Profile for Beth Tiger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beth Tiger "Beth Tiger" RSS Feed (NJ)

This is No Ordinary Joy: How the Courage of Survivors Transformed My Life
This is No Ordinary Joy: How the Courage of Survivors Transformed My Life
by Sarah Symons
Price: $9.89
4 used & new from $7.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and courageous!, September 10, 2013
I was introduced to Made by Survivors through a very dear friend. I own a little shop that only sells handmade and or fair trade products. I began ordering the jewelry created by survivors that MBS supports & found it the pieces were beautifully crafted and a hit with my clients. I was hooked, I loved their products and wanted to know more. My girlfriend went to India this spring with MBS and her life and my families life was transformed by what she shared with us regarding her experience, we were deeply moved by the stories she shared & wanted to get involved. OUr family wanted to support these incredible people - but how? We have since come up with a plan and are working hard to offer our support to Sarah and her team.

I thought I understood Sarah's story however, until I read her book, I knew only a portion of all she endured, the courage it took to create this organization and the LOVE that has built it to what it is today. I truly had no idea the amount of tenacity, humility, GRACE, humor, fearlessness and love it has taken her, her family and team to have come this far. I loved this book, it made me cry, laugh, question society and my faith but most of all if offered my hope. This is a must read and I assure you that your perspective will never be the same once you do.

The Ballad of Tam Lin (Legends of the Divine Feminine Book 1)
The Ballad of Tam Lin (Legends of the Divine Feminine Book 1)
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic tale from a women's point of view, February 4, 2013
After reading this beautiful re-telling of The Ballad of Tam Lin, all I can say is.... MORE please! Being a novella, the story is short but rich with fantastic writing and the author's passion and extensive research for this very old tale. Once again, Ms. McGowan takes an age old story of the maligned women and offers her reader's a new & balanced perspective. Since this is only the first in a new series, I look forward to the next installment in the Legends of the Divine Feminine.

I Am That Child: Changing Hearts and Changing the World
I Am That Child: Changing Hearts and Changing the World
by Elizabeth Geitz
Price: $14.62
47 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A call to action through grace, August 19, 2012
Elizabeth Geitz has written an inspirational "call to action". I purchased this book as I was intrigued to understand why Elizabeth would make this journey to Cameroon and what was her calling to continue to help Sister Jane with her ministry there. I devoured this beautifully written book (I prefer to call it a journal from the heart)in one sitting. It is a book that sheds light on the suffering of so many children in just one area on West Africa, at times while I read, I also wept. It is a book that examines how even the simplest expressions of love can change a life and most importantly for me, it proved that through love and fellowship, we really are all interconnected, that we are all stewards of one another. From Elizabeth's heart felt tale and Sister Jane's unending devotion to these children, I have been called to action personally. I feel excited that perhaps I too could make a difference in the lives of others as these amazing women have and continue to do. I highly recommend this book.
Beth Tiger
Author of Rising from the Ashes of Divorce.

Inspiring Butterflies: A 27-day Course of Self Discovery (with cards)
Inspiring Butterflies: A 27-day Course of Self Discovery (with cards)
by Marge Richards
Price: $35.63
25 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tool for personal growth, March 22, 2012
These beauitful cards have been a hit at my center. They are easy to use on a daily basis and I as well as my clients are really enjoying them. The art is lovely too.

The Poet Prince: A Novel (Magdalene Line)
The Poet Prince: A Novel (Magdalene Line)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Art will save the world! Fantastic read, March 22, 2012
I recently downloaded Poet Prince for my kindle. I read this book over a year ago when it was first released and enjoyed it very much. However, reading it a second time was even better! K. McGowan is a master story teller and woven into all of her stories are bits and pieces of historical research that get the reader really thinking about what is truth and what has been revised in the history books. a great book, I highly recommend.

The Source of Miracles: 7 Steps to Transforming Your Life Through the Lord's Prayer
by Kathleen McGowan
Price: $10.09
70 used & new from $2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING ~ PROFOUND, yet...simple, November 29, 2011
I read the Source of Miracles over a year ago and when I opened my Wellness Center I knew it was a book that needed to be shared with all my customers. We began our first book group with this read and each of the particpants loved the book so much that they requested we break down each petal per month. We are just finishing up the final petal (you will have to read the book to understand what i am talking about ; )for December and after November's sharing I found out that from this small book group, their have been over 30 copies of this book given to others from individual members. This is not a self help book, This is a tool for awakening what is already inside of you. I consider this a profound truth that K. McGowan breaks down for the reader in a simple, beautiful way. I think this is the perfect holiday gift.

The Ancient Alien Question: A New Inquiry Into the Existence, Evidence, and Influence of Ancient Visitors
by Philip Coppens
Price: $16.35
60 used & new from $11.53

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ancient Alien Question, November 29, 2011
After traveling through France this past summer I was intriqued by the notion that we may have had help from other beings throughout humanity. That perhaps some of our wisdom came from other sources. Since this is not something I am familiar with, I needed a book that was palpable, well written and not too one sided. I also wanted a book written by an author who had done his research. This book filled all my criteria and was an interesting read from start to finish. I own a Wellness Center and look forward to sharing this book with my clients.

Get off Your High Horse and Walk.: Rediscovering Authenticity in a new way.
Get off Your High Horse and Walk.: Rediscovering Authenticity in a new way.
by Slade Suiter
Price: $10.54
23 used & new from $8.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Get off Your High Horse & Walk, November 29, 2011
I own a wellness center in New Jersey & I am always on the look out for books that will enlighten, inspire & awaken my clients to their highest potential, their Life Well Lived. . With the myriad of "self help" books out their today, it is often so hard to find one that I am excited to share because of it's unique perspective but this is that book. The images within the book made me smile and I could feel the authors vulnerability, wisdom and honest voice throughout. I look forward to sharing for our book group and hope to see it on an e-reader format soon.