Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for JL > Reviews

Browse

JL's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JL RSS Feed

Korg TM50BK Instrument Tuner and Metronome, Black
Korg TM50BK Instrument Tuner and Metronome, Black
Price: $25.50
22 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Be careful where you buy it from!!!, November 14, 2015
I love my TM-40, which still works great after 6.5 years. I bought the TM-50 because It has wider ranges of reference tones and tempi, but it has been a huge disappointment! First: the Start/Stop button is the small button next to the Tap Tempo button. Why is Tap Tempo given more prominence than Start/Stop, which I'd think would be used more often? Second, I much prefer the wood block click sounds on the TM-40 to the high pitched beeps on the TM-50, But the worst of all, it died within a year! When I contacted Korg (The warranty is supposed to be 3 years), I was told by their customer support that since I purchased it on Amazon from a seller that is not an authorized dealer, there would be no valid manufacturer’s warranty on my TM50BK. Therefore I cannot recommend this product, and will never buy another Korg product again (Why give business to a company that doesn't stand behind their products?). If you still want to buy it, make sure you buy from an "authorized dealer" (although if you click the warranty information on this page, the "Korg USA authorized dealer" link is broken...)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2015 3:27 AM PST

Mighty Bright 53510 Orchestra Light, Black (US Adaptor)
Mighty Bright 53510 Orchestra Light, Black (US Adaptor)
Price: $38.99
54 used & new from $31.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features, dubious quality!, July 1, 2011
I own both the Duet2 and the Orchestra Light. Two of the LEDs on my Duet2 bit the dust after 9 months. I wanted to see if I could fix it myself, but was appalled to see how the wiring was done and didn't bother... I contacted the company and received a replacement in two days. Then I bought the Orchestra Light last December - I like this light much better - it's brighter and illuminates two pages evenly, whereas Duet2 shines 2 bright spots but does not have enough light for the rest of the pages. However, after two months, the AC adapter failed to plug in. Mighty Bright sent me an AC adapter first, when that didn't fix it, they sent a replacement light, and it has been working nicely since. So, I'm not really sure whether I should recommend this light or not - the light has many good features, but it seems that the quality of this company's products leaves something to be desired, based on my limited experience. The saving grace is that they stand behind their products and their customer support is good.

12-25-2013 Update:

The replacement Orchestra light is still going strong after almost 3 years, while the replacement Duet2 also developed problems, so my verdict has not changed. If you are deciding between the Orchestra and the Duet2, I would definitely recommend the Orchestra over Duet2.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

Presto 04212  4-in-one Clock/Timer
Presto 04212 4-in-one Clock/Timer

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy - one drop, and game over!, February 24, 2011
It was an OK timer while it lasted... I was annoyed by the "feature" that you are unable to "cancel" when a timer is in action - you either have to let the time run out or lose the pre-set time, but that I could live with... Unfortunately, it got dropped on the floor only after two weeks and died, and I wasn't even using the magnet. This product is too flimsy to last!

Solos for Young Violinists, Vol. 1
Solos for Young Violinists, Vol. 1
by Barbara Barber
Price: $10.43
74 used & new from $3.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it from Amazon.com!, December 30, 2009
I should have been warned after reading the other reviews about missing the companion violin book...

Amazon has shipped this item TWICE now without the violin part. They should not be selling this item if they cannot figure out what "Violin & Piano Parts" means.

Don't make the same mistake as I did -- save yourself some hassle and aggravation by buying from another source.