Profile for C. Wicks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Wicks RSS Feed (Rocheseter, NY USA)

Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Offered by Galactics
Price: Click here to see our price
43 used & new from $141.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent monitor but quality issues - go for the 24-inch model, February 4, 2012
I had two of these shipped from Amazon and both had considerable localized backlight bleed in the lower left-hand corner. In addition, the colors out of the box were absolutely terrible. I had to spend about 2 hours between nVidia settings and my monitor settings to get it even close to acceptable. Despite the backlight bleed, it's a nice-looking display when you get the settings right. Returned, upgraded to the VS248H-P (ordered from Newegg.com...Amazon currently only has that model available from third party retailers and I had a bad experience when I bought my TV through such). I'd highly recommend shelling out the extra 20 dollars as the colors were perfect right out of the box. I only had to dim the brightness and up the contrast and I was good to go. The backlight bleed, although not entirely absent, is considerably less distracting as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2013 1:02 PM PDT