Profile for R. P. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. P. RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Schwinn Discover Men's Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)
Schwinn Discover Men's Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)
Price: $274.91
5 used & new from $269.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Handlebars snapped off, February 6, 2014
I had this bike for about 18 months, today the handlebars snapped off and I was sent flying to my doom. It wasn't a problem with assembly or maintenance. The part that holds the handlebars to the frame looks like metal, but it's actually some sort of composite material. I threw this bike in a dumpster because I can't predict what part will fail like this next time. Be safe out there!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2014 4:27 PM PDT

Seagate Expansion 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV3000100)
Seagate Expansion 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV3000100)
Offered by 17th Street Photo
Price: Click here to see our price
98 used & new from $98.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, December 16, 2013
Started crashing randomly and making repetitive clicking noises after about 18 months. At least it didn't die suddenly, and I had a chance to copy my files off it before trashing it. You get a 1 year warranty, and I wouldn't count on this drive much past that. Spend your money on a drive with a better track record of reliability.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 10:46 AM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and useless, January 14, 2013
I did not get any benefits from drinking Shakeology daily. I essentially paid over a hundred bucks for some chocolate milk mix. Just have a healthy diet - lean protein, nuts and berries, lots of vegetables. Limit sugar (including fruits), fried foods, and simple carbs, and drink lots of water! Then work out like a fiend and you will see awesome results!

Bottom line - You will lose weight if you use more calories than you take in, and you will gain weight if you take in more calories than you burn. You don't need fancy supplements or expensive foods. You can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies, if your caloric intake is less than your caloric expenditure. Unless you have a computer brain, for effective weight loss you must keep a food journal so you can be sure the exact amount you are eating. I enjoy Beachbody's exercise programs (Insanity, P90X) but this Shakeology is pretty useless, at least to me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2013 10:42 AM PDT

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Two Button Plaid Trim Fit Sport Coat
Tommy Hilfiger Men's Two Button Plaid Trim Fit Sport Coat

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, September 19, 2012
I'm 6'1" 175#, 35" sleeves, went with the 40L, perfect fit... it looks like it cost 3 times as much

Samsung Series 5 NP530U3B-A01US 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Silver)
Samsung Series 5 NP530U3B-A01US 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Silver)
4 used & new from $650.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Thermal issues, April 8, 2012
The bottom of the laptop gets extremely hot (avg. CPU temp of 60C) and the fan makes a rumbling sound. I have only had it for 2 months and these problems are now occurring. I did upgrade to a SSD and the experience was painless. Be aware SSDs come in different thicknesses. This computer requires the slimmer SSD (7.5mm I believe). I am using the Samsung 128GB SSD for sale on Amazon.

I just started to do my research about how to replace the fan on this laptop, but I decided to drop in here to write a review about it. Beware this laptop gets very, very hot and has a bad fan. Otherwise, it was exactly what I was looking for - small, light, attractive, and powerful.

EDIT 4/25/12: I had to send it back to Samsung... the fan sounded like it was dying, and the temps were getting way too high (saw 75 degrees at one point). They replaced the mainboard, processor, and fan and mailed it back to me yesterday. The warranty process was fairly painless except being without my computer for 1 week.

EDIT 4/27/12: Got it back. Still seeing >70C CPU temps, although the noisy fan issue has been solved. I guess I'm going to have to invest in a CPU cooling pad.

NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Capsules
NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Capsules
Price: $8.39
31 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, March 26, 2012
This stuff worked great for me. If I'm feeling stressed in the evening, I take a couple and soon I feel nice and relaxed. It also helps with my muscle cramps, perhaps the presence of magnesium has something to do with it. I wouldn't take it during the day because it makes me feel way too mellow. I think it could be habit forming, or lose its effectiveness if taken frequently, so I don't take it every day.

Anxiety is a complex phenomenon, so a treatment that works for one person might not work for another. This product has been effective for me and it's also quite cheap. It is worth a try.

SmartMouth Alcohol-Free Mouthwash, Fresh Mint, 16 oz. (Pack of 2)
SmartMouth Alcohol-Free Mouthwash, Fresh Mint, 16 oz. (Pack of 2)
Offered by Busy Bee's World
Price: $25.95
12 used & new from $19.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works, October 20, 2011
I had been dealing with bad breath for a while. I go to the dentist and have impeccable hygeine habits (tongue scraping, brushing, flossing, mouthwash 2xday). Somehow I just have bad breath. I work as a tutor, and I could tell the students found my breath offensive. I tried Smart Mouth and I immediately noticed it actually works. It's too bad it's so expensive. Maybe they should sell economy-size refills at a reduced price. Do not use any alcohol-based mouthwashes, they just mask the problem for a short time and then make it worse.

Source Naturals L-Theanine 200mg, 60 Capsules  (Pack of 2)
Source Naturals L-Theanine 200mg, 60 Capsules (Pack of 2)
Offered by Product Galaxy
Price: $29.91
10 used & new from $27.52

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, October 9, 2011
I take one of these about every 4 hours for help with anxiety. It provides a genuine feeling of relaxation and calm. Most supplements are bunk, but this has been very effective. I'm able to concentrate better and communicate my ideas more effectively, because I'm not worrying about everything constantly. My mental abilities are left unclouded, unlike with prescription anti-anxiety drugs. As a student, that's very important for me. I regret it took me so long to find out about L-theanine. If you have any anxiety problems, you owe it to yourself to try L-theanine. I figure $30/month is worth it.

There aren't any long-term safety studies done on humans, but L-theanine is extracted from green tea, which people have been drinking daily for thousands of years. I consider it safe for that reason. Totally eliminating caffeine from my diet has also helped a lot in curbing anxiety. Having just one cup of coffee in the morning increases my anxiety all day long.

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
by Lynn Vincent
Price: $9.56
799 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Really reinforced my faith!, March 30, 2011
This secondhand account of a 4-year old meeting Jesus while drugged up in the hospital really reinforced my faith! Next I'm going to read his story of seeing the boogeyman in his closet when his parents told him to go to bed but he didn't wanna. I had no idea the boogeyman was actually real, but if a little kid says it is true, then I must believe. Even Oprah backed him up, for Christ's sake.

Burpo is a true prophet. I can't wait to find out from this little genius what other mythical beings are actually real.

Love Glove Grooming Mitt for Cats, Purple
Love Glove Grooming Mitt for Cats, Purple
Price: $6.99
16 used & new from $5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Both cats hate it, March 16, 2011
Both cats run in complete fear from the sight of this glove. I don't know why since they see other gloves every day. It gets 1 star for being an effective way to get cat hair off furniture.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5