Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Robyn Heirtzler > Reviews

Browse

Robyn Heirtzler's Profile

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robyn Heirtzler RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.23

5.0 out of 5 stars It was really good!, May 16, 2014
I liked the way Ishmael wrote his life story. His life is so different from mind that it was very interesting to read about. I liked knowing that I was reading about real emotions, and something that actually happened. This book helped me realize that not everywhere is perfect, and no one has the best life. There are people who have really tough lives. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Every Day
Every Day
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK..., April 22, 2014
This review is from: Every Day (Kindle Edition)
The idea was fabulous. The writing techniques were good. The way Levithan took the idea and mixed beliefs and storyline to it, almost ruined it. The beginning and ending were great, but I didn't like the middle-section of the book. There were lots of inappropriate scenes that happened. I don't like romance very much to begin with, but it really seemed like the dude in the book was totally and unrealistically obsessed. I really didn't like how sometimes he was a girl and sometimes he was a boy. David Levithan is clearly a supporter of homosexuality, which dampened the experience for me, because I don't believe in that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 9:58 AM PDT

Rot & Ruin
Rot & Ruin
by Jonathan Maberry
Price: $7.96
150 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was great, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Rot & Ruin (Paperback)
I loved how the story developed and unraveled. The plot was thrilling and exciting, switching from slashing the undead to meaningful scenes that played out between the brothers.
The characters had very real emotions, and actions. The story would not be as good if it had been written with any other characters.
The characters developed throughout the story, making it more real for the reader. I'd recommend this to anyone who's got a heart and likes a little gore.

Scarlet
Scarlet
by Marissa Meyer
Price: $11.27
89 used & new from $2.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but cheesy, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Scarlet (Hardcover)
Scarlet was a good book with interesting characters and lots of action. I expected it to begin where Cinder left off but it started with a completely different story. It was a bit slowish in the beginning.

I liked the wolf-man. He was a convincing character who proved to have feelings beyond what he was programmed. Scarlet's character was not completely realistic to me. She was too willing to let the wolf-man in.

I liked the way the two stories wove together and finally connected, although some of the story line was cheesy.

I liked this book. It was decent. I am interested in reading book three, and hope it picks up the same intensity Cinder began with.

Pandemonium (Delirium Trilogy)
Pandemonium (Delirium Trilogy)
by Lauren Oliver
Price: $7.51
133 used & new from $0.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read!, February 22, 2013
I read this in under a day and thoroughly enjoyed it! I appreciate how the author made Lena upset but not so pathetic that we lose sympathy for her. I enjoyed the growth and change of the characters and even enjoyed the way the novel switched from then to now, though I was hesitant about it in the beginning.
A great read and so far I recommend this series!

Enclave (The Razorland Trilogy)
Enclave (The Razorland Trilogy)
by Ann Aguirre
Price: $6.28
99 used & new from $0.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Started great but Got Bored with Characters, February 22, 2013
The characters started out fabulous but they quickly stopped progressing. That's my biggest complaint about novels, when the characters don't grow and change. It got too monotonous and I had to force myself to finish the novel. I loved the idea and the plot, but ... could have been better.

Delirium (Delirium Trilogy)
Delirium (Delirium Trilogy)
by Lauren Oliver
Price: $8.58
238 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great novel and Intriguing Characters, February 22, 2013
I love when I can get lost in a novel like this. I enjoyed the characters and their challenges. I also love when characters grow and develop within a story!

Draw a Stickman: EPIC Free
Draw a Stickman: EPIC Free
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a very creative game., November 24, 2012
This review is from: Draw a Stickman: EPIC Free (App)
This game allows us to be creative, and think about our next move carefully. I'm sure it would be more fun with all of the levels, but it's a great game that makes you think.

Partials (Partials Sequence Book 1)
Partials (Partials Sequence Book 1)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow to start but picks up great momentum!, October 23, 2012
The cover to this novel intrigued me the first time I saw it and I've wanted to read it ever since, but had to keep putting it off as I was finishing my own novel and didn't want to read anything that may interfere or influence my current writing.

With the first of my One United trilogy out of the way, inDIVISIBLE I decided it was time. I downloaded Dan Wells' Partials and began reading.

I wanted to love this book, but the beginning kept bogging me down ... I set it aside repeatedly before I decided to push through. I'm glad I did. I felt like it really picked up at 30% through ... I actually checked my Kindle to see where I got hooked. I'm like that.

At that point, I could no longer put Partials down. I was finally intrigued by the characters, the action and the world they lived in.

I became engrossed in the descriptions, the story and the characters, so engrossed I could hardly put it down.

Partials is an interesting dystopian, in which the world has nearly come to an end through war and pandemics. The effects of which leave the people unable to keep babies alive after they're born. Faced with the possibility of extinction, the officials take drastic measures ... I cursed those officials more than once.

Overall, I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys dystopia. It hooked me enough to look forward to book two, Fragments.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 3)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 3)
Offered by Scholastic Trade Publisher
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novel but a little "emotional" for me, October 2, 2012
Okay, I enjoyed this book but was frustrated with the lack of conviction about ... anything ... on Katniss's part. She seemed so withdrawn throughout the novel, and while I can understand she was in pain, I would have preferred more resolve and some effort for her to be better on her own without everyone pushing her all the time.

I was really getting frustrated toward the end at how lenient she seemed to have gotten, but felt a little more redeemed than I thought I would by the events. What I had hoped would happen, finally happened and the story wrapped up nicely and believably, after an eternally long time, once again, in depression and misery.

Overall I enjoyed the series but had hoped Katniss would pull out a bit more of her own conviction and strength.

inDIVISIBLE