Profile for Kathleen A. Taylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kathleen A. Taylor "Kate, author of "The Pink Eraser"; co-author with Jeffrey Underwood." RSS Feed (Jaffrey, NH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform: A Step-by-Step Book Marketing Plan to Get More Exposure and Sales
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Take center stage as an author, October 12, 2014
At first glance, I was curious as to why a book that is a step by step book marketing plan would have what appeared to be an empty and vacant stage as the illustration on the cover. Well, it was a stage. As authors, we need to take center stage within our author platform.

Growing and building our author platform needs balance. A book cannot be written in one day. An author platform cannot be built in one day. Finding a balance between writing and marketing is so important.

Most often, I find myself focusing more on the marketing when I am in between writing books. I could and should be doing some of both daily. The book appears to be promising to assist me with this challenge.

Shelley Hitz spells out within the acronyms B.U.I.L.D and G.R.O.W the steps to find the balance of writing and marketing that will increase readership, which will in turn reach more people with the message we as authors want to convey, and there will be an increase in the sales of our books.

The part about building a personal website will be very useful for me. I especially like the suggestion of offering a free chapter in pdf form through an email system.

Hitz' advice within "9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform" will help get me to center stage, where I will reach beyond the very valuable, but small readership that I have now.

Please note I was provided this book by the author in exchange for my honest review

Doctor (The Doctor Trilogy Book 1)
Doctor (The Doctor Trilogy Book 1)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars More relationship steam, please..., September 14, 2014
Reviews here our from our own perception and understanding as readers. As an author, I know the pinch of not so good reviews. I often read other books to see styles of writing. I uploaded this book into my Kindle to read a chick lit story. This one was supposed to be hot and very much like Fifty... My personal perception of the book, was that I didn't find it comparable. Possibly it fits the criteria for a chick lit story. There were no real relationships at all. What's your name; let's f**k. Maybe let's f**k and I'll find your name out later. Time with one another to build steamy relationships, with teasing, and not saying all the sexual words blatantly.. That is what makes me warm. There are some issues with editing.

The Awkward Detective: The Bone Donor
The Awkward Detective: The Bone Donor
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a good read? The Bone Donor is a match!, May 17, 2014
The Bone Donor is a page turner. There are moments of who-done-what, but more often than not the page turning happens because the reader wants to know-what-the-hell-is-going-on-here?
One of the most entertaining parts of the book for me was when after a few weeks of dating Molly, Jason brought her home to meet his parents. I loved his rough around the edges, sharp tongued mom and his father's show 'n tell tour of their home.
Ever been to Apple, MA? What a town filled with characters, the Mashburns and Detective Alan Lawson included.
I kept tapping my chin however, wondering what was the connection between Molly and Jason's twin brother, Jeremy.
Wright Forbucks' madly imaginative dark humored style in The Bone Donor is there, tart all the way to its seedy little core. The Bone Donor is a recommended beach read, but when thunderstorms interrupt, take the tale home and finish it from your comfy chair.

Psychogenic Non-epileptic Seizures: A Guide
Psychogenic Non-epileptic Seizures: A Guide
by Lorna Myers Ph.D.
Price: $15.30
24 used & new from $12.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, there is a light!, May 2, 2014
Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, finally a name after eight years. I bought the book and then bought the Kindle version as well. I knew when I visited my therapist that I might be sharing the book. He was as impressed as I, and planned on ordering for himself.
Dr. Myers provides information that is professional, with terms that the lay person understands easily. I have felt so supported and encouraged throughout the pages. I am grateful to know now what has happened for so many years and never been identified.

How to Publish and Market AudioBooks (Book Marketing Success 3)
How to Publish and Market AudioBooks (Book Marketing Success 3)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All the information you need.., August 21, 2013
Once again, Shelley Hitz and Heather Hart provide the information in a step by step plan for success in book publishing and marketing. The book is easy to understand as the writer is led through the process.

The Table of Contents gives easy direction for the reader and the writer to find exactly what they need.

The other bonuses provided: pdfs, videos, and even resources for music are very helpful.

Thank you, Shelley for the gift of this book to review!

Nice Guy Syndrome
Nice Guy Syndrome
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Go at reading Nice Guy Syndrome like you would a game of "Hot or Cold" instead of "Fish," and you'll be happier, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Nice Guy Syndrome (Kindle Edition)
Why is it that I cannot just box the ears of the Nice Guy and slam the door in his face?! I am drawn to him like a fruit fly is drawn to an overripe banana! I have cozied up on his lap in the recliner; I have wiped the bubbles off his face in the bath, and yes, I have taken him to bed with me. Damn! There's just something about him. He does have symptoms of a lifelong condition that some peeps would find undesirable, maybe even abnormal. I like him because underneath all his misbehavior, he is a real guy.

Nice Guy Syndrome, Phil Torcivia's newest endeavor was a fun read with all its bawdy, suggestive, and facetious humor. I got to take a breather when I read the irreverent texts from his cats, Syd and Symon interjected through out.

Go at reading Nice Guy Syndrome like you would a game of "Hot or Cold" instead of "Fish," and you'll be happier.

Fish:

"I want to start reading a new book."
"OK."
"Help me think of something?"
"How about Moby Dick?"
"It's too large, Um, I mean the book." (Go fish.)
"The Life of Potemkin?"
"Geezus, too much history! (Go fish.)
"A bodice ripper, perhaps?"
"Nevermind, I don't care; I'll watch youtubes about funny cats." (A lie.)

Hot or Cold:

"Hey, in the mood for a new book?"
"Yes, nothing sci-fi or violent."
"Fiction?"
"Sure. Is it raunchy, sexy, and funny?"
"Oh yeah It's Nice Guy Syndrome, by Phil Torcivia.
Want me to slip it into your Kindle?"
"Yesss!I'm gonna go run a bubble bath."

See? It's that easy! Read Nice Guy Syndrome.

I Wonder What It's Like To Be
I Wonder What It's Like To Be
by Mark Darlow
Price: $11.47
4 used & new from $5.76

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Wonder Set..., June 23, 2013
Mark Darlow's poetry is simple with a lilt. The illustrations are colorful and there are conversation starters on each page. I really do love the simplicity. I have six grandchildren in all with three younger grandchildren, one of whom can read the book to her sister and brother. My youngest grandson has autism. He has a sensitivity and bond with music. That is how he communicates. He does not say very many words, but he can sing every word he hears. I am pleased that there is music to go along with the story. That alone will capture his attention.

eloquii Essential V-Neck Cardigan Women's Plus Size New Stone 18/20
eloquii Essential V-Neck Cardigan Women's Plus Size New Stone 18/20

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for spring, April 18, 2013
lightweight, very comfortable, this goes with my stone color slacks perfectly. fits very well. I like the long sleeves, so many are 3/4 length today, and I don't care for those.

Author Publicity Pack: Resources to Help You Take Your Book Marketing To The Next Level (Book Marketing Success 5)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Stuff, February 24, 2013
Author Publicity Pack:Resources to Help You Take Your Book Marketing to the Next Level has all the right stuff.
Every author wants to be recognized and have their books read. The information is easily in one's hands within this book. I appreciate the table of contents, so that I can target the area where I want to focus and gather my information readily. In the process of publishing a book at this moment, I am looking forward to promoting all my books and watching the expansion of my readers circle.

Nice Knowing You
Nice Knowing You
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Equation Adds Up!, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Nice Knowing You (Kindle Edition)
I enoy the way Phil Torcivia sardonically ponders relationships between men and women. Kindle + glass of wine + books by Phil Torcivia = relaxed, happy, chuckling me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3