this life (besides margaritas and pizza).

2. It's All About Energy. When you are able to be in harmony with what you want, you can create it. This is easier said than done and takes a commitment.

3. Intuition is the Magic Wand. The more you trust you intuition, the easier it is to connect with your experience and find what you want. I find it is often hard to really trust my intuition.

4. Your Belief and Your Story Do Not Define You and Can Be Changed. Everyone has a story about why they are the way they are. When you buy into it, it becomes your limiting belief. Change your story, change your life.

5. Your Desire Forms the Basis of Every Manifestation. What happens when your desires do not come true? Maybe the problem is you. Remove your own blocks and be free to move forward.

6. Intention Overcomes Every Obstacle. Intention is powerful. Instead of wishing for something, intend to have it. This is a big difference.

7. You Have the Power to Clear, Heal and Reinvent Constantly. Perhaps it is the emotional baggage that is holding you back. Start by clearing your chakras.

8. Your Inner Guidance Knows the Path to Creating Life Balance. If the world is your oyster, how do you know what to chose that is right for you? More help from the chakras.

I have been studying information like this for years, and most of it was familiar to me. However, this is the first time I have seen all of it together and organized like this. I really like it and think it is very effective.

The authors have been conducting workshops on these topics, and the book has the feel of a workshop in print. There are presentation-like explanations of each topic, followed by exercises to create the experience. The real effectiveness of creating success lies in completing the exercises. The real challenge is that most people want to just read and don't take the time for the exercise. There is great value for those who do. I would love to attend one of their workshops. I think the group experience would be amazing.

For some people, this will be less effective in book form. I love the concepts. I wish there was more detail in most of the chapters. The chapters on chakras could benefit from more information, and the chapters on clearing would be more helpful with techniques like EFT, which was mentioned briefly in an earlier chapter.

If you have some knowledge of these topics and are willing to do the exercises, this book could be life changing. If you are new to some of this, I would recommend supplementing it with E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality to understand more about energy, The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles to understand the science behind beliefs, The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want for clearing blocks.

Step-by-Step Stupidly Easy Course on How to Make Six Figures Through Amazon Kindle Publishing Exposed
Price: $3.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting place for new Kindle authors, July 5, 2014
If you want to get started publishing your own book in Kindle, 'Step-by-Step Stupidly Easy Course on How to Make Six Figures through Amazon Kindle Publishing Exposed' by Muhammad N. Sikandar is a great place to start.

The author is experienced with the process because he has self-published many books on Amazon. This book will take you through the entire process of writing and using KDP with advice on how to promote your book.

It is not the most complete book on Kindle or book writing, but it does guide you through the entire process used by so many people today to make money on Kindle. If you are interested in becoming a serious author, you may want to read attitional books on writing and publishing. The fact is, the world of book publishing has changed so much in the past few years, so there is a lot of good information for anyone wanting to write a book. For the price, this is a real bargain.

iHome iM59WC Rechargeable Color Changing Mini Speaker (White)
iHome iM59WC Rechargeable Color Changing Mini Speaker (White)
Price: $18.46
32 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mini Speaker I Have Found, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The market has become flooded with mini speakers, especially under $20. This is my third mini speaker in that class, and it is by far the best. I got it primarily to use on my lap top (which has less than stellar speakers) but I find myself using it with my phone and mp3 players as well.

The construction is solid and nice looking - much more "polished" than most. It doesn't have a built-in cable. It has a single USB charging/speaker cable that is much sturdier than the cable on other speakers. It can be used on any device with a standard head phone jack. It is perfect for a computer because it can be charging while it is in use. There are small rubber feet on the bottom to eliminate skids and vibrations.

The sound is louder and fuller than my others, with more pronounced bass - probably because the diameter is bigger and the bellows is heavier rubber. The lows and highs from this little speaker are exceptional. When hooked up to my lap top, the distortion in audio is only evident in mid-range at max volume. Even so, the loss of audio is minimal and the volume at that level will fill the room like a much larger speaker. The quality of audio for a portable speaker this size system is very good.

The battery life seems very good - I have used it for about 6 hours so far. There is an on/off switch, and a blue light that indicates the power is on. The light turns red when the battery is low. One feature that sets this apart is the LED lighting effects, which will change color in the bellows while playing. I really enjoy this when I'm playing music on my phone outside in the evening. The lighting effect can be turned off with a separate button.

Bottom line: There are better speakers available for more money, but this is the best portable speaker for under $20 that I have come across so far.

De'Longhi BGR50 Reversible Grill/Griddle
De'Longhi BGR50 Reversible Grill/Griddle
Price: $97.49
5 used & new from $84.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Perfect but Very Good, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love grilling inside when the weather gets cold, so I have been on a quest to find the perfect electric grill. This one is not quite perfect, but it is one of the best I have found so far. Having the griddle also eliminates the need for a separate appliance.

I bought this to try something different from the typical George Foreman type grill. I was so sick and tired of trying to clean the Foreman grill I already own with the non-removable plates! It also has a simple grease tray that sits in front of the grill and is easy to knock over. My next grill was a Hamilton Beach contact grill with removable plates for easy cleaning. It was easier to clean, but slower to heat up and no temperature control.

The Delonghi is super simple to use. Plug in the cord to the grill (like an electric skillet) and plug the cord into an outlet and there you go. It heats up quickly to 400 degrees and is ready to go in no time. The adjustable heat control including a "sear" setting for those grill marks on your steak. It is powerful enough that you never get the grey meat you can get when it cooks too slow at too low a heat. The element is embedded, so the heat is even and goes all the way out to the edges.

It is the perfect size and super, super easy to clean! Thank goodness because that was my main reason for getting a new tabletop grill in the first place. It is totally dishwasher safe but I just wash mine off in the sink. The not-stick coating seems more durable than most, but I still use a soft wash cloth. A ceramic finish would make it even better. This will not cook as fast as a contact grill, but having the reversible griddle plate makes it well worth it.

What really makes this grill nice is the attention to details in the design. The grill has high enough ribs to keep the food away from grease and there are drain holes between the ribs at the end of the grill on the left side. The right side sits slightly higher to allow the grease to flow to the holes. The removable temperature control goes into the element on the right. The grill sits in a base that has non-skid rubber feet and hand grips for moving. The griddle side is recessed around the sides to direct grease to the drain holes.

The grease drains down to large heavy-duty galvanized steel tray that is removable for cleaning. It is easy to line the tray with foil to make clean up even easier. There is a unique lever on the right side that pops up when the grease tray is in place. The heat control cannot be inserted into the element if the tray is not in place, so you can't accidentally cook without it.

Overall, it is easy to use, performs well, looks great, good size & weight, easy to clean, high quality, all in a nice design.

D-Link Systems Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L)
D-Link Systems Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L)
Price: $96.99
45 used & new from $91.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Traveling, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I travel quite a bit, so I love anything that will help me get connected. If you are at an airport where there is s charge for wi-fi, you can just pay to connect once and use the portable router to create an instant hotspot for the rest of your devices. Even if, by chance, you’re lucky enough to stumble upon free Wi-Fi, it’s still a great idea to use a portable router like the DIR-510L as it adds an extra layer of protection so you surf safely

When it’s only available via an Ethernet (wired) connection and you need to connect multiple devices or, you can transform a wired internet connection into fast and reliable Wi-Fi that you can share with all your devices.

It can be a little slow connecting to some networks, but the security and accessibility is worth it to me. The battery life is good – about 4 – 5 hours. The ability to use it as a charge is an extra bonus, but not that important to me since I already have a charger.

If you travel a lot (especially with others) this can be a real help for you.

Toshiba 1TB Notebook 2.5-Inch Internal Solid State Hybrid Drive PC 100 PH2100U-1SHD
Price: $101.87
38 used & new from $93.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Hybrid Technology That Works Great, June 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Until the hybrid drive were created, storage was a choice of solid state (fast and expensive) or a spinning hard disk (slower and cheaper).

If you are not familiar with “Hybrid Drives” they are storage devices that combine NAND flash solid-state drive (SSD) with hard disk drive (HDD) technology, with the intent of adding some of the speed of SSDs to the cost-effective storage capacity of traditional HDDs. The purpose of the SSD in a hybrid drive is to act as a cache for the data stored on the HDD, by keeping copies of the most frequently used data on the SSD for improved overall performance.

This Toshiba hybrid has 930GB of actual storage on the disk; with a rotational speed of 5,400 RPM, a Cache / Data Buffer of 32MB and a NAND Flash size 8 GB.

The instructions suggest professional installation, but it is really simple to do yourself with only a couple of small Phillips screws to remove. The old drive just unplugs and the new one plugs right in. Be sure to back up your old drive before removing it.

The first thing I have noticed is the start up is faster. Boot time went from an average of 56 seconds to 38 seconds (also 5400-rpm drive) using Windows 7. This was after a "break-in period" while the software learns which data to cache. Accessing data is faster as well, although I haven’t measured the time.

The extra storage space was a nice upgrade. It is not much more to go to the hybrid drive rather than a standard drive, so I am happy with the Toshiba.

A Course In Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever by Williamson, Marianne 1st (first) Edition (11/2/2010)
21 used & new from $1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Insights into Real Problems, May 16, 2014
If you are already a fan of Marianne Williamson, you will probably enjoy this book. If you are not familiar with her, it may help to know her background before considering this book. She has spent many years studying and teaching the concepts of "A Course in Miracles" which is a spiritual book. She noticed that while embracing these concepts, her emotional need to use food to suppress her negative feelings disappeared. The idea of writing this book came from a conversation with Oprah Winfrey, one of the world's best known dieters.

As you might suspect, this book is not about food, it is about spirituality. It is about finding a power greater than you for help. As Marianne told Oprah, "If you could do it by yourself, you would have done it by now". Good point!

Many people will relate to the thoughts in this book. Childhood wounds create addictive behavior to treat the wounds. When you overeat for comfort, you are not doing it to give yourself love - you are doing it because you dislike something about yourself. When you eat one cookie, it is okay. When you eat the whole bag, it is an act of self-hate.

The premise is that the cause of excessive weight is not in your body, it is in your mind. More specifically, it is fear which blocks feelings of love. The purpose of this course is to find the fear and replace it with love.

There are several exercises and assignments to help you put names on the feelings, such as pain, shame, loathing and whatever you are personally feeling. There are prayers and mental exercises, as well as a journaling section. This is not a book to read passively and expect your life to change. If you really do these things to find and change your feelings, it will probably work for you. This is also a book that is meant to be reviewed several times to reinforce your feelings.

If you tend to be more of a passive reader who wants to read a book and go on to the next one, you might want to consider the audio version of this book and listen to it several times. Marianne is an excellent speaker and really connects with the listener. She is very passionate.

If you are turned off by spirituality and references to God, you may be tempted to skip this book. The ideas and principles are really about your subconscious feelings and how they drive your eating. You are feeding your feelings and not your body. They can apply to anyone no matter what your spiritual beliefs are.

This is not a book to be used alone, because it does not address food. Eating is not rocket science. There is not a heavy person in the world that doesn't know that broccoli is good for you and donuts are bad. However, in today's world it is important to understand more about how certain foods affect your body. Dr. Dean Ornish writes the forward to this book and discusses addictive behavior and diet failure. He and others like him are a good source of information on nutrition.

Bill Cashell - Author of "The Emotional Diet"

The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence: A Woman's Guide to Stressing Less, Weighing Less, and Loving More
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Another Diet Book - The Solution to the Problem, May 13, 2014
So many people think that they would be happy if they could just lose weight or look differently. What if that is completely backward? What if the weight is not the source of our unhappiness, but is actually the result of our hidden feelings and beliefs?

This is the premise of Jessica Ortner's new book, "The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence". Weight loss has become big business and a national obsession, as two thirds of Americans are overweight and one third are considered obese. If you have tried all of the diets and programs (you probably have or you wouldn't be here), this is the missing component that other programs need.

Another diet is not the answer. Losing weight is not rocket science. There is not a heavy person in the world that doesn't know that broccoli is good for you and donuts are bad. The reason most diet books don't work is because they focus on weight or food, but never address the root cause of why you are eating too much. The real heart of this book and process is not about food. It is about loving yourself and feeling good about your body.

I really enjoyed Jessica's writing style. It is like a personal conversation with a friend. I think everyone can relate to her openness and honesty. As she states, "I could no longer use my weight as an excuse not to be happy or go for what I wanted in life. I began to look at my relationship with my body, food, and exercise as well as sexual intimacy, pleasure, and perfection, and I realized that I wasn't broken. I just had layers of beliefs that made life feel unbearable if I couldn't turn to food for comfort." In the end, it is a feel good book about embracing life and feeling good about yourself.

This is not a book to just read. It is crucial that you do the tapping. Without the tapping, this process may show you why you have struggled with weight, but it will not give you the long term weight loss and confidence that you will get with the tapping. The tapping meditations at the end of the chapters are excellent.

If you are turned off by "touchy-feely" programs, you may be tempted to skip this book. There is a lot of science around EFT tapping, and I have been using it successfully with clients for years. The ideas and principles are really about your subconscious feelings and how they drive your eating. You are feeding your feelings and not your body. They can apply to anyone no matter what your beliefs are (yes, that does include men).

I highly recommend this book to everyone who has struggled with their eating. An obsession with food is like any obsessive relationship. It is about getting and not giving. What is missing from your life? What are you trying to get from food? This book will guide you to freedom.

Bill Cashell - Author of "The Emotional Diet"
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 4:53 AM PDT

Remington RM2520 Wrangler 17-Inch 25cc 2-Cycle Attachment-Capable Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer with QuickStart Technology
Price: $104.07
5 used & new from $93.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Than I Expected, April 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It has been a few years since I had a gas powered trimmer. The last one I had worked well the first year but was hard to start. I couldn’t get it started the next year. Since then, I have had 2 different battery powered trimmers. I like the convenience of not having a cord, but you do give up power. I was ready to try another gas powered trimmer, but I did have reservations.

It only took a few minutes to assemble and I was ready for a test drive. I was surprised at how light weight and well balanced it is. It is not that much more than my electric. The operator's manual is easy to read and tells you everything you need to know.

I followed the instructions, and It started easily. It uses pre-mixed gas, which can now be purchased at many home improvement stores. It was much easier to start than my old one. It seemed quieter than my old one although it is still the high-pitched noise of a two-cycle. I always wear ear protectors when using this and my lawn mower.

It certainly has plenty of power for my needs. It is easy to handle, and the curved trimmer head allows for a comfortable holding position when trimming. The line is about twice as thick as my electric, so it will not run out as fast.

Compared to my old gas trimmer as well as my battery powered electric, this one has the power and ease of use that I was looking for. After the experience of my last gas trimmer, I am absolutely thrilled with this one. It is an excellent value, and a great combination of power with light weight. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14