Profile for hippie_chick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

hippie_chick RSS Feed (Huntington, WV United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fluff Friends Rescue
Fluff Friends Rescue

3.0 out of 5 stars I Really Wanted To Give It More Stars But...., June 10, 2012
This review is from: Fluff Friends Rescue (App)
The game was really cute and fun for the first few days. It crashed a few times but it wasn't a big deal. After my son and I progressed further into the game it seemed to crash more often. Now for the last 2 days we are locked out of the game. When I try to start it, it says loading and then flashes to a black screen before going back to my app screen. It refuses to open. I was willing to overlook the fact that you cannot progress on "challenges" without paying actual cash but this crash/lockout was the last straw for me. We really enjoyed the game but I guess I will just have to delete it since it refuses to open anymore.

Amorous Things
Amorous Things
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Piece Of Work!, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Amorous Things (Kindle Edition)
I had heard great things about this author and I must say, I had not heard enough! This is an amazing collection of stories. Each one has such heart in it, is told so beautifully and really makes the reader think. I have tried to pick a favorite story but I think it is impossible. They are all so wonderfully written and the characters are so well done. Kody Boye manages to pull you right into the story line and makes like you feel like you are there with the characters on their journeys. I have downloaded every piece of work that I can get my hands on by Mr. Boye and cannot wait to see what else he has in store for me! I am sure another wonderful adventure or two awaits!

When Cows Fly
When Cows Fly

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves It, April 29, 2012
This review is from: When Cows Fly (Kindle Edition)
I got this book for free for my 5 year old son and he loves it! He was really enjoying the story and when it got close to the end he was literally cracking up. I did not see what happened coming and he ate it up. It isn't your typical story and not your typical ending but we both get a huge kick out of it!

101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Horror, April 29, 2012
I don't know why on earth this book would come up under horror. It contains a silly list of things to do and not do when you travel with a vampire. It is written in what I would guess to be from a young girl's point of view and the tone is grating. I hate to start a book and not finish it so I did. I did not enjoy this one at all. It is plain silly. I could see a young person liking it but that is about it. Maybe this form of writing just isn't my cup of tea but I found it irritating.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, April 29, 2012
This book gives you a great look at Broadmoor and gives you a taste of the patients and their lives. It is very informative and very interesting. I was surprised by some things I learned but enjoyed the whole book. It is very well written and keeps you interested.

Here Be Monsters - An Anthology of Monster Tales
Here Be Monsters - An Anthology of Monster Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Stories, April 29, 2012
I recieved this book for free and I am really glad I did! I love reading short stories before bed and this one was great! The stories were good and well written. I love anything that is "horror" and this was right up my alley!

A Land of Ash
A Land of Ash
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story But Depressing, April 29, 2012
This review is from: A Land of Ash (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book would be scary so I started reading it. It was depressing and really made me sad. Don't get me wrong, it is very well written and the characters are great. I just was surprised at how sad it made me. When I came to the part that had a child in the story, I actually had to stop reading it. The author does a wonderful job telling the stories (maybe too good as I felt to connected to some of them) and it is very interesting but I couldn't handle it.

To Read or Not to Read
To Read or Not to Read

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Surprise, April 29, 2012
I wasn't sure I wanted to read this book. Renting a book to read? It didn't sound very interesting. Well, I was wrong! This book isn't very long but it is very interesting. I was sucked in after the first page and had NO clue how it would end. I can't tell you how surprised I was by it! It is a really good read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 9:19 PM PDT

Four Fantastic Bedtime Stories for Children 3-6!
Four Fantastic Bedtime Stories for Children 3-6!
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves It, April 29, 2012
I orginally got My Pet Dragon for my 5 year old son and he was so crazy about it that I had to look for more by the author. I came across this set and my son loves it! The pictures are too cute and the stories are adorable. We read at least two each night before bed.

One Buck Horror: Volume One
One Buck Horror: Volume One
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, April 29, 2012
One Buck Horror is a really good read. It is well worth the money and has some great stories in it. I love to read a good story before bed and this did the job and then some! There were nights that I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to get another one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3