Profile for Teacher25 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Teacher25 RSS Feed

Active Baby, Healthy Brain: 135 Fun Exercises and Activities to Maximize Your Child's Brain Development from Birth Through Age 5 1/2
by Margaret Sassé
Price: $12.65
82 used & new from $3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Newborns, September 4, 2012
This book goes through easy activities to do with your child. Research has shown that so much of the brain development happens long before the child ever steps foot in a classroom. That means it is up to parents. This book makes that easy, since most of us are not experts in child and brain development.

What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition
What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition
by Heidi Murkoff
Price: $8.85
1657 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Book!, February 22, 2012
I obviously ordered this book after I found out I was pregnant. I know there is lots of information on the internet, but sometimes it is nice to have the book to flip through. I also know that this is the 4th edition, which means it has been undated, which you can't always count on with certain websites.

From Seed to Plant
From Seed to Plant
by Gail Gibbons
Price: $14.46
76 used & new from $6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Author, July 26, 2011
This review is from: From Seed to Plant (Hardcover)
Gail Gibbons is one of the best nonfiction writers for younger students. The information is awesome, and the pictures help scaffold readers. I use her books frequently in my first grade classroom.

The Giant Jam Sandwich (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
The Giant Jam Sandwich (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
by John Vernon Lord
Edition: School & Library Binding
Price: $15.09
37 used & new from $3.56

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Favorites, July 26, 2011
This book is one of my favorites. I use it in my classroom, and the last question asks the child which job they would like to have in the book. It helps get them to put themselves in the book and relate it to their likes and dislikes.

Jack's Garden (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
Jack's Garden (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
by Henry Cole
Edition: School & Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, July 26, 2011
I am a first grade teacher, and I send home "Book bags" with my students. Inside are two books of a certain topic or author. They have to read the books with or to an adult and answer a couple of questions. This was a very good book for a wide range of reading abilities. The writing was repetitive, but then there were extra pictures and names of the plants for those students that are more advanced.