Profile for DrGoten > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DrGoten RSS Feed

Rothco Black 80-mm Locking Carabiner
Rothco Black 80-mm Locking Carabiner
Price: $6.69
14 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Is what it is, August 7, 2012
I lost my keys once because I had a carabiner without a lock. So, I decided to get one with a lock. Its nearly the same as my old one, but now I have nearly no concern about loosing my keys.

UB Classic Aviator Sunglasses: Gold Frame with Brown Reflective Lens
UB Classic Aviator Sunglasses: Gold Frame with Brown Reflective Lens
Offered by Sunglass Spot
Price: $4.77
8 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pair for the price, August 7, 2012
I bought a pair that went for $20 at the store and was about the same style. Then I got these to wear as well. They fit better and look better and were cheaper!

Brass Deluxe Pull-apart Key Ring
Brass Deluxe Pull-apart Key Ring
Offered by Prime SuperStore
Price: $5.94
3 used & new from $3.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Brass Deluxe Pull-apart Key Ring
This item was not satisfactory. It broke within the first week of use. The ball joint fell out so the separate rings would not stay together.

JAVOedge Tweed Book Case for the Barnes and Noble Nook Color / Nook Tablet - Latest Generation

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, March 6, 2012
I bought this for my nook tablet and have had it for going on 3 months. It fits well enough. It has never slid out but the top is open and if held upside down and shaken it is possible. If you can manage to do that then you are being more careless than you ought to be though and is not a design flaw. The description says it is not leather, but it looks pretty good anyways. The missing star is because the card holder is fraying. The stiching which hold it together is not loose, bit the fabric is fraying. Imagine jeans that get worn out...frayed.

Amzer Rubberized Snap-On Crystal Hard Case for LG LX290 - Black
Amzer Rubberized Snap-On Crystal Hard Case for LG LX290 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars LG LX 290, Not LG 290, March 6, 2012
I bought this case hoping it would fit my LG 290 phone because it is so similar to the LG LX 290 phone. I read many reviews about it apart from Amazon, some claiming it would fit. However it does not. The back plate will clip on, but the front plate will not. My order did however come with a back clip which some have said was not included in theirs.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for incense lovers, March 6, 2012
I got this as a present for my sister. She really likes it and uses it often. Its very detailed and I believe it is a good price for the product.

Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) -Xbox 360
Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) -Xbox 360
Price: $11.99
101 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought Oblivion after Skyrim came out!, February 21, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have never played the Elder Scrolls games and with the hype of Skyrim I was very tempted to buy it. As a casual gamer who didnt want to spend the $50+ I decided to check out Oblivion. I was able to snag it for pretty cheap and it has been worth every penny. The graphics are great, though nothing like Skyrim. The gameplay pulls you in and half an hour quickly becomes an hour and a half or more. It will be some time before the next Elder Scrolls game comes out so if you are like me and new to it all then I recomend this game first and by the time you finish or get board Skyrim will be cheaper or be sold with an additional expansion pack. Playing Skyrim first, I suspect, will sour most peoples desire to go back and play this game even though its great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2013 9:17 AM PDT

Belkin Belkin F8Z115-RED Acrylic and Brushed Metal Case for iPod 5G, 5.5G (Red)
Belkin Belkin F8Z115-RED Acrylic and Brushed Metal Case for iPod 5G, 5.5G (Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, January 18, 2011
I ordered this for my 5th generation 30g iPod. A couple days later I found my 6th generation 80g iPod I had lost months ago!
When I got the case I figured it may just fit on the 5th gen and that it'd be too big for the 6th gen.
Well after getting it, I tried it on both and it worked on both!
So I'm keeping it on my 6th generation iPod!

The cover looks even better in person and the scroll wheel cover gets about 80-90% use compared to no cover at all.
The downside is that it doesn't seem as durable as i'd hope (it is plastic though) and the headphone jack may not be big enough for some headphones (fits regular iPod earbuds just fine though).

Gex (Jewel Case)
Gex (Jewel Case)
10 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars great memories!, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Gex (Jewel Case) (CD-ROM)
I was worried that it wouldn't work since i have windows 7 professional and this is a windows 95/98 game, but IT DID!!
I didn't have to download any extra converter either, just toss it in and play.
Such nostalgia!

Swiss Legend Men's 20068-YG-01 Commander Collection Yellow Gold Ion-Plated Black Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star!!, December 1, 2010
Swiss Legend Commander. Yellow Gold and Black.

I have been searching amazon from time to time (about a year) to find a great watch for a great deal.
I was looking for a large (40-50mm) gold colored watch, with a black or dark blue dial, and a thick rubber band (leather can begin to smell and steel is flashier than i wanted).
I had in mind a watch that could serve as both classy and casual and I wanted a brand that was recognizable and known for it's design and durability as well.
This watch hit the nail on the head. As others have said about similar watches, it looks even better in person.
This watch usually sales for $99.95 (don't buy for more) and the Swiss Legend watches do not deviate much in price like the Invicta watches, for example. (I did get mine, however, for $49.95 on black friday...shameless bragging...)
By the way - it's chronograph counterpart usually sales for $149.95 (may get a $99.95 deal) and looks great too.
Unless you need more precision and a stopwatch I personally would suggest this as the minimalist design gives this watch more elegance.

The main downside with this watch is that it doesn't have a the seconds marked so you may be a off give or take a minute. Also the strap is long, so if you have small wrist you will probably have to get a new whole put in (still would be worth it though). And do not expect it to be light, it's not real heavy, but is a thick 45mm watch.

Overall, if you want a great looking, durable, wear anytime watch for an awesome deal then congrats, you've found it, now buy it!