Profile for JL > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JL RSS Feed

Mighty Bright Orchestra Light, with Adapter and Bag
Mighty Bright Orchestra Light, with Adapter and Bag
Price: $57.24
30 used & new from $45.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features, dubious quality!, July 1, 2011
I own both the Duet2 and the Orchestra Light. Two of the LEDs on my Duet2 bit the dust after 9 months. I wanted to see if I could fix it myself, but was appalled to see how the wiring was done and didn't bother... I contacted the company and received a replacement in two days. Then I bought the Orchestra Light last December - I like this light much better - it's brighter and illuminates two pages evenly, whereas Duet2 shines 2 bright spots but does not have enough light for the rest of the pages. However, after two months, the AC adapter failed to plug in. Mighty Bright sent me an AC adapter first, when that didn't fix it, they sent a replacement light, and it has been working nicely since. So, I'm not really sure whether I should recommend this light or not - the light has many good features, but it seems that the quality of this company's products leaves something to be desired, based on my limited experience. The saving grace is that they stand behind their products and their customer support is good.

12-25-2013 Update:

The replacement Orchestra light is still going strong after almost 3 years, while the replacement Duet2 also developed problems, so my verdict has not changed. If you are deciding between the Orchestra and the Duet2, I would definitely recommend the Orchestra over Duet2.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

Presto 04212  4-in-one Clock/Timer
Presto 04212 4-in-one Clock/Timer
Price: $8.99
85 used & new from $4.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy - one drop, and game over!, February 24, 2011
It was an OK timer while it lasted... I was annoyed by the "feature" that you are unable to "cancel" when a timer is in action - you either have to let the time run out or lose the pre-set time, but that I could live with... Unfortunately, it got dropped on the floor only after two weeks and died, and I wasn't even using the magnet. This product is too flimsy to last!

Solos for Young Violinists, Vol. 1
Solos for Young Violinists, Vol. 1
by Barber
Price: $11.66
60 used & new from $4.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it from Amazon.com!, December 30, 2009
I should have been warned after reading the other reviews about missing the companion violin book...

Amazon has shipped this item TWICE now without the violin part. They should not be selling this item if they cannot figure out what "Violin & Piano Parts" means.

Don't make the same mistake as I did -- save yourself some hassle and aggravation by buying from another source.