Profile for Rochelle R. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rochelle R. Smith RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Freeze Frame
Freeze Frame
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read. Couldn't put it down., May 12, 2014
This review is from: Freeze Frame (Kindle Edition)
This book kept my attention. Fast paced and well written. Since I live in Michigan, I loved the references to locations I know around the State. Even if I lived in England, however, this book would have been a great choice. The plot twists kept me wondering who to trust and what to expect next. It would have been great to read the book in one sitting, but then I would have missed the enjoyment of looking forward to getting back to it. A must read! I can't wait to start Freeze Frame 2016!

Rebekah (Wives of the Patriarchs Book #2): A Novel
Rebekah (Wives of the Patriarchs Book #2): A Novel
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down, February 7, 2014
I loved this book. Lately I had not been finding time to read and thought, perhaps, I had just lost the reading bug. This book reinfected me. It gave me a whole new viewpoint on Rebekah. The story, although I thought I knew it from a lifetime of church attendance, was brought alive with a greater insight into this woman and those in her life. I highly recommend this book. It is the first of Smith's books that I have read and I can't wait to start the next one. I have found a new favorite author.

Thy Word
Thy Word
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - Great song, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Thy Word (MP3 Music)
I love this song and this version. The only reason that I didn't give it five stars is that it is slightly more grown-up than I anticipated. It is a great version of the song, starts with Amy Grant and moves to children singing. It is not necessarily perfect for preschool children. Just a bit too grown-up for them to find it entertaining. For elementary age kids it would be perfect.

Blowfly Boots Snow Joggers, Pink, US Womens 10.5 / UK 8
Blowfly Boots Snow Joggers, Pink, US Womens 10.5 / UK 8
Offered by Trixan Body
Price: $105.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs a bit small, January 18, 2014
I'm glad I read the reviews and ordered a larger size. To be safe I went with two full sizes larger than my shoe size. With boots it is common to need a larger size but normally not two whole sizes. These fit but are definitely not too large. Very glad I went with such a large size. I cannot comment on how warm they are as I have not had an opportunity to wear them snowmobiling yet. For running around they seem great. They are very nice looking. Can't beat the price. Even if they aren't warm enough for snowmobiling, I will be happy with them for the price I paid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 6:38 PM PST

Twelve Disciples
Twelve Disciples
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song for teaching Disciples Names, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Twelve Disciples (MP3 Music)
This was exactly what I was looking for. It isn't old fashioned sounding like so many of the Christian Children's Songs. It isn't rock and roll either. I teach young children and don't want hard rock Christian music during Children's Church. This is the perfect middle-of-the-road version. A great teaching tool.

Dead Lock
Dead Lock
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this book., October 23, 2013
This review is from: Dead Lock (Kindle Edition)
I loved the fact that this book took place in Michigan. The references to events and places from Michigan's history added to the enjoyment of the well written adventure. Even without the Michigan connection, I would have enjoyed the character development and the many twists and turns in this story. Worth the read.

Warn 87840 VR10000-s Winch with Synthetic Rope
Warn 87840 VR10000-s Winch with Synthetic Rope
Price: $829.99
54 used & new from $824.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Warn is a great name. It speaks for itself., April 3, 2013
If you are familiar with Warn Winches you don't need a review. We have always been happy with our Warn Winches. The great quality that you expect with Warn is in this product. We thought of paying less and buying one of the other brands but decided to be safe with another Warn Winch. We haven't regretted it.

This Is the Day (Psalm 118:24)
This Is the Day (Psalm 118:24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Whirl -n- Worship, April 3, 2013
This is a great CD for kids. Several of the songs use the exact words of bible verses so kids can learn the verse while singing along. I use the CD while teaching Children's Church. It makes Memory Verse Time fun. The kids love the contemporary music and enjoy singing along. Learning their memory verses has become like child's play. I purchased several songs again to save to CDs individually. I've made up large Memory Verse Boards and keep the CD with the corresponding Memory Verse Board. It has helped to simplify teaching Children's Church.

6 Rainier Drive (A Cedar Cove Novel)
6 Rainier Drive (A Cedar Cove Novel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, February 1, 2013
I love the Cedar Cove series and, basically, everything else that Debbie Macomber has written. This book was definitely worth reading but really was not one of my favorites. The majority of Macomber's books I don't want to put down. This one did not grab me like the others. However, it was still a good book, just not quite as good as some of her others. The plot line did not seem to take many of the on-going stories around Cedar Cove much farther. It did introduce some characters that appear in later books though, so it is worth reading, even if only to be informed on how these characters got into the picture.

Starvation Lake: A Mystery
Starvation Lake: A Mystery
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book which surprised me, January 22, 2013
I bought this book because we have a cabin on Starvation Lake. I did not expect to love the book. It was just too much of a coincidence to pass it up. Much to my surprise, it was captivating. I suspected my interest in the book might have been influenced by my total lack of high expectation and the many references to businesses and towns near our property. However, I have lent the book to others and they also find it hard to put down. Normally I can see the story line of a book coming a mile away. But the ending in this one surprised me. I will definitely buy the next book in the series and hope Bryan Gruley decides to write many more.

Page: 1 | 2