Profile for Gadgester > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1660

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gadgester "No Time, No Money" RSS Feed (Mother Earth)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bissell 1252 Symphony Hard Floor Vacuum and Steam Mop Pad Kit
Bissell 1252 Symphony Hard Floor Vacuum and Steam Mop Pad Kit
Price: $19.60
10 used & new from $16.68

4.0 out of 5 stars High-quality pads specifically for Bissell's steam vacuums, November 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a set of replacement mop pads for Bissell's Symphony line of steam vacuums. One pad is for wood flooring and the other for scrubbing scrubbale flooring. Both feature coating that fights micro organisms that cause bad odor.

These are high-quality mop pads and work well on the designated steam mop vacuums. I do wish the price were lower. These pads get dirty easily (obviously!) and I don't find them easy to wash. I understand companies often look to such refills for high-margin profits. But I was hoping to be able buy a bunch of the wood floor pads at cheap.

Star Wars Command Star Destroyer Set
Star Wars Command Star Destroyer Set
Price: $33.28
57 used & new from $26.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea for fun but poor design and/or build, November 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This set has a good idea as it can launch up to 4 balls with a grip remote control. It can also dash forward and back. It's actually fun.

But there is one not-insignificant issues: the two wings come off easily, especially during a launch. At first I thought I hadn't put the toy together right, but time after time the wings would just pop off and I have put them back over a dozen times. This is a problem with the design and manufacturing. It takes away the fun from the toy.

Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $18.14
3 used & new from $18.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good contour pillow, if you like the firm type, October 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have neck, shoulder and back pains, so I'm a bit on the picky side when it comes to pillows. (I also suffer from insomnia.) I find this contour pillow just right for my comfort. It's on the firm side, so my spouse, who prefers soft pillows, doesn't like it as much. For me, it offers adequate support all night long. The memory foam appears to help the pillow to my sleep postures. I actually put the pillow, which has a washable cover, in a cotton case because i often swear profusely. This doesn't appear to cause any problems.

Dorel Asia Captain's Chair, Taupe
Dorel Asia Captain's Chair, Taupe
Price: $138.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable to sit in, good to look at, compact yet perfect useful, October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This chair is a bit smaller than I was expecting, but it has a solid build quality and is very comfortable to sit in. I actually use it in front of my office desk in lieu of old swivel office chair, and it works great and looks good in my study , marching my expensive desk well. There are no arm rests so some may find this deficient, although I'm fine with this. The back and seat are neither too hard not too soft, and the fabric feels good to the touch.

The overall build is solid, although upon unpacking I did find a couple of loose threads sticking out conspicuously. Hence I rate this 4 stars. But for the price and especially with Amazon.com's free shipping , I can totally recommend this to anyone who needs a compact cushioned chair without arm rests.

Howard Elliott 540-224 Milan Bella Puff Chair, Sand
Howard Elliott 540-224 Milan Bella Puff Chair, Sand
Price: $347.69
4 used & new from $340.28

5.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable chair for those who treasure relaxation, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a comfortable "lazy" chair. It is not a recliner, instead it has a fabric cover-cum-cushion that slips over the assembled arms and legs. It's quite big when assembled. The fabric feels very high quality and comfortable. The overall angle is great for relaxing and dozing off, best with a soft foot stool (not included). My kids and I have found this chair a great way to relax in.

Assembly is quite straightforward. But here I found a slight issue: the screws are a bit too short to feel secure, and the screw holes don't all line up perfectly. It took me alone less than 10 minutes to put together a chair. Slipping in the cover does take some effort, and I recommend you do so with help if you're not the strong type.

Is the chair worth the premium price? It's difficult to say. It's high quality and serves its purpose perfectly as a comfortable chair, so if you place value on a solid sitting experience while you read, watch TV, surf on the iPad or just relax, this may be a good buy.

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 Display) Clear
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 Display) Clear
Price: $19.65
17 used & new from $13.88

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality case, clear version showcases your beautiful iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, let me mention that this case doesn't have a cover to protect the screen of your beautiful iPhone 6. A screen protector film is included but it does feel on the cheap side. In any case (no pun intended!), though, I already have a tempered glass screen protector. If you want to seriously protect the iPhone's screen (even though it's Gorilla Glass), you need the folio version of this case.

What I like the most about this case is its clear color. It gives me protection and the opportunity to show off my gold iPhone 6. Alas, it seems every other person has the gold cplot version as opposed to black or silver. Nonetheless I find the gold metal body irresistibly attractive, and the clear version of this case allows me to enjoy that feeling of "high class." (Man, i wish I had enough spare money to get a gold Apple Watch.)

Slipping on the case is very easy with this case due to its flexibility. This also means it's not a hard case, even for plastic. It's very light in weight, a surprising fact for me since given its claimed "military-grade peotection" I had been expecting a brick-like case. All the ports are easily accessible. The power button and volume rocker are covered, but the mute/rotation lock button is not.

I really don't know how much protection this case provides my iPhone 6. It is well built, better than a protective case I got for my iPad mini but of a different brand. OTOH I dont want to try out its effectiveness by dropping my iPhone 6. I just have to believe what the manufacturer claims, especially given its popularity and reputation.

I hope UAG comes out with a clear folio case, which then would be the perfect case for my iPhones.

Safety 1st Perfect Fit Gate
Safety 1st Perfect Fit Gate
Price: $49.64
11 used & new from $39.57

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a perfect low safety gate for family with kids, October 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a perfect low safety gate for family with kids. The height is a little over two feet, so if you have a cat or dog you may need to discourage it from jumping over, but otherwise this gate works well to keep them out of areas you don't want them to go into. In a hallway or at bottom of stairs you have the option to pressure-mount the gate just double-check the gate fits when extended and also your wall or banister can be used for pressure mounting safely.

If used at top of stairs, hardware screw mounting is a must for safety reasons. (If you just want to keep a pet out, maybe it's okay to pressure-mount here, too.) this means drilling holes.

The extended part of the gate is easy to operate even when single-handed. The gate feels solid in build quality. I have had positive experience with this brand for many years , so I feel I can recommend this gate again.

Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set: Two WeMo Smart Light Bulbs and WeMo Link to Control Multiple WeMo Bulbs from Anywhere, Wi-Fi Enabled (F5Z0489)
Price: $99.99
10 used & new from $90.99

1.0 out of 5 stars App cannot find the bulbs, October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was excited to be able to receive this from Amazon Vine for review. But I just couldn't get it to work, period. The latest version of the WeMo app downloaded from the App Store simply could not find either of the two bulbs. The app would either look forever or freeze. In addition, the link unit turned itself off frequently; even when on, it would blink non-stop until I unplugged it - all this after the app told me the link had been set up properly. The app got a low rating on the App Store. Now i understand why.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 1:08 PM PDT

Air Oasis MBL175B Mobile Surface and Air Sanitizer 175 Sq Ft Coverage (Black)
Air Oasis MBL175B Mobile Surface and Air Sanitizer 175 Sq Ft Coverage (Black)
Price: $180.50
5 used & new from $160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective air cleaner for small space, October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an ionizing air purifier for small space. They key word here is small. Such as inside an enclosed vehicle or small bathroom.

An ionizing air purifier cleans the air and bad odors by releasing free ions into the air. The purified air has a slight metallic smell to it at the air outlet, but as far as my experience goes this is normal. (Whether it's safe in the long term, that I haven't been able to find out).

This small unit comes with an AC adapter for home use and also a car 12V adapter for vehicle use. It has a small fan which has three settings. The ionizer also has three settings. There is no separate power switch.

The fan is quiet at the low setting, tolerable at the medium setting, and can be drowned out at the high setting if you have your stereo on. The works best at getting rid of smoke particles and moldy odor. It works in a small bathroom against toilet odors as well. It's not too effective for general bad odor like rotten foods or smelly feet in a car. But it does make my daily commute feel cleaner, a welcome experience when I sit in parking-lot traffic.

Matchbox Mission: Undersea Squid Sub Playset
Matchbox Mission: Undersea Squid Sub Playset
Price: $6.09
43 used & new from $6.09

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best water toys I have seen, September 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a super-fun bath/pool toy. The toy sub looks really well built with good details. It's also easy for kids to hold. It can submerge with the tank filled or float with the tank drained. A tetherd claw captures the included squid squeeze toy or many other small bath toys. A water-safe diecast car is included, although this last item does look and feel cheap.

This toy is fun for kids from 3 to 10. And it can educate the young minds about how subs work. I happen to have bought a picture book on submarines a fee months ago, so my kids love reading the book and then playing with this little toy at bath time. I'm definitely buying at least another one. Makes a great birthday gift, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20