Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Nick Carrigan > Reviews

Browse

Nick Carrigan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 151

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick Carrigan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
LG Electronics 8X USB 2.0 Ultra Slim Portable DVD Rewriter, External Drive with M-DISC Support, Retail (Black) GP60NB50
Price: $26.30
155 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for..., May 15, 2016
Simple design and works great. You can't really ask for more. The LG unit does include some custom DVD software but you're better off download VLC player (videolan.org) and you can play DVDs for free. You really shouldn't need any drivers for most Windows PCs. Performance is really good and as stated by others, the unit is very quiet during playback.

New Balance Men's MX417GG4 Training Shoe, White/Navy, 10.5 4E US
New Balance Men's MX417GG4 Training Shoe, White/Navy, 10.5 4E US

5.0 out of 5 stars Some times plain is best..., May 15, 2016
A very plain looking design but honestly I was tired of all the latest NB shoes with silver everywhere. What's NB's fascination with the color silver? This shoe is excellent for the price and feels quite comfortable. It gives extra cushioning support where needed without sacrificing comfort. Overall I'm very pleased with this shoe. Frankly, it rivals some of the more expensive NB options.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be a stock part from Glock!, February 24, 2016
Simple, drop-in installation takes about 15 minutes. I went to the gun range and tried it out and the break is that much sweeter and I honestly believe it helps with my accuracy after the first shot. Absolutely no problems in the G42 which is now my favorite carry pistol.

TALON Grips 501R for Ruger LCP, Black Rubber
TALON Grips 501R for Ruger LCP, Black Rubber
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it... you'll want this!, February 24, 2016
This review is from: TALON Grips for Ruger LCP (Sports)
Excellent! Fits well and gives that extra grip needed on the small frame of this pistol. I wish Talon Grips were standard on most firearms!

iPad Air Case, Vogue Shop 3in1 Hybrid Case Cover for iPad 5 (2013 Release) Hard Cover Printed Design Pc+ Silicone Hybrid High Impact Defender Case Combo Hard Soft Case Cover (Navy+Green)
Offered by vogue shop
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, move on... nothing to see here..., February 24, 2016
It fits OK but there's a pretty terrible odor coming from the outer rubber shell. The iPad Air sits in a plastic cage and the rubber cover goes over that. The problem is the rubber cover is too loose and doesn't have any "slots" to lock into the case. Other manufacturers do this but I guess for a cheap case this is the quality you get. Overall it's OK but if you need this style of case then pay more money and get a quality case.

iPad Air Case, StarCity ® [Crystal Clear] iPad Air Ultra-thin Soft Gel Flexible TPU Cover Case Skin Cover for Apple iPad Air (iPad Air)
Offered by StarCity
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $5.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and is excellent value., February 24, 2016
Very simple and classic (full case) for an iPad Air. Very good value and is easy to clean over time. Cut outs are almost perfect with only the speaker slots ever-so-slightly short but it doesn't affect the sound. Could use a touch more reinforcement over the edges but that's the trade off with this kind of case.

Sony XBR43X830C 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Sony XBR43X830C 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Price: $698.00
22 used & new from $550.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job Sony!, January 12, 2016
Excellent TV. I was skeptical about having Android as my "Smart TV OS" but its performance (with the Dec '15 update to 5.1.1) is excellent. My old Sony HDTV was just over the 5 year mark. I guess I was afraid that the newer Amazon Instant Video app would be worse but am pleasantly surprised to find that's much improved. This TV feels a lot like my older model but just improved (in almost every way.) The up-scaled 4K picture quality is amazing with my Sony Blu-Ray player. And there's nothing like watching NFL playoff games in 4K!

Very happy to have a dedicated heaphone jack with this TV for late-night viewing. The headphone volume is adjustable from the remote so you never have to unplug the headphones! (The jack placement could have been better but won't complain!)

BTW, the built-in speakers are not bad. I read complaints about these and I love them. They're much better than my old Sony 40" HDTV.

My only nitpicks so far:

1. The default picture settings are pretty awful in my opinion. This is clearly subjective but I prefer the Sony vivid profile on all of my sources. A few tweaks and the color hue/saturation and sharpness is perfect.
2. Sony changed from a standard 3-Prong A/C socket to a 2-Prong A/C cord that isn't removable nor long enough. Bah!
3. While in apps, I cannot access the sleep timer w/o having to exit the app, go back into HOME menu and then set a timer. I then have to re-launch my app. This is OK but in the previous OS I could set a sleep timer from any source and not lose my source.
4. The remote is fine and lightweight but it's a little busy. The buttons are clumped together so you have to really be sure you're pressing the correct one. Also there's no finger groves or button nibs to let you know what button you're on -- such as Volume or Channel. A NETFLIX button??? Really? I wonder how much they paid Sony for that one! This could have been designed better.
5. The update process takes FOREVER!

February 2016 Update:

Sony released a software update and unfortunately a few bugs have regressed. My Amazon Instant Video app seems to get corrupted after watching videos that I have to reset it and re-enter my username and password. Not a huge deal but it's happened multiple times now and gets annoying. I've hit a few "crashes" while setting the sleep timer. Crashes on the TV are not very graceful. The TV will just immediately switch off and reboot. (You can tell it's rebooting because you see the Google color swirl logo.)

Hopefully the March update will make the current update back to being stable again. The Android OS is still 5.1.1 -- would be interesting if they could move to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

May Update: Haven't had any Amazon issues in a while now. Everything seems more stable on that end. The only quirk I have now is with the Android O/S randomly locking up when I'm pressing the buttons (usually while searching for movies or TV shows.) (The TV no longer accepts remote input.) The only solution is to remove the remote's battery and that usually clears it up and the remote is working again.

Was able to download and install the Masters Android app which allowed me to watch exclusive Masters Golf tournament coverage in real 4K video (meaning the cameras used on course where actually capturing 4K data) and it was streamed over the internet to the TV. The first day was quite choppy but the next three days were nearly flawless and the quality was stunning.

SureFire G2X Pro Dual Output LED Flashlight, Black
SureFire G2X Pro Dual Output LED Flashlight, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
88 used & new from $44.86

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect flashlight, January 12, 2016
Excellent flashlight. Never tried the polycarbonate body version before but am impressed. It's much lighter and easier to carry than my 6P. Light output is amazing and super intense. Excellent value.

V-LIGHT Full Spectrum Natural Daylight Effect Heavy-Duty Magnifier Lamp with Metal Clamp, Black (VS103B)
Price: $57.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for solid product, January 12, 2016
Pretty impressed so far. Its build quality is excellent and feels like a much more expensive lamp. The shipping container was a bit questionable but the foam held everything securely and nothing was damaged. The lamp is nice and bright but not too bright. My only complaint (and reason for 4 stars) was the magnification wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I probably didn't read the details carefully but would have liked a 3x or 4x version. The 1.75x seems to work okay for my work so can't complain really. The optics are quite good. Probably will need to clean the lens regularly but that is expected.

Burris Fastfire Mount fits Rugger Mark I,II and III
Burris Fastfire Mount fits Rugger Mark I,II and III
Offered by Focus Camera
Price: $42.95
42 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mount for the Ruger 22/45, December 24, 2015
Works great for the Fastfire III and the Ruger 22/45. It takes some careful seating to get it properly sighted with the FF3 but it's not very difficult. Just takes a bit of patience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16