Profile for shaeflay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

shaeflay RSS Feed

Let's Go for a Drive! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
Let's Go for a Drive! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
by Mo Willems
Price: $8.89
84 used & new from $1.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Drivey-Drive Driiiive!, October 4, 2012
Most Elephant and Piggie book reviews are biased. Mo Willems has no shortage of fans when it comes to his series of children's books. So yes: I am a fan and I am biased.

"Let's Go for a Drive!" is the lastest E&P adventure, where we see Piggie and Gerald the Elephant doing some all important road trip preparation. The two pals spend most of the story going through their list in a happy-go-lucky-song-and-dance fashion, for example: "MAP!" "I have a map!" "Map! Map! Mappy-map-map!" and so on. The repetition and overall silliness of the two make this book (like any other Willems book) a great read aloud for story times as well as beginning readers. When children and adults are drawn in by the enthusiasm of the characters, it's hard NOT to enjoy reading this book. And to have kids be excited to read? Well, that's just awesome.

CoverON(TM) Flexi Gel SKin TPU Glove with PURPLE CHECKERED Design Soft Cover Case for LG VS840 LUCID 4G (VERIZON) / CAYMAN [WCE467]

5.0 out of 5 stars Snazzy little cover, September 25, 2012
I gave this LG Lucid soft cover case five stars because it's exactly worth what I paid for it. The color is exactly how it shows up in the picture and the design shows up well. Unlike some reviewers I had no problem with the cutouts on the case -- everything lines up perfectly. I don't know how long a case like this is supposed to last, but at least it keeps smudges from showing up on the back of the phone itself (the case shows the grime instead, hooray!).

Oh, No!
Oh, No!
by Candace Fleming
Price: $13.61
82 used & new from $1.08

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read-aloud!, September 24, 2012
This review is from: Oh, No! (Hardcover)
This book has everything going for it: a repetitive (but fun!) story and wonderful, bold illustrations. I knew "Oh, No!" would be a story time hit as soon as I read it for myself. The kids loved trying to imitate the quirky animal sounds and the dreaded "Ohhhhhh, no!" as I read along. Eric Rohmann's illustrations are absolutely gorgeous -- they are bold and charming enough to be easily seen from an entire room of children (they especially enjoyed pointing out parts of the tiger sticking out on each page).

Sympathy for the tiger or not, the story time families and I had a great time with this book!