Profile for RS in SF > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RS in SF RSS Feed

SYDNEY TRAVELS TO MILAN: A Guide for Kids - Let's Go to Italy Series!
SYDNEY TRAVELS TO MILAN: A Guide for Kids - Let's Go to Italy Series!
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kid's Guide to Milan, July 6, 2014
This fun, well-written book served as a perfect guide during a recent trip to Milan, making the city accessible and interesting to our youngster. As a frequent traveler to Milan, I learned a fact or two myself, doubling the fun of the book. I highly recommend it.

Not For Parents Paris: Everything you ever wanted to know (Lonely Planet Not for Parents)
by Klay Lamprell
Price: $11.49
58 used & new from $4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps to Make Paris Accessible and Interesting for 8-Year-Old, July 6, 2014
During a recent trip to Paris, this book served as perfect companion to Mission Paris: A Scavenger Hunt Adventure for Kids, which I highly recommend. My 8-year old didn't let me give this book a close read -- because it's "not for parents"! -- but she clearly loved it and recited facts from it all trip long. I highly recommend it.

Mission Paris: A Scavenger Hunt Adventure (For Kids)
Mission Paris: A Scavenger Hunt Adventure (For Kids)
by Catherine Aragon
Price: $9.63
3 used & new from $9.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book for Youngster Discovering Paris, July 6, 2014
I highly recommend this book for any parent looking for a fun way to engage their youngster in discovering the wonders of Paris. Clever and well-written, this book became our guide to a recent stay in Paris. Book in hand, our 8-year-old set the pace, diligently making her way through the scavenger hunt, sweeping us grown-ups into the excitement of it all. The book rendered the city and its many monuments and attractions accessible and understandable to our daughter; and, the book turned out to be equally fun for the adults, giving us a new "take" on Paris. I highly recommend it. The Lonely Planet "Not for Parents Paris," which our daughter also devoured, served as a great companion. This book would be appealing for a wide range of ages.

YESOO (White) Smart View Flip Cover With Magnetic flap closure Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 S IV SIV S 4 Iv Gt-i9500 With Aluminum Touch Pen And Silicone Key Chain (Compatible Model: AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular)
Offered by YESOO
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, March 13, 2014
I've gone through 3 different cases for my S4, and this is by far the best. Very well constructed and sturdy; I love the magnetic clasp, as well as the stylus that comes with it (which attaches to the phone through the headset jack). Looks great, too. I would highly recommend it. I have no idea why other brands sell cases for 4x the price.

The Migraine Brain: Your Breakthrough Guide to Fewer Headaches, Better Health
The Migraine Brain: Your Breakthrough Guide to Fewer Headaches, Better Health
by Carolyn Bernstein
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing, Supportive, and Informative Book, December 2, 2008
As a long-time migraine sufferer, I would highly recommend this book. Some of the book treads on basic ground, but the author's manner of talking about migraines & her emphasis on the fact that it's a "whole body" phenomenon is very refreshing. And, it's not one of those hokey, useless books that tries to tell you, "Do x, and your migraines will disappear" (ha! Oh, if I had a penny for every book that purports to give a silver bullet to us migraine sufferers....!!). The book emphasizes the need for a holistic (that is, comprehensive) approach to migraine management -- what we can do to support our overall health in order to mitigate or lessen the impact of migraines on our lives -- and offers some practical strategies for living with migraines (e.g., how to increase your family's understanding of the disease and how it affects our functioning). And, I found her review of various therapies (medical and "alternative") very instructive. It's a well-researched, solid book from a highly-credentialied physician, and I would highly recommend it. Also, the author is a migraine sufferer, so she "gets it."

Act! By Sage 2007 [Version 9]
Act! By Sage 2007 [Version 9]
17 used & new from $22.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined A Good Product, May 12, 2007
Stay away from this software. I was a loyal and happy ACT customer for 8 years until I upgraded to this version, so I'm really sad to say that this version is a total nightmare. I've experienced tremendous problems, including being locked out of my database altogether. This software also glitched up my computer and basically brought the entire thing down at one point. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a super-techie husband, I never would have been able to retrieve my data or get things running (hobbling) again. Tech support is entirely WORTHLESS!!! Sorry, but find another product. I feel like I have no choice but to start searching other contact managers now. Bummer!!!!