Profile for Lonestar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lonestar RSS Feed (Texas)

The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times (Shambhala Classics)
Price: $7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical tips for life., August 13, 2013
This was a very useful books. It discusses everyday practical tips for dealing with the business of living.
Highly recommend.

Journal (Journal Series Book 1)
Journal (Journal Series Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars None, June 9, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. it was very realistic and the author painted a very beliveable picture of a future I hope I never see. The ending was was not a "happily ever after" one. The authors extestinal leanings were very obvious and contributed to the story's beliveability. Well done and I will read his other works.

Our Enemy, the State
Our Enemy, the State
by Albert Jay Nock
4 used & new from $22.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dangerous Book, September 4, 2009
This review is from: Our Enemy, the State (Paperback)
One of the best books I have read about the nature of the state. Written in 1935 during the "New Deal", it speaks directly to us today. It is amazing that Albert J. Nock is not regarded as a man with a very clear insight into the future. I would think this book would be required reading for anyone interested in politics and the growth of the state.

Claiming Your Self Esteem: A Guide Out of Codependency, Addiction, and Other Useless Habits
by Carolyn M. Ball
Price: $12.74
126 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Claiming Your Self Esteem: A Guide Out of Codependency, and Other Useless Habits, September 4, 2009
I found it very helpful. The book contains many practical steps to overcoming your past conditioning. It takes Albert Ellis' and Stephen Harpers' ideal that our thinking about events determines our emotional reactions (feelings} and gives the reader steps they can take to change their negative, life inhibiting behaviors. It was written for the layman in mind and for some may be very useful, for others it use in conjunction with CBT, (Cognitve Behavioral Therapy) would be ideal. I would recommend it for anyone looking to rid themselves of negative thinking about themselves