Profile for Jenna of the Jungle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 869

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jenna of the Jungle RSS Feed (NY, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ZonePerfect Kidz Nutritional Bars, Fudge Brownie, 30 Count
ZonePerfect Kidz Nutritional Bars, Fudge Brownie, 30 Count
Price: $27.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid-Friendly Taste, So-So Ingredients, October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter really likes the taste of these, and I tried it and liked it, too (not as enthusiastically). The texture is chewy and the taste is rich and sweet.

I'm not thrilled with the amount of sugar, and while there are vitamins and protein added, that's about all that differentiates it from a candy bar. It's the kind of thing I'll gladly let my daughter have every now and then when we're in a rush and need to grab something for the car ride, or when I feel like she needs a little extra energy for something active, but I don't want it to become a too-often habit. At 140 calories for a small bar, I also didn't feel it was the best idea for any kids who are trying to lose or maintain current weight.

I did look into the silicon dioxide/restless legs connection another reviewer mentioned and came up empty. I don't see any evidence that there is a connection, aside from the fact that it's included as an ingredient in a drug to COMBAT restless legs (Mirapex).

Thames & Kosmos Crystal Growing
Thames & Kosmos Crystal Growing
Price: $32.17
51 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, But You Need a Bunch of Stuff, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty cool kit-- my 7-year-old and I have used it to make crystals, and it doesn't require too much patience (just overnight for simple crystals, up to a couple of weeks for different methods). On the other hand, it does require a fair number of supplies that are not included.

The very first experiement requires sugar cubes. I looked around in the kit, thinking they had to be in there somewhere, then realized that there were whole lists of things that you're expected to have yourself. I don't keep sugar cubes in our house, so there went that experiement. Here's a list of what you will need if you want to do all the experiments:

-Sugar cube
-large shadow plate
-paper towels
-distilled water
-several jelly jars
-an "old" pot (that you're willing to throw away)
-labels
-pencil
-pot holder
-hand towel
-yarn or nylon string
-scissors, tape
-large, empty yogurt container
-old newspapers
-stone, about 3 cm with a "rough but flat surface"
-black ink cartridge (optional)

And there are lots of warnings, such as that you can't grow crystals in the kitchen or bedrooms, and you can't use any containers or equipment (like utensils) used in your experiments with food ever again. You also have to be careful not to inhale the dust or powder. They suggest doing the experiments in a "cool, quiet, and lockable basement." Must be nice... I don't have a basement.

Several experiments rely on doing other experiements first, so this is a long-term project.

The treasure chest "screw" broke off before we could use it.

Pretty neat checking on our jars each day to see what had formed, though.

Bank - Kitty Bank
Bank - Kitty Bank
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $15.58
10 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun bank, October 11, 2014
This review is from: Bank - Kitty Bank (Toy)
My 7-year-old just had to have this when she saw it in a store. I thought it was a bit of a splurge, but had to admit that the cat cracked me up, too. It reaches out with its paw and grabs a coin pretty reliably-- a couple of times we had to push the coin a little closer, but she got it on the second try.

Only negative is size-- you won't fit many coins in here. But my daughter loves showing her bank to everyone who stops by our house, and everyone is pretty amused.

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB (Previous Generation - 2nd)
Price: $199.00
8 used & new from $87.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Love My Kindle, October 10, 2014
This is my second Kindle, after my first died under warranty and was replaced (thanks, Amazon). I'm not sure if this holds true with all models, but they said that the problem was that I hadn't turned my old one on in about three weeks and it fell behind by more than one update... which blew its little mind, and it was unable to update my OS properly on reboot, sending it into a tailspin. Before that point, it froze pretty often and needed to be restarted.

I've been waiting for several months to see if any similar problems would arise with my replacement and they haven't.

I bought it for my daughter, mostly, because she has always wanted a tablet and I couldn't afford an iPad. I like the simple layout and options, the many apps, parental controls, and ease of use. We've used it to surf the web, read e-books, play apps, watch videos, and use Skype. Great to have in the car and when traveling, as well. As long as the glitches don't return, we'll be very happy campers.

Columbia Big Girls'  Pearl Plush II Hybrid Hoodie ,Groovy Pink, Medium
Columbia Big Girls' Pearl Plush II Hybrid Hoodie ,Groovy Pink, Medium
Price: $33.93
4 used & new from $33.93

5.0 out of 5 stars So Soft, October 10, 2014
This looks great on my daughter, and the sleeves and lining are irresistably soft. It's fairly thin-- not puffy-- but seems really warm. Too warm for fall in NY... I expect it to be a winter coat except in the most brutal temperatures. I love Columbia because their coats last forever, and yet they're reasonably priced. This is a much better deal than I have found in stores for comparable coats.

MySims Kingdom - Nintendo Wii
MySims Kingdom - Nintendo Wii
Offered by deep_discount_dvd_cd
Price: $24.99
89 used & new from $2.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Intro to Sims, October 10, 2014
Got this for my 7-year-old daughter. Both of us are new to the Sims world, and not particularly experienced gamers in general, so we really appreciated the 2-hour "warmup" in the beginning to teach us how to do everything. I can understand how it might be tedious for experienced players.

We both really love this. The humor is great-- I laughed out loud several times at the randomness and silliness of some of the characters. I love that there's no violence, there's plenty of creativity and open choices, there's a storyline, and there's lots of play value. The only thing I don't love is that, for a Wii game, I expect there to be a little more "physicality" to it. I love the Wii because you stay active while you're gaming (usually). Not so here. You can play the whole game sitting on the floor, which I wish wasn't so.

So far, it's running perfectly, with no hangups or glitches, and it's been a lot of fun. I expect that we'll try other Sims games in the future.

Dell E197FP 19-inch Flat Panel Monitor
Dell E197FP 19-inch Flat Panel Monitor
6 used & new from $68.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Long-Lasting Monitor, October 6, 2014
This monitor has stood the test of time. It's basically been on since 2008. ;) It's my main computer monitor, and I leave it running. It's still just as bright, clear, and reliable as ever, with a power light that's not too big, bright, or distracting and the ability to tilt to any needed angle. A great purchase. I'm looking to upgrade to a larger size, but it's hard to give this one up.

MHOC Womens Fleece Lined Leggings High Waisted Thick Spandex Opaque Tights
MHOC Womens Fleece Lined Leggings High Waisted Thick Spandex Opaque Tights
Offered by My House Of Chic
Price: $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Warm Leggings, October 5, 2014
I tried these on a slightly cool night and wound up needing to change out of them because they were too warm! I'm thrilled because I know that means they'll be great for winter.

They arrived with a strong chemical smell and it said to hand wash only. Well... that's not going to happen. I put them through the wash (cold, normal cycle), hung to dry, and hoped for the best. They came out just fine.

They fit great-- I'm 5'4" and usually wear about a size 6. I like the compression top-- it doesn't slim me down much, but it keeps me warmer and assures my underear won't peek out the back.

Even though they're fleece-lined, they're still not completely free of panty lines, but close enough that I'm not going to worry about it when I wear these with a long sweater or shirt.

I received these for review.

Decorative Topical Square Wood/Rattan Vase (1841) - 18" tall x 10" x 10"
Decorative Topical Square Wood/Rattan Vase (1841) - 18" tall x 10" x 10"

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-Made Vase, October 5, 2014
Nice, sturdy vase. The rattan is a little darker and much more uniformly colored in person than it appears on my screen, but it's nice either way. It was well-packed with tons of bubble wrap and made it here undamaged. Displays much nicer on an angle (like in the picture) than head-on. Works for the tall artificial plant I intended it for.

Black Flag Fly Paper Insect Trap
Black Flag Fly Paper Insect Trap
Price: $2.47
4 used & new from $2.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless for Fruit Flies, October 5, 2014
Sticky mess that didn't help my fruit fly problem at all. I moved it around to various places, as annoying as that was, and in two weeks, it caught ONE fruit fly. (I had hundreds.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20