Profile for L. Phipps > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 398

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Phipps "book lover" RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Night Sky: A Journey From Dachau to Denver and Back
The Night Sky: A Journey From Dachau to Denver and Back
by Maria Sutton
Price: $16.51
54 used & new from $1.74

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a long journey, March 7, 2015
This is a fascinating story and very heartfelt. I admire the research and the love that went into bringing her Mother and Fathers story to life. I felt there was just too much of a history lesson and the book dragged for me. For the author she found the answers and she is fulfilled.

Mosaic: A Chronicle of Five Generations
Mosaic: A Chronicle of Five Generations
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars We are all part of a Mosaic, February 15, 2015
In this heartfelt family saga you live through the lives of the Bolinger family. You actually feel like you know the characters and marvel at how many survived the Nazi terror. It gives you hope and lends forgiveness to such a ghastly time in our history. Every family has a story and this one comes alive through Mrs Armstrongs poetic words. I was sad when the book finished but glad I had a glimpse at such an amazing family. I listen to this on audible and the narrator was fantastic

The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion: A Novel
The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Girls can do it all!, February 8, 2015
Not a bad book by any means. I just got bored through it. Sookie is a likable character and Lenore her Mother is the Tyrant southern bell. I enjoyed the back story of the fly girls and their stories, I longed for the book to stay with those characters. Sookie came across too sweet and perfect. This is a decent book, I just have enjoyed others by Fanny Flagg much more.

The In-Between Hour
The In-Between Hour
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not between for me, January 25, 2015
Not sure who is giving this such a great review out there. For me it just did not flow. I was bored and skipping a lot. At the end I didn't care about anyone. I think maybe I am getting tired of such dysfunctional families. I realize normal is boring but it was just one problem after the other. I felt the grief for Will and his son, but Maggie was just to sweet all the time. It could have been 100 pages shorter with the same result.

My Affair with Mickey
My Affair with Mickey
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fall in love with Minnie, January 23, 2015
This is such a fun book. You will fall in love with Minnie as her life falls apart at the happiest place in earth. This book will never be a classic or a legacy, but you will have fun reading it. If you have been to Disneyland once in your life and remember the magic go there again with Minnie and go on the rides, eat the popcorn and feel the magic. We read it for our book club and even though it is total fantasy we all had fun reading it...

Big Little Lies
Big Little Lies
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars It really is Clamity..., January 11, 2015
This review is from: Big Little Lies (Kindle Edition)
Amazing characters, The story is one that if you have had children in school you can relate. Especially if you are involved with the PTA or school. Liane Moriaty does a great job with characters, and you will fall in love with the Mom's especially Madeline. There is so much going on in the story it is not just about the school or the parents but you have ex-husbands, their spouses and children as well as Old Mrs, Pots. You will laugh and feel so badly for the characters, but most of all you will get lost in the story and wonder what will happen next. Read this if you have children or just want a really interesting read.

The Matchmaker: A Novel
The Matchmaker: A Novel
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a match for me, December 2, 2014
I have enjoy as many have written Elin Hilderbrands books. Even with some sad and depressing story lines, like The Summer People. This was just ridiculous. The vocabulary in spots was so home spun and if they are Harvard Graduates I doubt they would speak like that. It is so tiresome to read novels where the love of the life comes back and marriages are destroyed. The daughter seemed like a spoiled child and it all just seemed to unbelievable, Read some of her older work "The Blue Bistro, or The Summer People, skip this.

The Paris Architect: A Novel
The Paris Architect: A Novel
by Charles Belfoure
Price: $9.76
62 used & new from $5.76

4.0 out of 5 stars A Paris illusion, November 24, 2014
Great story. It really made the characters come alive. Just when you think you have it all figured out there is another twist or turn. How people survived and how there were good French and German people working to do good. This is the story of a weak man who finds himself and becomes something good. He finally frees himself from his horrible Father and lies he was told, This is a wonderful saga. My only complaint is that I wanted to know what happened to the main character Lucien. It just ended, Other than that this is a great story.

iPhone 5S/5 Battery Case - Alpatronix BX120 iPhone 5S Battery Case - MFi Apple Certified 2400mAh External iPhone 5 Battery Case Removable, Rechargeable Protective iPhone 5S Charging Case [Ultra-Slim iPhone 5 Charging Case / Full Compatible Support with iOS 8+ & Apple Pay with iPhone 5 Charger Case / Lightning Connector Output on iPhone 5S Extended Battery Case / Fits all colors for iPhone 5 & iPhone 5S for iPhone 5S Juice Bank & Power Pack]- (Silver with 1 Extra Pink Bumper)
Offered by Alpatronix
Price: $33.95
4 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great charger the only down size is the weight, October 27, 2014
This is a great charger the only down size is the weight. It weighs down my purse. It does work and it is great to keep my phone charged when I am on the go and need to keep it charged.

Premium White Color Glass Crystal Rhinestone Embedded-Metal Chrome License Plate Frame
Offered by JR2-Best Service & Fast Shipping
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bling, October 27, 2014
So nice and really makes the car look jazzy. It is not too much bling but just enough. So far all the jewels haved stayed in and I have had it for 5 months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20