Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for M. Woollen > Reviews

Browse

M. Woollen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Woollen RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Etekcity Digital Body Weight Scale with Step-On Technology, 400 Pounds, Black
Etekcity Digital Body Weight Scale with Step-On Technology, 400 Pounds, Black
Offered by Etekcity
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $18.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent results = not useful for daily tracking., July 7, 2016
It's small and attractive, but unfortunately, it's not useful as a scale. Depending on where I stand (half an inch in any direction) the displayed weight can vary by as much as 3 pounds - which isn't useful for daily weight tracking. If I get off and on again, even if I try to stand in the same place, I never get the same result.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2016 8:23 PM PDT

Sharp 43" Class LED 1080p Smart HDTV Roku TV
Sharp 43" Class LED 1080p Smart HDTV Roku TV
4 used & new from $417.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes complex input systems simple, looks great., May 20, 2016
We've had this TV for about three months now, and it's really great, and the built-in roku interface makes wrangling all the input sources so much simpler, in addition to being the best platform for all major streamnig services. Wifi reception is good. We replaced a 10-year old smaller TV and we already had a Roku box attached to it. Putting the Roku brains into the TV itself makes all the difference in the world. As for the TV itself, the picture is clear and sharp. Use optical out for the sound to direct all sound through our existing audio system. Setup was simple. Using an external antenna, and broadcast TV reception is intelligently handled as well. For using the Roku search, there's a companion smartphone app to allow you to use your phone as a remote (and type to search) through channels or for content across all your streaming apps.

12-in-1 Headband Bandana [Paisley] - Versatile Lightweight Sports & Casual Headwear - Bandana, Neck Gaiter, Balaclava, Helmet Liner, Mask & More. Constructed with High Performance Moisture Wicking Microfiber
Offered by Tough Headwear
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathable warmth! A winter running essential., February 18, 2015
Perfect for outdoor activity. I'm a runner, and needed to find something that would cover exposed skin yet still allow me to breathe through it while running - this was perfect. I've been out running in temps as low as 10° F in pretty strong winds. Fleece balaclavas are too thick to run/breathe through - this was nice and thin, and long enough I can keep under my coat and hat, and flexible enough to to be able to adjust mid-run, and to fit over my nose without pushing down.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wahoo BLUEHR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo BLUEHR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Low Energy Bluetooth HR Monitor, May 25, 2012
I've been using Runmeter and Cyclemeter for over a year now, and am thrilled to have this great HR monitor to use with my iPhone 4s. Low energy bluetooth means no dongle in the iPhone, and the battery should last a year. I've only had for about 6 weeks, but the battery's still going great. Worked perfectly out of the box - didn't bother to read the instructions. Just put it on, turned on my fitness app, and was good to go. HR appears accurate. The band itself is waterproof, however bluetooth signals can't travel through water, so it's not much use swimming, but certainly it's fine getting sweat/rain on it. And since I don't have to use a dongle (like with any other non-bluetooth monitor) I can fit my iPhone into its waterproof case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2012 3:34 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, Flat free in NYC, December 2, 2010
I've been commuting daily through NYC and had been getting flats on the stock tires at least once a week - if not more. Broken glass and other street debris. I'd tried slime tubes, and they worked for a time, but eventually leaked green slime everywhere, and couldn't reseal the punctures. After being late for work twice in one week because of a flat tire, the final straw was three flats in one night, in the rain - I used my spare tube, then my patch kit, and finally gave up and took the subway.

I ordered these tires, and haven't had a flat in the last two months. Not that they're completely impervious to street debris - no tire is - but they've done their job admirably. They're a bit tough to get on the bike, but once they're on, you're not likely to need to take them off. And as an urban commuter, I greatly appreciate the reflective sidewall.

** UPDATE: February 2012 ** 18 months and nearly 5000 miles of city streets later and still not one flat tire. I've picked plenty of glass out of the thick protection layer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2011 12:23 PM PDT

Pinhead Bicycle Locking Skewer Set, 3 Pack
Pinhead Bicycle Locking Skewer Set, 3 Pack
Price: $64.94
38 used & new from $43.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure your wheels!, October 18, 2010
I commute and keep a bike in New York City. These replace the quick-release skewers that come with most bikes, and make it nearly impossible to steal the wheels off your bicycle without the special key. This means that I don't have to travel with a separate locking system for the frame and the wheels, and can just use a U-lock to secure the frame - makes for a lot less to carry, and locking up outside a lot quicker. Yet with the key, which lives on my keychain, it's very quick to release the skewers for roadside tire repair. I highly recommend for anyone in a less-than-secure area.

MTX Trunk Bag EX
MTX Trunk Bag EX

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect around-town bag, October 18, 2010
This review is from: MTX Trunk Bag EX (Sports)
I commute daily from Queens into Manhattan, and this is the bag that never leaves my bike...except when I have to park it outside in the city, and then it's a quick and easy removal with the MTX rack system. Holds a clean t-shirt, lunch, some bike tools, spare tube, loafers, a cheap plastic poncho, keys, phone, wallet - everything I want to have with me on a daily basis... and always seems to have a little extra room for things picked-up during the day - cat food, CDs, a book - so I never worry about bringing an extra bag. I wouldn't use this to haul groceries in, but for day-to-day commuting, it's great.

Megafault
Megafault
DVD ~ Brittany Murphy
Offered by Cosmic-King llc
Price: $8.28
30 used & new from $1.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously, Hilariously Terrible, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Megafault (DVD)
It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I mean that in the very best possible way. I couldn't stop giggling at it all the way through. It's the kind of movie that "Mystery Science Theater 3000" was born to make fun of...if only they were still doing that. So you'll just have to provide your own snarky commentary. Don't worry - it won't be hard.