Profile for Bill Cashell > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 621

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Cashell "Author of The Emotional Diet" RSS Feed (Omaha, Nebraska)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
How Do I Keep My Employees Motivated?
How Do I Keep My Employees Motivated?
by PhD George Langelett
Price: $14.22
24 used & new from $6.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book on Relational Leadership - Exceeded My Expectations, August 14, 2014
I have to admit that I was a little less than excited by the title of this book. There are so many books on motivation, and it is really an inside job for individuals to motivate themselves. The title of this book is really a bit misleading, because the ideas presented go far beyond motivation. These are ideas in this book can relate to your friends and family in your everyday life.

The title of the first chapter really sums up the key concept of this book: EMPATHY: THE FOUNDATION FOR A NEW APPROACH TO MANAGEMENT. Dr. Langelett explains the reasons empathy should be the foundation for the way managers deal with employees, and presents the goals of empathy-based management.

The book is actually relatively short for a business book - just 5 chapters and a bit more than 130 pages. The first three chapters explore the concepts and goals of empathy-based management, and introduces the concept of “intersubjectivity” – emotional experiences shared by two or more people. Chapter 4 gives you tools for empathy-based management and Chapter 5 deals with the practice of empathy-based management an puts the tools to use.

Unlike many new untested theory ideas, this is a well researched book with worksheets, notes, extended appendixes, and a bibliography with extensive additional resources.

This book really exceeded my expectations. This is the best leadership book I have seen in a long time. The concepts can apply to any part of your life for parents, friends and people who are not managers.

Eklund Essential Omega - Norwegian Fish Oil - 90 Capsules - Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil in Superior Triglyceride Form - Natural Lemon Flavor and 100% Money Back Guarantee
Offered by Eklund Laboratories
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fish Oil I Have Tried, August 13, 2014
I am a big fan of fish oil for brain function and body health. I eat fish, but fish oil is a better choice if you don’t know the source of the fish. Much of today’s fish contains mercury or toxins. Some fish oils are made overseas with questionable ingredients, so it is important to check the quality.

This is listed as pharmaceutical grade and third party tested for toxins and heavy metals. It is made from anchovies, sardines. Also, it contains both EPA and DHA acids, while many cheaper brands contain only EPA.

The capsule is an easy-to-swallow softgel. It has no fishy taste or smell and comes in a 90 capsule bottle. There are cheaper fish oil tablets available, but it would be hard to find better quality. If you are looking for a fish oil to help reduce inflammation and improve cardiovascular function, this would be a great choice.

Don't Die with Your Music Still in You: My Experience Growing Up with Spiritual Parents
by Serena Dyer
Price: $11.53
48 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Perspective on Wayne Dyer's Teachings, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you like Wayne Dyer (I do and have all of his books) you will probably relate to this book. Growing up with Wayne Dyer must be both a blessing and a curse. Much of his teachings have to rub off on you, but the bar is set pretty high. Serena informs us that her book basically follows her father's book, "10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace". This book is her unique and intimate perspective on learning those "10 Secrets," in the Dyer house hold.

Serena arranges the "10 Secrets," in chapters full of personal stories and anecdotes. At the end of each chapter, Wayne Dyer, her Dad, responds to what Serena has told us, providing his own perspective on raising Serena and his other children.
Serena titled the book, "Don't Die with Your Music Still in You" is also the title of the first chapter in her book. She suggests that the real message of this book is all about how you lead your life, not about what you "do" with your life. She explains that while she was once "irked," about the concept of life being a "journey," now she feels good that she is able to live her life and be on her journey without ever having to change who or what she is for anyone else. In this book, Serena takes us with her on her journey as she grows up in the Dyer household, providing with insights and amusing stories about her life with a famous father she calls, "Dad."

If you have read Wayne Dyer's books, you are probably wondering why should we care about this book? Especially to people who have already read, "10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace", why would anyone want to read a book based upon a book they have already read? Even Serena clearly states that she has basically followed her father's book in organizing her own story about life with her famous father.

What we get in this book is a very personal perspective on the way a young woman was raised by parents deeply involved in writing, public speaking and practicing motivation and self-help. As I mentioned. growing up in Wayne's shadow is both a blessing and a curse.

Serena tells us stories in which she shares with us deeply embarrassing moments of self-revelation and times of her deepest joys. She shares with us stories of friendships made, stories about daily life in the Dyer household, and stories about moments of weakness and triumph. Each of her stories explains how she learned, first hand, each of her father's 10 Secrets. It is a book on one person applying what she learned, which is kind of a guide for the rest of us.

This is not another Wayne Dyer book, and yet it is not separate from his teachings. It is a introspective on how to live those teachings in a world that is far from perfect and yet exciting and wonderful. If you are looking for Wayne's wisdom, you will find some of it here. Mostly, what you get is trying to live the ideals of a famous father while finding your own identity.

Five Stars: Putting Online Reviews to Work for Your Business
Five Stars: Putting Online Reviews to Work for Your Business
by Gradiva Couzin
Price: $21.85
50 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for Authors and Business Owners, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are an author or business owner, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of this great book "Five Stars: Putting Online Reviews to Work for Your Business". As the name suggests, Five Stars is all about reviews – particularly “local” reviews (Google+, Yelp, etc.).

It was written by Gradiva Couzin and Jennifer Grappone – the same authors who wrote “SEO: An Hour a Day”. They are well-known in the world of SEO and have a wealth of experience as marketers.

The book is very well written, with easy-to-follow directions on getting good reviews. The book includes screen-shot type pictures and explains step by step what to do to get good reviews for your business or products. I never realized how much there was to this and what you can do to help influence and solicit reviews.

I especially liked the chapter on what to do when you get negative reviews. I can say from first-hand experience what negative reviews can do. Gradiva and Jen explain the approach you need to take if you want more and better reviews:

If you want actionable, doable suggestions for how to get more and better reviews, local visibility, and customers for your business or product, this is the best few bucks you’ll invest all year:

Norton Small Business - 10 Device
Norton Small Business - 10 Device
Price: $159.99
2 used & new from $159.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Product that Covers All Devices, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After several years of using other security programs, I tried Norton 360 for 3 PCs. It was far better than any others I have used before. Now my wife and I have tablets as well, and I find myself doing more business on my portable devices. Norton Small Business-10 Device was perfect for my needs. It works on PCs, Macs, or Android devices..

This is solid antivirus software that detects most viruses we have encountered in the past. It works on PCs, Macs, or Android devices, and catches viruses that other well known antivirus products could not detect. I love the packaged license deal where we have the flexibility of using one license for multiple devices..

One thing does seem like a step back for me.. I loved just the Norton Antivirus multiple user license because it does not contain the redundant firewall. Now with small business I have to turn off the Norton firewall so both the windows firewall and the Norton firewall don't double up and give me false positives.

Installation was easy. The license lets you install the software from their website with just one key. You can then manage all protected devices from your online account and move protections around as your collection of devices changes.

All of the devices start their protection when the first device is activated. This can be a bit annoying, but you know when they all need to be renewed.

The Safe Search Toolbar installs automatically so you can search safely right from your browser. There are plenty of search toolbars available. I like having one that matches my PC security package.

Some features I really like for my phones are Scream Alarm (sets off an alarm and alerts you to the location of a user’s misplaced smart phone or tablet), Remote Locate (helps pinpoint a lost or stolen phone or tablet on a map to help you find it), Remote Lock (helps lock devices to prevent others from using them if lost or stolen, and Remote Wipe (helps erase sensitive information on Android devices if they are lost or stolen).

Bottom line: Easy to install and covers just about everything I need. It is not quite perfect, but I do like covering 10 devices with one package.

AccuRelief Mini TENS Electrotherapy Pain Relief System
AccuRelief Mini TENS Electrotherapy Pain Relief System
Price: $28.19
3 used & new from $28.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised Me - It Really Works, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit that I was not too impressed when I opened the box, because it looked like a cheap toy. The whole unit only weighs a couple of ounces and is very small.

I followed the instructions and turned it on. It said to listen for an audible beep. At first I didn't think it was working because I didn't hear anything. The beep is very low and you have to really listen to hear it.

I turned it on expecting to feel a vibration of some type. The instructions said there are 15 levels of increasing intensity. On the first few levels, I didn't feel anything, and I wondered if it was on. As I kept going, it suddenly created an electrical surge with as tingle. I knew it was working then. It was not a constant tingle. It would surge and stop, repeating every 20 seconds or so. Then it seemed vary the time between surges.

The first place I tried this was on my hand. I have been waking up with stiffness in my fingers, and I hoped this would reduce it. I put it on the first and last finger until it automatically shut off after 20 minutes. The stiffness was greatly reduced in the first and last fingers, so I repeater the process with the other two. That reduced the stiffness there, although not as well.

Then I tried it on my neck for stiffness and discomfort. I had to turn it up to a higher level until it created a pulsating effect. It did reduce the stiffness and discomfort there as well. One thing I did notice is that if the pads are not pressed down well, the current is greatly reduced. They can tend to peel off a bit on their own, so you may have to keep pressing it back on.

This is a very simple unit that seems best suited for small areas and short term results. I'm not sure about the durability. The battery is small and the gel pads lose their stickiness after several uses. Both of these would need to be replaced occasionally if used very much.

Tools4Wisdom Planner Cover (+) Professional Business Leather Padfolio Binder - Compatible With Any 8 x 11 Inch Letter Size Planner Or As A Binder For Academic College Books Or With Subject Notebooks Calendars Journals Organizers Pads - Black
Offered by Tools4Wisdom
Price: $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Functionallity, August 6, 2014
I have had several planner covers over the years, some better than others. Now I really look for two things: Quality and Usability. This is not the cheapest cover around, but it does follow the old thought that you get what you pay for.

If you are a professional, this is the type of cover that really looks classy and is thick enough to have a planner in it along with the included notebook. I have the Monthly Goals Planner --- July 2014 to December 2015 --- Month2Month Priorities Agenda (+) Calendar Events Schedule (+) Goals Journal With Yearly Vision Mission Goals Journal Planning Templates (A5 8.5 x 11" Inches, Spiral Binding With Sturdy Covers, by... in mine.

The layout is very functional with a standard size 5.5 x 8.5" notepad. It can be replaced when needed, without buying a new cover. One feature I really like is the screen-faced zipper pocket on the front. I lost a gift card that was tucked into a pocket of my last planner, and this safeguards things like that.

This is really a quality product that looks nice and will last for years. That makes it a good investment for me.

2014|15 College Goals Planner (+) Calendar For Students --- August 2014 to December 2015 Academic School Year --- Set Yearly Goals (+) Monthly Priorities (+) Schedule Calendar Events - Letter Size 8.5 x 11 Inch [by Tools4Wisdom]
Offered by Tools4Wisdom
Price: $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - Something That Works for Me., August 6, 2014
I was offered a free sample of this product for an honest review. I loved the playful nature of the cover and decided to give it a try.

I have tried numerous planners and goal setting tools before, without much success. I have learned to set SMART goals, make action plans, and prioritize my list. I have studied techniques of Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey (7 Habits of Highly Effective People) and many others. What I have ended up with is a planner that I use as an appointment book and I make “To Do” lists every day. Even though I was intrigued by this product, I was not overly optimistic.

The first thing I noticed was the exceptional quality of the materials. So many planners use thin paper that makes the back side unusable. This is nice and heavy, and I can use both sides. It is larger than I am used to with 8.5 X 11 inch pages. It is not as handy to carry around, but this is not meant to take everywhere.

What makes this stand out is the approach to planning. The first lie says “go beyond finding ways to add back time into your life – start planning for adding life into your time”. I have never had trouble setting goals. I have hundreds of them with action plans. The problem I run into is that I want to do them all right now. I end up feeling overwhelmed and don’t make major progress on any of them.

The reality is, you can’t do it all and there will always be more to do. I think what has helped me the most is that this makes you focus on what is most important. The first part of the planner guides you through 8 major life topics with reflecting questions to help you decide what is most important and convert them into action items. Then you create “purpose driven” yearly goals. This really helped me because so many of my goals revolved around business and making money. There really is much more to life than that.

The rest of the planner is for establishing essential goals for each month. What really helped me focus was the concept of the one biggest outcome for the month followed by five other goals for the month. I can’t do everything at once, but having the most important goals for each month keeps me focused and one month is enough time without being too far in the future.

This is not a planner like I am used to using. It is more about finding what is important and creating a vision for the next year of your life. It takes a little time to do it right – I spent a week thinking about it while planning. It was definitively worth it. I finally found something that works for me and will continue using this planner every year. I still have my other planner, but this one is where I start each week to stay focused.

Planning For Long-Term Care For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance))
by Carol Levine
Price: $15.01
36 used & new from $10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I needed, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now that I am in my 60's, I really needed to navigate through all of the mountains of information and hype on health care. I have to admit that because I have been blessed with good health, I have been rather ignorant of this important topic. Moving my 93 year old aunt to an assisted care facility made me realize how little I knew and important it is to learn.

I have read a lot of "For Dummies" books before with mixed feelings. My idea of a "Dummy" (I hate that term) is someone who is clueless on the topic and needs to start at the beginning with the basics. Some of them start or quickly move to such an in-depth level that I have to Google the basics to understand what they are saying.

This turned out to be the perfect book for me. It assumes nothing and really covers so much that I had never considered. Most of this book provides relevant information for a majority of those who will need long-term care or their caregivers. I love the way it guides you all of the decisions necessary to plan for your future. The chapter on Medicare and Medicade was especially important because I am coming up on that soon. The system can seem overwhelming without a good understanding. I had little real understanding of the long-term healthcare options, and this book really provided me with the answers I was looking for.

I was expecting the book to be primarily about health care, insurance and financial planning. It actually goes far beyond that by helping you think of all of the decisions that you have to make with your family, what to look for in future housing needs, what to look for (and questions to ask) when looking at independent and assisted living, and tips for wills and estate planning. There is even a separate section for veterans and a chapter on services for caregivers.

This is a great book that would help anyone over the age of fifty or with relatives nearing retirement age. It is well written, easy to read and understand, and covers all of the bases. I wish I had read it sooner, but I'm glad I have this now..

Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale with Back-lit LCD Display, Hold Feature and 2000 x 0.1g Capacity
Offered by MeasuRite
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and Well-Made, July 29, 2014
This is a very compact, well-built scale. It is easy to read with it’s bright screen with nice sized numbers. Nice finish. It is much easier to use than a dial kitchen scale, especially if you need more resolution in what you're weighing. It is handy for measuring small amounts in the kitchen or for weighing envelopes to determine postage, and it is very accurate.

The instructions were fairly simple and easy to understand, it has an easy-to-read display, and worked quite well right out of the box. It seems sturdy for its tiny size and comes with a nice plastic cover for protection. The bottom has small rubber feet for cushioning and non-skid stability.

Overall, it is very attractive and simple to use. For the price, this seems to me to be a great value.

I received a free product in exchange for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15