ARRAY(0xa777ff48)

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mom and Scientist RSS Feed (Virginia Beach, VA)

Juno
Juno
DVD
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Juno (Amazon Instant Video)
I didn't love this movie. The characters and the storyline were somewhat unbelievable. I wouldn't watch this movie again or recommend it to anyone else.

Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me: The Top 25 Friendship Problems and How to Solve Them
by Michele Borba
Price: $12.01
170 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Oversimplified, April 1, 2011
I really regret having spent money on this book. Most of what is included in it is either common sense or not very helpful. For example, in the section on the child who is, "Left Out," the first bullet under "What Should I Do?" reads, "Teach Your child how to deal with rejection. If your child whines, cries, or pleads to be included, chances are she'll turn the group off. So suggest she try to maintain her dignity in of her pain." This book didn't add anything to my existing social skillset and did not allow me to help my child at all. Do not purchase this book if your child does not pick up on social clues easily and/or acts impulsively. Real life social situations with children do not allow the kind of time and focus needed for the approaches included in this book. Your child will need to be able to be 100% mindful of his/her behavior during all social interactions in order to make these approaches work and honestly, if my child were capable of that, I probably wouldn't have felt the need to purchase the book in the first place.

The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child: With No Pills, No Therapy, No Contest of Wills
by Alan E. Kazdin
Price: $20.24
130 used & new from $0.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, February 12, 2008
This is a wonderful, thoughtfully written book that has the potential to help many families, even those without children with behavioral problems. I have been using this method with my child for three weeks, and it is amazingly effective and easy to implement. I was relieved by Dr. Kazdin's message...you don't have to be harder on your kids to drastically improve their behavior.