Profile for Andrea V. Paradiso > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrea V. Paradiso "andrea" RSS Feed (Ambridge, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tenderness
Tenderness
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather long and often tedious dialogue/actions between the two protagonists, October 26, 2014
This review is from: Tenderness (Amazon Instant Video)
Rather long and often tedious dialogue/actions between the two protagonists. In my opinion, the problem is not in their acting, which is fine for both these young actors. But I think the script bogged down in too many parts and we just get taken around and around too many times. I love Crowe and he played his part as consummately as always. But I feel a lack of depth somehow, from actors and the entire movie as a whole. Perhaps, it's just too sad for me to watch it and so my opinion is biased by my emotional reaction.

Shall We Dance?
Shall We Dance?
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars so the dusky Tango scene is probably my very favorite favorite. But there are so very many, October 26, 2014
How many tomes have I seen this? Probably twenty? That says it all! I'm from Buenos Aires, so the dusky Tango scene is probably my very favorite favorite. But there are so very many! Tucci is way beyond amazing, especially when...never mind, you'll have to watch it to find out! The entire cast and script is most lovely. But how they all love to dance...each in his/her very own style...THAT is what the movie is all about! Check out the original Japanese version because it will give you deep insights into the role of men in that particular culture, what society dictates is their role and how one man unwittingly begins his journey to change it. Both movies are true jewels! Love, love, love Gere and he needs to do more comedies, too, because he is superb!

Love in Limbo
Love in Limbo
DVD ~ Aden Young
13 used & new from $24.94

5.0 out of 5 stars this is so charming and ribald and funny and sweet all wrapped together ending in a happily-ever-after ..., October 26, 2014
This review is from: Love in Limbo (DVD)
Oh, this is so charming and ribald and funny and sweet all wrapped together ending in a happily-ever-after sort of ending just like we all know it would! I adore Russell Crowe and cannot help myself to giggle saying it with the same sort of funny giggle he giggles...he, he, he. The cast is super, the script is super and Crowe is super! But he NEEDS to do more comedies! C'mon, Man...I LOVE to see you smile!

You Can Thank Me Later
You Can Thank Me Later
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a drama, not a comedy but a perfect blend of both...as Life usually is., August 21, 2014
Absolutely astounding movie...theater on film at it's best. The amazing Amanda Plummer outshines herself, Ellen Burstyn, Mark Blum...the entire ensemble cast is a sheer pleasure to watch.

Families and their inheritances. The burdens we bear for our children and our parents' parents. Painful subjects played with humor, humor borders on tragedy, tragedy gives way to laughter. About how we torture those we love because we love them, are afraid for them and are afraid of them. How we torture those who have tortured us because they love us, have hurt us and are afraid of us and we want so desperately to have their love and so we torture them because they are not capable of giving it. So it goes, on and on.

Yet, in the end, it is Love that relentlessly tips the scales.

Singin' in the Rain
Singin' in the Rain
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost track of how many times I've seen this one., April 6, 2014
This slice of Hollywood has everything in it! Laughs, love, adventure, kookiness! A priceless classic with moments indelibly impressed into my memory banks. But of all the scenes and songs, I think it has to be Donald O'Connor's unrivaled "Make Them Laugh" that sends me into orbit every time I see it. I know the songs by heart, and the dialogue as well...it only goes to show you.

A Good Year
A Good Year

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lovely, lovely!, April 6, 2014
This review is from: A Good Year (Amazon Instant Video)
Another of my Russell Crowe Month Fest Favorites. Love to see him do comedies. Wish he would do more...he is always such a good laugh! Maxi, an investment broker, does his very best to have you hate him, but fails miserable at most every turn. A stuffed shirt rich guy playboy whose Life Motto is "Winning isn't everything...it's the only thing" learns the hard way that it is only when you surrender The Game that you win more than you could ever imagine. Love his high brow British accent and that, very often when wearing glasses, he reminds me of Elton John...of all people! The cinematography is priceless, the color palette exquisite, and Crowe in a tailored blue suit to die for...although the cropped jeans don't do much for his looks. And then there's Albert Finney! One of my top all time favorites...in a priceless role as uncle. Come a long way from when I first saw him in "Tom Jones", but every bit as rascally. Sit back and enjoy with a glass or two of your very favorite wine and someone you can't live without.

The Quick And The Dead
The Quick And The Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of my Russell Crowe Month Fest, April 6, 2014
What can I say? If you want nitty gritty western action that packs a lot of heavyweight acting wallop, this is a doozy. Sharon Stone is awesome as the protagonist of this tale...a tough, lonely, sharpshooter seeking vengeance. The mystery of why is left til the very end. Crowe is both somber and stunning (in more ways than one) in his portrayal of a gunfighter/outlaw gone straight by taking up a preacher's collar. A very young and tender Leonardo DiCaprio is an up-and-coming fastest gun in the West, trying incredibly hard to win the respect of a dyed-in-the-wool sadist whom he has determined is his father. And Gene Hackman....well, no one on Earth can do a sadist like Gene Hackman, he can turn your stomach on a dime. The tension is high thru out, the cinematography is dusty, dirty and raw. And Russell Crowe can handle a gun like nobody's business. What more can a girl want on a Saturday night?

One Sofresh Flossing Toothbrush Soft Full Size Assorted Colors
One Sofresh Flossing Toothbrush Soft Full Size Assorted Colors
Offered by Nature Complex
Price: $6.50
6 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A staple in my home, April 6, 2014
Have been using this toothbrush for years. Wasn't available anymore were I had been used to buying it. I rather panicked and then thought of Amazon....who, as usual, quickly came to the rescue! This is the best toothbrush I have ever used and I hope they never stop making it. The flossing action is very gentle, the soft brush doesn't irritate or inflame sensitive gums. Very economical, as well.

I Want To Know What Love Is (Album Version remastered)
I Want To Know What Love Is (Album Version remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my very top favorites, April 6, 2014
The title says it all. Just opens my heart and brings me to tears every time I hear it. Beautiful sound! I can play it over and over without getting tired of it one bit.

Auromere Herbal Toothpaste, Original Licorice, 4.16-Ounces (Pack of 4)
Auromere Herbal Toothpaste, Original Licorice, 4.16-Ounces (Pack of 4)
Offered by OxKom
Price: $17.50
14 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for years and years and years!, January 21, 2014
Don't know how long it's been that I've used this product. I was able to get it locally until recently but when I couldn't I was thrilled to find that Amazon carried it. the licorice/fennel taste is wonderful and all the ingredients, being ayurvedic, are totally pure. Cleans well, rinses easily and leaves no residue. Other flavors are available if licorice/fennel is not a favorite but as for me, I also love the sublte taste it leaves in my mouth.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4