Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Anita Glass > Reviews

Browse

Anita Glass' Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anita Glass RSS Feed (Paige, TX United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Life Quest 2: Metropoville (Full)
Life Quest 2: Metropoville (Full)

4.0 out of 5 stars Prejudice Aside..., May 27, 2016
Love the game. Love that you don't have to keep paying into the game. My only problem? The blatant prejudice within the game. Any career or person with financial aspirations is portrayed to stereotype. If you seek a career in the financial sector, you only require a tiny amount of intelligence, even at the top of the ladder. There may be a wealth of greedy, awful people in finance, but they are not stupid. Plus, the Hillary Clinton character is just disgustingly unrealistic in her platitudes/idealism. It is not a fair representation for anyone. Not all politically inclined people are pushy, arrogant and prejudiced. The people who designed this game are, however. Get over yourselves and the game will be brilliant.

Pinterest
Pinterest

1.0 out of 5 stars Crash King, February 27, 2016
This review is from: Pinterest (App)
This app crashed frequently before the latest update. Now it crashes twice as often. Until this gets under some semblance of control, my review will be a one. If it worked, it would be a five.

Word Rings
Word Rings

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, August 29, 2015
This review is from: Word Rings (App)
It is a pleasant way to keep the mind active during downtime.

Love in the Afternoon (Hathaways Book 5)
Love in the Afternoon (Hathaways Book 5)
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Sweet, May 31, 2015
This story is more sweet than the tumultuous beginnings in previous Hathaway books. There is the initial conflict, but much of the story concerns the relationship after the major "obstacle". Usually that tension is intentionally stretched to nearly the end of most novels (including Kleypas's other novels) . That tends to drain the last bit of the book of some excitement, but it's very sweet.
I appreciated Kleypas's depiction of PTSD and the horrors of war. My brother was a Marine and he/his wife had to struggle through his reintroduction to everyday life. I thought it was a well-written, truthful representation. I learned from a previous Hathaway book that Kleypas (or, at the least, her characters)and I clearly share fundamental differences in our views of life, and this book only confirmed it. However, I enjoy the stories she shares and can appreciate her views without absorbing them or allowing them to dampen my fondness for the characters. I suspect this is due to Keypas abstaining from heavy-handed preaching or attacking the opposite views. I always appreciate that.
I would wait for the price to drop a bit before purchasing, about to the four dollar mark. It's definitely worth reading.

Way Walkers: University 2
Way Walkers: University 2
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Significantly shorter than the first, but still amazing!, May 7, 2015
This review is from: Way Walkers: University 2 (App)
I cannot recommend this text based game series enough. The detail, the writing quality, the variety of experiences based on choices and the quality of the story itself are a so much better than the other text based games on Amazon. You are invested in the world and characters and you will want to know more! I would love more games based out of this world or, at least, other choice of games with this kind of dedication to the story.

Way Walkers: University
Way Walkers: University

5.0 out of 5 stars The best text based game I've played., May 7, 2015
This review is from: Way Walkers: University (App)
The story and mythology are insanely detailed. The choices are plentiful and vastly change outcomes. I was amazed and impressed by the story quality. This game, in my opinion, is the only UNDER-priced game on Android. It puts Choice of games to shame in every aspect. It would be great if you could save the game throughout instead of just at the end, but that is not enough to reduce the rating. If I could rate this higher, I would.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashes, February 7, 2015
This review is from: TripAdvisor (App)
Every time I try to open it, it crashes. I would like to use the restaurant reviews, but I guess it's urbanspoon for me.

Resisting the Musician (Head Over Heels Book 1)
Resisting the Musician (Head Over Heels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars So, so much potential., December 28, 2014
This book is really a three star, but the writer has so much potential I had to add another. As many of the previous reviewers have stated, the book has a slow start. It feels like Blake is throwing out filler to meet a page requirement until two-thirds of the way through. I could skim/skip entire pages of text without missing a beat--and that is a problem. Usually when I can do that, I don't find the writing/writer worth much praise. Blake is different. When she hits her stride, she's great. She has a tendency to get too descriptive, but when she does it right, it's pretty darn fabulous.

Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures)
Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures)

2.0 out of 5 stars Brazen Can Do Better, So Can You, December 12, 2014
I didn't finish the first in the Private Pleasures series because it could not hold my interest. I gave the second a shot because the sneak-peek in the first book actually DID seem interesting. While I did finish book two and would give it 3 stars, it wasn't without annoying flaws. I took a chance on this book and, while I like Shaun, it's not holding my interest. I will not be finishing this one either.
I am sure some have problems with the gay characters. Others probably don't like dominance in the bedroom. Then there are the oh-so-righteous folks who find romance/erotica to be substandard and only for mouth-breathers. I don't happen to fit into any of those groups. I simply find Beck' s writing doesn't suit me. Sometimes she psychoanalizes unnecessarily. She does more explaining than she should--indicating a lack of faith in either herself or the competence of her readers. She seems strained in character development. She has moments of humor, but it's not her strength and she overplays it. Boiled down: too much of the effort shows and it detracts from the book.

Mistaken by Fate (Serve)
Mistaken by Fate (Serve)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not My Cup of Tea, December 9, 2014
I knew before reading Mistaken By Fate that I would not like it as much as Owned By Fate or Exposed By Fate. I have read multiple titles by both Katee Robert and Tessa Bailey and I prefer Bailey's writing and characters. Even with my expectations suitably adjusted, this did not meet the standard set by Bailey in the first two books.

I didn't particularly like the way Robert presented light BDSM elements, particularly as they were perceived by the heroine. Perhaps it is more realistic, but I prefer reading erotica for escape.

Heavy emotions outside of the bedroom have to be handled delicately in escapist literature because they simply can't get too deep. Sometimes Robert lets these heavier emotions take too much attention.

If you share my views on erotica, you may not find this book your cup of tea either. I would still buy it to keep with the series and it's not expensive. It was fine but not a reread-er

Page: 1 | 2 | 3