Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Tracy > Reviews

Browse

Tracy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tracy RSS Feed (Michigan, USA)

Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box, Blue
Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box, Blue
Offered by SKUniverse
Price: $17.99
9 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my bentgo, March 30, 2015
I really like this lunch box. It's very stylish, and I really like the thoughtful way they designed the elastic so that it goes around the width when using them stacked, or the length when using just one container. It's just nice attention to detail, in my opinion. I have found the sections to be large enough to have a decent sized lunch. I also really like that the containers nest inside themselves when storing in the cabinet.
As for the company, I'm really impressed by their customer service. I gave them feedback that the silverware doesn't stay snapped in place, and they emailed me back right away to explain how to do it. It worked, and I was impressed that they cared enough to respond. In case anyone else is having trouble, this is how you do it: place the knife in the center, then the spoon face down on the other side. Then place the fork face down on the other side, and slide it up until it's firmly in place. The bottoms of the silverware will be staggered.

The Sewing Book: An Encyclopedic Resource of Step-by-Step Techniques
The Sewing Book: An Encyclopedic Resource of Step-by-Step Techniques
by Alison Smith
Price: $30.11
96 used & new from $11.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Clear Detailed Sewing Book, April 28, 2009
I can't say enough good things about this book. I saw it in a borders bookstore, pretty much right when it came out, flipped through it briefly and knew I had to have it. There are clear, step by step, close-up pictures of every sewing task. This is exactly what I've been looking for.

I've been very frustrated by other sewing books or magazines that don't have clear photographs, or have ambiguous illustrations of sewing techniques. I wish that Amazon had the look inside feature on this book so everyone could see the photos. It starts off with showing a basic toolkit, plus extras to fill it out, then pictures and descriptions of all kinds of sewing tools. Then an index of fabrics and how they are made. This section seemed a little skimpy to me, but not terrible. Next is a section on how to lay out your patterns, which is a big plus for a beginner like me. Then it moves on into the techniques section, first with hand sewing, then machine sewing. I would say that the book is heavily bent towards apparel sewing, but you can apply these techniques to all kinds of projects.

There is a projects section at the back of the book, simple designs in plain fabrics, don't expect anything mind-blowing. Things like a pillow, an apron, etc. There is also a glossary of terms and an index at the back.

The best thing (besides the photos) about this book is the cross-referencing. Someone obviously took a lot of time to make sure that the reader wouldn't get lost. Every technique is rated on difficulty, and as you progress through the book, on the bottom of every page is a list of previously learned techniques that are applied on that page, plus the page number they are on. This really gives you an idea of how to build on previous knowledge, and all the little techniques that make up a more complicated one.

I am very pleased with this purchase, and know it will improve my sewing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2014 4:56 PM PDT

Outward Hound Kyjen  31003 Hide A Squirrel Plush Dog Toy Squeak Toy 4 Piece, Jumbo, Brown
Outward Hound Kyjen 31003 Hide A Squirrel Plush Dog Toy Squeak Toy 4 Piece, Jumbo, Brown
Price: $14.99
15 used & new from $14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boxer Toy!, June 18, 2008
This thing is great. My 6 mo. old boxer just loves it, and he has no trouble at all getting his short snout into the stump. The first time he removed all the squirrels, he ran around the living room, gathered up all his small toys and dropped them in front of the stump, waiting for me to put those in there too. The squirrels are cool because almost the entire body is one big squeaker, so no matter what way he picks it up, it makes noise. If you have a bigger dog I would definitely recommend the Jumbo, because I looked at the other sizes in person, and my boxer puppy could swallow those squirrels.

Tidy Cats Cat Litter, Breeze, Litter Box Kit System, 1 Kit
Tidy Cats Cat Litter, Breeze, Litter Box Kit System, 1 Kit
Price: $29.99
29 used & new from $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars No more pee smell!, June 10, 2008
This is really the best litter box I have ever tried! I thought it might be a little gimmicky, but I got a coupon for it, so I decided to give it a shot. The thing works great! Honestly, I really can't believe it. Before, there was litter tracked absolutely everywhere, and I was sweeping it up several times a day. And the stench was unbearable. Now, there's nothing. I can walk into my laundry room without shoes now! And there really is no urine smell. I have a very sensitive nose and I asked everybody who came into my house for the first month that I owned this system if they could smell anything. Most of the time, the reaction was "You have cats? I didn't know you had cats!"

I gave it one less star because I can't flush the poop the way Tidy Cat advertises. A few of the pellets stick to the poop, and I'm afraid of what that might do to my toilet. So I just have a little sealed trash can next to the litter box that I drop the solid waste into and then I empty that once a week. If someone knows if the pellets are flushable, please let me know.

I have a tip for getting your cats to use the Breeze system if they are a little reluctant. I had a hooded litter box before this, and I just positioned the breeze system directly in front of the "door" of the other box (so the two ends of the boxes are touching). This required my cats to step into the breeze box before they could enter the hooded box. This got them used to stepping on the pellets and eventually they started peeing in the breeze box. In order for them to poop in it, I had to remove the hooded box completely, but the transition was fine because they were already used to going in it.

I highly recommend this box - it really works!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2015 11:57 AM PST

The Digital Photography Book
The Digital Photography Book
by Scott Kelby
287 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book Overall, July 9, 2007
I really enjoyed this book. I am a fan of Scott Kelby books, especially the "Killer Tips" series. I highly recommend them for any Photoshop and Illustrator users. This book is in the same kind of format, and is clear and concise. Yes, his humor is a little silly, but after the first chapter it's only the first page of each section. Some reviewers made it sound like that was the entire book, and that is just not the case. I would not recommend this book for advanced users though. It's a great jumping off point for beginners because it gives some general guidelines and settings for several photo situations. It is easier to know what buttons to push to get a great photo, then learn why those settings work. And this book will help you do that.