Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for PWB Esq > Reviews

Browse

PWB Esq's Profile

Customer Reviews: 186

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PWB Esq RSS Feed (Upper East Tennessee USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Foghorn Leghorn
Foghorn Leghorn
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Foggy - One big, funny, Camptown Races singing, hysterical rooster., July 26, 2016
This review is from: Foghorn Leghorn (Amazon Video)
These classic Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies are some of the greatest animated shorts ever produced. Robert McKimson directed this Foghorn Leghorn series, and he made Fogy's character consistent and, as far as Foggy singing "do da, do da" is concerned, predictable. The voice characterization by Mel Blanc is superb - as is all his work in the Warner Bros. cartoons, with Bugs Bunny being his most memorable performances. There are 17 cartoon in this Foghorn Leghorn Amazon Video series. I particularly enjoy the ones where Foggy attempts to engage the genius Egghead in any variety of activities - of course, Egghead, and his big head, can do everything that Foggy attempts to do (Foggy, it seems, is unable to master even basic activities), but Egghead succeeds with grace and aplomb. And then Foggy has to deal with Prissy, the dimwitted chicken that is always husband hunting, and he throws us one of his signature lines when talking to Prissy: "Is any of this, I say is any of this getting through that blue bonnet of yours?" The chicken hawk cartoons are face paced as Foggy and the dog continually send the wee chicken hawk after one another. One of my favorites is the first cartoon in this series: Banty Raids. A sly banty rooster with his eyes on romancing all the curvy female chickens in the henhouse, gets himself "adopted" by Foggy. While this small rooster is kissing every chicken he can find, Foggy can be found tormenting the dog. The dog gets Foggy back in the final scene with artistic style by tripping him into a hay bailer. The trip through this machine transforms Foggy into a busty, makeup wearing "female" with clothes to match. The dogs deviltry is finalized by marrying Foggy to the banty rooster. All-in-all, a very memorable cartoon.
I have purchased a few seasons in the Looney Tunes series, and the Foghorn Leghorn series keeps me laughing each time I pull them up.

Kakadu Pet Give a Dog a Bone Leather Dog Collar, 1" x 19 1/2", Black
Kakadu Pet Give a Dog a Bone Leather Dog Collar, 1" x 19 1/2", Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking collar for my dog, February 17, 2014
My dogs old collar had quite a bit of age on it, showing age from years of wear. She is 12 now, and I couldn't bear to see her in that tattered old collar. Although I thought I would get a red collar with bones exactly like her old collar, I found this black collar with bone studs and thought I would try this one for a change. I'm glad I went with this black - I think it really looks classy, the black with the silver bone studs. And I'm fairly certain that my dog loves this collar also. I had to take it off the other day to give her a bath - she got all squirmy when I was taking it off (something she never did with her old collar), and once I removed the collar, she picked it up and started carrying it around in her mouth! I'd say those actions conveyed her affection for this collar loud and clear!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tough RAZR HD Case and Holster, February 16, 2014
This is one tough case. I have been using it with my Droid RAZR HD for the past 8 months, and it has protected my phone from many drops, even on concrete.

I had purchased 2 other cases for my phone, but I just was not satisfied with the level of protection they provided. Then I found this case and belt holster. As soon as I got it, I was impressed with just how hard the plastic is on this thing. Before I put it on my phone, I tested it out by standing on it (the case, not the holster). It did not bend or flex or break. I don't know what kind of hard plastic this is, but I knew I had found the perfect case.

The case and the holster work together to protect the entire phone when it is placed in the holster. First, I put the outer cover around the RAZR HD. Actually, this isn't as easy as it sounds because this plastic is so sturdy, but with a little wiggling, I was able to get it on the phone. It has all the necessary cutouts on the right side for the power button and the volume rockers. It does not cover the top so the HDMI and charging port on the left side with convenient cutouts. However the Micro USB and SIM Card slots are covered, so you have to take the case off to exchange or replace these cards. You do have to take the cover off to get to the SD card slot. The bottom is not completely covered, but this is where the holster comes into play. Once I slide the phone into the holster, screen side against the soft felt lining, the entire phone, except the very top, is cocooned in this rigid suit of armor. Once placed in the holster, the phone is protected against most any fall. I have dropped mine with the holster attached on many occasions on concrete and there has never been any damage to my phone. It is kind of like my phone is in a hard tortoise shell. It really is that well protected.

I wear the holster on my belt, and it is easy to slide my phone in and out of the holster when it is needed. I don't need to take the holster off, just slide the phone up and out. It is easy to hear my phone ring or feel it vibrate. If I leave the holster in the vertical position, it cuts into my stomach when I get in my car. However, the clip rotates, so it is very easy to place it in the horizontal position and then back again once I exit my car.

In addition, on the back of the cover is a stand that pops out and snaps to lock in place so I can watch videos. I just set it on a flat surface and I'm good to go - in both portrait and horizontal positions.. I also found out that if I do not have a place to set my phone, the stand also makes a great handle to hold my phone in any position. Folding the standup can be a little tricky, you have to make sure that they "click" back into place or it keeps sliding open.

I haven't had any problems with the belt clip slipping off because it has a fairly large indented tongue that grabs and wraps around the bottom of my belt. It is sometimes difficult to get it off my belt because this tongue clips on so well to my belt.

Just as the case was difficult to get on my phone, it is equally as hard to get it off the phone. My fingers generally slip a few times before I am able to get a good grip on the case, but then it slides right off. Because this case is such a snug fit, It makes these two activities a bit of a hassle.

That is really the only thing I can say bad about this case\holder combo. It works great. It protects my phone from its worst enemy - me! In addition, considering I paid less than $10 for this case/holster, I think it also qualifies as a great deal!

C&E CNE93598 Shell Case and Holster Combo for Motorola Droid RAZR HD - 1 Pack - Non-Retail Packaging - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tough Case, February 16, 2014

MKC file manager
MKC file manager
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Out-of-Date Version Prevents Install, August 24, 2013
This review is from: MKC file manager (App)
As of 24 August 2013 the version on the Amazon AppStore is outdated. I only discovered this fact after the App was installed on my tablet and I tapped to open the App. Although the App did open, after completing a five step set-up process, an error message pops up. The message states that this version of MKCommander File Manager is out-of-date, and that the latest version should be downloaded from Google "Market." When I attempted to close the message by tapping back, it causes the App to force close.
The use of the term "Market" in lieu of Play may indicate just how old this version on Amazon may be since Google has not referred to their App site using Market for quite some time (just a guess).
Developers put their Apps here on Amazon to gain exposure, and presumably recognition for their work. Assuming that Amazon doesn't let just anyone peddle Apps here in the AppStore, the developer was either chosen or perhaps paid for his/her App to be showcased. Therefore, I believe it is the developers responsibility to make new versions available when they are updated. I searched Google Play for MKC, and the latest version is available for download. AppStore may not offer as extensive a collection as Play, but I prefer AppStore. The developer should either update this App, or remove it since the status of the App has languished for a great deal of time.

Elsse (TM) 4.3 Inch Internet Touchscreen Tablet with Built in WIFI and much more
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Android Device for Music, Mail, Surfing and More, March 28, 2013
I bought one of these Elsse 4.3" devices back in June 2012 when it was only packing Android 2.2. Based on my use of this older device and the excellent experience I had with it, I took the plunge into this new, redesigned Elsse Android device. I could not be happier with the cosmetic changes they have made to the device and the new Android 4.1 operating system.

This device is much quicker than the older unit I purchased (I still use the old device). For about six weeks now, I have used it on a daily basis. The operating system is stable and transitions from screen to screen are very smooth. This device does come pre-loaded with Google Play Store for Apps, Books, Movies and Music. However, I have AVG Security Antivirus on another Android tablet I have that is loaded with 4.1 - but for some reason, this App is not available for this Elsse device from Google Play. I guess this is just one of the quirks of having such a small unit.

I use my Elsse Android device (I'm kind of loathe to call it a real "tablet") for three main purposes: 1) to surf the internet with Google Chrome; 2) check my Gmail; and, 3) listen to music while the unit is attached to earphones or small speakers (no Bluetooth on this Elsse unit, so you have to use the 3.5 mm audio jack).

One of my complaints with the earlier version of this Elsse device was the short battery life - I would be lucky to get 3 hours on a full battery charge. This new Elsse device, however, holds a good charge - I can play music for a good six hours. Quite an increase in the battery life over the older model. Recharging from about 40 percent takes just over an hour. I have charged and totally discharged the battery twice, with the third time coming up this week.

The older Elsse unit I purchased was black, and the plastic was somewhat flimsy. I really was not excited about the white plastic on this unit, but I will have to say that it looks great and Elsse has upped the quality of their plastic casing and side buttons.

Now for the bad - it has a TFT screen - like the ones used on the old touchscreen PDAs. Luckily, I still had some of my styli from my PDA days. They work better for me the rubber tip stylus I use on my tablets and phone, but is certainly not as responsive and smooth as a capacitive screen. I can get the screen to respond by using my fingernail, but fingers and rubber styli just to not work on this screen. Elsse does include a PDA type stylus with the unit, but it is fairly cheap and flimsy.

Another issue is that there is NO dedicated home button; wither on screen or on the case itself. I find myself hitting back and back and back until I get to the home screen. There has to be a way to get to the home launcher screen quickly - but I have not figured it out as of yet. If anyone knows, please send me a comment.

I am certainly glad I purchased another one of these Elsse Android devices. They are compact, very portable and just plain fun.

Colibri Premium Butane Fuel Refill for Lighter 3 pack
Colibri Premium Butane Fuel Refill for Lighter 3 pack
Offered by MIDDLEBROOK
Price: $15.45
3 used & new from $15.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Much Better Than The Cheaper Brands Of Butane, March 10, 2013
I purchased this Colibri Premium Butane for my Colibri lighters because this premium butane is recommended. It DOES make a difference when compared to the Zippo brand you can purchase easily at Wal-Mart and other stores. It does not clog up the lighter and the flame is very even as opposed to the flickering flame I experienced with the cheap butane. I think this Colibri butane is purer and thus cleaner burning than the other brands. Although the Zippo and other less expensive brands may work, they do not hold a candle to this smooth burning butane. Although they are more expensive than many lighters, my Colibri lighters had the irritating tendency to clog when using the other brands. I (finally) read the literature that came with these Colibri lighters. The Colibri Premium Butane is the suggested refill for these lighters. Although I was skeptical that this Colibri butane would make any difference whatsoever, I was amazed that when I purged the lighters of the Zippo butane and filled the lighters with this Colibri butane - now the lighters constantly produce a flame on the first button click, the lighters do not get clogged, the flames are strong and steady and the butane refills last longer, I presume because the butane burns cleaner.

This Colibri butane has to be shipped ground because of the volatile nature of the compressed contents. However, even with this restrictive shipping method, I received the three bottles in four days from the day my order was submitted. I was expecting to wait a week or more, so this was a very nice surprise.

Although it is more expensive up front than the cheaper brands, it does last longer in my lighters and therefore I use less butane making this Colibri butane just as economical in the long run.

DYMO LetraTag Self-Adhesive Multi-Purpose Label Tape, 1/2-inch, 13-foot Cassette, Black Print on Metallic Silver (1743603)
Price: $4.99
78 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy - Makes Things Easy to Identify, August 20, 2012
This Dymo LetraTag metallic silver labeling tape is perfect for making the black text stand out. If I use one of the larger fonts on my LetraTag label maker, I can see the type from across the room. That is very handy to identify items or if an item is on a shelf, where it might otherwise be difficult to view.

I like the silver metallic background because there are not many packages or other items that have this shade as their background. That makes these labels standout. They are easy to identify as something I have labeled. And I label everything, from the contents of a cabinet shelf, to boxes and bins I do not want to open (pre-label - I would have opened a bin 15 times to determine its contents - no longer), to file folders, to the back of all my electronics in case I lose one. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

These labels are easy to apply, the rear of each labels backing is split in two so it is effortless to take the backing off. If I need to trim a label, I peel away the backing first and then use a pair of scissors to trim up the tape without the backing. I found that if I kept trimming the labels with the backing on, I could not find the "split" on the back of my labels I trimmed. Since cutting most labels is quick and easy, trimming with the back off does not deter from the adhesiveness of the label.

I have had no problem with these Dymo labels adhering to any surface. And the labels hold firmly in place, regardless of temperature variations. I use a lot of this LetraTag tape, and I have found Amazon's price to be the best. On all variations of the LetraTag tape, their price is always the lowest.

DYMO Labeling Tape, LetraTag Labelers, Plastic, 1/2"x13', Black on Yellow
DYMO Labeling Tape, LetraTag Labelers, Plastic, 1/2"x13', Black on Yellow
Price: $3.95
75 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy - Makes Items Easy to Identify, August 17, 2012
This Dymo LetraTag labeling tape is perfect for making the black text stand out. If I use one of the larger fonts on my LetraTag label maker, I can see the type from across the room. That is very handy to identify items or if an item is on a shelf, where it might otherwise be difficult to view.

I like the background because there are not many packages or other items that have this shade as their background. That makes these labels standout. They are easy to identify as something I have labeled. In addition, I label everything, from the contents of a cabinet shelf, to boxes and bins I do not want to open (pre-label, I would have opened a bin 15 times to determine its contents - no longer), to file folders, to the back of all my electronics in case I lose one. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

These labels are easy to apply, the rear of each labels backing is split in two so it is effortless. If I need to trim a label, I peel away the backing first and then use a pair of scissors to trim up without the backing. I found that if I kept trimming the labels with the backing on, I could not find the "split" on the back of my labels trimmed. Since cutting most labels is quick and easy, trimming with the back off does not deter from the adhesiveness of the label.

I have had no problem with these Dymo labels adhering to any surface. Moreover, the labels hold firmly in place, regardless of temperature variations. I use a lot of this LetraTag tape, and I have found Amazon's price to be the best. On all variations of the LetraTag tape, their price is always the lowest.

Vornado Flippi V8 Personal Air Circulator
Vornado Flippi V8 Personal Air Circulator
Price: $26.13
64 used & new from $9.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Little Wonder - Keeps Me Nice and Cool, August 15, 2012
This is my first Vornado fan; I bought this little guy because I wanted a small fan to cool me directly while sitting at my desk in my home office. I have 2 separate desks in this room, and I wanted a fan that would hit me at one or the other when it was moved. Well, I placed this small wonder on the floor, turned it on high, and I now sit in peace and quiet, and cool

When I first bought this "desk" fan, I was concerned that it might not work on the floor, but I was hoping that with its flexible neck design that I could point it in any direction - even straight up - to create a steady stream of air. And I have been able to achieve this steady stream of air with this little powerhouse sitting on my floor about 3 feet from me. Since it is so light and portable, I just pick it up with the built in "handle" (the space between the bottom of the fan housing and the top of the base) and move it 5 feet away to my other desk. I think that is real convenience - no need for a large fan taking up space or buying 2 smaller fans for each area; this fan does it all.

For being a fan with a grill opening just shy of 5 inches, I must say the air pressure it can put out is impressive. On low, I can feel the full air column about 10 feet away, that tapers off to a slight breeze around 15 feet away. On high, it can push that air column 20 feet, tapering off to a slight breeze about 23 feet away. The noise level on low is quiet, but high tends to be a little bit noisy (but not putting out enough noise to distract me). I generally work in solitude in my office since I live alone. I even answer the phone with the fan on high, and it does not disturb my side of the conversation and when I have asked those I am speaking with on the other end, they inform me that they hear nothing in the background, certainly nothing resembling the sound of a fan when I ask about the specific item I am asking them about for the noise. Therefore, although I run this fan on high all the time, the noise level does not bother me, although I am sure it might be somewhat annoying to others.

I can then turn this fan on rotate and it circulates the air to an even greater degree. I can make sure I point it to discharge a blast of air underneath my desk to keep my feet nice and cool. This little fan has it all. This fan looks nice with the glossy black finish, and with the small footprint - it is only about 6.5 inches across and about 6 inches deep. Pointed straight up when fully open it is just a bit above 9 inches high, and when closed it is only about 8 inches high. In addition, when this fan is in its closed position, I think it looks like a little piece of modern art. Of course, I know nothing about art - so I will just say that it looks nice totally closed.

A couple of things that I think they should change concern the ON/OFF switch. I have to be holding the fan to operate the OFF, LOW, HIGH and back to OFF switch. Surely then could come up with a better switch on the side plastic casing or in the back where the rotate switch is located. Going along with redesigning the ON/OFF switch, I think they should put a MEDIUM speed on this fan. I am sure it can accommodate a middle speed, and since most fans have 3 speeds, it would bring this fan in line with other fans

This item really lives up to the Vornado reputation of building quality fans and are great at keeping the areas around them nice and cool. I am certainly glad I invested in this fan - I hope the durability is in line with its superior performance (in another 6 months or so after I have had this for over a year).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19