Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS
Profile for Bill Cashell > Reviews

Browse

Bill Cashell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 268
Top Reviewer Ranking: 757

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Cashell "Author of The Emotional Diet" RSS Feed (Omaha, Nebraska)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hiland GSF-PR-PC Fire Pit in Hammered Bronze and Stainless Steel, Bronze
Hiland GSF-PR-PC Fire Pit in Hammered Bronze and Stainless Steel, Bronze

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Small Areas, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are looking for a compact fire pit with a 20 lb propane bottle, this is really nice for the money. The unit comes well packaged, with all of the components in smaller boxes, and packages with Styrofoam in a bigger box. All of the necessary hardware is included, and it even has a small Phillips head screwdriver. The small screwdriver is handy for some of he screws that are hard to access. For the others, I would recommend a larger screwdriver for easier assembly. Assembly took about 45 minutes, and was relatively easy with good instructions.

This fire pit is well constructed, with very heavy paint that should last for years. The cover for the flame box is stainless steel. I would still recommend a cover for the entire unit to keep it looking nice.

The table top is large enough for drinks and snacks, although it is not as heavy as many I have seen, with the steel top being the only surface. I like the heavier surfaces of others that have ceramic tile on the table top.

This was perfect for my smaller area. Most fire pits (especially the ones that have a table top) are larger than this.

The ignighter works much better than most I have seen. The flame lit immediately every time. The instructions said to allow 30 seconds to get the gas to fill the hose after turning the bottle on. The flame ignited right away but went out after a few seconds. It actually took about 2 minutes of retries to get it going. Access to the bottle is very easy.

The flame is nice and even, but is a bit hard to keep going in any kind of wind. The breeze was about 12 mph when I tried it, and it really blew the flame to the side. The glass beads did get a little blackened around the flame area, but most keep their color nicely.

If you have a small area and you are looking for a smaller and more portable gas fire pit for a reasonable price, this is a nice one for the money.

Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine®, 200mg, 90 Veggie Softgels
Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine®, 200mg, 90 Veggie Softgels
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product from a Company I Trust, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been taking CoQ10 for some time, and I was eager to try Viva Lab’s product. I enjoy many other products made by this company, and this product is also of high quality.

CoQ10 is important for heart health and delivery of oxygen. It is also useful for maintaining healthy levels of cholesterol and glucose in the blood. There are 2 types of CoQ10 (Ubiquinone and Ubiquinol). Research shows that Ubiquinol is a more effective source for CoQ10 than Ubiquinone. This Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 is a Ubiquinone CoQ10. I can say that I still notice the boost in energy.

Based on what I have read, I believe that this Viva Labs Ubiquinone CoQ10 is more absorbable by the body than other brands of Ubiquinone CoQ10 because Viva Labs includes BioPerine® (black pepper fruit extract) in their formula. Research shows that black pepper fruit extract makes the Ubiquinone CoQ10 more potent and bioavailable.

I have used many Viva Labs products, including their bulk items like goji berries and cacao powder, and I have been very impresseed by their quality. I believe a brands reputation is important for trust, and I have very high confidence in Viva Labs.

I have been pleased with the results of this CoQ10, and will continue to use it.

Suaoki D21 500A Peak Portable Car Jump Starter Power Bank Battery Booster with Dual USB Charging Port LCD Screen Smart Clamp Charger for SLR Laptop Cell Phone Tablet
Offered by EKEYUS
Price: $89.99
2 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Traveling Companion for ALL Charging Needs, April 4, 2016
Length:: 5:01 Mins

I have seen several battery packs for jump starting a car, but most were much larger than this. I was actual a bit skeptical that a battery the size of a large cell phone could actually start a car, but I was wrong. This is something I will keep in my car and take on every trip.

The entire unit is solid, with attachments for charging it from the wall or car. There are output attachments for charging a car, laptop cell hones and tablets. The case is like a small suitcase - very rugged with a little give to it. The battery is surrounded by an inch of foam, so even a drop on cement will probably not damage it.

So many of the new chargers seem cheaply made, but I am really impressed with the quality of this charger. The car battery clips are heavy copper with powerful springs and heavy cables. They are not especially long, but they are perfect to allow connections without dangling all over. The cable will only go into the battery one way, and there is a built in circuit to avoid damage if you connect to the wrong terminals.

I could not test it with a dead battery, but my multi meter showed more than enough power to jump a car. The fact that it will also charge my laptop was a bonus. There are assorted connectors to allow it to connect to almost any laptop. You can change the voltage by turning the power on and pressing the "Power" button. It will progress through 12, 16 and 19 volts output. The voltage for most laptops is printed on the AC adapter. The instructions said to plug the cable into your computer, turn on the battery and press the POWER button to select the proper voltage. I found that I had to select the voltage before plugging it into my laptop.

Bottom line: I have not been this excited about a new gadget for a long time. I really like this thing.

A discounted/complimentary sample was provided for a candid and honest review. I have no financial or personal connection with the manufacturer, seller or their employees. Having said that, I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend or give as a gift.

Chamberlain WD832KEVG Whisper Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology, 1/2 hp, Gray
Price: $209.99
4 used & new from $209.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Quiet and I Love the Remote Access, April 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never been particularly fond of chain drive openers, and have had good luck with my 25 year old screw-drive Genie. My next door neighbor installed a Chamberlain belt drive opener recently, and I was very impressed with how quiet it was. Most review sites rated the Chamberlain as one of the best, so I was anxious to give it a try.

Most people who are even a bit handy can install this door. It is a good idea to have 2 people and a 6 foot ladder. It is also a good idea to read through the instructions first so you can have all the necessary parts and tools on hand before you begin. If you are replacing an existing opener, this may take 2 – 3 hours. A new installation could add a couple of hours. My son and I did ours in about 3 hours. If your door is taller than the standard 7 foot door, you may need to order the extension kit.

One great feature is the MyQ Technology, which allows you to remotely check and operate the door from your smart phone or tablet when you’re many miles away, or just about to dose off in bed, and just can’t remember if you closed the door. It uses your home WiFi network and your existing router. If your signal is weak at the garage door, you can use a range extender. Chamberlain also sells a separate MyQ add-on unit that can be used with any existing opener.

The MyQ app is free to download at the app store. Just open it and follow the on-screen instructions. You check the status of your door on your phone or tablet, and open r close it from anywhere you have internet service.

Bottom Line: I highly recommend it for anyone who wants an ultra-quiet opener that is easy and convenient to program and use and has the added advantage of a WiFI connection for verification and operation of the door. It will work on sectional doors as well as one-piece doors and both installation methods are included in the directions and all parts are included (except the optional extension).

Leather Supreme Patriotic American Flag Eagle Clutching Arrows Biker Patch-Red-Medium
Offered by Leather Supreme
Price: $14.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Patch with a Stiff Backing., March 26, 2016
This is really a nicely detailed patch. The quality and color is better than it looks in the pictures.

The one challenge you may have is sewing it on a fabric. The patch has a vinyl lining on the back, and it is difficult to get off. It probably is there to keep the threads from unraveling. It makes it a little stiff if it were sewn on with the backing. That is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.

I used it on my leather seats and it worked perfectly. I left the backing on and attached it with headliner adhesive.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Platinum-Plated Sterling Silver Swarovski Zirconia Heart Solitaire Pendant Necklace, 18" + 2" Extender
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Expected, March 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Platinum Plated Sterling Sliver Swarovski Zirconia Heart Solitaire Pendant Necklace is stunning and is becoming one of my favorites. Swarovski is known for it's sparkle and this one far exceeded my expectations.

The original picture of the heart size seemed as if it might be a bit small but as soon as I opened the box I realized that wasn't the case and the heart shows off beautifully alone or grouped with other necklaces. The chain is delicate but works fine and goes well with the pendant although I may put a bit heavier chain with it as I plan to wear it a lot!
Comment Comment | Permalink

18k Gold Plated Sterling Silver Swarovski Green Ombre Turtle Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $30.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Great Gift, March 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very cute 1" green sparkly crystal turtle necklace in gold. Tiny crystal are beautifully arranged on it's back ranging from clear to darker green and sparkle in the light.

The size is perfect to wear alone or along with a coordinating necklace (s) for layering. Chain is okay but a bit delicate for me and I'll probably add a heavier one in the future. Overall, this is beautiful necklace, appears to be well made and came in very nice gift box.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Digital Luggage Scale, FRiEQ Portable Digital Luggage Scale with LCD Display - Measurement of your Luggage's Weight (110lb/50kg) and Dimensions (10ft/3M)
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars This Can Save Time and Money at the Airport, February 20, 2016
This Luggage Scale works great, I've used it to weigh at least a dozen different types of suitcases and all reads accurately. Great time saver for checking the weight right before heading out to the airport and having no surprises there. All my suitcases have gone through with no weight issues as my readings were in line with the readings at the airport when they check the weight.

The product is light and portable and most importantly easy to use. Easy to keep with you in your carry-on and check the weight periodically. I've relied on this device so much on my vacations making sure I don't have to pay extra for going over the weight limit.

This scale is designed to weigh a bag up to 110 pounds (higher than others I have seen), and can do so in different measurements such as kg. The replaceable battery is a standard CR2032 battery that is included, just remove a plastic protector to activate it. This Luggage Scale is easy to use, just take the strap and put it over the handle of the luggage and then just check the weight. The scale will continue to display the weight for about 10-15 seconds, giving me time to see it accurately. I tested this scale against my regular shipping scale at home for my bag and got the same number on my carry on bag. I was very happy with the consistency.

I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review

TP-LINK Wi-Fi Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring, Works with Amazon Alexa, Controls Your Electronics from Anywhere (HS110)
Price: $39.95
51 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Set Up - Control The Plug From Anywhere, February 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not a real "Techie", so I need things that are actually easy to set up and use. This was relatively easy, once I got past the initial problem.

To use this, you have download an App to your smart phone or other device. The App is available for both Apple and Android. I tried to download it on my Samsung S2, and it said the App was not available for my device. I tried using my wife's Samsung S5, and was able to download it there. It was able to install it on my tablet, but I would have to be near a wi fi spot to use it.

Set up was easy. Just plug it in and wait for the light to indicate it was ready. Then, you open the app and enter your home wifi password to allow it to access your network. It connected right away, and I was in business. I plugged a lamp into the plug for testing.

The first thing it brought up was an ON/OFF button. I pressed it and the lamp came on and off with the press of a button. It is pretty cool to be able to do that from anywhere in the world.

There are also setting for temporary timer and vacation settings. I was not able to get the temporary setting to activate the plug. It may have been the way I was using it. There are no instructions, but it seems pretty straight forward on the screen of my phone.

I tried the "Away" setting to use the plug as a timer to automatically turn it on and off while you are on vacation. It was easy enough to just set the start and stop time and select the days of the week you want. It told me it would randomly come on and off during that time period (I like that idea). I set it for just a few minutes, and it worked perfectly. When you use the "Away" setting, it will continue every day until you turn it off on the App.

There is also a read-out on the App that tells you how much energy was used by this plug.

Overall, this is a really handy device. It was easy to set up and easy to use. The only negatives were the limited availability for older phones and no documentation.

Sentey Headphones with Microphone Audiophile Headset Metal Band for Travel Work Gaming Running Sport Transport Carrying Case Included Over the Ear Cups Rotation Volume Control Portable
3 used & new from $28.91

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Comfortable and Great Sound, February 6, 2016
I am not an expert at measuring sound quality, and my hearing is not quite as good as it used to be. I do quite a bit of traveling, and love to listen to books on tape and listen to videos as I watch them on my tablet. In looking for headphones I was mainly looking for something to use with in areas that could be a bit noisy, such as airplanes and places with a lot of people. I wanted something over the ear to block out sounds, and some kind of removable cable because it keeps from getting tangled in my travel bag. These fit the bill perfectly for me. For the price I'm very impressed.

First impressions are lasting, and the quality of the box is an indicator of what is to come. It also makes me think of this as an excellent gift choice. The headphones themselves have the same kind of quality with a very nice metal band, good looking hardware, and comfortable material. The removable cable is a flat, no tangle cable that is very flexible. It is high quality and feels like it will last through have use.

The headphones fit snugly, and the ear cups are nice and soft and seal well on my ears. This is just what I was looking for. The sound quality was perfectly. Watching a movie on my tablet gave a great range and exceptionally quality. They especially sounded good on the music, and the voices were especially clear.

Overall I think these are hard to beat, especially for the price. If you are looking for high quality over the ear head phones with removable cord and a reasonable price, these are hard to match. A discounted/complimentary sample was provided for a candid and honest review. I have no financial or personal connection with the manufacturer, seller or their employees. I would recommend these to a friend and will consider purchasing more as gifts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20