Profile for Gadgester > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1639

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gadgester "No Time, No Money" RSS Feed (Mother Earth)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chummie Elite Bedwetting Alarm with 5 Tones, Vibration and One Drop Detection Technology, Green
Offered by Theos Medical Systems
Price: $79.95
2 used & new from $79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensive flexible sensor, but may not be comfortable to wear, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This bedwetting warning system consists of two pieces: A flexible plastic sensor unit which you tape to the outside of the child's underwear (obviously where the pee comes out), and a chubby alarm unit that your child must wear on the night shirt. The two pieces are connected by a electrical cord that measures about 3 ft. This is NOT a wireless system.

While the alarm unit is not heavy, it's thick and does require 2 alkaline batteries. The cord and the alarm unit may not be comfortable for your kid. This is unfortunately the case with my son. He hates wearing the alarm unit. He does have sensitive skin so he find it hard to fall asleep wearing the alarm. The cord also makes him feel uncomfortable because he likes to sleep on his sides. Your child may not object to this setup, though.

If your child can tolerate this system, it should work well in waking him or her up when urine comes out and into contact with the censor. The manual says if the system helps your child stay dry for 14 days in a row, you can discontinue using it. I tested the censors by simulating urine on underwear and it did set off the alarm. The alarm has different tones so your child doesn't get used to one tone and fall back asleep when awakened. The idea is he/she wakes up to the alarm and over time conditions him to associating bedwetting with being woken up by an alarm.

Transformers Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee Figure
Transformers Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee Figure
Price: $29.99
13 used & new from $24.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity takes away magic and play value, September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like many, I've been a Transformers fan all my life, and my kids are the same. This Bumblebee features a "one-step flip" design where it transforms from robot to car via raising and flipping the right leg. Going the other way is also easy, although the two tabs that release the locking mechanism is poorly constructed and often require extra effort.

What the simplicity in the design takes away is the whole magical experience of hiding away all those body parts in order to transform, the very essence of Transformers. Also, this new design makes the two legs complete useless in robot mode, and you can't even turn or bend them. Bumblebee's head looks unusually small due to the new placement. In the end, there just isn't too much replay value, especially in the robot mode, despite the presence of a largely gimmicky disc-shooting hand.

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 24 Mega Roll (6 packs of 4 Mega Rolls)
Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 24 Mega Roll (6 packs of 4 Mega Rolls)
Price: $34.79
5 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge, jumbo rolls with high-quality paper, August 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first time I'm using Charmin's bath tissue (aka toilet paper). I noticed three things to the paper i buy at Costco, Sam's Club and my local supermarket.

First, the rolls are the biggest I have seen. They are big because they include a lot of sheets and also because each ply seems thicker than other brands.

Two, the thicker ply does seem to be accompanied by the higher-than-usual quality if the paper itself. I've noticed that the paper doesn't tear as easily as the brands I'm accustomed to, which is a very welcome change.

Third, the paper is smooth on its surface. Now, while I like this smoothness, my spouse doesn't. So this aspect is a matter of individual taste.

Help Your Kids with Computer Coding
Help Your Kids with Computer Coding
by DK Publishing
Price: $14.38
51 used & new from $10.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be a little clearer in presentation, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book, published by a UK or India-based publisher, presents some programming concepts for kids. It's not really for parents but rather for kids themselves to read and follow along. Two programming environments are introduced: MIT's difficult-to-use Scratch (definitely NOT forbkindergarteners) and the popular adult language Python.

Some concepts are introduced and the kids get 3 snall projects for Scratch and 4 for Python. Either because the programs have updates since publication or the authors were being careless, there are steps that simply don't work. The way the concepts are presented could use better organization and explanation.

I would say this book is for kids at least 11 years old, i.e., in 6th grade or higher.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2014 1:28 AM PDT

DII 100-percent Cotton, Oversized Basic Everyday 20x 20" Napkin, Set of 6, Nautical Blue
Price: $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cloth napkins, August 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very nice, quality fabric napkins, much like what you'd find at a five-star restaurant. Out of the packaging, they didn't smell bad like some new fabrics, which was a relief for me. They felt soft yet solid, and looked classy. I washed the napkins in cold water and detergent and didn't observe color coming off. Definitely a nice set IMHO.

Fekkai Essential Shea Conditioner 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Essential Shea Conditioner 8 Fl Oz
Price: $17.99
22 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality conditioner, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this along with their apple cider shampoo. The conditioner feels good when applied and smells good, too. It seems to go well with the shampoo. One thing that holds me back is whether I can use this daily or only weekly as with the shampoo. The price also seems a little high.

Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo 8 Fl Oz, 8.000-Fluid Ounce
Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo 8 Fl Oz, 8.000-Fluid Ounce
Price: $18.66
18 used & new from $13.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Can help damaged hair, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's funny how the more "advanced" chemicals the society produces to help us clean our hair, the worse our hair becomes, and then requires more products to repair the damage. Just saying...

This Fekkai shampoo is recommended by the maker to use as a weekend clarifier for damaged hair. I don't know what happens if you use it daily; might be too harsh for daily use? It smells good and does make my hair feel smoother and more natural after use. I also have a conditioner from the same company and that seems to go well with this shampoo.

Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop
Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop
Price: $198.96
3 used & new from $189.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile vacuum that can also steam-mop at the same time, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I bought my house, I was worried about cleaning the hardwood floor. I can't afford a cleaning professional, so I ended up being careful not to make the floor dirty, e.g., no outside shoes on the floor. Still, after a couple of years of living here, the floor has developed a few dirty spots from dried milk, dead cockroaches, spilled beans, etc.

For a lazy person like myself, this Bissell hardwood vacuum and steam mop machine is a godsend. According to Bissell, this is the only machine that can vacuum and steam-mop at the same time. It has three modes: vacuum only, steam-mop only and both. In the steam modes, you can set it to high steam or low steam (the latter for hardwood floors). All it takes is some tap water. It just can't get simpler than that.

Well, the first time I used it, it did seem a little difficult to operate, in terms of getting it across the floor and actually covering the areas I wanted it to cover. In other words, it took a little getting used to, with steam coming out of the bottom. I did two passes the first time. Afterwards, the floor did feel and look a little cleaner.

The Symphony uses a fiber cloth pad which can be easily removed and washed. I'm lazy so I haven't done that yet, but it's good to know it's not one of those use-once-and-throw-away mop pads: good for my wallet, good for the environment. The mop pads, once cleaned, are easy to put back on thanks to an ingenious releaseable pad holder. One area Bissell can improve is the stream trigger has little tactile feedback, which makes it hard to tell if it's pressed or not, especially at night.

This is a high-quality floor mop and vacuum I can recommend to my friends.

Epson LabelWorks LW-600P App-enabled, Portable Label Printer with Bonus 1" (24mm) Tape Cartridge
Price: $109.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile label printer for iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, and more, August 3, 2014
Length:: 0:28 Mins

The accompanying video clip shows me printing a QR code label (for [...]) using the Epson iLabel app, a free download from the App Store. The app is what makes the label printer a pleasure to use. You can use it to create and print labels for your own text (even handwriting!), QR codes, UPC bar codes, and date and time. In the video I'm printing from my iPad mini, so it gives you a sense of how big/small the LW-600P is.

The label printer can be connected via either Bluetooth or USB; you'll need a USB cable with a Type A connector (the type for USB printers) to go the latter route. USB pairing with my iPad mini was fast and smooth, something not to be said with all the BT devices I've tried. When you open the side door to expose the label cartridge slot, the power shuts off automatically. This makes perfect sense, although it did throw me off for a second when, earlier, I tried to video the inside of the cartridge compartment and then later the printer wouldn't print because it had shut off.

The printer takes labels of various widths. This is my second Epson label printer and their tape cartridges are inexpensive and have a slit on the paper backing for the tape which make it really easy to expose the adhesive side. You do need to specify the width of your tape in the app; I wish it had been automatic. Maybe they can upgrade this in the future.

Printing labels can't be easier than this, as long as you don't require a built-in keyboard. You can print the iOS app or from a PC or Mac with free software.

Watch Dogs - Playstation 3
Watch Dogs - Playstation 3
Price: $39.69
96 used & new from $22.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun missions in Chicago, but really boring storyline, August 3, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried to like Watch Dogs, as I had been waiting for its release and a chance to "trash" an open-world Chicago. I've been playing it over the last 5 weeks. It has a GTA feel to it which is probably a deliberate design decision by Unisoft. But the protagonist Aiden, is truly as bland as a game protagonist comes.

Herein lies the main problem, the reason why even though the missions are fun and the side quests add to the fun factor, overall the game feels souless and devoid of excitement. Of course, I'm an "old" gamer. My son finds the game a lot of fun and excitement, because he had never played a game like this before. He likes the environment hacks. I, on the other hand, was looking for more in the storyline and nothing sensical is there. I want games to be more theatrical, I guess, so my expectations aren't met here. Again, for many gamers this game can be a fun outing, fighting and exploring around a virtual Chicago. It really depends on what you're looking for. But really, once you've done, there seems little reason to replay it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20