Profile for MrsOpinionated87 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MrsOpinionated87 RSS Feed

MTD LAWN MOWER PART # 946-0935A CABLE TRANS.SHIFT Replaces 746-0935A
MTD LAWN MOWER PART # 946-0935A CABLE TRANS.SHIFT Replaces 746-0935A
Offered by Outdoor Wholesale Direct
Price: $40.99
4 used & new from $34.58

5.0 out of 5 stars INVALUABLE PART IF YOUR IN NEED OF ONE, June 14, 2011
The other day my riding mower stopped working, and sure enough it was my transmission cable. No big deal I'll just run down to the local small engine shop and pick up a new one,WRONG. I spent all day driving to or calling every small engine shop in town trying to find this thing. They all said the same thing, that they'd have to order one and it would take about a week to get in and cost around $55-$70!! So I came home and did a little online research and found this one for almost half the price!!! So I immediately purchased one and they said shipping would be about 5-7 days, WRONG!!! Much to my surprise it was in my mail box in two days!! I got the mower fixed in about 5 minutes and she's running like a champ now. The cable is great and a factory replacement part, not a 3rd party product. Thanks Amazon!!

Surround Air XJ-350 Electric Fabric Shaver
Surround Air XJ-350 Electric Fabric Shaver
Price: $21.93
15 used & new from $10.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked a little now not at all!, June 14, 2011
I bought this shaver to help with sweater fuzz balls. It worked okay (not perfect) but you have to be careful with it and make sure the material doesn't get bunch up or else you will get knicks in your clothes. It happened to 2 of my tops. I just got it out after it had been stored for a few months and apparently the motor has gone out. I tried to use the battery option as well as the electric plug and nothing happens when I turn the shaver on. Its been over a year since I purchased it so the warranty is no longer in effect. I guess I got some of my moneys worth out of it but definitely not what I paid for it! I do not recommend this product. Do some research and find a better one.

SportDOG 100-Acre In-Ground Pet Fence System, SDF-100A
SportDOG 100-Acre In-Ground Pet Fence System, SDF-100A
Offered by WebsBestStores
Price: $259.95
64 used & new from $249.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Two different dogs two different stories!, May 22, 2011
I have two medium size mutts. Chase is laid back but loves to run and play and Rufus is a very timid and scared of alot.

First off let me say this make sure the range is adjusted on the box before putting the batteries in the collars. My husband was holding the collar in his hand inside the house (far away from the lines) and got shocked on the 5th level! Ouch! We readjusted the range to two feet from the line and truned the collar down to level 2 after that.I think the range came out of the box set on 40 feet

I took chase out on a leash and let him lead me to the perimiter rather than me taking him over there and tossing a toy or treat across the line like youre instructed too. It only took him 2 times of trying to cross over the fence before he realized that he didnt wanna go anywhere near those flags. He LOVES playing fetch but you better believe if that ball goes NEAR that fence he will NOT even try to go get it! We did have one incident the other day where there was a cat in the back yard and Chase blew through the fence and did not even flench when he was getting shocked! However, ever since then he has been even more reluctant to get close to the fence so I think the level 5 shock hurt him enough that he wont be doing that again (The shock level increases as they cross the perimeter).

Rufus was a different story. I let him lead me to the perimeter just as I did for Chase and once he got shocked he was terrified of his yard. We would lead him around and show him all the places he could go but he would never leave our side. When we would let him out by himself he would not even leave the back porch. We tried for 2 weeks to get him used to it but he never did. I called the company for advice and they instructed me to start over. Here is what the customer service rep informed me to do incase anyone else has this problem. Give him a week or so to get used to being in his yard without the collar on. I put Rufus back on the runner we were using before we installed the fence. After he is comfortable in the yard again put the collar on but dont put batteries in it. After a few days of doing that turn the vibrate only function on and see how he does with that. Once he is comfortable wandering around the yard you can turn the shock back on to the lowest level to correct him if he tries to leave the perimeter.

Another issue we had is that if you lay the line within 3 feet of any wire (telephone,cable,electric,etc) the signal can apparently transmit to that wire and mess up your range. We noticed that sometimes when we would let the dogs out the back door their collars would vibrate like they were nearing the edge of the perimeter. The back door is in almost the very center of the perimeter so we couldn't figure out why this was happening. The customer service rep told us we would need to dig up and move the line further away from the house so this wouldnt happen anymore.

One more thing- I apparently misread some information about this fence because I thought the collars continued to shock the dogs when they were outside of the perimeter until they got back inside of it. That is not true though. The collar only shocks them when they are inside of the range you set. So if you set a 2 foot range it will shock them 2 feet before the line and 2 feet behind the line. Once they get out of that zone it will deliver the static charge.

Im sorry this was so long but I understand what a big decision it is so I thought I would give you all the details. Overall I love this fence and have alot of trust in it and my dogs response to it. I would definetly recommend it to anyone looking at this as an option. I hope this was helpful!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2015 5:40 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars New runner found a new friend!, May 22, 2011
I just started running and quickly found out why so many people hate to do it! My shins would kill me after I had been running for just a few minutes. This was so disappointing because I loved to run I just couldnt bare the pain! I did some research and came across these online. After reading alot of reviews on them I decided they were just what I needed. I am 5'7 and I think I have larger than normal calves so I got the large. They are a little long but fit just perfectly around my shins. They are not difficult to put on but you cant just slip them on like you do a pair of socks either. They are not too tight and not too loose offering the perfect amount of compression. I am happy to say when I wear them I have no problems with pains in my shins. I have recommended them to several other people who were having the same issue and they all love them as well. Now to just figure out how to help the other pains....sheesh!

Nexxus New York Salon Care Conditioner, Pro-Mend Split End Binding 13.5 Ounce
Nexxus New York Salon Care Conditioner, Pro-Mend Split End Binding 13.5 Ounce
Offered by we care 4 u
Price: $12.50
37 used & new from $5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but don't expect a miracle!, May 22, 2011
This is what I said on my review of the shampoo because I use them in conjunction with each other and I assume that is what gives my hair the look and feel I love so much. I think everyone is a little skeptical of this product at first because it just sounds too good to be true! Well its not magic in a bottle but it does really improve your split ends. It doesnt seem to me like it actually mends mine but it helps the pieces lie closer together and look more like 1 strand which will of course help you with your frizz problems. I saw the most dramatic difference the first time I used the product (like the commercial says). More than anything I love the way it makes my hair smell and feel. I do recommend this product to my friends and will continue to use it because I feel it makes my hair look and feel much healthier. As for mending split ends, Im not sure how true that is but I would say it probably does better at preventing them by keeping your hair healthy so start using it after you get a haircut.

Nexxus Daily Shampoo, Pro-Mend Split End Treatment 13.5 oz
Nexxus Daily Shampoo, Pro-Mend Split End Treatment 13.5 oz
Price: $8.79
19 used & new from $3.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not magic but its pretty great shampoo!, May 22, 2011

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Success!, May 22, 2011
After working out 4-5 days a week for 3 months and not seeing the fat loss results that I wanted I started searching for something that would help. Ive tried different diet pills in the past and have had no luck and too much luck (lost too much to fast and rebounded my weight). OxyElite Pro was recommended to me by several friends that had success with it. I bought the 180 capsule bottle thinking my husband would use it as well. He did not end up using it and I have alot of pills left over because I stopped using them after the recommended time was up, off the top of my head I THINK it was 8 weeks. I have lost a total of 21 pounds in 2 1/2 months. I have still been working out and I dont eat healthy but I dont eat really unhealthy either. OxyElite helps curb your appetite so you can more easily control your portion size and calorie intake. It also helps give you that extra energy you need to be active and to fight the sluggishness that comes from eating less. I read the label first and took it as recommended and did not experience any weird or bad side effects with this pill. I strongly recommend it to all my friends and family looking to slim down.
My suggestions in a nutshell: Get the 90 count if its just for 1 person/ READ THE LABEL and take as directed/ Get active for maximum results!

Avon Anew Clinical Professional Cellulite Treatment
Avon Anew Clinical Professional Cellulite Treatment

4.0 out of 5 stars Best anti-cellulite product I have used, May 22, 2011
Im not going to to say this product is amazing and I am 100% satisfied with the results but I will say out of all the anti cellulite creams I have used (and I have tried ALOT) I am most satisfied with this one. It does help improve some of your problem areas but it does not completely diminish them. I used it every day until the bottle was empty and it lasted me about 1 month. Im notorious for using too much product so it might last longer for you. Now that I have ran out and stopped using it I feel my cellulite is returning to what it was before I began using the product. So, it only helps if you continue to use it every day. I will most likely buy somemore to use during the shorts and swimsuit season since it does help when you are using it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 2:25 PM PDT