Profile for Zach > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zach RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera
23 used & new from $139.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens - Should be one of the 3 you own!, June 20, 2014
Every photographer (from the newly minted hobbiest to the full-fledged professional) should have a standard 15 to 55 mm lense, a 73 to 300 mm lens, and one with a very wide aperture.

This lens gives you a nice zoom. I use it to take photographs of wildlife (especially birds) and it does a great job!

Get out there and take at least 1 quality photograph each day, and use this lens to do it!

Keen Men's Newport H2 Walking Sandal
Keen Men's Newport H2 Walking Sandal
Price: $39.99 - $142.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit - Great Summer Active Lifestyle Shoe!, June 20, 2014
Flip-flops HURT my feet. And I bike a LOT so I can't wear anything open toed, so I needed a nice open sandal that protected my toe and stayed securely on my foot. This was the perfect option! It is a secure fit, very comfortable, and it is quick and easy to get on and off. You just slip it on, tighten the string, and fix it into place by your toes. I love that I can ride my bike with these and feel the safety/protection of shoes with the comfort/openness of sandals.

The only time/place I haven't loved these shoes is at the Beach. I bike to the beach and when I walk on the beach with these sandals I get sand/pebbles stuck inside and they don't come out easily. Otherwise, I have not complaints. Enjoy them!!

Zojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, Stainless Steel
Zojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, Stainless Steel
Offered by Superco
Price: $179.99
40 used & new from $176.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!!, June 20, 2014
I worked at Teavana for a few months in College (I think I spent more than I earned, even with their 40% employee discount!!) This is one purchase I would make again (if I had to) even without the discount.

I like white, green, oolong, and black tea. I like roobois and mate, too. When I want a sour stomach from acidic coffee I use this machine and a coffee press.

White/Green like 175F water; Oolong and Black 195F, Roobois and Mate, 205F. It's most important that you do not burn your beverage, so I really like that I can set this at one temperature and it will maintain that temperature until I change it or add water. So, if it's a black-tea week I set it to 195F, green 175F, etc.

Of course I'm impatient and want the impossible, but I really wish I didn't have a waiting period if I wanted to start with black tea and switch to green. Unfortunately, I do. This machine will boil the water again and then bring the temp back down. To spell it out, if the water is at 195 and you switch it to 175, this machine will boil the water (heating it from 195 to boiling) then wait till it cools and maintain it at 175. This machine has kept your water at 175 for a week (it'll do that with no problem) but you switch to oolong tea. Rather than just heat the water up to 195 again, it'll boil the water and wait till it cools down to 195.

This boil-then-cool thing is a bit frustrating! I'm at 195, don't boil I want you to switch to 175! I'm at 175, don't boil, just go up 20 degrees to 195!! But, that's my only complaint. It'd be a 5 if it could do this last thing... maybe there is some health reason why it needs to always boil then cool... but I don't know.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by how long it'll keep a temperature steady. I'm happy that it boils water quickly. I like that the power plug detaches from the machine and the wall, and it's magnetized to guide it back in place.

It's a great purchase, you'll love it!! Even if it's not 100% perfect.

Topeak MTX Trunk Bag EXP Bicycle Trunk Bag with Rigid Molded Panels
Topeak MTX Trunk Bag EXP Bicycle Trunk Bag with Rigid Molded Panels
Price: $65.60
59 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Commuter or Day Trip Cyclist!, June 20, 2014
I've had this bag for 2.5 summers so far, and though I balked at the price at first I am so thrilled I have this bag. I ride to and from work at least three times each week (I live in the Bronx, work in Brooklyn). I wear cycling pants and jersey to ride into work, I keep my work clothes (nicely folded) in one of the fold out side-bags and my towel, soap/shampoo/conditioner in the other side-bag. In the main part I keep my Kindle (a must) and my lights (if the days are long enough), lunch, and any other necessary items.

I also bike to the beach (Far Rockaway for NYC people) and I put my swim trunks, lock, sunblock, towel and Kindle in here. Along the way I stop and grab a sandwich and some drinks and I am set for the day.

Even when I'm not loaded down with beach or work gear I keep this bag on my bike to store my bike lock and anything else I might pick up on the way home (it fits a six pack and/or a bottle of wine!).

The thing I like the most about this bag is that is slides on and off of your bike rack easily. There is NO time wasted. When I get to the gym each morning I detach my lights/computer/phone, throw them in the bag, pull out my lock, lock the bike up, slide the bag off and I'm stretched and in the shower in 5 minutes.

It also folds and zips up very easily.

The only problem I've run into is the 'cup holder' in the very back of the bag. Some designer thought it was a good feature, and maybe it is, but you hit one pothole or bump and any bottle you have in that back bottle-holder is flying out of there. I was on a cycling trip last week, one of the guys couldn't find a waste-can to put his empty juice bottle in so I offered the space to him, 15 miles later I hit a bump and it came flying out onto the road (stopped to pick it up and found a waste-can soon after) it was inconvenient to stop.

You won't regret it! You will have regrets if you go with the size down from here, the one that doesn't expand.

CatEye Volt 300 USB Rechargeable Headlight
CatEye Volt 300 USB Rechargeable Headlight
Offered by CATCHaBUY
Price: $44.95
37 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase - Keeps Cyclists Visible & Safe!, June 20, 2014
I bike to and from work at least three times a week in NYC. I live in the Bronx and bike to Brooklyn, so I travel through at least 3/5ths of the boroughs. I used to go through batteries and never have a light when I needed one, but now I don't worry. I keep the mount on my handlebars and only attach the light when it's getting light in the morning or dark in the evening. Of course it detaches very easily and I throw it in my bike bag until I need it again.

I use the same charger for this light as I do for my Kindle (I have an iPhone, if I had an Android I'm sure wouldn't ever need more than one charger... but.... alas). I have this grey one, and my boyfriend has the same one in red (he likes to stand out a bit more).

Definitely worth the investment, it's got a few modes. It'll pulse, even throw off a constant beam and flash a brighter strobe. Just depress the on/off switch for 2 seconds to power on/off and when it is on depress the button to cycle through the different modes.

Stay safe cyclists!! And motorists, share the road!!

CatEye Rapid X Light
CatEye Rapid X Light
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Light - Love That it Re-Charges, June 20, 2014
This review is from: CatEye Rapid X Light (Misc.)
I live and work in NYC, so at least three times each week I'm biking from the Bronx, down 2nd Avenue, over the Manhattan Bridge in the morning and back up 1st Ave on the way home. Yeah, there are bike lanes, but you want those cabs and buses to see you! This is a great light, I got it for twice the price at my local bike (on 49th between 1st and 2nd) but the owners are great people. I had lights before, but I was always out of batteries, and I got really nervous that I'd either get hit by a car or ticketed for riding without lights, now I don't have to worry.

I have 2 of these lights and in the morning or at night I put one on each side of my rear wheel. Even when I have both of my saddle bags hanging these lights keep me visible. I especially love the fact that the charger is a mini USB so I can keep my Kindle and lights charged with the same charger (lights and a Kindle are necessary equipment for biking to the beach).

Very happy with this purchase, enjoy!!

Sony 50mm f/1.8 SAM DT Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Cameras
Sony 50mm f/1.8 SAM DT Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $168.00
30 used & new from $120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens, Very Happy I Purchased It!, June 20, 2014
I received my Sony Alpha Digital SLR as a gift, a very generous gift that included the standard lens along with a nice 300mm zoom lens. I decided that I needed to take a basic photography class so I could learn to use it and after learning about portraiture and shallow depth of field I just needed to have a lens that could give me a larger aperture. I found this one online and it was definitely worth it, I the f/1.8 is enough to give you a good effect, even if you're a newer hobbiest like myself. I was thrilled to be able to be able to take the type of photos I wanted to.

Black Soapstone Covered "Coffin" Box Stick & Cone Incense Burner, 10.5", (IB473)
Offered by Smile 'n Save
Price: $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Really no surprise with this item, June 12, 2014
So, this item is what it says. It's a black box with white engravings and it holds incense. If you're an incense burner and looking to use incense with a black box with white decorative carvings then buy this item.

Opteka RC-3 Wireless Remote Control for Sony Alpha A33, A55, A57, A65, A77, A99, NEX-5, NEX-6, NEX-7, A230, A330, A380, A390, A450, A500, A550, A560, A580, A700, A850, A900 (RMT-DSLR1 Replacement)
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $7.95
4 used & new from $5.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, June 12, 2014
I bought this as a remote to my DSLR camera, an Alpha line, but it didn't work. I was very confused because the product description made me think that I bought the correct product.... oops! Don't listen to the manufacturer on this one!

The Gay Metropolis: The Landmark History of Gay Life in America
The Gay Metropolis: The Landmark History of Gay Life in America
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, June 12, 2014
This book is entertaining, educational, and interesting.

There are enough 'vocabulary words' to make me feel like I'm learning something, but it reads pretty easily. It does switch from narrator to personal account very rapidly, which can be confusing, but overall, it's a great novel. If you're looking for a cheap gay romance novel, then keep looking. If you're interested in the gay history and hoping to develop a feel for the real experience of the people who lived in each decade then give this book a read. Sure, it's got a gay bent, so lesbians/trans/bi you may be disappointed, but no group is left out. I'm just thoroughly please to read a literate, gay author who doesn't specialize in smut.

Page: 1 | 2