Profile for L. Phipps > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 373

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Phipps "book lover" RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vestal Men's OBCS006 "USS Observer" Stainless Steel Watch
Vestal Men's OBCS006 "USS Observer" Stainless Steel Watch
Price: $156.10
10 used & new from $155.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality band, January 29, 2014
While I love Vestal watches this band and watch do not match up. The watch is very big and bulky the band is to thin for the style of watch and doesn't match up.. The watch head is rather large for such a small and cheap feeling band.

Lingering Spirit
Lingering Spirit
by Marilyn Meredith
Price: $11.66
8 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not lingering enough, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Lingering Spirit (Paperback)
This is not a bad book it just is not as captivating as I think it could have been. It seemed as if two authors wrote it one at times very Juvenal and the other a very well seasoned author. I did keep reading so that is what we want in a book. I just wanted more passion and more realism with the characters. If you want a quick easy read this book is for you. It is sweet very clean which is nice when so many books written today are so vulgar.

Joyland (Hard Case Crime)
Joyland (Hard Case Crime)
by Stephen King
Price: $8.06
466 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it until the end, January 13, 2014
I was riveted to this story. I listened to the audible version. The narrator was fabulous. The story is really interesting and you can feel the level of excitement of working in a small amusement park. The story really is sweet and the only thing I did not like was the rushed ending.... I felt the last comment about Dick Cheney was a cheap shot. Who cares what political agenda Steven King has, its a story. That is just a few lines but stupid. I just wish he would have finished the story. It just ends. Steven King is talented and the novel is proof that the man can write. He should just concentrate on the ending as much as he did in the beginning. The F word is overused for 1973, its more prevalent in 2014. I guess he forgot.

Sweet Salt Air: A Novel
Sweet Salt Air: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sweet enough, January 2, 2014
I have mixed road with Barbara Delinsky some books I have really enjoyed and some I was fed up with. This one was in the middle. I thought the island descriptions were wonderful, but it was so bogged down with table settings, spices herbs and women I did not care to know. So if you want to hear about an island and its local color read this. If you want characters you want to know, go for something sweeter.

The Wedding Game (Reality Show Book 1)
The Wedding Game (Reality Show Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Its more than a game, December 31, 2013
This is s a sweet book pretty predictable but kept me reading, and isn't that what you want from any novel? I think the storyline was interesting because reality T.V. is now a staple of our lives. If you enjoy the bachelor you will relate to this story. The only problem I did have was finding the whole premise believable, I think Hollywood executives would dig a little more in to the backgrounds of the characters. Ellie would not have had a secret occupation. If you want a clean sweet read this is a great way to spend the afternoon. For a Christian author I appreciated the realism without the preaching, Christians are regular people who make mistakes and are not perfect. This book is a nice reprieve from our own reality. We read this for our book club so I will be interested to see what other members thought.

L'Oreal Paris Root Rescue Hair Color, 9 Light Blonde
L'Oreal Paris Root Rescue Hair Color, 9 Light Blonde
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, December 23, 2013
It works and is easy. Sometimes it seems like it gets a little brassy but I found it does cover the roots and works quickly and is so easy to use.

Little Pink House: A True Story of Defiance and Courage
Little Pink House: A True Story of Defiance and Courage
by Jeff Benedict
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $29.98
25 used & new from $3.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tedius, December 23, 2013
I think this is an important story but it just dragged on and on. The whole novel could have been done in a much shorter format. Way too long.

Sprayway Sw50retail Glass Cleaner, 19 Oz (Pack of 4)
Sprayway Sw50retail Glass Cleaner, 19 Oz (Pack of 4)
Offered by Showerdoordirect
Price: $9.99
10 used & new from $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best glass cleaner ever, December 23, 2013
I thought I was buying stainless steel cleaner but I ordered glass by mistake. I am so glad I did this is so much better than windex. No streaks.

A Week in Winter
A Week in Winter
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a lot for one week., December 23, 2013
This review is from: A Week in Winter (Kindle Edition)
I like most readers will miss Maeve Binchy. She really understood people and wrote about people as if they were friends we might know. This book is Maeve doing what she did best introducing the reader to several different characters that all somehow come together. It starts out about a bed and breakfast that the main character opens but what it ends up being is a cast of guest that find answers to some of life's troubling questions. West Ireland in Winter would not be my idea of a great holiday with the weather, but the sun shined on this book. Take a journey with Maeve because she doesn't disappoint.Thank you Maeve and I will miss you and your amazing ability to weave a story.

Milliard Premium Memory Foam Molded 35 by 16 by 5-Inch Pillow with Washable Ultra-Soft Velour Cover
Offered by Nilmee
Price: $27.99
4 used & new from $25.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a dream pillow, December 3, 2013
This seemed way to flat in just one night. I did not think this was the quality of all the reviews I read on Amazon. I thought this would help my neck but it was so uncomfortable, I just gave up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20