Profile for PJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PJ RSS Feed

Power Speed ENDURANCE: A Skill-Based Approach to Endurance Training
Power Speed ENDURANCE: A Skill-Based Approach to Endurance Training
by Glen Cordoza
Price: $28.82
85 used & new from $20.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A skill based approach to endurance training, November 12, 2012
The title of my review should tell you exactly what this book is about.

If you were to google CrossFit or CrossFit Endurance I'm sure you'll find just as many sites that hate this methodology as you will sites that love the approach. The bottom line here is Brian MacKenzie and his team have set out in this book to make you a more efficient, more skillful, and less injury prone runner. If this is something that appeals to you then I'd grab a copy for yourself. The book starts out with an excellent story from TJ Murphy, if you're involved in the endurance community then you probably recognize this name. The book continues with the CrossFit Endurance methodology and theory. The meat of the book covers the skill of running, cycling, and swimming and is finished off with strength and conditioning and mobility. Overall this book is an excellent reference for endurance athletes of all levels as well as strength and conditioning coaches.

I'm not going to try and convince you that this method of training is "right" or "wrong" as I wouldn't try to convince you to vote for one political party over the other. Some people will just never agree. Fortunately for us we are able to test a new training methodology much more efficiently then we can test presidents. So that is what I'd suggest you do. Grab a copy of this book and really learn what the CrossFit Endurance methodology is all about, give it a shot, and find out for yourself!